NFL Pick 3 Weekly Contest 20019-20

touch

Tampa Bay +3 (TIE)

Indy -7 (WIN)

Miami -1 (WIN)

2-0-1 for the week.

As the Commish has pointed out it is my 4th tie of the season. It's neither a win nor a loss but it is basically a wasted pick. If we were to use 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie I would be happier with the ties. I imagine it's a bit late in the proceedings to ask for a new scoring system though...can't blame a guy for trying!!

• Like 1

First off congrats to Qqq who went 3-0 this weekend. Second doctoro has the OVR 45 1/2 in tonight's Vikes/ Pack affair and if that hits he goes 3-0 too.

Now seven of us went 2-1 in week 16, and NCLancer obtained his fourth tie and went 2-0-1

Commish says that is boring because the result is very little change in the standings.

higherground 29-17-2

Jearbear 28-18-2

Pete3putt 26-20-2

doctoro 26-20-1 ( pick tonight on MNF)

touch 25 -23

NCLancer 24-20-4

Adam 24 -23-1

Chuntsman 23-24-1

Qqq 24-24

knockitclose 23-25

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

That scoring system has been proposed before NCLancer in years past. I haven't done it because it's more time consuming for calculating records and this ain't hockey bro. Lol Just having fun sir.

I know it is rather dumb luck, but why pick games that have the real potential to be close to, or right on the Vegas line ? ! Lol

Knock it , Qqq and I are players who have avoided any pushes so it can be done. lol again I kid.

Maybe I can award a 1/3rd of a point to the participant with the most ties at the end of the year? You sir are in the lead for that fraction of a point, which is nice!

^ oh we could do it that way (next year) as adam has shown us an example for above. The Commish says there are a few conditions though.

I will need an official statistician to assist me all season long in the tallying. That individual has to be able to hit tight deadlines weekly all season long, playoffs too. That person must be able to limit themselves to only 2 mathematical errors per 90 days.The statistician must have a masters in Mathematics from Purdue or a similar accredited University.He must not be swayed by the jeers of the audience when they suggest new accounting and tabulating ways.He must know there is no salary involved with the tabulator position. This is a volunteer gig. He must be able to break 80 regularly from the tips.Finally he can't be a homer for one team in too severe a fashion.

All interested applicants can submit an application to me via PM.

7R5XBJQA7XBS.png

Remember this thing/contest might just gain in popularity for next season thus causing the statistician to do way more work than I currently do. There is an outside chance that it could grow immensely, to say 16 players.

Enjoy family and friends this week all of you.

Commish touch

Noted and changed Jerebear.

Thank you as always ( everyone also ) helping me keep it accurate.

Nice steady results for you Jerebear for weeks on end of late. Strong second place and poised for a take over perhaps?!! Nice picks and plays sir.

Standings at the end of week 16

higherground 29-17-2

Jearbear 28-18-2

Pete3putt 26-20-2

doctoro 26-22-1

touch 25 -23

NCLancer 24-20-4

Adam 24 -23-1

Chuntsman 23-24-1

Qqq 24-24

knockitclose 23-25

Week 17 Lines for Picks

Sunday

Cleveland -3 at Cincinnati -------------45

Chicago at Minnesota -1 ----------------------41 1/2

Atlanta at Tampa -1 ---------------------49

New Orleans -13 at Carolina --------------47 1/2

NY Jets at Buffalo -1 -----------------------36

Miami at New England-16 --------------------45

Green Bay -10 at Detroit ---------------41 1/2

LA Chargers at Kansas City -8 ---------------46 1/2

Tennessee-4 at Houston --------------46

Indy -3 1/2 at Jacksonville --------------43

Washington at Dallas -11 --------------------------44 1/2

Philadelphia -4 1/2 at NY Giants -------------------45

Pittsburgh -2 at Baltimore -----------------38

Arizona at LA Rams -7 1/2 --------47 1/.2

Oakland at Denver -3 1/2 -------------------41

San Fran -3 at Seattle -------------------47

Well, the fat guy who is emblematic of pagan ritual has been and gone. The exterior decorative lights along my street urge me to keep the Christ in Christmas still glisten and 2019 is largely in the rearview mirror. I would be untruthful if I said I wasn't ready for the year to be over. From BB going down with an elbow injury to the abdominal injury to the generational talent In the NHL which has him sidelined for 8 weeks or more. The difference is, the hometown Pens have a bonafide superstar to lean on, the Steelers have Duck.

