2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Any car enthusiasts around here?

HackDaddy360

20 hours ago, jholz said:

Those old Civics were money

si.jpg.f48c9e5aa253acde6f8ffe5e0e9d154f.jpg

This is my 3rd Si bubble back. Bought a new one in '92 drove it for 20 years. 2nd one was low mileage but idiot lady totaled it for me 6 weeks after buying it. My daughter drove this one  from HS to college graduation. This has low mileage (120K) has a rusty outskirts and has engine issues but it's a resto project that will get done. Light grippy wheels make these real fun to drive. Have a blower for a rebuild too.

• Like 3

My gear head nephew had a Crown Vic that he outfitted with a nitrous oxide system.  Used it to run overnight RoadRally's in with his pals. Kid just opened his third repair shop location. 

• Like 1

Driver - Nike Covert VS 

3W- TaylorMade R7

7W- Hippo Final decision 21deg

Irons- 5-PW Custom fitted System 3000 Tour Hot Forged w steel shafts

Cleveland 588RTX 48deg

SW- Cleveland CG12 56deg

Putter- Ping Asner3 w std grip

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Absolutely on the short list of the best all around automobile ever made.  

I've had it for about 4 years now. It's a retired government unit from California, now about 120,000 miles on it. Runs smooth, ZERO leaks. The original seating was unacceptable to me, I stripped it all out. Found a FL guy on eBay who sells complete arrangements he pulls out of Panther platforms. I purchased and had him ship out to AZ a minty, cloth, front and back set from a VERY low mileage but wrecked '05 Mercury Grand Marquis. I installed them all myself and figured out a wiring harness solution to get the power driver's seat fully electrified. They, are, perfect...

20210119_140238.jpg.2ffce58b0380b37277abae956d3d9fee.jpg20210119_140347.jpg.205821fd2cc20f17e33a9b5e8772fbf3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wooley12 said:

My gear head nephew had a Crown Vic that he outfitted with a nitrous oxide system.  Used it to run overnight RoadRally's in with his pals. Kid just opened his third repair shop location. 

They are great cheap"ish" cars to work on! Mine is hardly a racer, just a cruiser the few days a month I drive it. Car runs good. My friend is a Ford Master Certified Tech (in transmissions, which makes him literally priceless), and the dude has a shop, with a lift, at his house. So we racked it and I did the needed things... new Motorcraft shocks on all four corners, sway bar end links and bushings, upper and lower ball joints, tie rods ends, new idler arm. new coolant, brake fluid flush. And I helped him with another car he was working on, so he eventually did a complete rebuild on the 4R70W for me...

20201008_181036.jpg.047fb04199cfa827e629d578a68c1ec9.jpg20201008_181737.jpg.de25c48a35f7f8d8be8a67d7fdae0075.jpg

Edited by Kenny Lee Puckett
  • Like 2

Slick!! Before I moved I had a gearhead neighbor for 30 years. Had 3 kinds of welders a tire changer, Bridgeport mill, yadda yadda and the talent to use them. Every neighborhood should have a neighbor like that. 

• Like 1

Driver - Nike Covert VS 

3W- TaylorMade R7

7W- Hippo Final decision 21deg

Irons- 5-PW Custom fitted System 3000 Tour Hot Forged w steel shafts

Cleveland 588RTX 48deg

SW- Cleveland CG12 56deg

Putter- Ping Asner3 w std grip

21 hours ago, Nard_S said:

This is my 3rd Si bubble back. Bought a new one in '92 drove it for 20 years. 2nd one was low mileage but idiot lady totaled it for me 6 weeks after buying it. My daughter drove this one  from HS to college graduation. This has low mileage (120K) has a rusty outskirts and has engine issues but it's a resto project that will get done. Light grippy wheels make these real fun to drive. Have a blower for a rebuild too.

Ain't real if it ain't teal! Heres my old track car... 93 Si

No, that's not how it was strapped down. It was for a joke some long time ago in a track forum... something like pulling the engine like pulling a tooth, strapping it down and backing up IIRC. (And also, that's a Subaru Baja Turbo behind it... fun to see that other companies are figuring it out these days, yet subaru isn't. THey could make a wilderness version of the Baja and it would FLY off the lots). 

1931162_33213173749_6410_n.jpg

Edited by Imp
  • Like 1

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

1 hour ago, Imp said:

Ain't real if it ain't teal! Heres my old track car... 93 Si

No, that's not how it was strapped down. It was for a joke some long time ago in a track forum... something like pulling the engine like pulling a tooth, strapping it down and backing up IIRC. (And also, that's a Subaru Baja Turbo behind it... fun to see that other companies are figuring it out these days, yet subaru isn't. THey could make a wilderness version of the Baja and it would FLY off the lots). 

1931162_33213173749_6410_n.jpg

See you're in MA/RI. Bought a minty black Si in Fall River, that had 60k, still annoyed that was lost so quick.

Edited by Nard_S
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Nard_S said:

We had a 1988 Honda Civic hatchback that I purchased new. It was going to be an economical daily driver for my wife. We liked it enough that it wound up being our "go to" transportation. It was tougher than an Abrams tank and nearly indestructible. It wound up going to our oldest daughter and she drove it like it was stolen. It just kept running. The only repair I remember was having to change CV boots after they took it "mudding" repeatedly. It was totaled in a crash, no one injured, or I believe it would still be running.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

We had a 1988 Honda Civic hatchback that I purchased new. It was going to be an economical daily driver for my wife. We liked it enough that it wound up being our "go to" transportation. It was tougher than an Abrams tank and nearly indestructible. It wound up going to our oldest daughter and she drove it like it was stolen. It just kept running. The only repair I remember was having to change CV boots after they took it "mudding" repeatedly. It was totaled in a crash, no one injured, or I believe it would still be running.

1st one, a 92, black, went to 195K with little trouble. same clutch too.  Engine ran better as it got older. Beat the hell out of it too, would do 90 in early a.m. commutes. Was rear ended and lost it. Honda of those vintages, late 80's early 90's were wonderful cars.

My red one, have to tighten the sheet metal but a big goal is a killer suspension, reinforced chassis with light grippy sneakers. All done in sleeper look. Then whatever engine ends up in it will be a go-kart.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nard_S said:

See you're in MA/RI. Bought a minty black Si in Fall River, that had 60k, still annoyed that was lost so quick.

I'm on the other side of the longest bridge in the world. Flushed 3w distance from it. 

• Like 1

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

On 4/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, Nard_S said:

I had an EG hatch back in the day... shipped over a B16A2 and did a pretty full build on it, thinking I was going to race it.  Lol... so funny what I thought was fast as a kid.  170'ish hp in a 2300'ish lb car was fun for the times but minivans smoke it now.

1 hour ago, Kmagnuss said:

I had an EG hatch back in the day... shipped over a B16A2 and did a pretty full build on it, thinking I was going to race it.  Lol... so funny what I thought was fast as a kid.  170'ish hp in a 2300'ish lb car was fun for the times but minivans smoke it now.

Agree. I always loved the zippy nature this car.  Great wheels/tires do a lot. Steel wheels are criminal. I want to take handling to next level with suspension & chassis mods. More capable but still civilized. Offline or top speed, not priority. The V-tec kicking in is lots of fun though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, Nard_S said:

The V-tec kicking in is lots of fun though.

Sure. It's even better when the vtec kicks in on an engine that's not transverse, in a tunnel, running up to 9k rpms, top down and right wheel drive. But that's just me. 

3545002776_fdff57f438_o.jpg

Edited by Imp
  • Like 1

I just picked up our E63s from having Expel Stealth PPF put on it. It's been a garage queen, but, somehow winds up with a new scratch or chip every time I take it for a drive. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem. I'm OCD and the Lunar Blue Metallic paint shows every little mark.

20230503_102021 (1).jpg

20230503_102014 (1).jpg

20230503_102000.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were in Highlands, NC the last few days for the Motoring Festival. Good weather, compared to Memorial Day weekend in Pinehurst for theirs. The number of cars for the Concours has dropped due to parking limitations, so a little disappointing. Here are a few pics of Ferrari's.

20230610_112020.jpg

20230610_111941.jpg

20230610_111811.jpg

20230610_111839.jpg

• Like 2

Oh hi! After far too long without a 6 speed 2 seater ... got back into it last Friday.

IMG_1212.jpeg.7a3d3ec920169e225798da14ed55d916.jpeg

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

30 minutes ago, Mrgreen36 said:

I have a goal of owning a porsche in the next 5 years. I'd be happy with the least popular 996. I want to drive it every single day. 

996 gets a lot of hate because really .. wrong headlamps and the Ford Taurus like interior aside ... it had to follow the amazing 993. 

Porsche-911-993-The-Story-770x433.jpeg.51c4a3f79ecac03cf222b9b5b75b3d3f.jpeg

My feel is that it's like if your first daughter is a supermodel and your second is ... kinda ugly. You still love her and she has all the amazing guts ... you just wish she was just a little bit prettier. 

This just means you can get a 996 turbo on the cheap and drive it like a madman. 

Edited by aenemated

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

8 minutes ago, aenemated said:

996 gets a lot of hate because really .. wrong headlamps and the Ford Taurus like interior aside ... it had to follow the amazing 993. 

My feel is that it's like if your first daughter is a supermodel and your second is ... kinda ugly. You still love her and she has all the amazing guts ... you just wish she was just a little bit prettier. 

This just means you can get a 996 turbo on the cheap and drive it like a madman. 

Exactly, they are dirt cheap. I mean an older targa would be sweet, but I want something I'm not afraid to drive, rack up miles on and kill any value. Plus they look easy enough to work on myself. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aenemated said:

Not any more. 🙁🙁🙁

A NA 996 is still a decent bargain, but the Turbos have (justifiably!) been rediscovered, and I haven’t been able to find a deal. Too bad, but a non-turbo 996 is still a damn nice car, especially if you find one with the full leather interior. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

18 hours ago, aenemated said:

996 gets a lot of hate?! I didn’t know that! I should pick one up. Add one more thing to the list of things I get hated on for! 😆 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TiScape said:

996 gets a lot of hate?! I didn’t know that! I should pick one up. Add one more thing to the list of things I get hated on for! 😆 

In Cali driving my 996 w/the ‘My other car is a Bimmer’ plate bracket, while wearin’ joggers and Nikes!!! I’d quite honestly be frightened to add a hoodie to that mix!! 
🤣

3 hours ago, mshills said:

Not any more. 🙁🙁🙁

A NA 996 is still a decent bargain, but the Turbos have (justifiably!) been rediscovered, and I haven’t been able to find a deal. Too bad, but a non-turbo 996 is still a damn nice car, especially if you find one with the full leather interior. 

I know this is blasphemy to 911 guys, but the Panamera's are beautiful cars to me too, I'm kind of a sucker for large sedans. 

Porsche got kind of crazy with all the different models in the last 15 to 20 years. 

Heck, I think the Caymens are beautiful cars as well. 

• Like 3

Tell the Porsche purists the company would be out of ####ing business if they hadn't started making SUVs of all things.

The Cayman is a sweet car and you really don't lose much at all versus a 911....and I agree on the Panamera, fantastic cars!  Would buy one every day and twice on Sunday versus a 7er or S Class.

• Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle