Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @cxx said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:>

> > > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

> >

> > But the point is that marijuana isn't the only drug that "calms the nerves and relieves pressure". So why outlaw MJ but not all the others?

>

> WADA has a long list of prohibited drugs that "calm the nerves and relieve pressure". Take a look at the list of beta blockers. They were abused by golfers in the early days and are now prohibited for golf and other precision sports, like shooting and archery.

>

> **The PGA tour has an alcohol policy that restricts its use**. Most of the bases are covered.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @RickK said:

> > > I have read (took me a while) this entire thread. Here is my takeaway from it as far as the OP's original question.

> > > • According to USGA, tournament committees have the right/authority to develop their own anti-doping policy.

> > > • USGA sanctioned events and PGA sanctioned events forbid the use of M per their anti-doping policy.

> > > • If the organizer of a tournament does not have such a policy...there is no reason I can see that you can't do M if you so choose.

> > > Does this sound about right?

> > > I am staying out of the legal (state or fed) discussion. as it does not impact me in any manner.

> > > Now, I have question….

> > > I see nothing in the USGA about playing under the influence of alcohol. Is there something? Speaking specifically about USGA/PGA events. I am old enough to remember lots of pros on the PGA Tour who played hammered back in the day.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I suspect the PGA Tour and USGA would have something to say about it regardless of whether the organizer allowed it or not. Likely getting in "conduct unbecoming..." type policy territory, right along with playing while under the influence of alcohol. I doubt the media would agree to air something like pro's smoking that either, which would cut into $$.

>

>

> "conduct unbecoming..." seems it would be a poor way of dealing with the issue. I still think that unless another golfer/competitor complains about it, people are pretty much free to do what they want. There has to be rules that a particular committee adopts/presents to the golfers as they sign up for a tournament.

I say that because I haven't read all of their policies. And people are never "pretty much free to do what they want" just because no one has complained about something. I'm not putting that in quotes because I'm trying to be snarky, I'm just saying that isn't how the real world works. If someone started lighting up on the PGA Tour tomorrow, they would either be fined or suspended. The PGA is not going to feature pot smoking on tour. Maybe they have a policy already, or maybe not, but surely something must come up in the blood tests they do?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @RickK said:

> > > > I have read (took me a while) this entire thread. Here is my takeaway from it as far as the OP's original question.

> > > > • According to USGA, tournament committees have the right/authority to develop their own anti-doping policy.

> > > > • USGA sanctioned events and PGA sanctioned events forbid the use of M per their anti-doping policy.

> > > > • If the organizer of a tournament does not have such a policy...there is no reason I can see that you can't do M if you so choose.

> > > > Does this sound about right?

> > > > I am staying out of the legal (state or fed) discussion. as it does not impact me in any manner.

> > > > Now, I have question….

> > > > I see nothing in the USGA about playing under the influence of alcohol. Is there something? Speaking specifically about USGA/PGA events. I am old enough to remember lots of pros on the PGA Tour who played hammered back in the day.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I suspect the PGA Tour and USGA would have something to say about it regardless of whether the organizer allowed it or not. Likely getting in "conduct unbecoming..." type policy territory, right along with playing while under the influence of alcohol. I doubt the media would agree to air something like pro's smoking that either, which would cut into $$.

> >

> >

> > "conduct unbecoming..." seems it would be a poor way of dealing with the issue. I still think that unless another golfer/competitor complains about it, people are pretty much free to do what they want. There has to be rules that a particular committee adopts/presents to the golfers as they sign up for a tournament.

>

> I say that because I haven't read all of their policies. And people are never "pretty much free to do what they want" just because no one has complained about something. I'm not putting that in quotes because I'm trying to be snarky, I'm just saying that isn't how the real world works. If someone started lighting up on the PGA Tour tomorrow, they would either be fined or suspended. The PGA is not going to feature pot smoking on tour. Maybe they have a policy already, or maybe not, but surely something must come up in the blood tests they do?

I understand what you are saying, but aside from the professional level, I don't think the resources are available to test anybody who wants to use marijuana. I don't think Club championships or other tournaments have the resources to drug-test test people. It would take fellow golfers who witness such behavior to actually turn them in. Even if someone turned another in for smoking marijuana I'm not sure the committee's have come to any conclusion on what to do about such behavior?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > @RickK said:

> > > > > I have read (took me a while) this entire thread. Here is my takeaway from it as far as the OP's original question.

> > > > > • According to USGA, tournament committees have the right/authority to develop their own anti-doping policy.

> > > > > • USGA sanctioned events and PGA sanctioned events forbid the use of M per their anti-doping policy.

> > > > > • If the organizer of a tournament does not have such a policy...there is no reason I can see that you can't do M if you so choose.

> > > > > Does this sound about right?

> > > > > I am staying out of the legal (state or fed) discussion. as it does not impact me in any manner.

> > > > > Now, I have question….

> > > > > I see nothing in the USGA about playing under the influence of alcohol. Is there something? Speaking specifically about USGA/PGA events. I am old enough to remember lots of pros on the PGA Tour who played hammered back in the day.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I suspect the PGA Tour and USGA would have something to say about it regardless of whether the organizer allowed it or not. Likely getting in "conduct unbecoming..." type policy territory, right along with playing while under the influence of alcohol. I doubt the media would agree to air something like pro's smoking that either, which would cut into $$.

> > >

> > >

> > > "conduct unbecoming..." seems it would be a poor way of dealing with the issue. I still think that unless another golfer/competitor complains about it, people are pretty much free to do what they want. There has to be rules that a particular committee adopts/presents to the golfers as they sign up for a tournament.

> >

> > I say that because I haven't read all of their policies. And people are never "pretty much free to do what they want" just because no one has complained about something. I'm not putting that in quotes because I'm trying to be snarky, I'm just saying that isn't how the real world works. If someone started lighting up on the PGA Tour tomorrow, they would either be fined or suspended. The PGA is not going to feature pot smoking on tour. Maybe they have a policy already, or maybe not, but surely something must come up in the blood tests they do?

>

> I understand what you are saying, but aside from the professional level, I don't think the resources are available to test anybody who wants to use marijuana. I don't think Club championships or other tournaments have the resources to drug-test test people. It would take fellow golfers who witness such behavior to actually turn them in. Even if someone turned another in for smoking marijuana I'm not sure the committee's have come to any conclusion on what to do about such behavior?

I get what you are saying too. The lower and lower you go through the ranks, theoretically the harder it is to enforce as resources dwindle. I will say, though, at my club, if you get caught smoking anything other than legal tobacco, you are toast - good bye tournament and take some time off from playing too. Most of the members take issue with it because of how it is perceived (medical or otherwise), so they don't have a problem reporting it. We don't want our club to develop a reputation. And there isn't any debate about testing or excuses for possessing it. If you get reported, and you smell of it and your eyes are red, you're done. That isn't to say people don't try - one guy rolled a marble into the end of a joint and tried to pass it off as a tee. That wasn't someone medicating with marijuana, though, that was someone just trying to get high.

(Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @lwestby said:0

> >

> > > I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

> >

> > I have never played in a club tournament where alcohol wasn't acceptable. In fact the beer carts do very good business.

>

> I was talking about a real tournament. At my last two private clubs, we had carts on the course that had booze but NO ONE got drunk, least that leadership or I was aware of. I have played in what you're calling a tournament, men's club events at muni courses. Played in one a few months back. Those are not about good golf but camaraderie and bull-sh**** and sandbagging. LOL

>

> And let's be real. A few tokes of strong modern medical MJ is nothing like MJ from 1969 which I tried. Today's MJ puts most casual users into such a zone LE doesn't want them driving as it's just as bad as being drunk; daily dopers are another story. A few beers do nothing of the kind. Nobody takes one toke. Have a good day

How do you know today’s mj is more potent? Hearsay or personal use?

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Mikey5e said:

>

> >

> > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

>

>

>

> From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

> @fore_life said:

> Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> >

> > >

> > > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

> >

> >

> >

> > From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

>

> Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

Maybe you ould start a thread entitled:

"alcohol at a club event"

> @mshills said:

> This thread is a great example of some of the best aspects of this forum.

>

> Good debate and discussion with some serious differences of opinion. A couple of times I thought it was heading straight for the lock, but the personal attacks subsided and the thread is back in business.

>

> Good stuff, here.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

>

> My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

Is this really adding anything to the discussion? You claim to be some prominent attorney. I'm sure, if that's true, you could figure out the meaning of the post and address that directly without resorting to picking on the words themselves.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @mshills said:

> > This thread is a great example of some of the best aspects of this forum.

> >

> > Good debate and discussion with some serious differences of opinion. A couple of times I thought it was heading straight for the lock, but the personal attacks subsided and the thread is back in business.

> >

> > Good stuff, here.

>

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> >

> > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

>

> Is this really adding anything to the discussion? You claim to be some prominent attorney. I'm sure, if that's true, you could figure out the meaning of the post and address that directly without resorting to picking on the words themselves.

Obviously, based on many statements made in this thread in which posters indicate that drug use is a prerequisite to having any opinion on drug policy -- such as the post to which I responded -- I can't possibly have anything to add. His statements clearly imply he used, or uses, marijuana. As such, I think it is a very reasonable assumption that he was high when he typed his message, especially when, read literally, it makes no sense.

Moreover, I've come to learn over the past 15 or so years of marriage that there are many sayings I've never heard of; my wife is a southerner -- I am not -- and she says things all the time I've never heard. The most recent one was a comment she made about someone on TV wearing "clam diggers," which I had never heard of before. It's very possible that "Picking pieces" is a saying I've never heard before, which was the purpose of my inquiry.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Shilgy said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @lwestby said:0

> > >

> > > > I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

> > >

> > > I have never played in a club tournament where alcohol wasn't acceptable. In fact the beer carts do very good business.

> >

> > I was talking about a real tournament. At my last two private clubs, we had carts on the course that had booze but NO ONE got drunk, least that leadership or I was aware of. I have played in what you're calling a tournament, men's club events at muni courses. Played in one a few months back. Those are not about good golf but camaraderie and bull-sh**** and sandbagging. LOL

> >

> > And let's be real. A few tokes of strong modern medical MJ is nothing like MJ from 1969 which I tried. Today's MJ puts most casual users into such a zone LE doesn't want them driving as it's just as bad as being drunk; daily dopers are another story. A few beers do nothing of the kind. Nobody takes one toke. Have a good day

>

> How do you know today’s mj is more potent? Hearsay or personal use?

>

>

Users claimed it was herein this thread earlier. I know I read it.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @lwestby said:0

> > > >

> > > > > I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

> > > >

> > > > I have never played in a club tournament where alcohol wasn't acceptable. In fact the beer carts do very good business.

> > >

> > > I was talking about a real tournament. At my last two private clubs, we had carts on the course that had booze but NO ONE got drunk, least that leadership or I was aware of. I have played in what you're calling a tournament, men's club events at muni courses. Played in one a few months back. Those are not about good golf but camaraderie and bull-sh**** and sandbagging. LOL

> > >

> > > And let's be real. A few tokes of strong modern medical MJ is nothing like MJ from 1969 which I tried. Today's MJ puts most casual users into such a zone LE doesn't want them driving as it's just as bad as being drunk; daily dopers are another story. A few beers do nothing of the kind. Nobody takes one toke. Have a good day

> >

> > How do you know today’s mj is more potent? Hearsay or personal use?

> >

> >

>

> Users claimed it was herein this thread earlier. I know I read it.

It's not that simple. It's sort of like comparing beer to booze or wine. You know that they have differing EtOH content and you adjust your imbibing accordingly. Same with smoking mids or high quality bud. You know, or soon learn, that one toke of the high quality stuff is equivalent to half or a whole joint of mids.

Someon l> @fore_life said:

> Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

Dude.

Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

> >

> > Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

>

> Maybe you ould start a thread entitled:

> "alcohol at a club event"

Ah I see, so it's OK to let the topic wander greatly until you're asked a question you don't like. Got it!

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > @lwestby said:0

> > > > >

> > > > > > I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have never played in a club tournament where alcohol wasn't acceptable. In fact the beer carts do very good business.

