2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> >

> > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> >

> > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

>

> When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

So, are you speaking out about all of the other activities that cost you money because of higher insurance rates such as driving cars, jogging, playing football, riding bicycles, eating fast food, etc?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > Fred = thread

> > > ( how come I cannot edit my post?)

> >

> > Did you try clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your post?

>

> I am on my Android phone and don't see anything in the upper right corner to click on?

Maybe it doesn't show up on phone apps. I'm using a computer and every post I make has the edit gear icon in the upper right corner of the post.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> >

> > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> >

> > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

>

> When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > >

> > > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> > >

> > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> >

> > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

>

> In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

@Mikey5e said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > >

> > > > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> > > >

> > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > >

> > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> >

> > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

>

> So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

Yes, that's my Libertarian philosophy.

Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom") is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle. Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association and individual judgment.

Especially civic liberty.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Dpavs said:

> > > Things are hardly ever really simple or as black or white as be depicted at times, but either way...

> > >

> > > Waiting for the lock now!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I don't see anything wrong with this Fred, people are generally quite civil, and why would you want it locked?

>

> Fred = thread

> ( how come I cannot edit my post?)

Flip your phone sideways. The icon shows then. I don’t know why. I mean. Who on earth uses their phone turned sideways , unless taking a pic. Then always horizontal. Only a barbarian would take a pic on a phone on the vertical position. Sorry. Rant over.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > You should really look up the history of Marijuana laws in the US. Laws are made by imperfect politicians, not by medical professionals.

> >

>

> It's actually worse than that. It stared for racial reasons.

Conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. Officially jumped the shark now.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > You should really look up the history of Marijuana laws in the US. Laws are made by imperfect politicians, not by medical professionals.

> > >

> >

> > It's actually worse than that. It stared for racial reasons.

>

> Conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. Officially jumped the shark now.

There was certainly a racial component of the early marijuana laws.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_4590190

Not to dip my toes too deep into the political pool but that's also how gun restriction laws started.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/347324-the-racist-origin-of-gun-control-laws%3famp

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > Things are hardly ever really simple or as black or white as be depicted at times, but either way...

> > > >

> > > > Waiting for the lock now!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't see anything wrong with this Fred, people are generally quite civil, and why would you want it locked?

> >

> > Fred = thread

> > ( how come I cannot edit my post?)

>

> Flip your phone sideways. The icon shows then. I don’t know why. I mean. Who on earth uses their phone turned sideways , unless taking a pic. Then always horizontal. Only a barbarian would take a pic on a phone on the vertical position. Sorry. Rant over.

lol, thanks, it worked!

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > >

> > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> >

> > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

>

> So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

That is much better than letting misguided/corrupt/imperfect politicians dictate what they deem legal. Between alcohol, tobacco, fast food, and THC, THC is the least deadly substance by a huge huge margin. If you are really worried about your tax dollars/insurance premiums/etc being squandered, THC is the absolute least of your problems. If anything, if legal, it could dramatically decrease the public health/economic impact of many of the other legal substances available for american's to consume. Unless of course you too believe it is the Devil's lettuce and laced with sin.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > In my opinion, unjust laws start where men and women try to legislate personal freedom. Marriage. What type of **** I can have. What I might smoke or drink in my own home on my private property. As I said before decriminalization at the state level isn't going away, but I also don't expect it to change at the Federal level any time soon. Too bold of a move for any party. The obvious loophole for the Fed is to stop enforcing that part of the drug code. A de facto decriminalization.

> >

> > At least now, in 2019 we can choose where we want to live. We can choose a place that is congruent with our lifestyle, pay taxes in and support that State/municipality. Want to be able to marry another boy and smoke some weed? Move to MA or ME or CA. Want to be somewhere that makes it a FELONY to carry a thc cartridge, and where laws are pulled from The Good Book? Move somewhere in the South.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> So it's a big conspiracy by legislators that band these types of substances? What about all the ramifications that go along with types of drugs that cost taxpayers billions of dollars? Cancer, emphysema, brain damage, and other organ damage that insurance companies have to pay out. Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society. Yeah, it's a big conspiracy by legislators to take away your fun. What a crock! If something doesn't go your way, it's got to be a conspiracy to take away your rights, doesn't it?

I just want the record to reflect that not once did I ever mention conspiracy. You did, so get that strawman crap outta here.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > Things are hardly ever really simple or as black or white as be depicted at times, but either way...

> > > >

> > > > Waiting for the lock now!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't see anything wrong with this Fred, people are generally quite civil, and why would you want it locked?

> >

> > Fred = thread

> > ( how come I cannot edit my post?)

>

> Flip your phone sideways. The icon shows then. I don’t know why. I mean. Who on earth uses their phone turned sideways , unless taking a pic. Then always horizontal. Only a barbarian would take a pic on a phone on the vertical position. Sorry. Rant over.

I turn it sideways because the layout changes, page becomes bigger and easier for my fat sausage fingers to click things when surfing webpages.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Governments should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

Why do you think a few adults should have the power to tell all other adults what to consume?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > You should really look up the history of Marijuana laws in the US. Laws are made by imperfect politicians, not by medical professionals.

> > >

> >

> > It's actually worse than that. It stared for racial reasons.

>

> Conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. Officially jumped the shark now.

There was no conspiracy. Just ignorance and racism.

Harry Anslinger took the scientifically unsupported idea of marijuana as a violence-inducing drug, connected it to black and Hispanic people, and created a perfect package of terror to sell to the American media and public. By emphasizing the Spanish word marihuana instead of cannabis, he created a strong association between the drug and the newly arrived Mexican immigrants who helped popularize it in the States. He also created a narrative around the idea that cannabis made black people forget their place in society. He pushed the idea that jazz was evil music created by people under the influence of marijuana.

https://www.businessinsider.com/racist-origins-marijuana-prohibition-legalization-2018-2

• Like 1

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > You should really look up the history of Marijuana laws in the US. Laws are made by imperfect politicians, not by medical professionals.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's actually worse than that. It stared for racial reasons.

> >

> > Conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. Officially jumped the shark now.

>

> There was no conspiracy. Just ignorance and racism.

>

> Harry Anslinger took the scientifically unsupported idea of marijuana as a violence-inducing drug, connected it to black and Hispanic people, and created a perfect package of terror to sell to the American media and public. By emphasizing the Spanish word marihuana instead of cannabis, he created a strong association between the drug and the newly arrived Mexican immigrants who helped popularize it in the States. He also created a narrative around the idea that cannabis made black people forget their place in society. He pushed the idea that jazz was evil music created by people under the influence of marijuana.

>

> https://www.businessinsider.com/racist-origins-marijuana-prohibition-legalization-2018-2

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing. The notion that M is violence inducing has got to be one of the greatest lies of all time.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > > >

> > > > > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> > > > >

> > > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > > >

> > > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> > >

> > > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

> >

> > So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

>

> Governments should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

>

> Why do you think a few adults should have the power to tell all other adults what to consume?

Sounds like anarcho-capitalism. Is it just this one area where you feel the need to cast of the shackles of government or is it more broadly based?

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @cxx said:

> >

> > Sounds like anarcho-capitalism. Is it just this one area where you feel the need to cast of the shackles of government or is it more broadly based?

>

> Label it whatever you choose. Governments have an important role; just not a nanny role.

Agreed.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. -TJ

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for your slavery comment, I'm not even sure how you got there. Comparing slavery to the use of marijuana is a step I'm not willing to take or debate.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Learn to read. I didn't compare slavery to the use of marijuana. I used slavery to illustrate the concept that sometimes bad laws should be violated.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is absolutely the incorrect way!! Anyone can justify a variety of laws that are unfair and wrong from their personal pow and break them because they feel they are wrong. In case you feel a law is unjust and should be changed then you need to take the correct way of influencing the people making the laws instead breaking them, for heaven's sake!!!

> > > >

> > > > You and I will just have to agree to disagree.

> > > >

> > > > I think morality trumps laws and my example of slavery illustrates that concept perfectly. 200 years ago people built the underground railroad to free slaves and that was illegal but the correct thing to do. I hope that I would have the strength to break those laws as they did if I were living back then.

> > > >

> > > > Jury nullification supports this concept. I can assure you that if I'm on a jury that is hearing a case of somebody accused of possessing pot I will invoke my jury nullification rights and vote to acquit.

> > > >_

> > >

> > > I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that “an unjust law is no law at all.”_

> > >

> > > MLK

> >

> > The problem with your proposition is that it is wholly subjective. That is, who determines what is just and what is unjust? As can be seen in this thread, there are differences of opinions regarding the justness of using marijuana. If we can't agree on something like marijuana, what makes you think people can agree on much larger issues? Many people think the death penalty is unjust. Under your proposition, those people are justified in attempting to break out of prison those who are on death row. To use an example you previously brought up: I have no doubt that there are some people who live in this country that think slavery is a right and any law prohibiting it is unjust... should these people be allowed to enslave others? The problem with using justness and morality as yardsticks is that they are subjective measures which differ amongst everyone in society. Abortion is a great example. I fully understand the arguments on both sides, and both sides have moral soap boxes they can stand on. Who is right? There is no clear answer. What is clear, or at least discernible enough to follow, is the laws regarding abortion. One can easily determine if their planned actions are legal or illegal when the law is one's yardstick.

> >

> > Whether you believe a law is just or unjust, obeying that law should not be an option. Obeying the law is objective; it is binary. Sometimes, following the law sucks, but it is what needs to be done. When I was in the Middle East, I had to follow innumerable laws and rules that were in place to protect those trying to kill me despite the fact that I knew that none of my enemies were going to follow the same laws and rules. I may have thought the laws were unjust, or at least unjust in application, but that didn't give me the right to disobey them, even if it meant my likelihood of survival was decreased.

> >

> > Your proposition _might_ work in a society in which everyone was on the same page and could agree on all things. That is not the society we live in, and as such, we cannot allow people to choose which laws they wish to follow. While I don't think it functions well, we have governments in place (local, state, and federal) that set the rules. Any time we disagree with those rules, we can petition our representatives to change them. That is the proper way to object to a law which one feels is improper and/or unjust... disobeying the law is not.

>

> St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Martin Luther King disagree.

>

> Lex iniusta non est lex

>

>

Tell me, Leo, who in your opinion have the power to define what kind of law is unjust and give themselves the permission or even an obligation to break that law? And who will decide they will not be punished for breaking those laws?

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > > >

> > > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> > >

> > > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

> >

> > So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

>

>

> Why do you think a few adults should have the power to tell all other adults what to consume?

That is called democracy. Don't forget that the freedom of speech loved and praised by so many US citizens is one of the corner stones of democracy while breaking the laws is not.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

>

> Tell me, Leo, who in your opinion have the power to define what kind of law is unjust and give themselves the permission or even an obligation to break that law? And who will decide they will not be punished for breaking those laws?

Every adult has that power. Most choose not to use it.

If you choose to disobey an unjust law you should expect to be punished if you are caught. When the underground railroad people decided to illegally help slaves escape, they knew they would be punished if caught.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > > > >

> > > > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> > > >

> > > > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

> > >

> > > So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

> >

> > Governments should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

> >

> > Why do you think a few adults should have the power to tell all other adults what to consume?

>

> That is called democracy. Don't forget that the freedom of speech loved and praised by so many US citizens is one of the corner stones of democracy while breaking the laws is not.

And yet this country was founded by lawbreakers and by violating the law.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> >

> > Tell me, Leo, who in your opinion have the power to define what kind of law is unjust and give themselves the permission or even an obligation to break that law? And who will decide they will not be punished for breaking those laws?

>

> Every adult has that power. **Most choose not to use it.**

>

Indeed. Those who have enough brain to understand why laws in a democracy need to be respected.

Roadking, just for your information, every law in this world is unjust in the eyes of at least one individual. According to your philosophy it means that all the laws are unjust and should be broken by at least someone.

How does that sound as a functioning society?

It is clear that this conversation leads nowhere and it is very far from golf so I withdraw at this point.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said: Even though alcohol is legal, look at all the negative consequences and problems alcohol causes in our society.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Freedom isn't free, but it's worth every penny.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And BTW, who gave you the authority to tell other people how to live their lives?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When it starts costing me money, and every other free person money, because of higher insurance rates, medical bills, etc, I think we have a right to speak up!

> > > > >

> > > > > In that case we should ban all fast food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. If you are obese, you should go to a government run fat camp. We should also outlaw poverty.

> > > >

> > > > So what you are saying everything should be legal and there should be no restrictions at all?

> > >

> > > Governments should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

> > >

> > > Why do you think a few adults should have the power to tell all other adults what to consume?

> >

> > That is called democracy. Don't forget that the freedom of speech loved and praised by so many US citizens is one of the corner stones of democracy while breaking the laws is not.

>

> And yet this country was founded by lawbreakers and by violating the law.

Yeah, think about that...

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Whether you realize it or not, although I think you do, all laws, rules, and regulations are legislated by a 'few' to govern the many. In a similar way, the few (tournament committee) can legislate for the many (golfers). If a tournament committee decides against M use, they have that right. You may not like it, but you are obligated to follow it.

> @Mikey5e said:

>If a tournament committee decides against M use, they have that right. You may not like it, but you are obligated to follow it.

Absolutely. If I enter a tournament I have to abide by their rules. I can choose to not enter if I don't like their rules.

My issue with tournament committees with regard to banned substances is their inconsistency.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> Roadking, just for your information, every law in this world is unjust in the eyes of at least one individual. According to your philosophy it means that all the laws are unjust and should be broken by at least someone.

>

Now you are twisting my words. I never said anything near that. But you know that.

Many comments made in this thread, most are good, some not necessary and maybe out of bounds, but the one thing I understand as being the main truth is that the tournament committee is the deciding factor on what goes on within a particular golf tournament. Argue all you want whether it should or should not be banned or allowed, but the tournament committee has the final say.

> @Mikey5e said:

> Many comments made in this thread, most are good, some not necessary and maybe out of bounds, but the one thing I understand as being the main truth is that the tournament committee is the deciding factor on what goes on within a particular golf tournament. Argue all you want whether it should or should not be banned or allowed, but the tournament committee has the final say.

There has to be some limitations on the committee's power. It would be foolish to grant the committee absolute power. Next thing you know, they'll be banning metal spikes and purple tees.

>

Yeah, I don’t agree with this at all. Legality exists if there is something illegal. Besides, humans and our societies are built on rules. Anarchism and nihilist beliefs are easy to fall prey to, especially with the terrible things happen today but with a nihilistic world, we will still end up getting a class system albeit highly different from the one we’re familiar now. It’s not about restrictions, rules are the foundations of human interactions

• Like 1