The depleted Steelers travel to Baltimore with the hopes of the playoffs dancing like Sugar Plums in their heads. The Ravens are dressing the JV team to see what they have in the wings. Really, if this were not professional football, this would be the JV game that kicks off at 4:25 so the varsity could take the field under the lights. Yep, Sunday Night Lights, that was one heck of a show. I really want to pick the Steelers, but having them favored is absolutely ludicrous. If I take the over, surely the JV offenses will put up a 9-6 game, if I pick the under, Duck won't throw an interception and Diontae Johnson will go into 2020 as the savior. Well, keep Diontae in Christmas and I am taking the over with RGIII and Duck in an offensive shootout. This is NOT the bet, but I would think the Steelers can eke this one out 46-45.

Let's keep this in the north. The Bengals have wrapped up their destiny, and their stocking is filled with a big ole Burrow. The Red Rifle is short on this world and I anticipate a blockbuster trade this winter/summer with him being traded to the hapless Dolphins for a years worth of Cuban sandwiches, a tres leche, and a VHS of Ace Ventura. The Browns are a dumpster fire, and they are also not playing for anything but pride, but if OBJ has shown us anything, his pride starts and stops at his own self worth. The obvious play is to pick the Browns and give the points, but as Sam Wyche once said, "This isn't Cleveland," well Sam, you have been proven correct again, because Cleveland has talent and Cincinnati doesn't. Can the dumpster fire come out hot? I think they do, and I will take the Browns and give the points.

The NFC East is a cesspool. I guess they wanted parity, but I believe they were looking for more parity on the side of quality and not this type of parity. This division is why the EPL has a relegation at the end of every season. I never understood why the American sports don't institute this rule. Well, the Giants should be relegated, and I think even the Eagles can cover in this game. I see Carson Wentz coming out of his malaise with a game for the ages. Heck he might even pass for 150 yards this week. When a team possesses Barkley and still can't score? Well, you have more issues than benching ole Eli with the .500 career record. So, I am giving the points and taking the Eagles.

I hope everyone rings in the New Year with optimism and have a good weekend.

• Like 1

When I was posting the lines for this week a few days before the fat man touched down on over ten capilians zillions of roof tops I had to pause and shake my head. Pittsburgh is giving the Ravens points in BALTO?! is what I said to myself. Surely the first typo of the season was what I had uncovered in my source for the Vegas numbers was my first explanation for it. I know resting the big names by the Ravens is in order, but still the Duck is "giving" on the road to the best team in the AFC? Then old boy commish reached some clarity in the matter. See Duck is better than RG lll Vegas thinks, so thus the few crumbs of points were thrown to help the Ravens second string passer in this contest .

In other news ( cue the Pet Shop Boys w/ Dusty Springfield)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1qLDTesyIMother Nature had a special Christmas gift for the golfers in North Carolina this year. It has been in the middle 60's with sunny skies and no wind since Monday. The old man commish played 27 on Monday, 18 yesterday, and I just came off the course 20 minutes ago. The weather pattern is to hold constant into next week too. I am supposed to be in my Eddie Bauer down parka when outside and putting indoors on carpet for a golf game at the end of December, certainly not teeing it up day after day. I'll take it and I was a fairly decent human overall this year so maybe that is why I received the fab weather for my Christmas present. Commish is in a happy golfer state of mind to close out the year gentlemen.

Commish, The fine Carolina weather also allowed my wife and I to play 18 on Christmas Eve afternoon in Durham. We teed off at 12:50 and the pace was quite slow. 1:45 to play 9. Rather than slog thru the back 9 we just played the front again and we sped thru uninterrupted at 1:15! Temps in the high 50's and scores in the low 90's...both could be better but no complaining!

• Like 1

Qqq voting absentee this week

New England -16

Buffalo -1

Green Bay -10

I got cha' covered Qqq,

you better have snagged a souvenir in Tahoe for me ............ya know ....for the effort.

I better get busy and study some picks. I'm rather lost here with week 17's slate of games.

We are rolling with this contest right into the Playoffs ( with the format I suggested one page back on the thread) are we not?

^ You are very welcome NCLancer. I too find enjoyment in this thread. Thank you for your cagey wit and your participation .

I was so glad to hear you and the Mrs. got out for some golf in our unusually warm weather.

Week 17 Lines for Picks

Sunday

Cleveland -3 at Cincinnati -------------45

Chicago at Minnesota -1 ----------------------41 1/2

Atlanta at Tampa -1 ---------------------49

New Orleans -13 at Carolina --------------47 1/2

NY Jets at Buffalo -1 -----------------------36

Miami at New England-16 --------------------45

Green Bay -10 at Detroit ---------------41 1/2

LA Chargers at Kansas City -8 ---------------46 1/2

Tennessee-4 at Houston --------------46

Indy -3 1/2 at Jacksonville --------------43

Washington at Dallas -11 --------------------------44 1/2

Philadelphia -4 1/2 at NY Giants -------------------45

Pittsburgh -2 at Baltimore -----------------38

Arizona at LA Rams -7 1/2 --------47 1/.2

Oakland at Denver -3 1/2 -------------------41

San Fran -3 at Seattle -------------------47

For the final week of the regular season my picks are

Tenn / Houston OVR 46

Tampa -1

Kansas City -8

Geez! Week 17 a virtual slate of games with no meaning! Except for the smattering of home fields and the division in the NFC least.

What you say? NFC least? I mean I picked the Eagles 2 weeks in a row and lost both, but was I just a little to quick on the trigger? Since then the Eagles have shown great resolve playing with a trunk of broken toys. Santa was not kind in December. However I have watched Wentz hold it together and a rookie I drafted in fantasy Miles Sanders turn up the volume once J Howard came up gimpy for a few weeks. As one of our past linguistically challenged Presidents said roll me once, fool me twice ...yadda yadda, you get it.

Thrice is that a word? I sure hope not so I am taking the Eagles - 4.5. That’s sticking my neck out, 4.5 is a lot but I am not one to shy away from a tough pick.

Bills, Bills, Bills. What an easy ripe fruit this is. Bills -1 at home!? Wait, wait, wait! Bills resting a lot of starters. This is why only morons play their fantasy championships in week 17. I think I just opened up a comeback door of snide comments....LoL. “ only idiots play fantasy football”. “Not a real fan”. I would only say websites, like CBSsportsline, ESPN, Yahoosports, are many more are more than glad the fantasy industry has helped the NFL stay so popular on the Internet. Not to mention the gaming industry where more and more sports books are being legalized as we progress to 2020 when the Raiders will be playing in the gambling capital of the country, Las Vegas....I will take the point in case of a tie which is my prediction LoL. The Jets + 1.

• Like 1

Since this is Week 17 I feel this is a way of holding on to the wonderful blog that my good friend Touch has helped steer throughout a very hard year for me.

I will not go into all of that here. But thank you Touch for keeping me engaged and my mind off of my journey of 2019 as we go into 2020 and a playoff pool?

Sounds good.

So as we go into that pool I am going to preface this by saying I have hated the Patriots for a long time. I have not been a band wagon guy, I am not a fan of Brady, or Belichick because they are always favored. Not so this year. I have seen a lot of people jumping off the Patriots bandwagon as they have lost key games to three of the teams with mobile and very popular young Qb’s. Since the Patriots seem to have finally come up with an impressive win, I might be warming up to their “do whatever it takes just to win mentality.” Gilmore is a true shut down Cb, and there is a reason why they have so many running backs, you need to run the ball to win in the playoffs. Those 3 games they lost were one or two plays from being in a different light. Game film in place, I say the Patriots go to Baltimore and upset the Ravens at some point.

I like Dogs with good coaching, running games, veteran QB’s Patriots/ Eagles rematch in the Bowl would fulfill that prophecy. But Eagles are really banged up.

So I am going against the MVP Jackson, and the newly minted defense and Taking the Patriots vs the Shanahan coached Niners.

Brady gets beaten in the Bowl by his ex teammate. My man. Jimmy G.

I am taking Patriots to start that journey today. Pats -16.

• Like 1

I took a peek at the big board of selections just now. Here are the most common picks by the field today.

K.C. 3 players ---- HigherG, Me, and Adam

NY Jets 3 --- NCL, Knockit, and doctoro

NY Giants 3 --- JereB, Chunts, and Knockit

New England 3 --- Qqq, doctoro, and Knockit

Philadelphia 3 --- Pete3, HigherG, and doctoro

Thought I would throw this up and see how the masses fare.

5J9DL2I024MQ.png