> > > >

> > > > I was talking about a real tournament. At my last two private clubs, we had carts on the course that had booze but NO ONE got drunk, least that leadership or I was aware of. I have played in what you're calling a tournament, men's club events at muni courses. Played in one a few months back. Those are not about good golf but camaraderie and bull-sh**** and sandbagging. LOL

> > > >

> > > > And let's be real. A few tokes of strong modern medical MJ is nothing like MJ from 1969 which I tried. Today's MJ puts most casual users into such a zone LE doesn't want them driving as it's just as bad as being drunk; daily dopers are another story. A few beers do nothing of the kind. Nobody takes one toke. Have a good day

> > >

> > > How do you know today’s mj is more potent? Hearsay or personal use?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Users claimed it was herein this thread earlier. I know I read it.

>

> It's not that simple. It's sort of like comparing beer to booze or wine. You know that they have differing EtOH content and you adjust your imbibing accordingly. Same with smoking mids or high quality bud. You know, or soon learn, that one toke of the high quality stuff is equivalent to half or a whole joint of mids.

Right. And I get that. You adjust. So you drink 5 beers. Doesn’t mean you can take 5 shots and function the same.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

> > >

> > > Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

> >

> > Maybe you ould start a thread entitled:

> > "alcohol at a club event"

>

> Ah I see, so it's OK to let the topic wander greatly until you're asked a question you don't like. Got it!

I just don't like people comparing marijuana to painkillers alcohol and Other Drugs because it doesn't help the topic of the original post. It's always like if alcohol is okay then marijuana should be okay. If painkillers are okay marijuana should be okay. One really doesn't have to do with the other. Like I said, maybe another thread could deal with alcohol at club events?

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

>

> My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as hell and it comes off as prejudice.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @bladehunter said:

> Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

>

> Dude.

>

> Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

>

> If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

>

> As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

> > > >

> > > > Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

> > >

> > > Maybe you ould start a thread entitled:

> > > "alcohol at a club event"

> >

> > Ah I see, so it's OK to let the topic wander greatly until you're asked a question you don't like. Got it!

>

> I just don't like people comparing marijuana to painkillers alcohol and Other Drugs because it doesn't help the topic of the original post. It's always like if alcohol is okay then marijuana should be okay. If painkillers are okay marijuana should be okay. One really doesn't have to do with the other. Like I said, maybe another thread could deal with alcohol at club events?

Mikey Mikey Mikey—all threads on wax will meander a bit. You may be the creator of the thread but short of having it locked you cannot control exactly where the thread will go.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @fore_life said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> >

> > Dude.

> >

> > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> >

> > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> >

> > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

>

>

> Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

>

> I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > (Isn't it harder to play golf stoned?? I don't get why someone would try)?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > From the little I understand about it, I really think it depends on the individual. The individual I know does it for medical reasonsclaim claiming it reduces stress and relaxes the nerves.

> >

> > Again I'll ask, what about alcohol at a club event?

>

> Maybe you ould start a thread entitled:

> "alcohol at a club event"

And another one "Maalox at a club event".

> @Mikey5e said:

> I just don't like people comparing marijuana to painkillers alcohol and Other Drugs because it doesn't help the topic of the original post. It's always like if alcohol is okay then marijuana should be okay. If painkillers are okay marijuana should be okay. One really doesn't have to do with the other.

But that just illustrates the arbitrary nature of these drug rules. The ruling bodies have chosen which substances are OK and which ones are not OK using a rather arbitrary process.

> @fore_life said:

>

> Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

>

> One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

Wow. I missed that post. Clubs would lose half their membership if they kicked out everybody who consumes THC.

> @fore_life said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form **options** based on perception.

> >

> > My perception is that you were high when you typed this. Also, what does "Picking pieces" mean? Never heard that one before.

>

>

>

> Go back and read from two posts before mine, I took pieces from their quotes to form the sentence(picking pieces, as in taking parts of), if you can’t tell that opinions was the word I meant, and if you can’t blame it on your stoniness then it must be plain stupidity:)

>

> One guy says he has little understanding of any of it and yet he then fires off an opinion, and the next guy talks about the perception of weed, medical or legal, and how it’ll get you kicked out of his country club just for the way it’s perceived. Am I the only one that can see the idiocy in that way of thinking? It’s archaic as **** and it comes off as prejudice.

>

>

>

>

No, sometimes it is idiotic, but that's life, that';s golf and that has been part of the subculture historically, and I absolutely believe the poster that said that about suspension. It's changing seemingly but I don't expect it to just go away any time soon. The CC still has a say, and an obligation to state clearly exactly what is allowed on their property, and during their events. Maine is a rec legal state, but you can't, nor should you be strutting around bones a' blazin'.

A bar will usher you out if you get busted outside in the smoking area smoking weed. It's their property. Their rules.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @bladehunter said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > >

> > > Dude.

> > >

> > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > >

> > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > >

> > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> >

> >

> > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> >

> > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

>

> My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

>

>

> I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

>

> I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

>

> Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

>

> I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Someon l> @fore_life said:

> > > > > Picking pieces here, but it’s rad when people with little understanding form options based on perception.

> > > >

> > > > Dude.

> > > >

> > > > Checkout your post on page 10 for some irony.

> > > >

> > > > If that gets posted by anyone else it’s flagged. Come on. You’re better than that.

> > > >

> > > > As for “ anti dopers “. I’ll raise my hand as one. And id bet anything you haven’t experienced as many moving parts of the drug game as I have. It’s incorrect to assume that to have an opinion on drugs one has to be a current or former user.

> > >

> > >

> > > Come on if you know me then you know that was loaded with sarcasm, doesn’t translate well I guess haha. It was more directed to a long running history with pepperturbo and a little meta

> > >

> > > I’m not saying you have to be a current or former user, but to equate the moving parts of the “drug game” with rec/med use is wild to me, and to lump mj into the same category as heroin/coke is even wilder.

> >

> > My apologies then. I guess I just caught it out of context and assumed it meant everyone. And I didn’t mean to literally say I “ know you “. Just in an around the way here kind of way. If that makes sense?

> >

> >

> > I guess it just depends on your environment and experiences.

> >

> > I just sat and thought about it. And I cannot name a pot smoker who doesn’t also do other drugs. Even if it’s just pills with or without a script for them.

> >

> > Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country? As in I’m well aware of business differences here vs in major metro areas. Things you can’t give away here sell well in metro areas where money flows etc. Here in the rural south people do drugs wholesale. As in they will do whatever they can get their hands on. Maybe more discerning buyers do so for occasional rec use and don’t touch anything else ? I’ve honestly never met those type people. Not in person or real life.

> >

> > I’m aware that a broad brush makes a mess. I’m just telling you where im coming from .

>

> There are plenty of folks who do just MJ and nothing else. There are plenty of highly educated and successful folks who can see there is a large difference between the plant and other narcotics, so yes this association/assumption that those who smoke are generally degenerate addicts may just be something local to you. There are also plenty of MJ users who use it on their own time and don't advertise it to the world, it's very possible you have interacted with folks who were mildly high at the time and were none the wiser. It's not any different than those you use (or abuse) alcohol in terms how much each individual consumes before appearing impaired.

I hear the logic. And I know there is some truth to the logic.

But that brings up another interesting side track of this debate. Wealth vs drugs. And I include alcohol as a drug. Think of the old 80s tv shoes like Dallas etc. everyone drinking all the time. And it was fine. Why ? They were well off. It was “ social “. Now take their money away but keep the bar tab the same. What are they now ? Drunks. That’s what. Money makes a lot of it ok in the form of being able to hide in a nice house , or pay for childcare so you can be high etc. not to mention the procurement of the drugs to begin with. You can insulate completely from it if you are smart. Like the old saying goes. Poor folks go to jail. Rich folks go to “ rehab”. Im just saying some of that “ highly functioning “ stuff is just the ability to pay someone to function for you.

I’m an attempt to steer this back to topic.

If pot has a calming property , it should not be allowed in completion. Period. It’s certainly an aide if it does. Neither should alcohol and I’d include nicotine.

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock