2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New GHIN website and app

My home course is now listed as 67-72-71-71 from front to back tees.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

@Shilgy - Do you know if others at your clubs are in the same situation? I remember many moons ago (maybe 5 years now) my index would end up zeroed/NHed at the start of the year and then on the 15th revision date it would come in. I think it was something to do with my club maybe tripping the flag for the members that they were in for that year.
All your scores are still listed, so it's not like they are not there to do the calculation of off. Hope it gets sorted for you soon :-)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I believe so.... But some cannot even get into the app

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

As of this morning the tee's for my course have had the Par corrected to 70 and the Course Handicap results are as I was originally expecting. It would be interesting to see if courses that actually do have different pars for some tees are getting the Par - Par adjustment if having players on tees with different pars.

For some reason I'm getting emails from the Texas GA. Apparently their members can post scores using the website, but not on the app, and hole by hole doesn't work for them yet. It appears that a lot of these things vary between one state Association to another. Here in Virginia things appear to be functioning properly, although I haven't played, so I have no scores to enter.

I was going to contact our state association, but given I can't play until spring anyway I figured they are probably getting enough useless calls, lol. Then again to be fair, I suppose there could be folks who are snow birds or on trips for whom it is an issue and obviously for those of you elsewhere who can or have the possibility of posting scores right now and in the coming weeks it's a real issue and watching with interest.

I'm guessing by March the glitches should be worked out, but that's just a selfish assessment. ;-)

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread, but I am confused.

Went to GHIN.com, logged in, and saw that my December 16.6 index dropped to 16.5. Fine so far.

I went to "Course Handicap Calculator" and selected my home course, and checked my course handicap from the two tees I most often play. The specs for the tees were accurately represented, but my CH from both is listed as 19. I don't get that math.

Blue tees are 127/71.1 on a par 72 course. So I'm going 16.5 X 127 divided by 113 = 18.5442 . . . 71.1 - 72 = -0.9 . . . and 18.5442 less 0.9 comes to 17.644 (which I assume should be rounded to 18).

A similar error on the 123/69.6 par 72 white tees, where the above formula yields 15.56 rounded to 16, but my CH is also listed as 19 for the white tees.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this simple calculation by the system inaccurate?

When did you do this check? Up through yesterday afternoon, many courses were listing Par as different for each tee. The system had apparently looked at the yardage and "assigned" par in accordance with the Appendix E yardages from the Handicap Rules. If so, that CR-Par) number that you calculated using the "scorecard" par 72 might have been done differently, producing the "error". This morning it appears that, for the courses I've checked, that par has been restored to its original values, and the calculations appear to work right for me.

• Like 1

I made the calculation late yesterday, and was confused. I did it again today just before posting to make sure I hadn't done something wrong, and got the same confusing results.

Edit: I just went back and checked to see what the presented "par" numbers were on the site, and you're right, they are wrong. The whites are listed as 69, and the blues as 71, and that seems to be the discrepancy. I don't recall where you live, Dave, but perhaps they are appropriately concentrating on courses that have an active handicap season going. (Though my course, out of season and very cold, can still host a match to two!)

I just used the USGA Calculator Course Handicap™ Calculator and verified your calculations, so something within GHIN isn't working correctly. It WOULD give the results you saw if the course "Par" was 71 and 69 from the tees you used. That's why I was asking. And knowing your normal thoroughness, I'm sure you made sure that the listed par was 72 from both tees.

• Like 1

Yes, when I use their incorrect par listings, my math works fine. My mistake was simply scanning the stats to see that the slope/ratings for each tee was that which I remembered, and not bothering to look at their new, incorrect par listing. I wrote to GHIN to alert them.

Thanks for your help, folks.

Not sure if what I saw is same you’re describing or not. But yesterday it listed me as a CH of 3. Today it’s a CH of 1. ( see pics.

798KNENMP7W3.png

LWQ6038I53WP.png

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Same issue we had at my club which has now been resolved. Par was listed incorrectly which messes up the calculation. Slowly-very slowly, the Arizona GA is getting all of our members back into the system.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Did anyone say whether or not a particular state, or even a particular course, was required to load up the h-b-h info ?

Perhaps there will be courses, possibly even entire states, that won't ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I know right!

Playing tomorow. Plan to shoot a low one in the warm weather. Might see + by Monday ! ( total sarcasm to my fans out there who have no meter ). ?‍♂️

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My understanding is that all state/regional associations requested course data from each member club prior to Jan 1. I think it was always supposed to be there, but some clubs were less compliant than others. Our club handicap admin mentioned that she had received a request for that information. I assume she sent it in. She had mentioned previously that the info had been submitted years ago as well, but as long as I have been here, HbH posting was unavailable.

I checked some random courses in our state and neighboring state - no hole by hole available on every course I checked. Maybe it's because there is no posting right now and they figure they have time to deal with it, maybe just adjusting. As I've said, lucky to have the time to wait and see. But interesting our association hasn't sent out anything by way of any message or notice about the issue.

This almost sounds like someone who got a notice in the mail from their association, thought "We did that a long time ago" and promptly threw the notice in the garbage. Probably has no idea there's such a thing as a WHS.

Although how a "Handicap Admin" couldn't know that is beyond me.Certainly could be that they know you're not in season and so put it off for a while.

Now Florida is, of course, year 'round and when I looked at all of mine a few days ago none of them had h-b-h. Looking just now a couple of them do and a couple of them don't.

Titleist Pro V1X

For all you software engineers out there, how come HbH was available on the previous GHIN website but is not universally available on the new GHIN website? What's the big glitch? I'm still waiting for my scores from last Wednesday's local association round to post. Used to be same day. It would be faster for the association to let us post Total Scores individually.

The old system had you enter hbh AFTER ESC was applied (by you) as it didn't(?) handle ESC adjustments.

The new system handles the new NDB adjustment but it needs the scorecards with the assigned handicap/stroke holes before it can correctly apply NDB. So, if the course/association didn't upload the stroke holes the new system will refuse hbh.

Your association should now be posting its golfers scores daily. You should contact them if a score is missing.

Titleist Pro V1X