2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Medical Marijuana

Mikey5e

> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> >

> > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

>

> I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > >

> > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> >

> > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

>

> And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

Maybe you left out a sentence or two, but are you saying that you are OK with a guy drinking a little alcohol during a round because it calms his nerves? But applying a different stringency for M?

MJ doesn’t calm everyone’s nerves, for some it creates major anxiety and suppresses hunger. Others it makes them tired or hungry. My point one size does not fit all. If someone has a card for pain (none of the above) that does create a interesting topic for intellectual debate. We all realize the Federal Govt’s position making this moot. I know this will be the next statement made.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> >

> > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

>

> I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

Coming from a guy that smokes cigars while he plays.

> @Soloman1 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

>

> > No, because they compliment each other.

>

> "Wow, you look great tonight, wine."

>

> "Why thank you pot, you look good yourself..."

>

> :)

>

"And I'm not just saying that because I'm drunk"

"Wait...what were we just talking about?"

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > >

> > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> >

> > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

>

> And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

Although i personally don't use it or anything else for that matter while i play I have no issue with someone who casually plays the game. As for the PGA Tour I think if they allow nicotine and alcohol they should allow cannabis (if and when it becomes federally legal for rec use). But if they want to eliminate all 3 because they are PED's during play then that's fine with me as well.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > >

> > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > >

> > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> >

> > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

>

> Although i personally don't use it or anything else for that matter while i play I have no issue with someone who casually plays the game. As for the PGA Tour I think if they allow nicotine and alcohol they should allow cannabis (if and when it becomes federally legal for rec use). But if they want to eliminate all 3 because they are PED's during play then that's fine with me as well.

They are not for the great foreseeable future gonna be ok with weed period. Maybe never. They aren’t gonna let people drink and play. Always the whataboutism with the weed proponents. I don’t care what people do but if there’s rules saying you can’t do something and you decide to do it then just deal with the consequences or better yet just abide by the rules. If you don’t like them and want to get high get in another line of work/hobbies that allows it.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > > >

> > > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> > >

> > > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

> >

> > Although i personally don't use it or anything else for that matter while i play I have no issue with someone who casually plays the game. As for the PGA Tour I think if they allow nicotine and alcohol they should allow cannabis (if and when it becomes federally legal for rec use). But if they want to eliminate all 3 because they are PED's during play then that's fine with me as well.

>

> They are not for the great foreseeable future gonna be ok with weed period. Maybe never. They aren’t gonna let people drink and play. Always the whataboutism with the weed proponents. I don’t care what people do but if there’s rules saying you can’t do something and you decide to do it then just deal with the consequences or better yet just abide by the rules. If you don’t like them and want to get high get in another line of work/hobbies that allows it.

I don't disagree with you

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @BiggErn said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > > >

> > > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> > >

> > > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

> >

> > Although i personally don't use it or anything else for that matter while i play I have no issue with someone who casually plays the game. As for the PGA Tour I think if they allow nicotine and alcohol they should allow cannabis (if and when it becomes federally legal for rec use). But if they want to eliminate all 3 because they are PED's during play then that's fine with me as well.

>

> They are not for the great foreseeable future gonna be ok with weed period. Maybe never. They aren’t gonna let people drink and play. Always the whataboutism with the weed proponents. I don’t care what people do but if there’s rules saying you can’t do something and you decide to do it then just deal with the consequences or better yet just abide by the rules. If you don’t like them and want to get high get in another line of work/hobbies that allows it.

Sometimes rules are 100% arbitrary and are not backed by any kind of research or factual knowledge at all. Especially when it comes to PEDs and the WADA, and the IOC. But then again I am not a tour player so why do I even care about that.

So you are playing in a small potatoes tournament with no committee statement. Would you care that people are drinking bloody mary's or hitting a vape cartridge?

