Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @bladehunter said:

> If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

• Like 1

> @davep043 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

>

> This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

>

Exactly. Exactly.

With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> >

> > > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

> >

> > This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

> >

>

> Exactly. Exactly.

>

>

> With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

>

> Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

Excellent points. At the same time, your rights end where my rights start.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > >

> > > > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

> > >

> > > This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. Exactly.

> >

> >

> > With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

> >

> > Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

>

> Excellent points. At the same time, your rights end where my rights start.

Or maybe the freedom from exposure to something ends where the freedom to do that thing starts?

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > >

> > > > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

> > >

> > > This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. Exactly.

> >

> >

> > With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

> >

> > Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

>

> Excellent points. At the same time, your rights end where my rights start.

Sure In a way. But I think that’s fence post to fence post true. As in at your home. I just don’t agree in public. We are all supposed to at least attempt to coexist minus stepping on each other’s toes. Expecting a clean commute , ballgame or golf round is not a lot to ask. And I’m not even talking about sloppy or second hand smoke etc. it’s just that people who are high or drunk always think they are hiding it well. And to someone who’s been around it a lot , let me tell you. You are never hidden. We just don’t say anything. Same for pills too. Impaired an inch is more than I want to deal with.

But it’s funny how it always comes back around to the “ I don’t want to just enjoy on my time. I want you to have to see me do it too “. Lines are drawn for all sorts of things on that same line of thinking. Pot shouldn’t be any exception.

I realize we absolutely disagree. But appreciate that you tolerate me having my opinion . Its just a deep distrust of anybody using. That’s the root issue.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Dpavs said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > >

> > > > > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

> > > >

> > > > This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. Exactly.

> > >

> > >

> > > With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

> > >

> > > Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

> >

> > Excellent points. At the same time, your rights end where my rights start.

>

> Or maybe the freedom from exposure to something ends where the freedom to do that thing starts?

Yep. Bottom line is that you could legalize pot nationally for personal use and keep it illegal to sell in public ( not private ) , ingest or smoke in public and most would not be satisfied. They want it to be shoved into everyone’s faces and liked.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Dpavs said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

> > > > >

> > > > > This reminds me of the rule for music. Background music is acceptable, music for the purpose of assisting tempo or blocking out distractions is not acceptable. The difficulty with rules like this is that the legality of the action depends not on the action itself but on the intent of the player. Its much clearer when the action is either OK or not OK. That's why a local rule banning all use of music is appropriate at times, that's why a Committee policy banning use of MJ is also a reasonable option.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Exactly. Exactly.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > With pot or alcohol. I truly don’t care what someone does in their home on their time. It’s when it makes it to me that I’m not down. Same for cigarettes, dip , cigars etc.

> > > >

> > > > Personal freedom is awesome. I’m all for it. On your dime. On your time. In your yard. Keep it at home.

> > >

> > > Excellent points. At the same time, your rights end where my rights start.

> >

> > Or maybe the freedom from exposure to something ends where the freedom to do that thing starts?

>

> Yep. Bottom line is that you could legalize pot nationally for personal use and keep it illegal to sell in public ( not private ) , ingest or smoke in public and most would not be satisfied. They want it to be shoved into everyone’s faces and liked.

There may be some zealots like that, but a majority of recreational users are not at all like that. But even then, I can understand (to an extent) the zealots point. If it's legal, then why can't it be used like any other legal substance like tobacco, alcohol, etc? It's either legal or it's not, so restricting it's use in public doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The same goes for Golf. If it does get legalized at a national level one day, it should be treated the same as tobacco. If professional players can chew (or smoke) during a round, I don't see why some players couldnt be afforded the same ability to smoke/ingest THC during a round

>

It's either legal or it's not, so restricting it's use in public doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

>

Restricting its use in public doesn't make sense to you? Similar to Tobacco but exponentially more so, I don't want to inhale secondary smoke! I don't want to have THC coursing its way through my body because of someone else who wants to.

> @Mikey5e said:

> >

> It's either legal or it's not, so restricting it's use in public doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

> >

>

> Restricting its use in public doesn't make sense to you? Similar to Tobacco but exponentially more so, I don't want to inhale secondary smoke! I don't want to have THC coursing its way through my body because of someone else who wants to.

The good thing is if you happen to catch a whiff on a golf course out in the open, you won’t have anything coursing it’s way through your body. So, win win. You get to live your life and so does everyone else

>

>

> I realize we absolutely disagree. But appreciate that you tolerate me having my opinion . Its just a deep distrust of anybody using. That’s the root issue.

The issue is your personal distrust over ANYBODY using, which sounds so so so similar to a prejudice or something.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @fore_life said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> >

> > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

>

>

>

> Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

>

> One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

>

>

>

>

I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

It isn't archaic, it is just business.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > >

> > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> >

> >

> >

> > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> >

> > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

>

> It isn't archaic, it is just business.

>

>

Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > >

> > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > >

> > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> >

> > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> >

> >

>

> Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

>

> What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

>

>

>

>

We don't have to do anything.

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > >

> > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > >

> > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > >

> > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> >

> > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> We don't have to do anything.

I understand you don't but if membership is of concern do you think it's wise to go after older members or younger members for revenue? If it's younger than you might lose a lot of prospective members by saying it can't be used on the course. My club is having this discussion right now even though a quarter of the membership uses cannabis on course already.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > >

> > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > >

> > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > >

> > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We don't have to do anything.

>

> I understand you don't but if membership is of concern do you think it's wise to go after older members or younger members for revenue? If it's younger than you might lose a lot of prospective members by saying it can't be used on the course. My club is having this discussion right now even though a quarter of the membership uses cannabis on course already.

Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> @J13 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > >

> > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > >

> > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We don't have to do anything.

>

> I understand you don't but if membership is of concern do you think it's wise to go after older members or younger members for revenue? If it's younger than you might lose a lot of prospective members by saying it can't be used on the course. My club is having this discussion right now even though a quarter of the membership uses cannabis on course already.

Yeah, that might have sounded snarky, and I didn't mean it to. Yours is a valid conversation point, although I think we are veering from the OP, and that is likely my fault. I think it is just social dynamics being the difference between where you are and where I am. We have an ancient local population. I think Maine is the oldest State population in the country by percentage. The 20-30 year olds don't want to be here (let alone this part of Maine), and I can hardly blame them because there aren't any jobs. While, yes, you want to recruit that age bracket literally almost everywhere else on the planet, it doesn't work for us because those folks aren't a stable population where we are (go figure).

Bringing it back around to competition - there is already talk of this in Maine high school athletics (like golf events) because while it may at some point be "legal" for recreational use (by State definition anyway, if not Fed) it would still mean putting kids out to play at courses where it could be allowed, but not endorsed by state high school sports authorities. We (I say, because...high school principal) already have language crafted in Maine that marijuana, vape, tobacco products, etc., can't be carried on school grounds by any individual at school events, like soccer fields, baseball fields, etc. Neither can you smoke in your car parked anywhere on schools grounds. There is another bill coming that could mean it is a crime to do any of these things. How that affects golf courses is unclear. Schools aren't going to budge on exposure issues anymore than courses are going to budge on policy. So, yes, one little point of contention among other considerations, so we will see what happens.

edit: The key point to the latter paragraph being the some courses in Maine don't want to lose the high school tournament event revenue and the sports authority will reprimand the school for hosting an event at a course that permits marijuana use.

Titleist ProV1x

> @Mikey5e said:

>

> Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> @J13 said:

>

> Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

>

> What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

>

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > >

> > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> >

> >

> >

> > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> >

> > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

>

> It isn't archaic, it is just business.

>

>

I agree with everything there, but "smoking the first cut" is pure gold.

• Like 1

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> >

> It's either legal or it's not, so restricting it's use in public doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

> >

>

> Restricting its use in public doesn't make sense to you? Similar to Tobacco but exponentially more so, I don't want to inhale secondary smoke! I don't want to have THC coursing its way through my body because of someone else who wants to.

A whiff from a cigarette smoker is no different (which I personally hate, I think it smells far far worse than a whiff from a joint). I'm saying if there are designated places to smoke/drink in public arenas, if THC is legal at a national level, it should be treated in the same way. You can't light a cigarette anywhere you want, but at the same time you don't need to confine yourself to your home to smoke them either. There are also smokeless forms of both as well.

> @Vindog said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > >

> > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > >

> > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> >

> >

> >

>

> I agree with everything there, but "smoking the first cut" is pure gold.

I almost followed up by saying "we have the best grass in Maine, but we measure by the yard."

Titleist ProV1x

> @J13 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

>

Where exactly is that study published?

> @Krt22 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > >

> > > > Dude.

> > > >

> > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > >

> > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > >

> > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > >

> > >

> > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > >

> > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> >

> > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> >

> >

> > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> >

> > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> >

> > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> >

> > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

>

> There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > >

> > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > >

> > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > >

> > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> >

>

> Where exactly is that study published?

>

Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dude.

> > > > >

> > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > >

> > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > >

> > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > >

> > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > >

> > >

> > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > >

> > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > >

> > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > >

> > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> >

> > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

>

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > >

> >

> > Where exactly is that study published?

> >

>

> Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

>

> https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

>

> https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > >

> > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > >

> > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > >

> > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > >

> > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> >

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > >

> > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > >

> >

> > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> >

> > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> >

> > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

>

> Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

>

> But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

>

> Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> Wow. Close to 400 posts about drugs. Is this in any way related to golf..?

Yep. The performance enhancing properties of pot related to heart rate , anxiety , and over> @fore_life said:

>

> .

> >

> >

> > I realize we absolutely disagree. But appreciate that you tolerate me having my opinion . Its just a deep distrust of anybody using. That’s the root issue.

>

>

>

> The issue is your personal distrust over ANYBODY using, which sounds so so so similar to a prejudice or something.

I think the word you’re searching for is honesty.

We both agree that it’s a mind altering substance. YEs ? So my saying that I have a distrust of anyone in an altered state is simple honesty. No prejudice to be had or seen. Altering your mood / mind or whatever is not equivalent to race or creed , nationality , hair color , religious affiliation , GPA , favorite nfl team , or car brand. no matter how much you want it to be.

Prejudice is defined as an opinion not based on reason or experience.

As we’ve already covered. I’ve experienced more altered minds than I care to recall. My opinion is based solidly on that. So no prejudice at all.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> >

> > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

>

> He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

>

> > @J13 said:

> >

> > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> >

> > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> >

I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > >

> > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> >

> > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> >

> > > @J13 said:

> > >

> > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > >

> > >

>

> I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

>

>

Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Mikey5e said:

> >

> >

>

Why exponentially so? > @Philomathesq said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > >

> > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > >

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > >

> > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > >

> > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > >

> >

> > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> >

> >

>

> Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

>

> I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

I didn't interrupt his statement as meaning the parents smoked at the party. I thought he meant the parents at the party smoked recreationally. Just like drinking, when the kids aren't around. Hopefully that is the case.

And pot isn't as illicit as it used to be.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > >

> > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > >

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > >

> > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > >

> > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > >

> >

> > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> >

> >

>

> Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

>

> I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

If you want a real mind bender, I know parents who not only smoke, but smoke with their (teenage) kids. The reality is the stigma around pot is very much a cultural thing (which in our case was largely due to politically and/or religiously motivated propaganda), and in certain cultures/communities the stigma just isn't there anymore (or never was). There are plenty of functional, responsible, successful adults who started smoking pot in the 70s and essentially never stopped.