> @lawsonman said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > >

> > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > >

> > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > >

> > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > >

> > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > >

> > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> >

> > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> >

> > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> >

> > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

>

> Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

> @Krt22 said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > >

> > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > >

> > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > >

> > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > >

> > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > >

> > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > >

> > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> >

> > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

>

> Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

I only tell you what people involved with drug users in my country have told me. Sure, most pot smokers just stay there but simply too many want to try something 'bigger'. Just like with alcohol, some people want to try it with various medicines. Both paths lead to destruction, and believe me, I have seen it in my work...

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > > >

> > > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > > >

> > > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > > >

> > > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> > >

> > > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

> >

> > Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

>

> I only know what people involved with drug users in my country have told me. Sure, most pot smokers just stay there but simply too many want to try something 'bigger'. Just like with alcohol, some people want to try it with various medicines. Both paths lead to destruction, and believe me, I have seen it in my work...

That is because you are talking to people already involved with other heavy drugs. The reality is those folks were likely already predisposed to go down that route either way , so a drug addict telling you it was pot's fault unfortunately does make it scientific fact. Do most heavy drug users also use pot? Yes Do most pot users also use heavy drugs? No. There is a difference between causation and (weak) correlation.

That comment was pulled straight from the CDC's website, if there was clear scientific evidence linking the two, don't you think the CDC would say so?

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > > >

> > > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > > >

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > >

> > > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > > >

> > >

> > > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

> >

> > I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

>

> If you want a real mind bender, I know parents who not only smoke, but smoke with their (teenage) kids. The reality is the stigma around pot is very much a cultural thing (which in our case was largely due to politically and/or religiously motivated propaganda), and in certain cultures/communities the stigma just isn't there anymore (or never was). There are plenty of functional, responsible, successful adults who started smoking pot in the 70s and essentially never stopped.

Maybe that is what he meant, but based on the two comments below, it seemed to me that the parents were using at the parties.

> @J13 said:

> I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.

> @J13 said:

> And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Krt22 said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > >

> > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > >

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > >

> > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > >

> > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > >

> > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > >

> > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > >

> > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> >

> > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

>

> Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

Exactly Of course it isn't a gateway drug. Actually tobbaco and alcohol have far stronger linkage.

Of course the question lingering without answer, in states where M is legal, why should clubs/tournaments treat it any differently than alcohol or tobacco? There really isn't a good answer except for tradition and negative connotations based on false stereotypes.

• Like 1

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > >

> > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > >

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > >

> > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > >

> > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > >

> >

> > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> >

> >

>

> Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

>

> I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

I agree with this. I’ve not seen it in use in 10-12 years. Not since I stopped associating with most of my family members. And I sit on those same committees , PTAs 11 year olds 3 sports , might run for school board next time. Etc. 70% of parents users ? Not even in our poorest school district.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > > >

> > > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > > >

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > >

> > > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > > >

> > >

> > > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

> >

> > I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

>

> If you want a real mind bender, I know parents who not only smoke, but smoke with their (teenage) kids. The reality is the stigma around pot is very much a cultural thing (which in our case was largely due to politically and/or religiously motivated propaganda), and in certain cultures/communities the stigma just isn't there anymore (or never was). There are plenty of functional, responsible, successful adults who started smoking pot in the 70s and essentially never stopped.

Lol. It’s not funny but. My dad smoked pot with my brothers. That led to crack, which he also smoked ( for real crack , which nobody uses anymore ). And one brother finally to heroin. Just a matter of time before he catches a bad batch laced with fentanyl and I have to burry him. Lord knows none of the others will. Sad but it’s real. No way to convince me that behavior isn’t wrong , irresponsible, Backwards etc. oh and I left out the part about me adopting his son. ( my 11 year old ).

It’s just not a game to be played. Period. Like saying wrestling alligators is good for you. Sure the adrenal release could be addicting. But you’ll end up lunch eventually. And if you don’t ? So what. Wouldn’t the time and money be better spent on positive things with your kids ? Things that prepare them for real life. Not this anemic bandaid culture to hide behind.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ok. What’s the golfwrx post that keeps popping up. I’m on mobile and it says nothing. Am I missing something ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Ok. What’s the golfwrx post that keeps popping up. I’m on mobile and it says nothing. Am I missing something ?

Ads. GolfWRX has not sunken to the level of embedding ads within posts by "GolfWRX." I've noticed that on mobile, many of the ads don't load, so you just see a blank box or a black square. On the desktop version, though, you get to see the ads. In this respect, mobile is better... but seeing a "GolfWRX" post every four or five posts is pure BS regardless of which method you use to access the site.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

Ok. What’s the golfwrx post that keeps popping up. I’m on mobile and it says nothing. Am I missing something ? > @Philomathesq said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Ok. What’s the golfwrx post that keeps popping up. I’m on mobile and it says nothing. Am I missing something ?

>

> Ads. GolfWRX has not sunken to the level of embedding ads within posts by "GolfWRX." I've noticed that on mobile, many of the ads don't load, so you just see a blank box or a black square. On the desktop version, though, you get to see the ads. In this respect, mobile is better... but seeing a "GolfWRX" post every four or five posts is pure BS regardless of which method you use to access the site.

Gotcha. I just wondered what it was. I agree that’s nonsense.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Oldboy said:

> Just out of curiosity where does everyone reside? It might be as simple as whether its legal in your state or not.

South Carolina. More outlaws per capita than anywhere. And it’s dead nuts illegal here.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Oldboy said:

> Just out of curiosity where does everyone reside? It might be as simple as whether its legal in your state or not.

I've lived in 8 different states and 4 different countries, including places where weed is a way of life (CO) and places where it is illegal, like where I currently live in TX.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > > > >

> > > > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > > > >

> > > > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > > > >

> > > > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> > > >

> > > > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

> > >

> > > Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

> >

> > I only know what people involved with drug users in my country have told me. Sure, most pot smokers just stay there but simply too many want to try something 'bigger'. Just like with alcohol, some people want to try it with various medicines. Both paths lead to destruction, and believe me, I have seen it in my work...

>

>

> That is because you are talking to people already involved with other heavy drugs. The reality is those folks were likely already predisposed to go down that route either way , so a drug addict telling you it was pot's fault unfortunately does make it scientific fact. Do most heavy drug users also use pot? Yes Do most pot users also use heavy drugs? No. There is a difference between causation and (weak) correlation.

>

> That comment was pulled straight from the CDC's website, if there was clear scientific evidence linking the two, don't you think the CDC would say so?

The message here is that just too many users of heavy drugs started with pot. That is all. In my country marijuana is illegal and I sure hope it will stay that way.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

> > > >

> > > > Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

> > >

> > > I only know what people involved with drug users in my country have told me. Sure, most pot smokers just stay there but simply too many want to try something 'bigger'. Just like with alcohol, some people want to try it with various medicines. Both paths lead to destruction, and believe me, I have seen it in my work...

> >

> >

> > That is because you are talking to people already involved with other heavy drugs. The reality is those folks were likely already predisposed to go down that route either way , so a drug addict telling you it was pot's fault unfortunately does make it scientific fact. Do most heavy drug users also use pot? Yes Do most pot users also use heavy drugs? No. There is a difference between causation and (weak) correlation.

> >

> > That comment was pulled straight from the CDC's website, if there was clear scientific evidence linking the two, don't you think the CDC would say so?

>

> The message here is that just too many users of heavy drugs started with pot. That is all. In my country marijuana is illegal and I sure hope it will stay that way.

They all started with milk then went on to tobacco and/or alcohol.

The misconceptions and buy in to the gateway myth is just that, a myth. The buy in by some here that M users are some deviant druggies is a myth. I associate and travel with a variety of 50somethings (guys weekends etc) and at least 60% smoke a little weed periodically. All are successful, good careers, some very senior execs in fortune 500 companies, businesses owners, highly skilled professionals with stable families, good parents, reliable and dependable.

Have yet to see negative impacts on anyone's life due to M, but can't say the same thing for the all to frequent occurrence of alcohol use (not talking about the guys I mention above either).

