Easy to launch 3wood recommendation?

Freddog97

> @Ski5280 said:

> I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

i agree with this and if you go carlsgolfland.com 917f2 18* is on sale for $99.99

> @Ski5280 said:

> I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

I'll second this. The 917F2 is fantastic, looks and sounds great, and can be had pretty cheap right now. I rotate a 7W and a 3W and they are both great. Long off the tee, consistent, and smooth off the turf.

> @BrianM18 said:

> > @Ski5280 said:

> > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

>

> i agree with this and if you go carlsgolfland.com 917f2 18* is on sale for $99.99

Just pulled the trigger on this. Will report back!

> @Bamabowtie said:

> > @BrianM18 said:

> > > @Ski5280 said:

> > > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

> >

> > i agree with this and if you go carlsgolfland.com 917f2 18* is on sale for $99.99

>

> Just pulled the trigger on this. Will report back!

Good Luck with it its a great deal

> @BrianM18 said:

> > @Bamabowtie said:

> > > @BrianM18 said:

> > > > @Ski5280 said:

> > > > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

> > >

> > > i agree with this and if you go carlsgolfland.com 917f2 18* is on sale for $99.99

> >

> > Just pulled the trigger on this. Will report back!

>

> Good Luck with it its a great deal

Took it out on the range today and it’s a big improvement over my Epic 5 W. My miss is an over draw and so with the 917 F2 faded to max in ever setting I was getting a baby fade to straight as an arrow on most ball flights. Very happy with this club!

A 7-HDCP golfer at our club is getting ready to try a 4W. This season he has been having trouble getting his 3W airborne from the fairway.

**Note** on the TM 3W/HL clubs (16.5* to 17*). This club has same shaft length as the standard 3W. If you're looking for more control, you might trim down the shaft from 43 inches.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

I recently bought a Cobra F9 Tour edition 3 wood (tour shaft and weighting / CG in front). It hits well from the deck with the baffler rails.

If you perhaps can't hit it so well, the regular version has a bigger head and weighting in the back end.

Highly recommended.

TM Mini Brnr 9* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Attas 6Rockstar 6X

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.

Epic Flash is now in the bag-it replaces the Cobra F7, but the F7 is still one of the best and will stay close by.

Both are easy to launch.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

> @Nixhex524 said:

> > @Ski5280 said:

> > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

>

> I will second this. I just picked one up a week ago and am LOVING the 917f2. I had the TS2 which was pretty hot faced for a 3w but the 917 looks better from the top and actually seems easier off the deck. Off the tee it is LONG. Love this thing so far.

>

> I am not a Callaway fan but their 3 woods are typically some of the easiest to hit off the deck. The first generation XR is a beautiful looking club.

Curious about which surefit setting that you're using on those 917 f2 for easiest launch?

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

> @Bamabowtie said:

> > @BrianM18 said:

> > > @Bamabowtie said:

> > > > @BrianM18 said:

> > > > > @Ski5280 said:

> > > > > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

> > > >

> > > > i agree with this and if you go carlsgolfland.com 917f2 18* is on sale for $99.99

> > >

> > > Just pulled the trigger on this. Will report back!

> >

> > Good Luck with it its a great deal

>

> Took it out on the range today and it’s a big improvement over my Epic 5 W. My miss is an over draw and so with the 917 F2 faded to max in ever setting I was getting a baby fade to straight as an arrow on most ball flights. Very happy with this club!

I have set up -.75 in the slight draw setting so its slightly upright with the neutral weight in its perfect straight or slight draw set ups perfectly for those 2nd shots

> @mtiger10 said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > > @Ski5280 said:

> > > I have the Titleist 917 F2. I find it easy to launch off the turf, much easier than the 913 I was gaming before. The sound is nice too. Since the TS’s have been out awhile you might be able to get one at a good price.

> >

> > I will second this. I just picked one up a week ago and am LOVING the 917f2. I had the TS2 which was pretty hot faced for a 3w but the 917 looks better from the top and actually seems easier off the deck. Off the tee it is LONG. Love this thing so far.

> >

> > I am not a Callaway fan but their 3 woods are typically some of the easiest to hit off the deck. The first generation XR is a beautiful looking club.

>

> Curious about which surefit setting that you're using on those 917 f2 for easiest launch?

I like C 2 for my 18* that gives me the best of just advancing the ball on long par 5's and to hit greens its my longest playing club after the driver

> @mtiger10 said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > > @Ski5280 said:

> >

> > I will second this. I just picked one up a week ago and am LOVING the 917f2. I had the TS2 which was pretty hot faced for a 3w but the 917 looks better from the top and actually seems easier off the deck. Off the tee it is LONG. Love this thing so far.

> >

> > I am not a Callaway fan but their 3 woods are typically some of the easiest to hit off the deck. The first generation XR is a beautiful looking club.

>

> Curious about which surefit setting that you're using on those 917 f2 for easiest launch?

I'm just in the A1 setting.... I don't play around with them all that often. I have a 16.5* 915f... I may also put that in the bag but the 917f2 at 15* is a bit more of a penetrating bullet flight and I like the little extra distance I can get.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Is Titleist the only OEM that allows their FW's lie angle to adjust flatter?

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

> @Mikey5e said:

> I think there are at least over a dozen 'easy to hit' 3-woods suggested in this thread. I didn't realize that there were so many easy to hit 3 woods in the golfing world!

That's why threads like these are pointless. Asking people who have different swing mechanics for advice on what works for them is just pointless. My advice to the OP, go to a GG (or simular store) and find the used golf club section.....hit all the 3 woods available until you find the one that fits your swing.