Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

>

> And Koepka chews tobacco while he plays. For the same reason.

Always a deflection to this or that. Then chew tobacco instead of partaking in a banned substance.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

> >

> > And Koepka chews tobacco while he plays. For the same reason.

>

> Always a deflection to this or that. Then chew tobacco instead of partaking in a banned substance.

Not at all, just highlighting the inherent hypocrisy of some of our laws/regulations. I will pass on the mouth/throat/gum cancer

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

> > >

> > > And Koepka chews tobacco while he plays. For the same reason.

> >

> > Always a deflection to this or that. Then chew tobacco instead of partaking in a banned substance.

>

> Not at all, just highlighting the inherent hypocrisy of some of our laws/regulations. I will pass on the mouth/throat/gum cancer

The logic some use to make a point just ruins their point. Different colored sbirts, maalox, chewing tobacco, etc. sheesh!

> @Mikey5e said:

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/amp/323673

Far out, man.

I didn't see the USGA mentioned in there once.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

> > > >

> > > > And Koepka chews tobacco while he plays. For the same reason.

> > >

> > > Always a deflection to this or that. Then chew tobacco instead of partaking in a banned substance.

> >

> > Not at all, just highlighting the inherent hypocrisy of some of our laws/regulations. I will pass on the mouth/throat/gum cancer

>

> The logic some use to make a point just ruins their point. Different colored sbirts, maalox, chewing tobacco, etc. sheesh!

If you read those posts closely I’m pretty confident they are being tongue and cheek. They are using those as a medafore for the hypocracy of one substance v another. Example, if someone takes a legal substance such as Lexipro such as I do for anxiety it most definitely helps them calm. Etc etc etc. Or a drug for arthritis like Celebrex or even a something for depression. Every single one of these will enhance performance based on simple logic alone! How many of you drop Advil before you play? Rules are rules and we should abide but that doesn’t justify the efficacy of said rules. Just one mans opinion. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

> > > > >

> > > > > And Koepka chews tobacco while he plays. For the same reason.

> > > >

> > > > Always a deflection to this or that. Then chew tobacco instead of partaking in a banned substance.

> > >

> > > Not at all, just highlighting the inherent hypocrisy of some of our laws/regulations. I will pass on the mouth/throat/gum cancer

> >

> > The logic some use to make a point just ruins their point. Different colored sbirts, maalox, chewing tobacco, etc. sheesh!

>

> If you read those posts closely I’m pretty confident they are being tongue and cheek. They are using those as a medafore for the hypocracy of one substance v another. Example, if someone takes a legal substance such as Lexipro such as I do for anxiety it most definitely helps them calm. Etc etc etc. Or a drug for arthritis like Celebrex or even a something for depression. Every single one of these will enhance performance based on simple logic alone! How many of you drop Advil before you play? BB

Lol. You talk about deflection as “tongue and cheek” then proceed to add your own deflection. ? You literally compared an OTC Pain killer to a mind altering narcotic.

And one is more or less than the other simple based on a label? Substances are substances just because one carries a sigma and the other doesn’t means very little to most. Some might say MJ is a natural herbal supplement and choose not to ingest a dangerous synthetic chemical invention. Do you understand that? A natural remedy for ailments. Do you really think Advil is not physiologically altering?

> @"Big Ben" said:

> And one is more or less than the other simple based on a label? Substances are substances just because one carries a sigma and the other doesn’t means very little to most. Some might say MJ is a natural herbal supplement and choose not to ingest a dangerous synthetic chemical invention. Do you understand that? A nature remedy for ailments. Do you really think Advil is not physiologically altering?

M is federally illegal, maallox is not. Nor is the color of a shirt. Simple.

11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states. and what about CBD? its being sold at RD golf shops here in socal. multiple PGA pros are using it and endorsing it. time for people to deal with it. its no different than alcohol. (i'd rather have stoners driving than drunks tbh.) i beat stoners on the reg and lose to em too, just depends on who's playing better that day .... just play baby.

edit: WADA removed CBD from the banned list in 2018

> @Oldboy said:

> 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

> @davep043 said:

> > @Oldboy said:

> > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

>

>

And that’s a very good representation of the facts. I agree with your opinions as well.

