Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @southplains said:

> > I think the original op issue is really a matter for Tournament Committees to decide.

>

> and I think this is a big part of the problem, nobody has taken on the issue, or are afraid to.

I suggest you become part of your local Tournament Committee if you believe its an important problem. That Committee has the authority and responsibility to set anti-doping policy for any tournaments you're likely to play in.

@LeoLeo99

Well. Really only could be enforced at the pro level. Random testing just like most jobs would do it.

At the club level I’d say peer pressure would do a lot. Which I know won’t be a popular statement. But the guy who claims “ insomnia “ or “ restless leg syndrome “ so he can get a card to smoke weed doesn’t get my sympathy. I’m fact it’s despicable in my opinion when you think of the folks with cancer and other real and SERIOUS things that can only find relief for pain or appetite loss through pot.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> @Llortamaisey said:

> Sorry to thread jack but I have to comment on a side topic that doesn’t get talked about enough. Maalox is not performance enhancing. It does not give you an advantage but rather takes away a huge disadvantage. It’s designed to make you regular. No matter how much you drink, it won’t make you an all-star in the bathroom. Misinformation like Maalox being a performance enhancer is how things get unnecessarily banned. I swear I’m going to be so ticked off if the USGA bans Maalox, and I will blame this thread.

So is Testosterone for those of us with low T (I was 35 when I first got tested, and had a level below 200, basically the level of an 85 year old man). To think that me taking a shot (or using cream as was the case on tour with the suspension a few years ago) to bring me up to normal levels gives me an "advantage" simply because levels spike 48 hours after taking it, then fall rapidly until next dosage, is ignorant at best. I dont stick a needle in my thigh every week because it gives me some kind of advantage anywhere, I do it to feel normal.

> @bladehunter said:

> @LeoLeo99

>

> Well. Really only could be enforced at the pro level. Random testing just like most jobs would do it.

>

> At the club level I’d say peer pressure would do a lot. Which I know won’t be a popular statement. But the guy who claims “ insomnia “ or “ restless leg syndrome “ so he can get a card to smoke weed doesn’t get my sympathy. I’m fact it’s despicable in my opinion when you think of the folks with cancer and other real and SERIOUS things that can only find relief for pain or appetite loss through pot.

You have obviously never met or been closely associated with anyone who suffers from either of your examples. My wife has restless leg syndrome, and let me tell you it is a very real and painful experience. Sure, there are those who abuse it and use conditions they don't have as an excuse to get a card, but that should also fall on the provider for not testing for and confirming said afflictions.

Talking to yourself, gardening, collecting stamps, singing in the shower, posting on golfwrx (ahem) can be “habit forming” and “addicting”.

For the record I can’t stand marijuana personally. I just get annoyed when people try and tell others how to live there life. Not to mention have the audacity to take that life to a Golf course and get judged for it. Get some perspective on what’s important in life.

> @jut111 said:

> Talking to yourself, gardening, collecting stamps, singing in the shower, posting on golfwrx (ahem) can be “habit forming” and “addicting”.

>

> For the record I can’t stand marijuana personally. I just get annoyed when people try and tell others how to live there life. Not to mention have the audacity to take that life to a Golf course and get judged for it. Get some perspective on what’s important in life.

>

Lol. Absolutely. I love coffee. Like I make my own expresso from a bean from Tanzania that’s sourced by a local importer to me from a local single farmer in the region. I can understand the habit side of it yet at the same time I’m hardly drinking enough to be called addicted to caffeine like a guy who drinks two pots a day of maxwell house. All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ? Especially in competition when you see a guy “ go pee”at the turn for 5 min and come back putting a roach out on his shoe so he can save it. Then proceed to par the back 9 after going 39 or 40 on the front. It works for some to calm down. Theres no denying it.

I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > @LeoLeo99

> >

> > Well. Really only could be enforced at the pro level. Random testing just like most jobs would do it.

> >

> > At the club level I’d say peer pressure would do a lot. Which I know won’t be a popular statement. But the guy who claims “ insomnia “ or “ restless leg syndrome “ so he can get a card to smoke weed doesn’t get my sympathy. I’m fact it’s despicable in my opinion when you think of the folks with cancer and other real and SERIOUS things that can only find relief for pain or appetite loss through pot.

>

> You have obviously never met or been closely associated with anyone who suffers from either of your examples. My wife has restless leg syndrome, and let me tell you it is a very real and painful experience. Sure, there are those who abuse it and use conditions they don't have as an excuse to get a card, but that should also fall on the provider for not testing for and confirming said afflictions.

Yes. But that’s my point. A person who truly has anything such as that is very very unlikely to compete at any high level. Thus not a part of this discussion at all.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

>

>

I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> @bladehunter said:

> So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

>

>

Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> @bladehunter said:

> I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

>

>

If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> @bladehunter said:

> As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

>

>

My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

• Like 1

> @Llortamaisey said:

> Sorry to thread jack but I have to comment on a side topic that doesn’t get talked about enough. Maalox is not performance enhancing. It does not give you an advantage but rather takes away a huge disadvantage.

I don't see any difference. Any substance that helps you perform is performance-enhancing. THC might help you perform by helping you relax. Maalox might help you perform by settling your stomach. Both are performance-enhancing in my book.

• Like 1

> @jut111 said:

> For the record I can’t stand marijuana personally. **I just get annoyed when people try and tell others how to live there life.** Not to mention have the audacity to take that life to a Golf course and get judged for it. Get some perspective on what’s important in life.

>

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @jut111 said:

> > For the record I can’t stand marijuana personally. **I just get annoyed when people try and tell others how to live there life.** Not to mention have the audacity to take that life to a Golf course and get judged for it. Get some perspective on what’s important in life.

> >

> YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

The devil's lettuce is the gateway drug ya know! Could be contagious!

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Llortamaisey said:

> > Sorry to thread jack but I have to comment on a side topic that doesn’t get talked about enough. Maalox is not performance enhancing. It does not give you an advantage but rather takes away a huge disadvantage.

>

> I don't see any difference. Any substance that helps you perform is performance-enhancing. THC might help you perform by helping you relax. Maalox might help you perform by settling your stomach. Both are performance-enhancing in my book.

>

Lol.

I'm sure that legalization of mind altering substances will be added to the public intoxication laws. Can't have stoners driving any more than drunk people. Public drunkenness or intoxication by other substances is still a crime most places even if selectively enforced.

There was a program on VICE channel where one of the connoisseurs of weed was put through a driving test before and after sampling. He failed miserably.

I'm highly skeptical that there are any actual DQs in tournaments due to weed, alcohol or any other mind altering substance.

> @cxx said:

> I'm sure that legalization of mind altering substances will be added to the public intoxication laws. Can't have stoners driving any more than drunk people. Public drunkenness or intoxication by other substances is still a crime most places even if selectively enforced.

>

> There was a program on VICE channel where one of the connoisseurs of weed was put through a driving test before and after sampling. He failed miserably.

>

> I'm highly skeptical that there are any actual DQs in tournaments due to weed, alcohol or any other mind altering substance.

They added driving under the influence of drugs to the DUI laws.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> >

> >

>

> I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

>

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> >

> >

> Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

>

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> >

> >

>

> If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

>

> We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

>

> I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> >

> >

>

> My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> >

> > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > >

> > >

> > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> >

> > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> >

> > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> >

> > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

>

> Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > >

> > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > >

> > >

> > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > >

> > >

> > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > >

> > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > >

> > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > >

> > >

> > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> >

> > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

>

> Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

>

> But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

>

>

So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > >

> > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > >

> > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > >

> > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > >

> > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> >

> > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> >

> > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> >

> >

>

> So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

>

> > @Llortamaisey said:

> > Sorry to thread jack but I have to comment on a side topic that doesn’t get talked about enough. Maalox is not performance enhancing. It does not give you an advantage but rather takes away a huge disadvantage. It’s designed to make you regular. No matter how much you drink, it won’t make you an all-star in the bathroom. Misinformation like Maalox being a performance enhancer is how things get unnecessarily banned. I swear I’m going to be so ticked off if the USGA bans Maalox, and I will blame this thread.

>

> So is Testosterone for those of us with low T (I was 35 when I first got tested, and had a level below 200, basically the level of an 85 year old man). To think that me taking a shot (or using cream as was the case on tour with the suspension a few years ago) to bring me up to normal levels gives me an "advantage" simply because levels spike 48 hours after taking it, then fall rapidly until next dosage, is ignorant at best. I dont stick a needle in my thigh every week because it gives me some kind of advantage anywhere, I do it to feel normal.

Any idea of the cause ? Usually a side effect of something else.

As for pot. It’> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > > >

> > > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > > >

> > > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > > >

> > > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> > >

> > > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> > >

> > > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

>

> A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

Come on man. We can live and let live. But. That’s far from reality. Drug users effects on the ones connected to them is a very well documented scenario that really is impossible to defend. I’m not looking to make an enemy here , so don’t take this as a personal attack , but just like cigarettes and alcohol..... other people are very much affected by its use. The only way what you say is true is if you never leave the house while using , and you live alone. Very rare scenario.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

>

> Any idea of the cause ? Usually a side effect of something else.

Honestly, no clue. I had gone to the doc because my back was messed up and he started asking about family history and last time I had bloodwork done. I told him never (strange for a 34 year old with a family history of heart problems, but I've never really been one to go to a doctor unless I was injured in some way). He wanted bloodwork and when I started talking about my low energy, inability to lose weight and inability to gain muscle mass (I worked out 5 days a week for over a year and had very little gain in the way of increased strength or building muscle, it was bizarre), he took another sample to check test. It runs in my family. My father had low T, and at least one of my uncles on my mothers side did as well.

I'm going to try and be blunt here. It needs to be a joint effort with the players and committee to find the perpetrators and smoke 'em out. We really have to nip it in the bud and strip the problem right down to the bone.

• Like 2

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @cxx said:

> I'm sure that legalization of mind altering substances will be added to the public intoxication laws. Can't have stoners driving any more than drunk people. Public drunkenness or intoxication by other substances is still a crime most places even if selectively enforced.

Those laws have been in place for a long time.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > > >

> > > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > > >

> > > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > > >

> > > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> > >

> > > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> > >

> > > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

>

> A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

Toke away, bro!

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> > > >

> > > > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> > > >

> > > > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

> >

> > A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

>

> Toke away, bro!

Havent "toked away" in 11 years, bro. But that's not really the point.

I am going to bow out of this one in order to prevent any further derailing of the OP (of which I am plenty guilty along with several others), and to try and keep it from getting locked up. If anyone wants to continue the side conversation, you are free to PM me, but I'm not sure I see the point as very rarely does anyone change their minds on much of anything.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> > > > >

> > > > > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

> > >

> > > A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

> >

> > Toke away, bro!

>

> Havent "toked away" in 11 years, bro. But that's not really the point.

>

> I am going to bow out of this one in order to prevent any further derailing of the OP (of which I am plenty guilty along with several others), and to try and keep it from getting locked up. If anyone wants to continue the side conversation, you are free to PM me, but I'm not sure I see the point as very rarely does anyone change their minds on much of anything.

You’re not wrong there.

The truth is almost always in the middle. We all have strong opinions because of personal experiences or interest in the subject. Always. And changing a mind from that is really hard.

And at the end of the day it’s just like anything else. People with common sense and decency can partake in anything and not cross the line. But it only takes one idiot to ruin it for all. Sort of along the lines of original sin and the garden if you get my drift? That’s mans modus operandi to a T. A person is smart and courteous 99% of the time. But people are just like dogs .... they leave their brains behind and it’s monkey see monkey do. Which is why the bro culture coupled with the “ let me live my life how I want “ crowd gets al the press as being the asshats who are the face of drinking , smoking etc. when in reality I know there are millions of courteous folks who you’d never know did either. Kind of like the one or two bad cops in a station who ruin the rep for all the others. Same same. Somehow you just feel like you have to rail against those few or else they will take over. As in we can’t let the idiots have power. Lol.

Anyway novella over. Take it easy boss.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mikey5e said:

> I think a core point of this thread is the fact that the person in question, in reference to the op, smokes m to relax his nerves from anxiety. IOWs, to relieve the feeling of pressure.

Does he spoke in competitions that are administered by the USGA, like the US Open, US Amateur, the US Senior Amateur, etc? If not, it is up to the Committee of each competition to define any anti-doping policies. If they do not, then there is no rule that prohibits him from smoking, as far as I can tell.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All that said , My coffee habit doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s life or safety. Pot certainly does. I can’t be around drunks or stoners without being drunk or stoned. And I don’t want anyone I love to be around them either.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I really mean this in the least insensitive way possible, but dude, that's YOUR problem, not anyone else's. If YOU cannot handle being around someone drinking or getting stoned because it makes you want to get stoned, that is a you issue that only YOU can fix. That should have absolutely zero bearing on anyone else's ability to function as a responsible adult in public, regardless of their substance of choice. So long as they are not robbing you to fund their habit, or killing someone to feed their habit (or driving under the influence before someone calls me out for not mentioning that), let them do as they please.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So there’s the rub. Why do folks get to show up to the course , high or otherwise , and I’m supposed to be ok with it for 4 hours ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because what they are doing to their own bodies has zero effect on you, and frankly it is none of your business. Whether or not you are ok with it is completely irrelevant. I'm not ok with people chewing with their mouth open, but I cant make a restaurant kick patrons out because they were raised by ogres. I'm not ok with BO, but I cant force people to wear deodorant (I had to endure a 10 hour flight home from England behind a person who smelled like they had never seen a stick of deodorant in their life and hadn't showered for a week, he smelled like old onions).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I guess I’ll just back out as usual when this subject comes up. I’m as live and let live as anyone you can find until it comes to dope. Legal or otherwise.i don’t want it around me , and don’t want it near anyone I love. After having lived through what it does to people , it’s impossible to Discuss it without wanting to shout at folks that they are playing with fire and seemingly have no idea of the situation. Throw on top of that the fact that some people get a situational advantage from it in competition and I just don’t think it has any place outside a persons private residence. None. Which is why I confound some when I’ll also say that I’m all for decriminalizing it for personal use , so long as it’s( the person and the substance ) kept at home only. As in I’m very much pro personal liberties. Until I have to endure your choices in a public place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it's legal, as mentioned above, that is your problem to deal with. That problem should not be passed on to those who legally partake. If you do not want it around you or anyone you love, that's fine, but the burden is on YOU to find places free from it (again, if it is legal wherever you are encountering it).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We have to endure people's choices in public daily. Some are fine, some we may disagree with, some may make us wish ill of that person, but the reality is, we must endure them, or find other places to be. We cannot force people to conform to our view of the world.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I smoked MJ daily from the time I was 14 until I was almost 30. From morning to night, until I got a "real job", then it was in the afternoon/evening after I got home from work. Never went to work stoned, just like I never went to work drunk. When it came time to put on my big boy pants and start doing actual adult things (like getting a mortgage), I quit because at that point it wasn't worth losing my job and everything I had over a buzz. Substances don't destroy people, people destroy themselves with substances. I do completely understand addiction is very real (though I do not believe marijuana is addictive and there are plenty of studies to back that up), but those people that are addicted to their substance of choice made a conscience decision to take that substance, repeatedly, before they became addicted. Almost nobody in the US in the last 35 years (at least) has taken street drugs without knowing they are dangerous and addictive.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for the Medicinal use ... of course it goes without saying that I’m not talking about the sick person who you’d never know is using. That sick person isnt competing in a tournament setting either so shouldnt be included in this discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My uncle has esophageal cancer, a prescription for weed, and occasionally plays tournament golf. So yes, they do sometimes compete in a tournament setting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Classic examples of self-serving, bad reasoning, and poor analogies.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whatever you say champ. We’re having a grown up conversation me 5 eagles player.

> > > > >

> > > > > But to humor you anyway, if you show up at the course in a red shirt and get paired with a random who states his displeasure for red shirts, are you going to change? Or are you going to tell him to kick rocks and carry on?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So now you are comparing tbe color of shirts to smoking M? You have just validated my previous post, ty.

> > >

> > > A persons decision to wear a red shirt has the exact same effect on you as their decision to smoke pot. That effect is nil in both cases.

> >

> > Toke away, bro!

>

> Havent "toked away" in 11 years, bro. But that's not really the point.

>

> I am going to bow out of this one in order to prevent any further derailing of the OP (of which I am plenty guilty along with several others), and to try and keep it from getting locked up. If anyone wants to continue the side conversation, you are free to PM me, but I'm not sure I see the point as very rarely does anyone change their minds on much of anything.

Oddly enough I really don't think it is all that OT. In reality the reason it is/was banned and continues to be illegal at the federal level is largely based on false information, perception, propaganda, bad policy, etc. In reality it is a much smaller public health issue than many of the perfectly legal substances available for us to consume (in some cases exponentially so), but it is still largely treated as the bogey man. If MJ was legal at the federal level, we would not be having this discussion