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

> @Vindog said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> > > >

> > > > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

> > >

> > > Although i personally don't use it or anything else for that matter while i play I have no issue with someone who casually plays the game. As for the PGA Tour I think if they allow nicotine and alcohol they should allow cannabis (if and when it becomes federally legal for rec use). But if they want to eliminate all 3 because they are PED's during play then that's fine with me as well.

> >

> > They are not for the great foreseeable future gonna be ok with weed period. Maybe never. They aren’t gonna let people drink and play. Always the whataboutism with the weed proponents. I don’t care what people do but if there’s rules saying you can’t do something and you decide to do it then just deal with the consequences or better yet just abide by the rules. If you don’t like them and want to get high get in another line of work/hobbies that allows it.

>

> Sometimes rules are 100% arbitrary and are not backed by any kind of research or factual knowledge at all. Especially when it comes to PEDs and the WADA, and the IOC. But then again I am not a tour player so why do I even care about that.

>

> So you are playing in a small potatoes tournament with no committee statement. Would you care that people are drinking bloody mary's or hitting a vape cartridge?

>

>

>

>

I certainly wouldn't care. The thing is, the performance enhancing qualities are very questionable, subjective, and likely psychological case-by-case. Some people play better golf with a couple of beers in them, many play worse. Same with MJ. Some people get increased anxiety and paranoia from it, (nothing performance enhancing about that), while it may be calming/soothing for others. I just don't think either alcohol or MJ meet the definition of "performance enhancing" like substances such as EPO, anabolic steroids, growth hormone, blood doping, etc.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @Mikey5e said:>

But the point is that marijuana isn't the only drug that "calms the nerves and relieves pressure". So why outlaw MJ but not all the others?

• Like 2

> @bulls9999 said:

> I know... I know policemen that say arresting a person high on pot is so nice, he'll even fill out his own arrest forms if you'd let him, while arresting someone who is drunk is messy, beligerant, and may puke in the patrol car. But most people don't drink during the day or during their job, but potheads would be more prone to do it throughout the day, and that scares me to have that many people going around high during the day.

Do you drink alcohol at all? If so, using your logic you are a drunk.

BTW, I know lots of people who consume MJ and I've never known any of them to consume during the day and drive around or go to work.

> @BiggErn said:>

I don't think anybody is advocating violating the rules. What some of us are pointing out is the inconsistency of the rules and that some are rather arbitrary.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:>

> > And this is really the main point of my opening post, this aspect of smoking marijuana. The fact that it calms the nerves in many to relieve the pressure the game offers. This has nothing to do with any other drug, just marijuana. There are so many analogies in here that really don't apply or are outlandish, that it is very disturbing.

>

> But the point is that marijuana isn't the only drug that "calms the nerves and relieves pressure". So why outlaw MJ but not all the others?

WADA has a long list of prohibited drugs that "calm the nerves and relieve pressure". Take a look at the list of beta blockers. They were abused by golfers in the early days and are now prohibited for golf and other precision sports, like shooting and archery.

The PGA tour has an alcohol policy that restricts its use. Most of the bases are covered.

> @bulls9999 said:

> I know... I know policemen that say arresting a person high on pot is so nice, he'll even fill out his own arrest forms if you'd let him, while arresting someone who is drunk is messy, beligerant, and may puke in the patrol car. But most people don't drink during the day or during their job, but potheads would be more prone to do it throughout the day, and that scares me to have that many people going around high during the day. Is there an easy 'breathalizer' test that can detect someone on pot?

> > @J13 said:

> > > @bulls9999 said:

> > > The world is surely going to pot..... article in this weekend's paper in our small college town of 50,000 people that we have 35 medical marijuana dispensaries. That's about 3x more than the number of pharmacies we have and more than the number of gas stations we have. What are all these people using pot for? under an illegal pretense of pain? These are probably going to be the next opoid-pill issue where they find out that more prescriptions have been given out for more than the local population, just like they started looking and found numerous doctors prescribing millions of opoid pills.

> > >

> > > Oh yea, in the same paper was an article that law was passed in our state that females are now allowed to go topless in public spaces. Hmmmm.

> > >

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > What are the USGA rules on medical marijuana while competing in a tournament? I know of an individual who does this on a regular basis while playing to relieve stress, and wonder if he is breaking the rules?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Lets hope they stop prescribing lethal opoids and prescribe more pot. But it's really a moot point as pot should be legal for recreational use just like alcohol. Imagine how many prescriptions would be written if you needed one for a six pack or bottle of wine.

>

>

You obviously do not know any alcoholics. To think less people drink during the day than smoke pot is naive at best.

• Like 1

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bulls9999 said:

> > I know... I know policemen that say arresting a person high on pot is so nice, he'll even fill out his own arrest forms if you'd let him, while arresting someone who is drunk is messy, beligerant, and may puke in the patrol car. But most people don't drink during the day or during their job, but potheads would be more prone to do it throughout the day, and that scares me to have that many people going around high during the day. Is there an easy 'breathalizer' test that can detect someone on pot?

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @bulls9999 said:

> > > > The world is surely going to pot..... article in this weekend's paper in our small college town of 50,000 people that we have 35 medical marijuana dispensaries. That's about 3x more than the number of pharmacies we have and more than the number of gas stations we have. What are all these people using pot for? under an illegal pretense of pain? These are probably going to be the next opoid-pill issue where they find out that more prescriptions have been given out for more than the local population, just like they started looking and found numerous doctors prescribing millions of opoid pills.

> > > >

> > > > Oh yea, in the same paper was an article that law was passed in our state that females are now allowed to go topless in public spaces. Hmmmm.

> > > >

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > What are the USGA rules on medical marijuana while competing in a tournament? I know of an individual who does this on a regular basis while playing to relieve stress, and wonder if he is breaking the rules?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Lets hope they stop prescribing lethal opoids and prescribe more pot. But it's really a moot point as pot should be legal for recreational use just like alcohol. Imagine how many prescriptions would be written if you needed one for a six pack or bottle of wine.

> >

> >

>

> You obviously do not know any alcoholics. To think less people drink during the day than smoke pot is naive at best.

I don't think accept/reject of M should be based on any aspect besides how it affects golfers performance while competing. Comparing it to alcohol, maalox, caffeine, etc is deceptive.

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @bulls9999 said:

> > > I know... I know policemen that say arresting a person high on pot is so nice, he'll even fill out his own arrest forms if you'd let him, while arresting someone who is drunk is messy, beligerant, and may puke in the patrol car. But most people don't drink during the day or during their job, but potheads would be more prone to do it throughout the day, and that scares me to have that many people going around high during the day. Is there an easy 'breathalizer' test that can detect someone on pot?

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @bulls9999 said:

> > > > > The world is surely going to pot..... article in this weekend's paper in our small college town of 50,000 people that we have 35 medical marijuana dispensaries. That's about 3x more than the number of pharmacies we have and more than the number of gas stations we have. What are all these people using pot for? under an illegal pretense of pain? These are probably going to be the next opoid-pill issue where they find out that more prescriptions have been given out for more than the local population, just like they started looking and found numerous doctors prescribing millions of opoid pills.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh yea, in the same paper was an article that law was passed in our state that females are now allowed to go topless in public spaces. Hmmmm.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > > What are the USGA rules on medical marijuana while competing in a tournament? I know of an individual who does this on a regular basis while playing to relieve stress, and wonder if he is breaking the rules?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Lets hope they stop prescribing lethal opoids and prescribe more pot. But it's really a moot point as pot should be legal for recreational use just like alcohol. Imagine how many prescriptions would be written if you needed one for a six pack or bottle of wine.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You obviously do not know any alcoholics. To think less people drink during the day than smoke pot is naive at best.

>

> I don't think accept/reject of M should be based on any aspect besides how it affects golfers performance while competing. Comparing it to alcohol, maalox, caffeine, etc is deceptive.

My post wasn’t in regards to accepting/rejecting Mj in terms of golf, I was responding to someone who claimed people were less likely to day drink than smoke during the day.