For every anecdotal story made about a hardcore substance abuser that “used marijuana as a gateway drug”. I can counter with stories of highly successful professionals who smoke some pot and live happy productive family lives. An addict is an addict from the get go. Likely Alcohol tobacco to start with family issues already in place. Smoking pot didn’t push that person into addiction any more than his first bud light or newport did

• Like 3

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> The misconceptions and buy in to the gateway myth is just that, a myth. The buy in by some here that M users are some deviant druggies is a myth. I associate and travel with a variety of 50somethings (guys weekends etc) and at least 60% smoke a little weed periodically. **All are successful, good careers, some very senior execs in fortune 500 companies, businesses owners,** highly skilled professionals with stable families, good parents, reliable and dependable.

>

> Have yet to see negative impacts on anyone's life due to M, but can't say the same thing for the all to frequent occurrence of alcohol use (not talking about the guys I mention above either).

I wonder how many of these executives work for or own companies with internal policies that have pre-hire and/or random drug testing, companies who will not tolerate MJ use by the employees. Its another interesting disconnect.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Dude.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Where exactly is that study published?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Probably personal and observed experience but here's 2

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Personal and observed experience is often worth very little as people act in a huge variety of ambients. Also, referring to 1st of those articles, dose is everything. Taking 1-2 beers a day or one joint a day is probably what we should compare, but while alcohol and its metabolites are water-soluble they tend to disappear from human body much faster than marijuana which is not only fat-soluble but also accumulates in the human body due to its low rate of metabolizing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But ultimately I believe a moderate use is not too harmful but both substances may make a person addicted and that may lead to severe health issues as an addict will not settle for mere pot for a long time but they will turn to harder stuff. And unlike health studies of marijuana this phenomenon is unfortunately well described and known.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Personally I am in no favour of use of marijuana or any kind of drug, on or off a golf course.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not meant to be a attack on you Mr. Bean but the idea that pot is a gateway drug is the biggest pile of crap ever pushed on the public.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep, largely pure propaganda. From the CDC's website "The majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” substances."

> > > >

> > > > I only know what people involved with drug users in my country have told me. Sure, most pot smokers just stay there but simply too many want to try something 'bigger'. Just like with alcohol, some people want to try it with various medicines. Both paths lead to destruction, and believe me, I have seen it in my work...

> > >

> > >

> > > That is because you are talking to people already involved with other heavy drugs. The reality is those folks were likely already predisposed to go down that route either way , so a drug addict telling you it was pot's fault unfortunately does make it scientific fact. Do most heavy drug users also use pot? Yes Do most pot users also use heavy drugs? No. There is a difference between causation and (weak) correlation.

> > >

> > > That comment was pulled straight from the CDC's website, if there was clear scientific evidence linking the two, don't you think the CDC would say so?

> >

> > The message here is that just too many users of heavy drugs started with pot. That is all. In my country marijuana is illegal and I sure hope it will stay that way.

>

> They all started with milk then went on to tobacco and/or alcohol.

>

> The misconceptions and buy in to the gateway myth is just that, a myth. The buy in by some here that M users are some deviant druggies is a myth. I associate and travel with a variety of 50somethings (guys weekends etc) and at least 60% smoke a little weed periodically. All are successful, good careers, some very senior execs in fortune 500 companies, businesses owners, highly skilled professionals with stable families, good parents, reliable and dependable.

>

> Have yet to see negative impacts on anyone's life due to M, but can't say the same thing for the all to frequent occurrence of alcohol use (not talking about the guys I mention above either).

Technically for the drug itself , probably true.

But. It’s the mindset and attitude that is the cancer.

As in. A parent who smokes up wut their teen , can’t possibly expect them not to be users going forward. Maybe they just use pot ? Or maybe the door is open and the stigma is lifted and they try more and more.

My point ? Acting as if it’s all ok and no harm is done if other folks are in contact is the issue.

I’d love to give you a tour of the negative impacts of M .... there is a whole culture behind where it comes from. And these aren’t places and people you want to drop your kids off at to play for the day. Equating it to milk is really sad commentary. One that I know you know better than.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Oldboy said:

> For every anecdotal story made about a hardcore substance abuser that “used marijuana as a gateway drug”. I can counter with stories of highly successful professionals who smoke some pot and live happy productive family lives. An addict is an addict from the get go. Likely Alcohol tobacco to start with family issues already in place. Smoking pot didn’t push that person into addiction any more than his first bud light or newport did

And for every anecdotal story about a successful professional that habitually uses pot, I can spot you a story of someone who uses pot and is a total mess. The fact that _some_ people can responsibly use marijuana without any noticeable ill effects does not make it safe.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Oldboy said:

> > Just out of curiosity where does everyone reside? It might be as simple as whether its legal in your state or not.

>

> I've lived in 8 different states and 4 different countries, including places where weed is a way of life (CO) and places where it is illegal, like where I currently live in TX.

We must live in very different parts of Texas if you have not seen anyone smoke weed since 1999. I live just outside of Houston, and I see it all the time (and Texas will probably be the last state in the union where it becomes legal).

> @Oldboy said:

> For every anecdotal story made about a hardcore substance abuser that “used marijuana as a gateway drug”. I can counter with stories of highly successful professionals who smoke some pot and live happy productive family lives. An addict is an addict from the get go. Likely Alcohol tobacco to start with family issues already in place. Smoking pot didn’t push that person into addiction any more than his first bud light or newport did

No. But that particular “ Everything is cool, I can do what I want “ attitude did. The issue is that everyone wants validation for the things they do. That’s the nicest way I can put that. If it’s legalized , it’s validates the habit. And they then don’t need to feel the guilt and defend it.

If as much money was put into youth saving as is to legalizing dope , the world would be a better place in 20 years. The cycle could be broken.

M

And a side note. Define “ successful and productive “. I bet we differ on that definition as well.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @J13 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > @fore_life said:

> > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

> > > > >

> > > > > One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think calling it "prejudice" is overly dramatic. Discussions of it at my club are phrased around attracting and keeping members, which contributes to our bottom line. Maine is an old state in terms of population. Smoking weed is perceived differently depending on your vintage. We lose $$ if we don't keep enough people around - often meaning old folks who don't want to see that stuff freely used around the club. On the polar opposite end of the recruiting effort, we have the junior golf program. One of our kids made it down to Augusta National last year for the Drive, Chip, and Putt event. All the mommies and daddies aren't sending small children out our way for the junior program when there are adults driving around the course smoking the first cut. Lastly, we shore up the operating budget with a lot of corporate events that involve local and regional businesses. Those folks aren't going to keep coming to us with people lighting up on the front deck, for example. Again, we lose money.

> > > >

> > > > It isn't archaic, it is just business.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally. It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > >

> > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We don't have to do anything.

>

> I understand you don't but if membership is of concern do you think it's wise to go after older members or younger members for revenue? If it's younger than you might lose a lot of prospective members by saying it can't be used on the course. My club is having this discussion right now even though a quarter of the membership uses cannabis on course already.

Having been chairman of membership part of the leadership's duty is to meet with other private club membership committees to discuss common issues and solutions. Most clubs nationally have looked at which population segments benefit private clubs. Yes, youth is the future but it's the youth of members are the priority, not MJ or even Hookah users. Though the user segment wants to believe otherwise, the population majority of most age groups are not users.

As a CEO and BOD member, I am acquainted with a lot of people not only in the corporate world but HR, at two private clubs and LE. Drug user topic has been discussed extensively. To see a clearer picture look at the voting polls. Note the numbers of supporters that voted for legalization versus the number that voted, and registered voters that didn't vote at all.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @bladehunter said:

> Technically for the drug itself , probably true.

>

> **But. It’s the mindset and attitude that is the cancer.**

>

> As in. A parent who smokes up wut their teen , can’t possibly expect them not to be users going forward. Maybe they just use pot ? Or maybe the door is open and the stigma is lifted and they try more and more.

>

> My point ? Acting as if it’s all ok and no harm is done if other folks are in contact is the issue.

>

> I’d love to give you a tour of the negative impacts of M .... there is a whole culture behind where it comes from. And these aren’t places and people you want to drop your kids off at to play for the day. Equating it to milk is really sad commentary. One that I know you know better than.

This, 1,000%. The fact that someone is willing to frequently and knowingly break the law is the problem. People may argue that marijuana being illegal is ridiculous and arbitrary in light of alcohol and tobacco being legal. Assuming, arguendo, that argument is reasonable, it doesn't justify breaking the law. One cannot just break the law because they disagree with it. If you think I'm wrong, try driving 100mph on the freeway and explaining to the officer that you were speeding because you don't like the posted speed limit.

• Like 1

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @Oldboy said:

> > > Just out of curiosity where does everyone reside? It might be as simple as whether its legal in your state or not.

> >

> > I've lived in 8 different states and 4 different countries, including places where weed is a way of life (CO) and places where it is illegal, like where I currently live in TX.

>

> We must live in very different parts of Texas if you have not seen anyone smoke weed since 1999. I live just outside of Houston, and I see it all the time (and Texas will probably be the last state in the union where it becomes legal).

I live in Fulshear, which I'm sure you know could be defined as "just outside of Houston," though my morning commute into Downtown would beg to differ with the definition of "just outside." I mean no disrespect, but where, exactly, are you going that see people smoking weed all the time? I work in Downtown and routinely walk around Downtown at lunch time and anytime I go to a Rockets or Astros game, and I've never once seen anyone smoking weed in public. I don't see it when I go to the Galleria to shop, I don't see it at any local food markets or at any of the public parks I frequent with my dog and family. I don't see it at my private club, and I don't see it at the houses of any of my friends.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quarter of the membership? How do you know that many?

> > > > >

> > > > > He just does. Just like he knows that 70% of the adults with kids he knows smoke weed. :neutral:

> > > > >

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cannabis will be everywhere within 12 months in Maine and trust me when i say most of those parents dropping off little johnny at the course will be smoking cannabis and drinking less alcohol. I live in a very nice community, well to do people, and **I haven't been to a kids birthday party this year where at least 70% of the parents (people in their 30's) didn't smoke cannabis recreationally.** It is EVERYWHERE now because people realize it has a much lower impact on the body compared to alcohol and you can actually be productive while using it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What do you think your club will do when it's legal for rec use in Maine next year?

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I sit on multiple committees of the club so it's part of the job description to know my members. And my reference to other adults at parties, I see them use it and actually socialize with people at a party. Socializing at parties with 30 people is shocking and weird to you?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Look, I don't know you and couldn't pick you out of a line up if I had to. So, please do not take offense to my comments. But, you and I must live _very_ different realities, because I do find your comments shocking. The last time I saw anyone doing drugs (happened to be marijuana) at a party was in August of 1999. I remember it so vividly because it was the _only_ time I've ever seen anyone use illicit drugs at a party. Moreover, the first of your posts mentioned something about 70% of parents you've seen at birthday parties for kids smoking marijuana. To me, that is unbelievable... I literally can't imagine a reality in which parents are smoking weed at a kids birthday party so openly that others can see. So, yes, that is very shocking to me.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying it never happened, but it is so far removed from any reality that I've ever known as to be unbelievable and shocking to me, based on my life experiences.

> >

> > If you want a real mind bender, I know parents who not only smoke, but smoke with their (teenage) kids. The reality is the stigma around pot is very much a cultural thing (which in our case was largely due to politically and/or religiously motivated propaganda), and in certain cultures/communities the stigma just isn't there anymore (or never was). There are plenty of functional, responsible, successful adults who started smoking pot in the 70s and essentially never stopped.

>

> Lol. It’s not funny but. My dad smoked pot with my brothers. That led to crack, which he also smoked ( for real crack , which nobody uses anymore ). And one brother finally to heroin. Just a matter of time before he catches a bad batch laced with fentanyl and I have to burry him. Lord knows none of the others will. Sad but it’s real. No way to convince me that behavior isn’t wrong , irresponsible, Backwards etc. oh and I left out the part about me adopting his son. ( my 11 year old ).

>

> It’s just not a game to be played. Period. Like saying wrestling alligators is good for you. Sure the adrenal release could be addicting. But you’ll end up lunch eventually. And if you don’t ? So what. Wouldn’t the time and money be better spent on positive things with your kids ? Things that prepare them for real life. Not this anemic bandaid culture to hide behind.

