Tourstriker Planemate

I just pre-ordered after about 2 hours of reading this thread. Huge over the top issue that my lessons just can't solve, I need to feel something not be told what I'm doing.

With the early winter in Wisconsin, what would you guys recommend for a home setup? A new heated range opened up 30 minutes away, so I can probably get there once a week, but would like to swing everyday. I've got vertical space, but not sure I want to launch balls in the finished basement.

• Like 1

> @PTM said:

> I just pre-ordered after about 2 hours of reading this thread. Huge over the top issue that my lessons just can't solve, I need to feel something not be told what I'm doing.

>

> With the early winter in Wisconsin, what would you guys recommend for a home setup? A new heated range opened up 30 minutes away, so I can probably get there once a week, but would like to swing everyday. I've got vertical space, but not sure I want to launch balls in the finished basement.

Say goodbye to OTT in about 15 minutes.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @PTM said:

> > I just pre-ordered after about 2 hours of reading this thread. Huge over the top issue that my lessons just can't solve, I need to feel something not be told what I'm doing.

> >

> > With the early winter in Wisconsin, what would you guys recommend for a home setup? A new heated range opened up 30 minutes away, so I can probably get there once a week, but would like to swing everyday. I've got vertical space, but not sure I want to launch balls in the finished basement.

>

> Say goodbye to OTT in about 15 minutes.

You know that weird feeling when climbing the rope in middle school? Just got that when I read this.

• Like 2

Think I’m going to try and sell mine on eBay too. It’s a great device for the takeaway but I feel like it’s grooving bad habits by creating too many swing thoughts with me, personally. I’m playing golf swing instead of golf right now and would prefer to invest in a lesson rather than an aid.

This is a long babbling video but interesting notes on studies.

Bottom line is the study **he chose** are claiming "physically guided" practice like the Planemate, forcing the correct action, is either useless or damaging for true learning. Not sure I agree with him.

I watched it while trying to putt down a 36" metal ruler. Neither were that fun.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

> @sprcoop said:

> This is a long babbling video but interesting notes on studies.

>

> Bottom line is the study **he chose** are claiming "physically guided" practice like the Planemate, forcing the correct action, is either useless or damaging for true learning. Not sure I agree with him.

>

> I watched it while trying to putt down a 36" metal ruler. Neither were that fun.

>

>

>

>

You know what drives clicks, contrarian points of view from aspiring YouTube “teachers”.

Pass...

• Like 1

Basically brendon is talking about goldilocks training. Though the planemate is not as guided as golf robots it will, imo, be more effective if not solely used In practice but is mixed in with others drills or even some version of what brendon demos. Just straping on the planemate and rarely hitting balls without it to me would be less effective. Nothing new or contrarian to me. Pretty much all good instructors advocate mixing up drills in some form.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

I feel as though his review was just based more on the way he wants to learn rather than an actual unbiased review of the training PM. I am so dont fully agree with the research he presents. I think learning the correct movements and doing the correct movements is vital to a repeatable golf swing.

• Like 1

I feel he is exactly right and mirrored what I said. Phenomenal for 9-3 swings. Absolutely nothing better for inside takeaway because it’s pulling the club toward you. Nothing better for extension after impact for the same reason.

If anyone can make a device to swivel the band so that it would steepen the shaft on the downswing without you trying to shallow the club that would be fantastic. As it stands now if there is any band tension on the right hand at all in the downswing it makes you steepen the shaft. There is a good reason tour striker doesn’t show people with good swings that don’t fight inside takeaway before and afters with the planemate..they typically only show people with the device on swinging. When other instructors do show before and afters of good players..they aren’t “insta shallow” but their club head is in front of their hands on the backswing and their follow thru position right after impact is better..9-3.

> @Deadaimz said:

> I feel as though his review was just based more on the way he wants to learn rather than an actual unbiased review of the training PM. I am so dont fully agree with the research he presents. I think learning the correct movements and doing the correct movements is vital to a repeatable golf swing.

I watched it while stuck in traffic today, his assessment and conclusions are wrong IMO. The paper he cites hinges on the notion of guided perfect/error-less practice, the planemate actually does not allow for that at all, in fact it tells you loud and clear when you make an error and in order to do the motions correctly calls for force/exertion well outside the norm for a regular swing. His few swings in the video were quite flippy as well, the one thing I think they do need to do is advocate for self monitoring with video, as there are a few positions it seems like you can cheat

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Deadaimz said:

> > I feel as though his review was just based more on the way he wants to learn rather than an actual unbiased review of the training PM. I am so dont fully agree with the research he presents. I think learning the correct movements and doing the correct movements is vital to a repeatable golf swing.

>

> I watched it while stuck in traffic today, his assessment and conclusions are wrong IMO. The paper he cites hinges on the notion of guided perfect/error-less practice, the planemate actually does not allow for that at all, in fact it tells you loud and clear when you make an error and in order to do the motions correctly calls for force/exertion well outside the norm for a regular swing. His few swings in the video were quite flippy as well, the one thing I think they do need to do is advocate for self monitoring with video, as there are a few positions it seems like you can cheat

I totally agree with you. Also in the book the talent code it talks about how professional athletes use deep practice to hone their skills with deliberate correct movements.

I would be really interested to try a different version. You can buy "kinetic" or "speed" resistance bands that look very similar and come with straps to put them on limbs. For a right handed golfer, put one strap on the left thigh, put the other strap on the upper right arm. This could really help folks get the feeling dropping the club into the slot.

Branden has had the luck of practicing / working with a ton of highly credited teachers the forum goers know. I take his input with a grain of salt as always (as with anyone on youtube giving their opinion) and note that it is an interesting look at a product. He even disproved his whole point when talking about his friend using the plane mate religiously for a few weeks then going on to win a tournament.

I still want one.

Yes, if you chicken arm it you will get a nice rash from it telling you that you're doing it wrong. If this is an issue I recommend mixing the PlaneMate with the Tour Striker ball.

Thanksgiving approaches and another golf trip to Hilton Head. Would be interested to see the progress of those in this thread using the PlaneMate. I plan to post up some new videos early next week.

I continue to bang away at the protocols every morning and have been doing SuperSpeed golf workouts as well for the last few weeks.

My handicap got up to an 8 (mainly due to coaching and no time to practice), but I am back down to a solid 3 and should be able to push to scratch by February. The last 2 rounds I shot a +1 and -4. If that keeps up I could get there quicker, but the courses in Hilton Head aren’t super forgiving compared to what I typically play.

the biggest gains I have seen using the PM are due to a much more passive clubface. I’m a stall/flip guy and although the gains ARE visible, clubface control is still a subtle thing to see visually in a swing, compared to my improved takeaway and top of backswing positions.

What the PM does for promoting a passive/controlled clubface cannot be overstated. My misses are now almost exclusively due to strike location and turf interaction, NOT my clubface angles at impact. This is a drastic shift from where I was before PM. I was a pretty good north/south guy in terms of carry distances, but my east/west control was terrible. I feel like I’m hitting my start lines with incredible consistency 2 months in.

XL4NIS8XL19U.jpeg

M3ZDOJWEX6UI.jpeg

SCPA6GMPRUJO.jpeg

@thebogeyputt not new struggles- Common occurrences of playing golf. (for me) What I mean is that I’m simply having less misses due to face issues, which allows me to focus on other swing faults. PM is significantly simplifying my iron play and post shot analysis.
I will say my miss is slightly more toe biased than it was before PM when I was more steep in transition (which is great as I have had a hozel shot creep in here and there historically). Due to only having PM for a couple of months, I likely will need to get lie angle adjusted at some point in the process.

Made my own planemate today!

This thing really changes my swing!

I agree with what a lot of people are saying on this. I feel like the backswing is forced to be in the right position, and it feels like I am "flat" at the top, but looks ok, and the club starts to lay down as I transition down.

This really makes you stay down and use the body. This is very hard for me as a life long caster.

It is crazy to try to hit a club after using this, because your muscles move a certain way, and the club feels so strange.

Adding pictures to see how my fake planemate looks.

42PZAQCCGDK0.png

1YUTF5Y50506.png

L78P4Y0YTBGE.png

These are the first initial runs of the PM so there’s no history really to go on. Last shipments were basically when they said they would be, which is likely based on estimates from their manufacturer. I wouldn’t bank on it being earlier and I think they would have really tried to make a push to have them for the holidays.

Risk in them saying they’d be available by Christmas and not delivering (credibility) but also risk in them saying January (not capitalizing on holiday rush). They obviously decided the latter was a better option so that probably tells you what you need to know.

• Like 1