Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > >Out in the open. $10 per gram.

> > Holy cow, $280 an ounce? It makes me pine for the olden days, when it was more like $20.

> >

> >

>

> The black market is a lot cheaper than $280.

And the corporate legal market is flooded with trash as well, and hyped up crap selling for $70 1/8th(cough cough Cookies) . Big corporate interests that are driven by profits over patients and don’t give a damn about quality.

Arizona is about to go legal now that global players have entered the game and surprise, they want to monopolize the local industry, and DO NOT ALLOW patients to grow their own ala many other legal states.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

The USGA is deferring to the PGA and LPGA policies for the two Open Championships. They defer to the International Golf Federation for the two Amateur Championships. Other USGA competitions are more vaguely referenced, but the overall tone seems to clearly prohibit cannabis and THC, whether or not state-approved for medical purposes. The IGF addresses cannabis CBD only educationally, but clearly prohibits cannabis THC. I can't find anything clearly stating Colorado or California golf association policies where the state approves it, but I doubt they would buck the USGA. That seems to remove all wiggle-room for typical medical marijuana users, unless they organized their own golf assocation and tournaments, specifically exempting cannabis. So the OP can tattle on the player with a clear conscience, I suppose, disregarding all inherent policy inconsistencies and flaws. The player can appeal without much hope of support.

Might as well go> @fore_life said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > >Out in the open. $10 per gram.

> > > Holy cow, $280 an ounce? It makes me pine for the olden days, when it was more like $20.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > The black market is a lot cheaper than $280.

>

> And the corporate legal market is flooded with trash as well, and hyped up crap selling for $70 1/8th(cough cough Cookies) . Big corporate interests that are driven by profits over patients and don’t give a **** about quality.

>

> Arizona is about to go legal now that global players have entered the game and surprise, they want to monopolize the local industry, and DO NOT ALLOW patients to grow their own ala many other legal states.

Big Marijuana. Like Big Tobacco. Lulz. Not lulz at you but lulz it’s a potential reality.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

>

> How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

Mental state ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Vindog said:

> Might as well go> @fore_life said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > >Out in the open. $10 per gram.

> > > > Holy cow, $280 an ounce? It makes me pine for the olden days, when it was more like $20.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > The black market is a lot cheaper than $280.

> >

> > And the corporate legal market is flooded with trash as well, and hyped up crap selling for $70 1/8th(cough cough Cookies) . Big corporate interests that are driven by profits over patients and don’t give a **** about quality.

> >

> > Arizona is about to go legal now that global players have entered the game and surprise, they want to monopolize the local industry, and DO NOT ALLOW patients to grow their own ala many other legal states.

>

> Big Marijuana. Like Big Tobacco. Lulz. Not lulz at you but lulz it’s a potential reality.

It’s much closer than you think

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> >

> > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

>

> Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

>

> Mental state ?

Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > >

> > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> >

> > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> >

> > Mental state ?

>

> Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

Like Maalox?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > >

> > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > >

> > > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> > >

> > > Mental state ?

> >

> > Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

>

> Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

> Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

> Like Maalox?

Stoner logic.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @southplains said:

> > > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> > It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

> >

>

> Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

And that brings us back to where we started. Why does usga feel the need thi get involved in this. EtOH ok, THC not ok. > @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > >

> > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > >

> > >

> > > Mental state ?

> >

>

> Like Maalox?

My mental state and performance on the golf course are improved when I don't have acid indigestion.

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @southplains said:

> > > > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> > > It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

> > >

> >

> > Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

>

> And that brings us back to where we started. Why does usga feel the need thi get involved in this. EtOH ok, THC not ok. > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > > >

> > > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > > >

> > > > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> > > >

> > > > Mental state ?

> > >

> > > Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

> >

> > Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

> > Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

> > Like Maalox?

>

> My mental state and performance on the golf course are improved when I don't have acid indigestion.

My mental state and performance are improved when I eat properly, hydrate properly, sleep properly, etc. Now please don't compare smoking M to the items I suggested, it just won't be respected. The outlandish analogies I sometimes read in here are disturbing.

