Tourstriker Planemate

If you own a PM and are not warming up with it before your round, you are missing out. It is absolute gold.

I do short band protocols 1 & 2 before hitting any balls, then do protocol 3 while hitting balls off of a tee. After that, it’s building up to full swings with/without bands as needed, with the goal of ending the session by getting back to “normal” as the ghost arms feeling isn’t really something you want as you stand on the first tee.

PM is really helping to quiet my swing thoughts on the course, as I have my swing feels built in better than any possible warmup without it.

Your buddies will give you grief until you take their money. And you WILL take their money.

• Like 2

I've started playing around with the red band and am LOVING it. I go really, really slow and pause at every position. It gives you a great little workout in all the right places, especially in your core and balance.

Do a couple rounds of holding your posture at the end of your follow through, then take off the band and take a normal swing. It feels super powerful.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Guys-

I'm a long-time puller of arms and OTT swinger. Don't have the Planemate yet--but will when they come out in 2020.

When i do attempt to rotate correctly, I feel like there is no swing speed. I feel like the butt of the club is attached to my belly. Even turning as fast as I am able, my core only moves so fast. I know this could be a thread of its own, but would value from guys using Planemate. Where does the speed come from? Do the arms "let it rip" at some point? When I do get disconnected, I hit weak swipes or pulls.

I know this is the key to a proper swing (and I have been swinging "wrong" for decades).

Thanks!

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

> @hankmoody said:

> Guys-

>

> I'm a long-time puller of arms and OTT swinger. Don't have the Planemate yet--but will when they come out in 2020.

>

> When i do attempt to rotate correctly, I feel like there is no swing speed. I feel like the butt of the club is attached to my belly. Even turning as fast as I am able, my core only moves so fast. I know this could be a thread of its own, but would value from guys using Planemate. Where does the speed come from? Do the arms "let it rip" at some point? When I do get disconnected, I hit weak swipes or pulls.

>

> I know this is the key to a proper swing (and I have been swinging "wrong" for decades).

>

> Thanks!

Feeling like the butt of the club barely moves as the clubhead makes all the journey is what has amplified my power from the planemate!

It’s probably just syncing it all up that makes you feel like it doesn’t give you power.

I’m borderline going up from the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 in my epic flash 3 wood as my snap has increased so much. A little thing I’ve been doing is using speed sticks with the planemate. It’s brutal hard work but has made silly gains for me.

• Like 1

> @Dibergio said:

> > @ruffellprefley said:

> > How is people's experience with this curtailing pelvic spinout? my big issue is I fire my hips hard early and my arms get stuck behind me.

>

> I’m interested to hear more about this as it’s me too

>

>

Post a video as I doubt it is the "firing" of the hips

My blind guess would be it has more to do with your tilts

_I feel like the butt of the club is attached to my belly. Even turning as fast as I am able, my core only moves so fast._

Think about it this way - It's not the speed of the handle that matters, it's the speed of the clubhead. Handle changes direction and the clubhead accelerates. If handle keeps going toward the ball, clubhead can't go faster.

I put my makeshift version to use for essentially the first time this morning in my basement. It doesn’t slide yet as it is connected to a fixed point. I really only did the day 1 stuff without hitting balls. This was about 2 hrs before teeing off. I’ve not played much and i hadn’t played well when do get out.

It didn’t hold up the full 18 but I had a nice day with my best 9 holes in months to start the round. I can’t wait to see where this goes and I really want my hands on the real deal.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I went through the 7 day videos without the PM and it really changed my thought process on the golf swing. While I have always rotated quite well, I always came over the top. Sticking my backswing helped get the club in a good position to drop my right elbow to let the club naturally shallow. I'm much more balanced and in a better position at follow through. These videos are great just to get an idea of where you should be. I pre-ordered the PM and can't wait to hone my swing this winter.

> @golfer55082 said:

> I also pre-ordered. Meanwhile does anyone have DIY instructions to create a simple version to use? I think a short resistance tube, a regular belt, and some flag pole clips would do the magic but I have not got time to try.

Materials: Extra club (7i ?), Exercise band, carabiner

Tie band (VERY tight) 4 inches below grip on 7i

Tie band to carabiner at a length giving a couple pounds of tension at address when attached to front right belt loop on pants.

I've got a few thousand swings up to day 7 on the protocols on mine without issue.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Close but it would be nice to keep the fixed angle on the club shaft otherwise the resistance band may easily twists around.... have you looked at some clamp or clips such as flag pole rotation clips?

> @sprcoop said:

> > @golfer55082 said:

> > I also pre-ordered. Meanwhile does anyone have DIY instructions to create a simple version to use? I think a short resistance tube, a regular belt, and some flag pole clips would do the magic but I have not got time to try.

>

> Materials: Extra club (7i ?), Exercise band, carabiner

>

> Tie band (VERY tight) 4 inches below grip on 7i

> Tie band to carabiner at a length giving a couple pounds of tension at address when attached to front right belt loop on pants.

>

> I've got a few thousand swings up to day 7 on the protocols on mine without issue.

> @golfer55082 said:

> Close but it would be nice to keep the fixed angle on the club shaft otherwise the resistance band may easily twists around.... have you looked at some clamp or clips such as flag pole rotation clips?

>

> > @sprcoop said:

> > > @golfer55082 said:

> > > I also pre-ordered. Meanwhile does anyone have DIY instructions to create a simple version to use? I think a short resistance tube, a regular belt, and some flag pole clips would do the magic but I have not got time to try.

> >

> > Materials: Extra club (7i ?), Exercise band, carabiner

> >

> > Tie band (VERY tight) 4 inches below grip on 7i

> > Tie band to carabiner at a length giving a couple pounds of tension at address when attached to front right belt loop on pants.

> >

> > I've got a few thousand swings up to day 7 on the protocols on mine without issue.

>

>

I tied it so the knot is at the same place recommended by planemate. Plus, even if it was off the band would have very little leverage considering the diameter of the shaft. I suspect unnoticeable. Try it, you'll see.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Anyone having difficulty getting the protocols to play on an iPad? I an only get #6 to play.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > Anyone else notice that the planemate makes you laid off at the top? I've never been laid off in my life and took some videos yesterday and was super laid off.

>

> You need more up in the back swing. I think they specifically say this in the protocols.

>

>

Agreed, I've been practicing with an alignment stick on takeaway making sure it points inside the ball

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > Anyone else notice that the planemate makes you laid off at the top? I've never been laid off in my life and took some videos yesterday and was super laid off.

>

> You need more up in the back swing. I think they specifically say this in the protocols.

>

>

Yep, I noticed I can get a bit flat if I don't really exaggerate the stretch up to the top

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Golfbeat said:

> > > @kobe123 said:

> > > Anyone else notice that the planemate makes you laid off at the top? I've never been laid off in my life and took some videos yesterday and was super laid off.

> >

> > You need more up in the back swing. I think they specifically say this in the protocols.

> >

> >

>

> Yep, I noticed I can get a bit flat if I don't really exaggerate the stretch up to the top

Yeah, that's the only downfall I see in it. I feel like many people wont exaggerate enough and will become laid off in order to make the shallowing part easier.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Hackattack1 said:

> > What's the main point of this aide? To get u shallow and match up pivot/arm swing? thx.

> Also helps with the take away, backswing, preventing arm over run , flipping, in addition to syncing up the arms/pivot and shallowing in transition. Other than that, basically useless

that's all, lol.

does anyone think it does anything for flexibility and/or EE? I have pretty tight lower body and thus have a hard time rotating vs a tendency to slide.

also what is "arm over run?"

thx, Krt22!

Have had mine for a couple months now. (5 handicap) Used it quite a bit in the beginning and really helped me simplify my swing, meaning less wasted motion. Always have been a good ball striker but using this made the ball sound so much better off the face. I notice it helps with developing more width in the back swing, helps me feel connected with the club, better awareness of the club face, and made me realize that i can turn harder through impact. A big difference on the range and fall flight was that because your swing path is more neutral I didn't notice big draws or fades, it really tightened the dispersion. Still working on it with the driver because I tend to really release and roll my right hand over (Right-handed golfer) and it fights you to bring the club handle more around your body than down the line. Looking forward to working with it during the winter months here in the Midwest now. Heard some people use it for putting as well but never have tried it, I like the smart ball for that so far. Great tool. IMO the price is worth it for the results and enjoyment I have gotten out of better ball striking and consistency.

• Like 1

> @sprcoop said:

> > @golfer55082 said:

> > I also pre-ordered. Meanwhile does anyone have DIY instructions to create a simple version to use? I think a short resistance tube, a regular belt, and some flag pole clips would do the magic but I have not got time to try.

>

> Materials: Extra club (7i ?), Exercise band, carabiner

>

> Tie band (VERY tight) 4 inches below grip on 7i

> Tie band to carabiner at a length giving a couple pounds of tension at address when attached to front right belt loop on pants.

>

> I've got a few thousand swings up to day 7 on the protocols on mine without issue.

I did the same actually. Works well.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5