Again, a cultural/social difference. One can call it a band-aid, another can call it a purely recreational substance that is no more or less harmful than the other legal varieties when used in a responsible manner. For every person that started with pot and then graduated to other drugs, there are 10 who smoked pot and never went on to do anything more than that. Again, it's a causation vs correlation relationship. There are those who are less risk adverse, and thus open to try just about anything and there are those who can see there is a clear cut difference between consuming THC and consuming other much harder/addictive narcotics. Naysayers will stick to what has been pounded into their minds for decades, but they are in fact two very distinct groups. And don't get me wrong, the oppioid epidemic is devastating and I am thankful it has yet to touch anyone in my social circle (and my sincerest condolences it has touched yours), but jumping from smoking pot to smoking/injecting oppioids is much more of a social/psychological phenomenon than a physical/scientific one.

With that being said, I can 100% understand why some folks choose to abstain completely, it's one thing to abstain, it's another to say it should be illegal for everyone else. The same goes for alcohol (except alcohol is in fact far more destructive), there are those who can truly drink socially/responsibly and there are those who cannot. Some eventually end up having to completely abstain to prevent drinking themselves to an early grave(and some abstain from the get go if they grew up seeing it's destruction), yet alcohol is 100% legal and ultimately it's use is left to the individual. The use case is identical, why alcohol and THC are treated differently just isn't logical IMO

> @Oldboy said:

> oregon is about to legalise shrooms ... people's heads are gonna explode here

Boy I’d like to microdose some of these fellas haha

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Technically for the drug itself , probably true.

> >

> > **But. It’s the mindset and attitude that is the cancer.**

> >

> > As in. A parent who smokes up wut their teen , can’t possibly expect them not to be users going forward. Maybe they just use pot ? Or maybe the door is open and the stigma is lifted and they try more and more.

> >

> > My point ? Acting as if it’s all ok and no harm is done if other folks are in contact is the issue.

> >

> > I’d love to give you a tour of the negative impacts of M .... there is a whole culture behind where it comes from. And these aren’t places and people you want to drop your kids off at to play for the day. Equating it to milk is really sad commentary. One that I know you know better than.

>

>

> This, 1,000%. The fact that someone is willing to frequently and knowingly break the law is the problem. People may argue that marijuana being illegal is ridiculous and arbitrary in light of alcohol and tobacco being legal. Assuming, arguendo, that argument is reasonable, it doesn't justify breaking the law. One cannot just break the law because they disagree with it. If you think I'm wrong, try driving 100mph on the freeway and explaining to the officer that you were speeding because you don't like the posted speed limit.

The legality question is honestly an interesting one. It is legal for many to consume/buy within their states, the feds obviously don't care otherwise they would be shutting down dispensaries/grow ops, the fact it stays off the agenda at the federal level is obviously more politics than logic based. But "the law is the law" argument is interesting. Laws are made by politicians, politicians are not perfect (more evident today than ever), and what becomes law isn't always based on what is right/just, but instead based on who/what swayed the politicians in power at the time. The reality is there are plenty of laws (past and present) that are absolutely absurd. Just over 50 years ago it would have been illegal for my parents to marry each other. At the time I'm sure many bigots were out-raged that the supreme court had to rule on it, but today most would think it's outrageous such laws ever existed in the first place. As time goes on, society changes, as do the laws. Don't get me started on rainwater collection or plastic straws lol.

I do want to commend everyone in this tread, it's obviously a polarizing topic, and has yet to get out of hand or needed moderator intervention. Kudos all around for being able to discuss it openly while obviously having very different backgrounds/opinions

A lot of truths and many falsehoods beings posted imo. Can pot use lead to harder drugs? Certainly. Just as beer consumption can lead to higher alcohol content liquor.

For some users they seek the high. Those are more likely to “graduate” to harder drugs. Other users use mj like a good scotch. Not all liquor drinkers are drunks or even get drunk. Some pot users use a hit or two the same as a liquor drinker imbibing in a couple fingers of scotch. “Takes the edge off” without being high or inebriated.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar