2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @Vindog said:

> >

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> >

> >

> > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> >

> > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> >

> > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> >

> >

>

> Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

>

> Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

>

> I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

>

> Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

LOL... Abusers will be abusers... LOL. Do you say the same thing about the guys whom drink a couple beers during comp to calm their nerves?

Maybe an unpopular thing to share (and I apologize in advance as I don't mean to sound judgmental), but I find the need for marijuana use to manage anxiety very weak. Chronic pain? Okay, fine. But, if you need a puff in order to make it through a competitive round, I could probably just as easily shake you with a few well placed words or uncomfortable mannerisms (not that I would, just saying). Why not focus on building up some resilience and self control while playing golf rather than relying on something external? Isn't that all part of competition? Or, life, for that matter?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > > >

> > > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> > >

> > > I don't drink any form of alcohol during any competition or sport and won't support drugs or alcohol used by anyone in a "competition." Fact, nobody worth their salt uses drugs to control stress; they use self-control and exercise. If someone enjoys a drink during a casual round of golf that's up to them. I grew up with an alcoholic so I won't tolerate a drunk and if someone pulls a joint out they will hear from me and if need be so will the pro shop. Marijuana or illegal drugs are not allowed on my property. I am fine with cigarettes and vaping on the patio "only." And my bar is filled with single malts for sipping only.

> >

> > I thought you used nicotine while you played?

>

> You thought??? I understand. Drop-outs are not known for critical reasoning. LOL

Is a yes you use nicotine or no you don't? > @Pepperturbo said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > > >

> > > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> > >

> > > I don't drink any form of alcohol during any competition or sport and won't support drugs or alcohol used by anyone in a "competition." Fact, nobody worth their salt uses drugs to control stress; they use self-control and exercise. If someone enjoys a drink during a casual round of golf that's up to them. I grew up with an alcoholic so I won't tolerate a drunk and if someone pulls a joint out they will hear from me and if need be so will the pro shop. Marijuana or illegal drugs are not allowed on my property. I am fine with cigarettes and vaping on the patio "only." And my bar is filled with single malts for sipping only.

> >

> > I thought you used nicotine while you played?

>

> You thought??? I understand. Drop-outs are not known for critical reasoning. LOL

For someone that is usually quite verbose, you chose to limit your words such that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you use nicotine on the course or not? I thought I read you like to puff, puff, puff on your stogie while you play.

I'm not a drop out and my critical thinking is very nice. Hence, why I question your disdain for marijuana given your admiration of tobacco.

Pepper has obviously never seen the documentary How High about two young men who ace the SAT’s, get full rides to Harvard, and then smoke copious amount of a special strain of marijuana called Ivory which helps with memory retention.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Maybe an unpopular thing to share (and I apologize in advance as I don't mean to sound judgmental), but I find the need for marijuana use to manage anxiety very weak. Chronic pain? Okay, fine. But, if you need a puff in order to make it through a competitive round, I could probably just as easily shake you with a few well placed words or uncomfortable mannerisms (not that I would, just saying). Why not focus on building up some resilience and self control while playing golf rather than relying on something external? Isn't that all part of competition? Or, life, for that matter?

Former Jets wide receiver Percy Harvin admitted he smoked marijuana before every game he played in the NFL in a video published by Bleacher Report on Wednesday. He did so to self-medicate as he combatted anxiety, he said.

“There’s not a game – there’s not a game I played that I wasn’t high,” Harvin told Bleacher Report. “And that’s what I kind of want the world to see today, is it’s not a stigma and people doing it and getting into a whole bunch of trouble. It’s just people that’s just living regular life that just got deficiencies or maybe just want to enjoy themselves. It’s a natural way to do so.”

Harvin, who was never suspended by the NFL for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, was diagnosed with anxiety during his playing days and prescribed seven different medications during that stretch, but he said marijuana was the only thing that worked.

> @Vindog said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @Vindog said:

> > >

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > >

> > >

> > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > >

> > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > >

> > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> >

> > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> >

> > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> >

> > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

>

> Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

>

> Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

>

Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

> @cxx said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @Vindog said:

> > > >

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > >

> > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > >

> > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> > >

> > > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> > >

> > > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> > >

> > > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

> >

> > Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

> >

> > Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

> >

>

> Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

I'm not aware of alcohol being prohibited by players for any club or local tournament unless the organization falls under the PGA Tour (or LPGA) tour. If alcohol not prohibited then M(provided its locally legal) there should be no discrimination against M.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @cxx said:

> > > @Vindog said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > > >

> > > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> > > >

> > > > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> > > >

> > > > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> > > >

> > > > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

> > >

> > > Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

> > >

> > > Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

>

> I'm not aware of alcohol being prohibited by players for any club or local tournament unless the organization falls under the PGA Tour (or LPGA) tour. If alcohol not prohibited then M(provided its locally legal) there should be no discrimination against M.

Most tournaments do not have the facilities to monitor drug use. one issue is that many people take all sorts of medications, so how can the usga deal with all of it?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @cxx said:

> > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

> > > >

> > > > Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

> > > >

> > > > Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

> >

> > I'm not aware of alcohol being prohibited by players for any club or local tournament unless the organization falls under the PGA Tour (or LPGA) tour. If alcohol not prohibited then M(provided its locally legal) there should be no discrimination against M.

>

> Most tournaments do not have the facilities to monitor drug use. one issue is that many people take all sorts of medications, so how can the usga deal with all of it?

My point is that if you're allowed to drink beer during a tournament, provided M is legal in your state and not prohibited from the grounds by the club, then why would M be treated any differently than booze during the tournament? It shouldn't be.

• Like 1

> @Oldboy said:

> what's the policy for nicotine? where does it sit in the spectrum of performance enhancing substances .. nicotinic receptors good .. cannabinoid receptors bad? asking for a friend

>

> so we're legalizing MJ but banning certain tobacco products .. twilight zone

I’d say it’s good to go since there’s guys do it openly on tour. You can also say neither is good for you health wise and both have vastly different effects on a person.

> @Mikey5e said:

>

> Most tournaments do not have the facilities to monitor drug use. one issue is that many people take all sorts of medications, so how can the usga deal with all of it?

**The USGA doesn't deal with it**, outside of a very small number of competitions that the USGA runs directly, and then they use rules and procedures developed by other entities. Are YOU talking about these few events, or about other events?

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @cxx said:

> > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

> > > > >

> > > > > Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

> > >

> > > I'm not aware of alcohol being prohibited by players for any club or local tournament unless the organization falls under the PGA Tour (or LPGA) tour. If alcohol not prohibited then M(provided its locally legal) there should be no discrimination against M.

> >

> > Most tournaments do not have the facilities to monitor drug use. one issue is that many people take all sorts of medications, so how can the usga deal with all of it?

>

> My point is that if you're allowed to drink beer during a tournament, provided M is legal in your state and not prohibited from the grounds by the club, then why would M be treated any differently than booze during the tournament? It shouldn't be.

I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Drug users are not trust worthy? I smoked pot from the mid 60's until about 1983. Not once did I miss work or was even late because of pot. You paint with a broad brush pepper.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @lawsonman said:

> Drug users are not trust worthy? I smoked pot from the mid 60's until about 1983. Not once did I miss work or was even late because of pot. You paint with a broad brush pepper.

Not really - you just personalized without looking at the bigger picture of users. In every segment there are exceptions but they don't make the rule. I watched a buddy become a successful VP while using MJ then quietly evolved into using other drugs that friends were unaware of, then stole money from his employer and ended in prison. I know more about the drug culture than I share here, not to mention my LE buddies. It's not a pretty population segment.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > Drug users are not trust worthy? I smoked pot from the mid 60's until about 1983. Not once did I miss work or was even late because of pot. You paint with a broad brush pepper.

>

> Not really - you just personalized without looking at the bigger picture of users. In every segment there are exceptions but they don't make the rule. I watched a buddy become a successful VP while using MJ then quietly evolved into using other drugs that friends were unaware of, then stole money from his employer and ended in prison. I know more about the drug culture than I share here, not to mention my LE buddies. It's not a pretty population segment.

I get what your saying. I never had any interest in trying anything else besides pot.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

>

> LOL... Abusers will be abusers... LOL. Do you say the same thing about the guys whom drink a couple beers during comp to calm their nerves?

How about every sandbagged with a handicap that doesn’t truly represent there game?

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @cxx said:

> > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > @Vindog said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course know what tours say. They have the administrative power to do such things. I was asking OP about other events. Nobody is about to start testing for your Club Champ. No committee is going to watchdog that type of thing closely. What they are left with is catching someone in the act, and that s IF they have a policy regarding its (prescribed) use. And I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at with the abusers comment.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Federal and State Legality has been beat up good in this thread so I''ll just leave it alone.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds like you are saying if you get away with it then it's OK. If the committee prohibits something, that should be enough. I don't imagine anyone condoning kicking you ball out of the rough if you could get away with it. Or is there a different standard?

> > > >

> > > > I'm not aware of alcohol being prohibited by players for any club or local tournament unless the organization falls under the PGA Tour (or LPGA) tour. If alcohol not prohibited then M(provided its locally legal) there should be no discrimination against M.

> > >

> > > Most tournaments do not have the facilities to monitor drug use. one issue is that many people take all sorts of medications, so how can the usga deal with all of it?

> >

> > My point is that if you're allowed to drink beer during a tournament, provided M is legal in your state and not prohibited from the grounds by the club, then why would M be treated any differently than booze during the tournament? It shouldn't be.

>

> I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

I'm not arguing theory. I've played in many member - guests and beer was always during the round. So it is these events I'm specifically referring. Most players are serious enough to consume alcohol lightly, so therefore I'm not sure why M would be treated any differently if legal in that locality? That's my point and it's not theory. It's my question.

Also If your implication is that M users are somehow less trustworthy than their non M using peers, that just doesn't reconcile with any reality I've observed.

> @"Big Ben" said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> >

> > LOL... Abusers will be abusers... LOL. Do you say the same thing about the guys whom drink a couple beers during comp to calm their nerves?

>

> How about every sandbagged with a handicap that doesn’t truly represent there game?

I think sandbagging is a serious issue, but has zero to do with the M issue. One doesn't justify the other.

> I have never played in a legit club or amateur tournament where beer or liquor are acceptable beverages during competition. Policing hasn't ever been an issue either since the game is based on player trust. I suppose that's changing and becoming a problem given drug users are not trustworthy. Last and more important, arguing theory is a waste as it has no bearing on reality. Have a good day.

I have never played in a club tournament where alcohol wasn't acceptable. In fact the beer carts do very good business.

• Like 1

> @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > Also I wish the anti dopers would be more transparent and just come out and say that they don’t like minorities

>

> You had to go there, didn't you? Pathetic.

Is it really that far off by the sweeping generalizations made by some of the posters in here?

Listen, the valedictorian from my school got a full ride to Brown and that guy smoked TONS. There’s a psychological aspect to addiction too and I bet if you looked at the childhood or lives in general of the people who moved on to harder drugs, then that would play a large role in moving to harder drugs.

You can’t walk a mile in someone else’s shoe if you don’t have a foot to stand on, and you can’t see clearly if your head is so far up your ass that the entire world is dark.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @fore_life said:

> > @"Crazy About Golf" said:

> > > @fore_life said:

> > > Also I wish the anti dopers would be more transparent and just come out and say that they don’t like minorities

> >

> > You had to go there, didn't you? Pathetic.

>

> Is it really that far off by the sweeping generalizations made by some of the posters in here?

>

> Listen, the valedictorian from my school got a full ride to Brown and that guy smoked TONS. There’s a psychological aspect to addiction too and I bet if you looked at the childhood or lives in general of the people who moved on to harder drugs, then that would play a large role in moving to harder drugs.

>

> You can’t walk a mile in someone else’s shoe if you don’t have a foot to stand on, and you can’t see clearly if your head is so far up your **** that the entire world is dark.

Your rationale is disturbing, please keep the posts in line with the op. End of this particular conversation!