> @davep043 said:

> > @Oldboy said:

> > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

>

>

/thread

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @Oldboy said:

> > > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> > I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> > As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

> >

> >

>

> /thread

Agreed, but the OP's question is boring and largely irrelevant. The meat of the conversation is actually interesting.

> @jut111 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

>

> Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> @jut111 said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > > > @Oldboy said:

> > > > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> > > I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> > > As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > /thread

>

> Agreed, but the OP's question is boring and largely irrelevant. The meat of the conversation is actually interesting.

Totally agree, though I feel as if we are toeing the "don't talk politics" line too closely and the sooner this thread goes away the better we will all be. I'm just as guilty as anyone (in fact, probably the must culpable because I was the first to respond to OP) of taking this thread off-topic.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @jut111 said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > @Oldboy said:

> > > > > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> > > > I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> > > > As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > /thread

> >

> > Agreed, but the OP's question is boring and largely irrelevant. The meat of the conversation is actually interesting.

>

> Totally agree, though I feel as if we are toeing the "don't talk politics" line too closely and the sooner this thread goes away the better we will all be. I'm just as guilty as anyone (in fact, probably the must culpable because I was the first to respond to OP) of taking this thread off-topic.

The thread has drawn a lot of interest for being boring and irrelevant, even your interest. If you have a better op, post it and stop whining!

> @BiggErn said:

> > @jut111 said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> >

> > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

>

> Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @jut111 said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> >

> > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

>

> Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

Actually that isn't true, in fact some folks in here have stated they absolutely care, as if what other's do effects them negatively.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @jut111 said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > > @Oldboy said:

> > > > > > 11 states plus DC have completely legalised it. that's 20% of the country. medicinal use is legal in 23? states. that's more than half the states.

> > > > > I don't know the statistics, so I ask now, how many of those states allow smoking marijuana in public places? I'm fairly sure that in DC possession is acceptable, smoking in a public place is not. That's what we're talking about when we're talking about golf.

> > > > > As for what the law SHOULD be, I'm fine with varying opinions, I'm fine with working to change state and/or federal law. But I'm also fine with enforcing the current laws for as long as they're in effect. And I'm fine with the USGA, the PGA Tour, the LPGA and their prohibition of the use of marijuana in the competitions they run.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > /thread

> > >

> > > Agreed, but the OP's question is boring and largely irrelevant. The meat of the conversation is actually interesting.

> >

> > Totally agree, though I feel as if we are toeing the "don't talk politics" line too closely and the sooner this thread goes away the better we will all be. I'm just as guilty as anyone (in fact, probably the must culpable because I was the first to respond to OP) of taking this thread off-topic.

>

> The thread has drawn a lot of interest for being boring and irrelevant, even your interest. If you have a better op, post it and stop whining!

You must have misinterpreted my post. I _love_ this thread. But, in the interest of self-preservation and not wanting to get a timeout for talking politics, I don't see how we can continue down the road the thread is currently going.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @jut111 said:

> > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > >

> > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> >

> > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

>

> Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

Sure it isn’t ?

> @BiggErn said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @jut111 said:

> > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > > >

> > > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> > >

> > > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> >

> > Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

>

> Sure it isn’t ?

It isn't physically addictive in any way. Saying/thinking it is won't change that fact. The fact that it's classified as a more dangerous drug than oxy/meth/fentanyl is an absolute travesty.

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > @jut111 said:

> > > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> > >

> > > Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

> >

> > Sure it isn’t ?

>

> It isn't physically addictive in any way. Saying/thinking it is won't change that fact. The fact that it's classified as a more dangerous drug than oxy/meth/fentanyl is an absolute travesty.

I hear ya. The best way to undermine the dangers and effects of one drug is to always claim something else is worse.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > @jut111 said:

> > > > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> > > >

> > > > Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

> > >

> > > Sure it isn’t ?

> >

> > It isn't physically addictive in any way. Saying/thinking it is won't change that fact. The fact that it's classified as a more dangerous drug than oxy/meth/fentanyl is an absolute travesty.

>

> I hear ya. The best way to undermine the dangers and effects of one drug is to always claim something else is worse.

Except in this case it isn't really a claim, it's a fact. Which is why the notion of "the law is the law" simply doesn't make sense sometimes since laws spawn from imperfect policy makers. . The reality is the current policy/law isn't backed at all by any sort of medical/scientific evidence.

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > @jut111 said:

> > > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> > >

> > > Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

> >

> > Sure it isn’t ?

>

> It isn't physically addictive in any way. Saying/thinking it is won't change that fact. The fact that it's classified as a more dangerous drug than oxy/meth/fentanyl is an absolute travesty.

I was in the hospital a couple days ago and they gave me fentanyl via IV and Vicodin to take home. I'd rather take some edibles.

Have to really laugh at some of you in this thread. > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > @jut111 said:

> > > > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > > > And if the Federal Govt asked you to jump off the bridge because it was required would you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly. People are too willing to be led around like sheep. Educate yourself, use those critical thinking skills and form your own opinions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody cares what you do just like I don’t care that MJ is banned in any type of organized competition. If you wanna compete don’t do it. If you wanna do it don’t expect to compete by comparing it to a million other things that aren’t banned. I’d venture to say someone addicted to a drug is the one being led around and controlled like sheep.

> > > >

> > > > Marijuana is not addictive, oddly enough, both tobacco and alcohol are.

> > >

> > > Sure it isn’t ?

> >

> > It isn't physically addictive in any way. Saying/thinking it is won't change that fact. The fact that it's classified as a more dangerous drug than oxy/meth/fentanyl is an absolute travesty.

>

> I was in the hospital a couple days ago and they gave me fentanyl via IV and Vicodin to take home. I'd rather take some edibles.

Edibles would certainly be less hazardous. You'd have zero chance of addiction going the edibles route. Of course big pharma wouldn't get a piece of the action.

> @Krt22 said:

> @Krt22 said:

> Except in this case it isn't really a claim, it's a fact. Which is why the notion of "the law is the law" simply doesn't make sense sometimes since laws spawn from imperfect policy makers. . The reality is the current policy/law isn't backed at all by any sort of medical/scientific evidence.

Two quick points: First, for every study you can point to that says marijuana is not addictive, I can point to one that says it is. I don't know for sure, but I'd venture to guess all the studies you might cite to are funded, or undertaken, by those in favor of the use and/or decriminalization of marijuana. Second, much to your chagrin, I'm sure, it is an irrefutable fact that Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome and Cannabis Use Disorder (also known as marijuana addiction) have been medically recognized conditions since at least 2013. Many studies undertaken by facially unbiased researchers state, explicitly, that marijuana is physically addictive, which makes sense because "[c]annabis is a psychotropic substance," "[r]egular cannabis use is associated with neuroanatomic [brain] abnormalities . . . particularly the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex," and "[a]bstinence-induced craving is associated with reduced amygdala [neurons in the brain] volumes . . . which is also found in adult alcohol and cocaine users." Bonnet, U. and Preuss, U., "The Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome: Current Insights." _Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation_ Volume 8 (2017): 9-37.

That's a lot of big words, I know. In lay-speak: Marijuana is physically (and likely mentally) addictive, its use causes physical changes in the brain, and when marijuana is no longer used, those physical changes can manifest themselves through physical withdrawal symptoms.

Huh... seems like marijuana is addictive, and such assertion is backed up factually by medical doctors and researchers. Who'd have imagined that a substance that causes changes in brain chemistry and anatomy could be addictive? :|

Take too much of a lot of things and they can be addictive. Sugar? Yup! Fatty food? Carbohydrates? Yup! Yup! Caffeine? Yup! Oh and how about opiates? Hugely addictive and legal. No one dies from an OD of weed yet over 70K died from opiate ODs in 2017 alone. Those criminals in big pharma turned a blind eye to it as they pumped more and more into communities without asking a word so long as the money kept coming.

As for weed I have yet to meet anyone that's ever been addicted to it. Most weed users, just like alcohol, can be used responsibly by adults. My circle 50somethings doesn't use regularly but will on golf trips, ski trips, weekend with the guys etc. Many of these guys are self-made 1% economically. Even us poorer guys are still doing well in life and our careers. There are so many successful people, your neighbors even that partake periodically and yet live normal lives. Not because it's hard but because weed is a fairly mild intoxicant and clearly has some good medicinal qualities and isn't addictive unless you're an idiot destined to smoke 24x7.

I resent the fact that we have a government where some still want to outlaw a natural product (put here by God if you believe) that can be grown with sunlight and water. A product that can be used responsibly by adults.