• Like 1

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @southplains said:

> > > > > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> > > > It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

> >

> > And that brings us back to where we started. Why does usga feel the need thi get involved in this. EtOH ok, THC not ok. > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mental state ?

> > > >

> > > > Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

> > >

> > > Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

> > > Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

> > > Like Maalox?

> >

> > My mental state and performance on the golf course are improved when I don't have acid indigestion.

>

> My mental state and performance are improved when I eat properly, hydrate properly, sleep properly, etc. Now please don't compare smoking M to the items I suggested, it just won't be respected. The outlandish analogies I sometimes read in here are disturbing.

your narrow mindedness is disturbing.

> @jut111 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @southplains said:

> > > > > > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> > > > > It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

> > >

> > > And that brings us back to where we started. Why does usga feel the need thi get involved in this. EtOH ok, THC not ok. > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mental state ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

> > > >

> > > > Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

> > > > Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

> > > > Like Maalox?

> > >

> > > My mental state and performance on the golf course are improved when I don't have acid indigestion.

> >

> > My mental state and performance are improved when I eat properly, hydrate properly, sleep properly, etc. Now please don't compare smoking M to the items I suggested, it just won't be respected. The outlandish analogies I sometimes read in here are disturbing.

>

> your narrow mindedness is disturbing.

I tend to agree with him.

And I’ve seen more pot being dried in the kitchen oven , plants being grown in plain sight , and transported in plain sight than you can imagine. Meaning , I’m not from a square background with narrow minded experiences. I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now . Who’s to say if they might not have gone that way anyway. Maybe so. But .... if they hadn’t stayed stoned in high school and had finished maybe they don’t turn to harder stuff ? The attitude that pot is harmless and non habit forming is plain false. If it was for once in a while fun the market wouldn’t be blowing up now for it.

I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Mental state ?

> >

>

> Like Maalox?

I recall Rich Beam taking it to settle his stomach in 2002 when he won the PGA.

> @Mikey5e said:

> My mental state and performance are improved when I eat properly, hydrate properly, sleep properly, etc. Now please don't compare smoking M to the items I suggested, it just won't be respected. The outlandish analogies I sometimes read in here are disturbing.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it outlandish. Most drugs are performance-enhancing. Marijuana is no different.

> @bladehunter said:

> I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now .

I have a brother that started on pot and went on to manage his own business. Quite a success story.

> The attitude that pot is harmless and **non habit forming is plain false.**

The studies say otherwise, and I could give you a long list of anecdotes that show you are wrong. I know quite a few very successful businessmen, lawyers, and executives who have consumed pot for decades.

> I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

A huge number of substances "alter the mind". Do you also oppose asperin?

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now .

>

> I have a brother that started on pot and went on to manage his own business. Quite a success story.

>

> > The attitude that pot is harmless and **non habit forming is plain false.**

>

> The studies say otherwise, and I could give you a long list of anecdotes that show you are wrong. I know quite a few very successful businessmen, lawyers, and executives who have consumed pot for decades.

>

> > I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

>

> A huge number of substances "alter the mind". Do you also oppose asperin?

>

>

Lol. Aspirin is mind altering ? Eye roll.

Sure. Some people are also functioning alcoholics. Doesn’t excuse it really. It’s like an accident waiting for the right circumstances to happen.

I’m pretty sure I prefaced my opinion with the answer to your question. Which should have elevated the need for the “ my brother is a functioning pot smoker “ anecdote. Point being. One anecdote doesn’t trump another. Unless there’s an absolute involved. The absolute in these two is that if you remove the drug use , in that instance there ceases to be drug use to begin with. So to me at least it lessens ( not eliminates) the chance for stepping up to harder drugs later on.

All my opinion as I said. And the opinion of a guy who’s seen drug use from birth till the day I married and moved away. The only real point I was trying to make is that you don’t have to be narrow minded and ignorant to agree with the other guys stance.

People smoke pot because they get high ( exception being the people who truly need it for med reasons ) . The Brain likes being high. So it says “ let’s do that again “. This is when the habit starts. Sure it’s low level habit , comparable to caffeine or sugar. But it’s habit nonetheless. Otherwise it wouldn’t sell. But. The difference is the strength and effect. We’ve seen users in this thread describe the current strains as being strong enough to make it hard to walk etc. don’t you think that’s equal to alcohol ? As in shouldn’t be allowed on the job. Any job. Which brings us back to the thread point. Should pga players be drunk or high on course? Not in my opinion. Why ? Because of they are the people who are dependent on that substance it can actually be a performance enhancing dru

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now .

>

> I have a brother that started on pot and went on to manage his own business. Quite a success story.

>

>

> The studies say otherwise, and **I could give you a long list of anecdotes that show you are wrong. I know quite a few very successful businessmen, lawyers, and executives who have consumed pot for decades.**

>

> > I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

>

>

>

Your logic is amiss, and I do not think that "habit" means what you think it does. The fact that people have been doing it for decades would seem to prove that their use is habitual. Also, whether someone is successful is irrelevant to whether pot is harmless. I know plenty of very successful attorneys that use cocaine (yes, still).

Also, for every study you can cite to prove your point, I'm sure someone else can cite a contradictory study. For example, Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome ("CWS") has been a medically-recognized condition since at least 2013, when it was included in the DSM-5. As the name implies, CWS exists because marijuana is, in fact, habit-forming and people become addicted to it. Also, purely anecdotal evidence "proves" this point. I can think of a number of professional athletes that have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to suspensions for the use of marijuana. Maybe I'm close-minded, but the only reason I can imagine someone would risk hundreds of thousands of dollars to smoke pot is because they are addicted.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

>

>

> The studies say otherwise, and I could give you a long list of anecdotes that show you are wrong. I know quite a few very successful businessmen, lawyers, and executives who have consumed pot for decades.

>

>

>

>

Lol. Aspirin is mind altering ? Eye roll.

Sure. Some people are also functioning alcoholics. Doesn’t excuse it really. It’s like an accident waiting for the right circumstances to happen.

I’m pretty sure I prefaced my opinion with the answer to your question. Which should have elevated the need for the “ my brother is a functioning pot smoker “ anecdote. Point being. One anecdote doesn’t trump another. Unless there’s an absolute involved. The absolute in these two is that if you remove the drug use , in that instance there ceases to be drug use to begin with. So to me at least it lessens ( not eliminates) the chance for stepping up to harder drugs later on.

All my opinion as I said. And the opinion of a guy who’s seen drug use from birth till the day I married and moved away. The only real point I was trying to make is that you don’t have to be narrow minded and ignorant to agree with the other guys stance.

People smoke pot because they get high ( exception being the people who truly need it for med reasons ) . The Brain likes being high. So it says “ let’s do that again “. This is when the habit starts. Sure it’s low level habit , comparable to caffeine or sugar. But it’s habit nonetheless. Otherwise it wouldn’t sell. But. The difference is the strength and effect. We’ve seen users in this thread describe the current strains as being strong enough to make it hard to walk etc. don’t you think that’s equal to alcohol ? As in shouldn’t be allowed on the job. Any job. Which brings us back to the thread point. Should pga players be drunk or high on course? Not in my opinion. Why ? Because of they are the people who are dependent on that substance it can actually be a performance enhancing dru> @Philomathesq said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now .

> >

> > I have a brother that started on pot and went on to manage his own business. Quite a success story.

> >

> > > The attitude that pot is harmless and **non habit forming is plain false.**

> >

> > The studies say otherwise, and **I could give you a long list of anecdotes that show you are wrong. I know quite a few very successful businessmen, lawyers, and executives who have consumed pot for decades.**

> >

> > > I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

> >

> > A huge number of substances "alter the mind". Do you also oppose asperin?

> >

> >

>

> Your logic is amiss, and I do not think that "habit" means what you think it does. The fact that people have been doing it for decades would seem to prove that their use is habitual. Also, whether someone is successful is irrelevant to whether pot is harmless. I know plenty of very successful attorneys that use cocaine (yes, still).

>

> Also, for every study you can cite to prove your point, I'm sure someone else can cite a contradictory study. For example, Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome ("CWS") has been a medically-recognized condition since at least 2013, when it was included in the DSM-5. As the name implies, CWS exists because marijuana is, in fact, habit-forming and people become addicted to it. Also, purely anecdotal evidence "proves" this point. I can think of a number of professional athletes that have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to suspensions for the use of marijuana. Maybe I'm close-minded, but the only reason I can imagine someone would risk hundreds of thousands of dollars to smoke pot is because they are addicted.

Completely correct post. To disagree with this is really to throw logic out the window and to defend it with “ freedom of choice “argument , really is just proving that logic.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @southplains said:

> > I think the original op issue is really a matter for Tournament Committees to decide.

>

> and I think this is a big part of the problem, nobody has taken on the issue, or are afraid to.

That does not change who is responsible for making the decision(s). From the Official Guide:

__(9) Anti-Doping

The Terms of the Competition may require players to comply with an antidoping policy. It is a matter for the Committee to write and interpret its own anti-doping policy, although guidance in developing such a policy can usually be provided by the national governing body.__

As to marijuana, check the WADA list of banned substances.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jut111 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @southplains said:

> > > > > > > The guy I know who smokes does it because it DOES calm him down, he admits that.

> > > > > > It may simply be a placebo effect. It works for him because he believes it works. The same thing could apply to tobacco, beer, aspirin or lucky socks. The mind can be a powerful 15th club.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Just admit it, you like to smoke it and are grasping at straws to validate your desire. That's the only reason I can see for you making such an uneducated (sorry) reply. Yep, thc is a placebo drug.

> > > >

> > > > And that brings us back to where we started. Why does usga feel the need thi get involved in this. EtOH ok, THC not ok. > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > > > > So if M calms the nerves, relieves pressure, should it be allowed? I personally don't think so.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How about Maalox? Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maalox is a Schedule 1 drug ? Wut?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Mental state ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody said anything about schedule 1.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maalox is an antacid, isn't it, not a nerve relaxer?

> > > > > Quote: "Or dozens of other drugs that help with your nerves or mental state."

> > > > > Like Maalox?

> > > >

> > > > My mental state and performance on the golf course are improved when I don't have acid indigestion.

> > >

> > > My mental state and performance are improved when I eat properly, hydrate properly, sleep properly, etc. Now please don't compare smoking M to the items I suggested, it just won't be respected. The outlandish analogies I sometimes read in here are disturbing.

> >

> > your narrow mindedness is disturbing.

>

> I tend to agree with him.

>

> And I’ve seen more pot being dried in the kitchen oven , plants being grown in plain sight , and transported in plain sight than you can imagine. Meaning , I’m not from a square background with narrow minded experiences. I have two brothers who started on pot and one is a heroin addict and the other on pills now . Who’s to say if they might not have gone that way anyway. Maybe so. But .... if they hadn’t stayed stoned in high school and had finished maybe they don’t turn to harder stuff ? The attitude that pot is harmless and non habit forming is plain false. If it was for once in a while fun the market wouldn’t be blowing up now for it.

>

> I’m anti anything that Alters the mind. Personally. But within reason it Doesn’t bother me if someone else partakes in drugs or alcohol on their own dime. The issue comes when i have to be around it, compete against it , and or trust that person around my loved ones .

I respect your opinion. But the Usga is inconsistent with what's prohibited and what's not. > @Mikey5e said:

> > @southplains said:

> > I think the original op issue is really a matter for Tournament Committees to decide.

>

> and I think this is a big part of the problem, nobody has taken on the issue, or are afraid to.

Or it's not an issue important enough to worry about. You want the local club championship to issue rules on drugs? How would that be enforced? How are you going to justify a DQ for someone with a Rx from a physician for the drug he's accused of taking?

Sorry to thread jack but I have to comment on a side topic that doesn’t get talked about enough. Maalox is not performance enhancing. It does not give you an advantage but rather takes away a huge disadvantage. It’s designed to make you regular. No matter how much you drink, it won’t make you an all-star in the bathroom. Misinformation like Maalox being a performance enhancer is how things get unnecessarily banned. I swear I’m going to be so ticked off if the USGA bans Maalox, and I will blame this thread.