> @rogolf said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > @justasgood said:

> > > > > > > > If the average number of medical marijuana patients per 1,000 residents in states with legal medical marijuana is extrapolated to all 50 states (population 325,719,178 in 2017, according to the US Census Bureau), then the total number of medical marijuana users as of May 16, 2018 would theoretically be 3,514,510 [10.79/1,000 x 325,719,178 = 3,514,510].

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are missing my point. Federal law trumps state law. While something may be allowed under state law, it is still illegal under federal law. If a DEA Special Agent were to talk up to someone in Denver who is smoking pot, the civilian's possession of a legal document issued by the State of Colorado would be of no consequence to the DEA Special Agent and would not act as a shield for a violation of federal law. The fact that states are openly passing laws and regulations that are in direct contravention of federal law does not mean those laws and regulations are legal under federal law.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm genuinely curious, and this may need to be taken to PM, but do you know how this sort of thing worked 100 years ago during alcohol prohibition? States (including Michigan) banned the production and sale of alcohol years before federal Probition...so, it would've been illegal per state law, yet still perfectly legal per federal law.

> > > > >

> > > > > There’s still “dry” cities and counties that outlaw the sell of alcohol.

> > > >

> > > > Very true but those places are like relics. Old and useless. Those towns won't sell you a beer but they will prescribe the crap out of Oxy haha. The irony is mind blowing.

> > >

> > > Pretty ignorant and baseless comment considering opioids are a problem EVERYWHERE.

> >

> > How is it ignorant to point out the glaring hypocrisy of the fact that we have towns in this country that are allowing the sale of Oxy in pharmacies but not permitting the sale of a bottle of wine? Same goes for Cannabis. It's somehow ok with people that doctors are prescribing over the counter heroin but Cannabis is illegal to sell in most states for medical use. Its mind-blowingly moronic.

>

> This is definitely OFF-TOPIC!

In was in context to the comments made about my post which were in response to the topic at hand. And it's not polite to use caps like that as it signifies screaming.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @Mikey5e said:

> Is it up to the tournament committee to decide whether it is ok to toke, or is it against USGA rules? I'm still not sure.

It would seem that it is prohibited based on the USGA/PGA drug policy.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @J13 said:

> > @rogolf said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > @justasgood said:

> > > > > > > > > If the average number of medical marijuana patients per 1,000 residents in states with legal medical marijuana is extrapolated to all 50 states (population 325,719,178 in 2017, according to the US Census Bureau), then the total number of medical marijuana users as of May 16, 2018 would theoretically be 3,514,510 [10.79/1,000 x 325,719,178 = 3,514,510].

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are missing my point. Federal law trumps state law. While something may be allowed under state law, it is still illegal under federal law. If a DEA Special Agent were to talk up to someone in Denver who is smoking pot, the civilian's possession of a legal document issued by the State of Colorado would be of no consequence to the DEA Special Agent and would not act as a shield for a violation of federal law. The fact that states are openly passing laws and regulations that are in direct contravention of federal law does not mean those laws and regulations are legal under federal law.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm genuinely curious, and this may need to be taken to PM, but do you know how this sort of thing worked 100 years ago during alcohol prohibition? States (including Michigan) banned the production and sale of alcohol years before federal Probition...so, it would've been illegal per state law, yet still perfectly legal per federal law.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There’s still “dry” cities and counties that outlaw the sell of alcohol.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very true but those places are like relics. Old and useless. Those towns won't sell you a beer but they will prescribe the crap out of Oxy haha. The irony is mind blowing.

> > > >

> > > > Pretty ignorant and baseless comment considering opioids are a problem EVERYWHERE.

> > >

> > > How is it ignorant to point out the glaring hypocrisy of the fact that we have towns in this country that are allowing the sale of Oxy in pharmacies but not permitting the sale of a bottle of wine? Same goes for Cannabis. It's somehow ok with people that doctors are prescribing over the counter heroin but Cannabis is illegal to sell in most states for medical use. Its mind-blowingly moronic.

> >

> > This is definitely OFF-TOPIC!

>

> In was in context to the comments made about my post which were in response to the topic at hand. And it's not polite to use caps like that as it signifies screaming.

Political views are for a different folder - this one is about the Rules of golf. And I meant to be loud. :)

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > Is it up to the tournament committee to decide whether it is ok to toke, or is it against USGA rules? I'm still not sure.

>

> It would seem that it is prohibited based on the USGA/PGA drug policy.

I have found nothing in the Rules of Golf that prohibit it. The USGA anti-doping policy applies to competitions for which the USGA is the Committee. The Rules specifically authorize the Committee in other events to develop its own anti-doping policy.

> @rogolf said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @rogolf said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > > > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > > > > @justasgood said:

> > > > > > > > > > If the average number of medical marijuana patients per 1,000 residents in states with legal medical marijuana is extrapolated to all 50 states (population 325,719,178 in 2017, according to the US Census Bureau), then the total number of medical marijuana users as of May 16, 2018 would theoretically be 3,514,510 [10.79/1,000 x 325,719,178 = 3,514,510].

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are missing my point. Federal law trumps state law. While something may be allowed under state law, it is still illegal under federal law. If a DEA Special Agent were to talk up to someone in Denver who is smoking pot, the civilian's possession of a legal document issued by the State of Colorado would be of no consequence to the DEA Special Agent and would not act as a shield for a violation of federal law. The fact that states are openly passing laws and regulations that are in direct contravention of federal law does not mean those laws and regulations are legal under federal law.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm genuinely curious, and this may need to be taken to PM, but do you know how this sort of thing worked 100 years ago during alcohol prohibition? States (including Michigan) banned the production and sale of alcohol years before federal Probition...so, it would've been illegal per state law, yet still perfectly legal per federal law.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There’s still “dry” cities and counties that outlaw the sell of alcohol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Very true but those places are like relics. Old and useless. Those towns won't sell you a beer but they will prescribe the crap out of Oxy haha. The irony is mind blowing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty ignorant and baseless comment considering opioids are a problem EVERYWHERE.

> > > >

> > > > How is it ignorant to point out the glaring hypocrisy of the fact that we have towns in this country that are allowing the sale of Oxy in pharmacies but not permitting the sale of a bottle of wine? Same goes for Cannabis. It's somehow ok with people that doctors are prescribing over the counter heroin but Cannabis is illegal to sell in most states for medical use. Its mind-blowingly moronic.

> > >

> > > This is definitely OFF-TOPIC!

> >

> > In was in context to the comments made about my post which were in response to the topic at hand. And it's not polite to use caps like that as it signifies screaming.

>

> Political views are for a different folder - this one is about the Rules of golf. And I meant to be loud. :)

What political view did i make? My point directly relates to the topic at hand. Whether we are talking about the governing body of a town or in this case a sport, alcohol and tobacco are permitted but not things like Medical marijuana. The USGA would be ok with you taking a Vicoden but not medical marijuana. Both are prescribed by physicians. And you are being ignorant by being loud. If you can't express yourself without using caps please don't post. :smile:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Dpavs said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> >

> > > Since political commentary is disallowed on this website, I will try to answer without treading into political territory. Whatever you believe the powers of the federal government should be, it is undeniable that current federal law, which supersedes state law, makes use of marijuana a crime. There is no grey area on this point. If the federal government wanted to, it could go into Colorado, for example, and shut down every single dispensary and charge the owners and operators with federal crimes. The fact that the federal government has not yet done so does not mean that the recreational use of marijuana is legal.

> >

> > Actually, as I understand it, under current law they cannot without violating the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment which prohibits the Justice Department from spending funds to interfere with the implementation of state medical cannabis laws.

> >

>

> That's a misunderstanding of the amendment. It only prevents DOJ money from being spent to stop states (and not all of them) from implementing laws. It does not actually prevent the enforcement of federal laws.

Exactly.

In the examples above regarding a Mass course and why they won’t sell pot related products and or why are they stupid not to. My answer is this . How would you like to be the course that was seized by the DEA when ( not if ) the Feds decide they need a new revenue stream and decide to enforce the law? Once the opioid stream slows down , they will need a filler. Pot is the easiest target. And many will say “ oh now they won’t. They will have an uprising “. Yea right . If that was going to happen it would have been 40 years ago when the started locking people up for years for cannabis only offenses. People who are selling it out in the open are playing with fire. Like lose your life as you know it fire. Same thing happened with synthetics before they decided to ban / crack down on them. They let people run open legal tax paying businesses for years before popping by one day and seizing it all and locking you up. I’m taking your house , your family , all of it.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > Played a match with a guy who was lighting up a blunt just as we were about to go play 0ur match. I thought; oh great, I’m gonna kill this guy, he’s high as heck. WRONG! The guy had me beat by 12.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like to me that the weed enhanced his play?

>

> While cannabis indica is a sedative or depressive, it's been used in several Guinness-record speed runs on a downhill skateboard. It reduces nerves and calms overt thoughts, which allows the users subconscious to take over and run by reflex. In a game as mental as golf, something that calms your inner monologue and promotes relaxation could certainly be construed as a performance enhancer.

Right. Then you get a sativa and calmed inner monologue decides to go on vacation.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @BiggErn said:

> > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > > @justasgood said:

> > > > If the average number of medical marijuana patients per 1,000 residents in states with legal medical marijuana is extrapolated to all 50 states (population 325,719,178 in 2017, according to the US Census Bureau), then the total number of medical marijuana users as of May 16, 2018 would theoretically be 3,514,510 [10.79/1,000 x 325,719,178 = 3,514,510].

> > >

> > > You are missing my point. Federal law trumps state law. While something may be allowed under state law, it is still illegal under federal law. If a DEA Special Agent were to talk up to someone in Denver who is smoking pot, the civilian's possession of a legal document issued by the State of Colorado would be of no consequence to the DEA Special Agent and would not act as a shield for a violation of federal law. The fact that states are openly passing laws and regulations that are in direct contravention of federal law does not mean those laws and regulations are legal under federal law.

> >

> > I'm genuinely curious, and this may need to be taken to PM, but do you know how this sort of thing worked 100 > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > Played a match with a guy who was lighting up a blunt just as we were about to go play 0ur match. I thought; oh great, I’m gonna kill this guy, he’s high as heck. WRONG! The guy had me beat by 12.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like to me that the weed enhanced his play?

>

> While cannabis indica is a sedative or depressive, it's been used in several Guinness-record speed runs on a downhill skateboard. It reduces nerves and calms overt thoughts, which allows the users subconscious to take over and run by reflex. In a game as mental as golf, something that calms your inner monologue and promotes relaxation could certainly be construed as a performance enhancer.

Never helped my performance. I was in a dispensary last night. Just blows my mind that they sell primo bud in a store. Legally (per state law). Out in the open. $10 per gram.

$10 a ounce in Korea back in the mid 70's. Inflation sucks.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Live and let live boys.

Keep it civil. When you have seen a lot of things, you'll realize most of these won't matter , by tomorrow.

If nothing gets in the way of others, I consider they can do whatever they wish to their own life if, they won't use the common resources to correct the problem they may cause and they're not harming anyone else. No one live the same life and have the same experience, so like we had learned from the kindergarten ( hopefully ), accept the others.

And keep it to the main focus of the forum, please.

I have seen and heard enough outside of this forum , so would appreciate if I come here to soak in golf related matters.

Thanks.

> @Mikey5e said:

> So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

This is probably the most reasonable post in this thread. If the reason someone wants to use a controlled substance is for performance purposes (i.e. calming influence, pressure relief), it would seem that is should be disallowed. If not explicitly, at least implicitly under the Rules of Golf.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > $10 a ounce in Korea back in the mid 70's. Inflation sucks.

>

> I was paying $10 a gram in the early 80s for primo bud. $40 to $60 an ounce for the low quality stuff with seeds and stems and whatnot.

Get female seeds and grow your own seedless lettuce for free :)

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > >

> > > > Since political commentary is disallowed on this website, I will try to answer without treading into political territory. Whatever you believe the powers of the federal government should be, it is undeniable that current federal law, which supersedes state law, makes use of marijuana a crime. There is no grey area on this point. If the federal government wanted to, it could go into Colorado, for example, and shut down every single dispensary and charge the owners and operators with federal crimes. The fact that the federal government has not yet done so does not mean that the recreational use of marijuana is legal.

> > >

> > > Actually, as I understand it, under current law they cannot without violating the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment which prohibits the Justice Department from spending funds to interfere with the implementation of state medical cannabis laws.

> > >

> >

> > That's a misunderstanding of the amendment. It only prevents DOJ money from being spent to stop states (and not all of them) from implementing laws. It does not actually prevent the enforcement of federal laws.

>

> Exactly.

>

> In the examples above regarding a Mass course and why they won’t sell pot related products and or why are they stupid not to. My answer is this . How would you like to be the course that was seized by the DEA when ( not if ) the Feds decide they need a new revenue stream and decide to enforce the law? Once the opioid stream slows down , they will need a filler. Pot is the easiest target. And many will say “ oh now they won’t. They will have an uprising “. Yea right . If that was going to happen it would have been 40 years ago when the started locking people up for years for cannabis only offenses. People who are selling it out in the open are playing with fire. Like lose your life as you know it fire. Same thing happened with synthetics before they decided to ban / crack down on them. They let people run open legal tax paying businesses for years before popping by one day and seizing it all and locking you up. I’m taking your house , your family , all of it.

> @Mikey5e said:

> So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

Does it?

It can also cause restlessness, anxiety, elevated heart rate, drowsiness, lethargy, etc. it’s really hard to say “what” it does to “whom” and what kind of effect it has on golf performance.

My opinion is that if someone wants to play high or drunk go for it. If you get beat by them chances are they are better than you sober.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

It and alcohol should not be allowed in any real event. I know several guys who can putt out of their minds while buzzed.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Vindog said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > >

> > > > > Since political commentary is disallowed on this website, I will try to answer without treading into political territory. Whatever you believe the powers of the federal government should be, it is undeniable that current federal law, which supersedes state law, makes use of marijuana a crime. There is no grey area on this point. If the federal government wanted to, it could go into Colorado, for example, and shut down every single dispensary and charge the owners and operators with federal crimes. The fact that the federal government has not yet done so does not mean that the recreational use of marijuana is legal.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, as I understand it, under current law they cannot without violating the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment which prohibits the Justice Department from spending funds to interfere with the implementation of state medical cannabis laws.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's a misunderstanding of the amendment. It only prevents DOJ money from being spent to stop states (and not all of them) from implementing laws. It does not actually prevent the enforcement of federal laws.

> >

> > Exactly.

> >

> > In the examples above regarding a Mass course and why they won’t sell pot related products and or why are they stupid not to. My answer is this . How would you like to be the course that was seized by the DEA when ( not if ) the Feds decide they need a new revenue stream and decide to enforce the law? Once the opioid stream slows down , they will need a filler. Pot is the easiest target. And many will say “ oh now they won’t. They will have an uprising “. Yea right . If that was going to happen it would have been 40 years ago when the started locking people up for years for cannabis only offenses. People who are selling it out in the open are playing with fire. Like lose your life as you know it fire. Same thing happened with synthetics before they decided to ban / crack down on them. They let people run open legal tax paying businesses for years before popping by one day and seizing it all and locking you up. I’m taking your house , your family , all of it.

>

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

>

> Does it?

>

> It can also cause restlessness, anxiety, elevated heart rate, drowsiness, lethargy, etc. it’s really hard to say “what” it does to “whom” and what kind of effect it has on golf performance.

>

> My opinion is that if someone wants to play high or drunk go for it. If you get beat by them chances are they are better than you sober.

>

>

Presumably, though, the people that want to get high before a competitive round are not those that typically experience anxiety, lethargy, and/or drowsiness.

Yeah, it will be banned in competitive play. Reminds me of the early days of beta blockers, the ones that got through the blood brain barrier. Was pretty big on the tour. I remember a pro, I can see his face but not his name, holed out from the fairway on 18 at harbor town. They interviews him on TV. He said something like "whoopee" in subdued tones. He couldn't have cared less. They banned those, they'll ban weed.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @Dpavs said:

> > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Since political commentary is disallowed on this website, I will try to answer without treading into political territory. Whatever you believe the powers of the federal government should be, it is undeniable that current federal law, which supersedes state law, makes use of marijuana a crime. There is no grey area on this point. If the federal government wanted to, it could go into Colorado, for example, and shut down every single dispensary and charge the owners and operators with federal crimes. The fact that the federal government has not yet done so does not mean that the recreational use of marijuana is legal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually, as I understand it, under current law they cannot without violating the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment which prohibits the Justice Department from spending funds to interfere with the implementation of state medical cannabis laws.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That's a misunderstanding of the amendment. It only prevents DOJ money from being spent to stop states (and not all of them) from implementing laws. It does not actually prevent the enforcement of federal laws.

> > >

> > > Exactly.

> > >

> > > In the examples above regarding a Mass course and why they won’t sell pot related products and or why are they stupid not to. My answer is this . How would you like to be the course that was seized by the DEA when ( not if ) the Feds decide they need a new revenue stream and decide to enforce the law? Once the opioid stream slows down , they will need a filler. Pot is the easiest target. And many will say “ oh now they won’t. They will have an uprising “. Yea right . If that was going to happen it would have been 40 years ago when the started locking people up for years for cannabis only offenses. People who are selling it out in the open are playing with fire. Like lose your life as you know it fire. Same thing happened with synthetics before they decided to ban / crack down on them. They let people run open legal tax paying businesses for years before popping by one day and seizing it all and locking you up. I’m taking your house , your family , all of it.

> >

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> >

> > Does it?

> >

> > It can also cause restlessness, anxiety, elevated heart rate, drowsiness, lethargy, etc. it’s really hard to say “what” it does to “whom” and what kind of effect it has on golf performance.

> >

> > My opinion is that if someone wants to play high or drunk go for it. If you get beat by them chances are they are better than you sober.

> >

> >

>

> Presumably, though, the people that want to get high before a competitive round are not those that typically experience anxiety, lethargy, and/or drowsiness.

The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> @cxx said:

> Yeah, it will be banned in competitive play. Reminds me of the early days of beta blockers, the ones that got through the blood brain barrier. Was pretty big on the tour. I remember a pro, I can see his face but not his name, holed out from the fairway on 18 at harbor town. They interviews him on TV. He said something like "whoopee" in subdued tones. He couldn't have cared less. They banned those, they'll ban weed.

Thank goodness they haven’t banned it in my Monday night skins game. Whoopee.

> @southplains said:

> > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

>

Lol what? I doubt there’s a placebo effect from smoking weed versus wearing lucky socks. Potheads don’t smoke weed for a placebo it’s about getting high.

> @southplains said:

> > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

>

Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

Actually, I don't care for the modern high-thc designer stuff. I can barely walk after ingesting it and can't imagine trying to play golf in that state. I suppose some chronic users could develop a high tolerance to it, though. There is low-thc cannabis available that might provide a buzz equivalent to a couple of beers.

So, if/when the feds give up on prohibition and decriminalize it, I suppose the USGA , PGA, and LPGA might take it off their prohibited substances list? It would be interesting to see if top players then might use it as just another expensive accessory in their very competitive, cut-throat arena if they thought it might give them an edge. If so, I could see the big cannabis growers designing a blended strain to meet that demand.