But to your point, if MJ should be banned based on perceived performance advantage of relaxing/calming nerves, then you absolutely have to include alcohol in that conversation. Nothing deceptive about that all.

Sports will make their own rules, it's their league. Of course, someone, someday will no doubt sue, but until then just have to do without or be covert.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> >

>

I don't drink any form of alcohol during any competition or sport and won't support drugs or alcohol used by anyone in a "competition." Fact, nobody worth their salt uses drugs to control stress; they use self-control and exercise. If someone enjoys a drink during a casual round of golf that's up to them. I grew up with an alcoholic so I won't tolerate a drunk and if someone pulls a joint out they will hear from me and if need be so will the pro shop. Marijuana or illegal drugs are not allowed on my property. I am fine with cigarettes and vaping on the patio "only." And my bar is filled with single malts for sipping only.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

pepper had you invested in cannibus then you’d be able to buy like 30 more fast cars. What an old fart you are, all these young urbanites smoking the reefer, causing general chaos and destruction wherever they pass!! Oh the humanity!!!

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > >

> >

>

> I don't drink any form of alcohol during any competition or sport and won't support drugs or alcohol used by anyone in a "competition." Fact, nobody worth their salt uses drugs to control stress; they use self-control and exercise. If someone enjoys a drink during a casual round of golf that's up to them. I grew up with an alcoholic so I won't tolerate a drunk and if someone pulls a joint out they will hear from me and if need be so will the pro shop. Marijuana or illegal drugs are not allowed on my property. I am fine with cigarettes and vaping on the patio "only." And my bar is filled with single malts for sipping only.

I thought you used nicotine while you played?

• Like 1

> @Mikey5e said:

> I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

> @Vindog said:

>

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

>

>

> It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

>

> Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

>

> And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

>

>

Not really. Showing in the system is enough in itself just ask 99% of all employers. Drink a few beers today and be involved in an accident tomorrow with someone who smoked at the same time. Who’s gonna be at fault if there’s injuries and blood is drawn? Your whataboutism is overplayed and irrelevant.

Rather than “ask so and so” how many of you actually have personal experience? It always seems that the people who are so adamantly against have no personal experiences,and no empathy, and imo, not a leg to stand on.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @BiggErn said:

> > @Vindog said:

> >

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> >

> >

> > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> >

> > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> >

> > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> >

> >

>

> Not really. Showing in the system is enough in itself just ask 99% of all employers. Drink a few beers today and be involved in an accident tomorrow with someone who smoked at the same time. Who’s gonna be at fault if there’s injuries and blood is drawn? Your whataboutism is overplayed and irrelevant.

At the OP's request, I'm trying to stick with Medical MJ and golf tournaments, so try and do the same please.

I just don't see how a person smoking 4 days ago is performance enhancing to that player in a tournament today.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > The above poster makes a strong point when talking about the limited number of people with legit authority to use medical marijuana. I now know at least ten people that use marijuana claiming it's for medical purposes, yet they won't go to a doctor to get actual approval because they know it's not likely any honest MD will approve. They do it because they live in liberal CA.

> > > >

> > > > Someone using marijuana to manage stress during a legitimate tournament IMO is wrong and should face consequences. Stress is part of a competition which each of us has to manage without the help of drugs, legal or otherwise. I won't get into the fact my all tour standards, it's illegal, and likely not an acceptable practice at any legitimate golf club event.

> > >

> > > I've never liked consuming anything during golf, just not my thing but do you feel the same way about alcohol? It's used by many as a way to settle the nerves during a round. I"m assuming you feel that should be illegal during play?

> >

> > I don't drink any form of alcohol during any competition or sport and won't support drugs or alcohol used by anyone in a "competition." Fact, nobody worth their salt uses drugs to control stress; they use self-control and exercise. If someone enjoys a drink during a casual round of golf that's up to them. I grew up with an alcoholic so I won't tolerate a drunk and if someone pulls a joint out they will hear from me and if need be so will the pro shop. Marijuana or illegal drugs are not allowed on my property. I am fine with cigarettes and vaping on the patio "only." And my bar is filled with single malts for sipping only.

>

> I thought you used nicotine while you played?

You thought??? I understand. Drop-outs are not known for critical reasoning. LOL

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @Vindog said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @Vindog said:

> > >

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > >

> > >

> > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > >

> > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > >

> > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not really. Showing in the system is enough in itself just ask 99% of all employers. Drink a few beers today and be involved in an accident tomorrow with someone who smoked at the same time. Who’s gonna be at fault if there’s injuries and blood is drawn? Your whataboutism is overplayed and irrelevant.

>

>

>

> At the OP's request, I'm trying to stick with Medical MJ and golf tournaments, so try and do the same please.

>

> I just don't see how a person smoking 4 days ago is performance enhancing to that player in a tournament today.

Except you can’t just claim to smoke for medical purposes without licensed medical approval. If you don’t have the medical approval it’s just smoking to get high and I doubt any sport’s governing body is gonna be cool with either.

• Like 1

> @Vindog said:

>

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

>

>

> It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

>

> Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

>

> And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

>

>

Drug testing isn't fully understood yet. The cycling profession is fighting with it, still. Like anything, though, with time and clarity enforcement boundaries become clear. Just like in the states where marijuana is legal, they are finding ways to enforce its use, where it can and cannot be purchased, and when it shouldn't be used, like not behind the wheel.

Why testing? Whether use was yesterday, this morning or in the locker room before teeing off, the PGA and other tour rules regarding drugs are based on what the Federal Gov't stipulates as illegal. Citizens don't need to conduct a study to say something is illegal or wrong and using it is wrong.

I am connected to the medical profession, as a result, reports are slowly coming forth saying long and short term studies are showing the drug’s adverse effects, both acute and chronic with chronic showing serious issues as a result of extended use of the more powerful clinical marijuana. Check this link- [https://is.gd/gp6XOk] Soon the truth will be known. Derivatives may still have value but the random use of clinical marijuana will see changes.

Anyhow, when it was discovered that some PGA tour players were using cocaine they were not using during the tournament. The drug test showed them to still have the drug in their system, had nothing to do with when they used, least that's my understanding.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

> @BiggErn said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > @Vindog said:

> > > >

> > > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > > I imagine that, besides professional tournaments, there isn't any testing being done, leaving the door wide open for most others competition for m smokers to do as they wish, because who can stop them? Abusers will be abusers!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's true. As mentioned in my first post, this represents an enforcement problem for everyone else except for the pro tours and probably college events. Now for the next questions.

> > > >

> > > > Why SHOULD there be testing done? A positive test can only show MJ in the system, but it can't show recency as MJ stays in your system for so long. Testing would show nothing. All a committee can do is watch for use before and during the event.

> > > >

> > > > And finally, Why should "they" be stopped? Have you conducted a study or metastudy of the effect of MJ on your FC's? If not then you are just stating non-facts, and the perceived enhancement of Medial MJ are just as valid, or invalid, as other things like alcohol, or another anti anxiety med or even ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not really. Showing in the system is enough in itself just ask 99% of all employers. Drink a few beers today and be involved in an accident tomorrow with someone who smoked at the same time. Who’s gonna be at fault if there’s injuries and blood is drawn? Your whataboutism is overplayed and irrelevant.

> >

> >

> >

> > At the OP's request, I'm trying to stick with Medical MJ and golf tournaments, so try and do the same please.

> >

> > I just don't see how a person smoking 4 days ago is performance enhancing to that player in a tournament today.

>

> Except you can’t just claim to smoke for medical purposes without licensed medical approval. If you don’t have the medical approval it’s just smoking to get high and I doubt any sport’s governing body is gonna be cool with either.

Well that's exactly what the OP asked about: a supposed licensed patient in a medical MJ State. It was in that context that I brought up other anti anxiety meds and the like and their allowed use (depending) in tournaments.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip