Any car enthusiasts around here?

HackDaddy360

1 hour ago, ChipStrokes said:

oh hello beautiful…

13CC5557-0C0D-4616-9B45-FCC86A29AFF0.jpeg

54A4FDEC-19A5-4A65-A9A8-17FF2014FDBC.jpeg

C93D9999-807D-45D8-9086-4D0C7511D91F.jpeg

That yours ? Niceeeeeee

I love sports cars but just don't think I'll ever buy one living in northeast. Huge corvette fan tho

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

14 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

That yours ? Niceeeeeee

I love sports cars but just don't think I'll ever buy one living in northeast. Huge corvette fan tho

yeah man, thanks. 

home in CT ive got an SUV. but down here with the flat roads and great weather, this was the move. 

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

25 minutes ago, 3PuttLefty said:

Where do u put the clubs???!! 
it just looks fast standing still.  

confirmed that my bag fits in the trunk compartment. the front compartment will fit a cooler and a few boxes of balls. 

i didn’t make my decision based on that though. i’ve got a BMW x3 down here as well that handles golf course duty much better

Edited by ChipStrokes
  • Like 1

Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

1 hour ago, ChipStrokes said:

confirmed that my bag fits in the trunk compartment. the front compartment will fit a cooler and a few boxes of balls. 

i didn’t make my decision based on that though. i’ve got a BMW x3 down here as well that handles golf course duty much better

Couldn't believe a carry bag will fit in the rear trunk, but it does.

But $30K over sticker ? shocked.gif  Not in my lifetime.  oops.gif

Enjoy !!! 👍

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

26 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Couldn't believe a carry bag will fit in the rear trunk, but it does.

But $30K over sticker ? shocked.gif  Not in my lifetime.  oops.gif

Enjoy !!! 👍

they fit very nicely. and i didn’t pay 30 over. 

Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

Anyone going to buy the limited Diamond Edition 1965 Shelby Cobra? There's only going to be 10 made with a starting price of 1.2 million and it's a race car and not street legal. It's a carbon fiber body that only weighs 88lbs and you can get up to 800hp I believe.

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Carbon-Cobra

Edited by aloha b.

5 minutes ago, ChipStrokes said:

they fit very nicely. and i didn’t pay 30 over. 

Prices coming down a bit ? I haven't looked at 'em in some time. Older C7s and C6s are holding their prices very steady (and high of course) over the last 12 months.  TEAR HAIR.gif

Edited by nsxguy

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Just now, nsxguy said:

Prices coming down a bit ? I hadn't looked at 'em in some time. Older C7s and C6s are holding their prices very steady (and high of course) over the last 12 months.  TEAR HAIR.gif

i was on a preorder list and built mine to spec. 

just went and built it again on their website and that’s basically exactly what i paid with all of the options. 

i can’t speak for the guy who walks in to a dealership and buys off the floor though, so i’ve got no idea. 

Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

1 minute ago, ChipStrokes said:

i was on a preorder list and built mine to spec. 

just went and built it again on their website and that’s basically exactly what i paid with all of the options. 

i can’t speak for the guy who walks in to a dealership and buys off the floor though, so i’ve got no idea. 

Ahhhh, gotcha. I keep forgetting that some guys who ordered 'em a year or more ago were able to get the dealer to actually honor the buyer's order at sticker price.

I've seen lotsa complaints over the last 12 months about dealers not honoring the order and demanding $20K over and/or just canceling the deal and putting the car on the lot at $XXK over sticker.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

10 hours ago, ChipStrokes said:

I have been shopping for the x3 M40i.  As close to a Vette as ill see anytime soon!!  Reviews say it may be better overall then the X3M.  I have 22’ x3 and love it.  Need more speed!!     Enjoy the vette!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Oh come on Jeff! Throw some chains on the ‘22 Vette and ur good to go!! 🤣

Well it IS mid-engine so probably better weight over those rear wheels ...

• Like 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I drove a Nissan Frontier Pro 4X today. I really liked it---wasn't on my original list because i'd kind of forgotten about how they just released a new one.

Checks a lot of boxes and there's a lot of really cool aftermarket stuff for it. It might be the best looking midsize truck out there right now

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The only way I would own another nissan is if it was given to me, and I can get rid of it before the warranty expires.  I feel they only make cars to last the warranty period and then make millions on servicing them (the Apple method). 

My Titan blew a transmission line with 36.1k miles and they (Dealer) gave me crap about it being under warranty. It rusted right through in just over 2 years. Brake lines were just as bad.

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

21 hours ago, Imp said:

The only way I would own another nissan is if it was given to me, and I can get rid of it before the warranty expires.  I feel they only make cars to last the warranty period and then make millions on servicing them (the Apple method). 

My Titan blew a transmission line with 36.1k miles and they (Dealer) gave me crap about it being under warranty. It rusted right through in just over 2 years. Brake lines were just as bad.

I've heard some stories about Nissans--hmm. The frontier seems to have decent reliability ratings. I like that the new one uses a NA V6 without turbos or any junk.

rumor is the Colorado and Canyon will have turbo 4's, and a new tacoma probably not out until 2024. The current TRD Pro also has a 1yr wait. My wife's chevy just broke down with 50000km on it (engine problems). It's an Equinox that also has a turbo 4

I think i'm down to going with the frontier because i can use it this summer (i have a farm) , or waiting for the Ranger Raptor because it's kind of a dream car

• Like 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, MtlJeff said:

I've heard some stories about Nissans--hmm. The frontier seems to have decent reliability ratings. I like that the new one uses a NA V6 without turbos or any junk.

rumor is the Colorado and Canyon will have turbo 4's, and a new tacoma probably not out until 2024. The current TRD Pro also has a 1yr wait. My wife's chevy just broke down with 50000km on it (engine problems). It's an Equinox that also has a turbo 4

I think i'm down to going with the frontier because i can use it this summer (i have a farm) , or waiting for the Ranger Raptor because it's kind of a dream car

Not at all trying to promote one brand over another.  But if you want an insiders point of view the usual downfall of any turbo setup is oil level , weight or viscosity loss after heat cycles.  I’m certain you followed the makers recommendations …. I’m not questioning  that at all. But.  That’s usually the flaw 

most are up to 5-7k mile oil changes.  And use 5w-20 ish oil.  Both need to be adjusted. 

for instance.  My wife and I both have run fords eco boost setups.  Twin turbo v6 basically.    I run valvoline full synthetic 10w30 in her fx2 truck and change it at 3k miles.  I experimented  with 4K miles and it was just too broken down for my taste. At 3k it’s black. But still feels oily to the touch and has far less carbon floating in it.  She’s at 167k miles with zero issues that are reported as common on those.  

i also swapped a setup like hers into a 67 coupe mustang ….. and beat the crap out of it.   Sold it. As far as I know it’s still living it’s best life.  I see the car locally a lot.  I very firmly believe that the turbos cook the oil and causes the engine issues and turbo issues , they use the engine oil for lube.  So it’s getting super heated everytime it’s run.  Just food for thought if you buy a turbo setup and plan to keep it.  Oil is cheaper than parts swaps.  Don’t take the dealers word for it. 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Not at all trying to promote one brand over another.  But if you want an insiders point of view the usual downfall of any turbo setup is oil level , weight or viscosity loss after heat cycles.  I’m certain you followed the makers recommendations …. I’m not questioning  that at all. But.  That’s usually the flaw 

most are up to 5-7k mile oil changes.  And use 5w-20 ish oil.  Both need to be adjusted. 

for instance.  My wife and I both have run fords eco boost setups.  Twin turbo v6 basically.    I run valvoline full synthetic 10w30 in her fx2 truck and change it at 3k miles.  I experimented  with 4K miles and it was just too broken down for my taste. At 3k it’s black. But still feels oily to the touch and has far less carbon floating in it.  She’s at 167k miles with zero issues that are reported as common on those.  

i also swapped a setup like hers into a 67 coupe mustang ….. and beat the crap out of it.   Sold it. As far as I know it’s still living it’s best life.  I see the car locally a lot.  I very firmly believe that the turbos cook the oil and causes the engine issues and turbo issues , they use the engine oil for lube.  So it’s getting super heated everytime it’s run.  Just food for thought if you buy a turbo setup and plan to keep it.  Oil is cheaper than parts swaps.  Don’t take the dealers word for it. 

Ranger Raptor is the Twin Turbo ecoboost V6---if i buy it i'm emailing you for guidance LOL!

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, ZacR88 said:

This is my racecar I used for Time Attack. MK7 GTI.

GTI.jpg

Every time I hear that, I think Dungeons and Dragons.

"I attack time!" Rolls 2D10. "5" ... "Time wins."  

I mean, anything that is timed, one car at a time, is a "time attack". RallyX, AutoX, etc... 

But hey, cool. Lots of my friends love it. Just seems like you're essentially qualifying and not racing anyone. I get it, and I dig it. I just don't like walls at speed. 😉

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

Ranger Raptor is the Twin Turbo ecoboost V6---if i buy it i'm emailing you for guidance LOL!

I’d be glad to help.    It’s a great setup.  And makes a crap ton of quick power. Very little lag in the design.  I drive a 12 5.0 f150 daily and my wife’s eco boost f150( 13 model fx2 ) will run away from it. And the 5.0 is right at 400 Hp after tune and exhaust. Hers is stone stock.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 3/20/2022 at 7:34 AM, 3PuttLefty said:

I have been shopping for the x3 M40i.  As close to a Vette as ill see anytime soon!!  Reviews say it may be better overall then the X3M.  I have 22’ x3 and love it.  Need more speed!!     Enjoy the vette!

Awesome choice.  The B58 is an incredible engine and the X3 M40i is the perfect balance of everyday, upwards of 30 mpg and 0-60 in 4.2 seconds whenever you feel spicy.  The X3m is an absolute missile, but it has to be one of the harshest things on the road. 

BMW has a unicorn with the X3 M40i.      

• Like 2

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

12 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Here’s the thing I’ve been working on since Jan 1.  Just after a couple hours fan drying in the paint booth.  Just rolled it back into the prep room til Monday.  

1968 Shelby GT350.   It’s a car with some odd history.  I have damage records from when  it was being moved from the AO smith plant where the Shelby conversions were done back to New Jersey …. This required the hood to be replaced.  When it was replaced the hood that they put on was one for a GT500 , so it has the fresh air duct work underneath.  Which is really hard to find .  Then it’s original owner raced  it in several race classes ( road courses ) in basically same as a 65 R model trim.  Then it was put aWay until 2005 ish when it was found and bought to be saved.  Low mile car. But abused , and rust throughout. Then it Sat a long time in the corner , until it finally got a turn.    

originally did not have stripes ( a lot of  Shelby’s after 67 didn’t , most had them added later ) has black deluxe interior , 4 speed , 389 trac lok 9 inch rear , and has a rare set of magnesium Shelby wheels.    When we got it it had 4 wheel disc brakes , although front discs were factory with drums in rear.  It has all original fiberglass parts ( hood, nose , deck lid , side scoops etc. ) which is also hard to find these days for a non pampered Shelby.  

anyway. I can ramble on and on.  Here it is. Parts will start going on it next week. Hope to hear it come to life before summer gets here.  

26329923-7866-4471-AAE4-A3F4E90C64CD.jpeg

1F2E45A4-4E07-494A-BB23-80311ECC7A77.jpeg

A4878616-0531-46E7-A716-AF77D78CA41A.jpeg

A93F1044-5148-45B4-8CCD-28530F6EB4D2.jpeg

6908A628-D83F-427B-8E8B-0B95FEAA539C.jpeg

32031C63-3FF7-451E-80F3-108A4D8096E4.jpeg

My favorite body style of all Mustangs. Nice to have the history to go along with a great find. I would be interested to see the progress as it goes together. My family owned and operated auto repair and body shops for over 50 years. I miss being around the shop and tinkering with cars. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff .. I have 380,000 km on my Sequoia … no issues in 12 years,  my 4 runner was the same … bullet proof

great move buddy

congrats on dragging “jabroni” out

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

29 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

Jeff .. I have 380,000 km on my Sequoia … no issues in 12 years,  my 4 runner was the same … bullet proof

great move buddy

congrats on dragging “jabroni” out

Thanks!!! I'm psyched. The Taco Pro was my original dream truck. I had looked elsewhere mostly due to lead times and i wanted to see about the next Gen taco

I have a feeling this one might become valuable. The next gen is rumored to be a turbo-4....But not sure. If so i have a feeling this last model year of the 3.5L V6 might be a sought after truck

Either way i thought it was a no brainer. Truck i always wanted and potentially the last of it's ilk

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

So i had another one of my trademark changes of heart. My Toyota sales dude called me and told me some jabroni cancelled his order on a 2022 Taco pro and i could have it if i wanted. I pick up this beast on Wednesday....electric green or whatever they call this specialty color LOL

Sorry @bladehunter....Looks like i'm sticking with Toyota. The midsize GOAAAAAAATTTT

I'm gonna drive this up a mountain. 

taco pro.jpg

lol.  Ah.  I’d pick Toyota over a Chrysler product for sure.  But taco green made me chuckle.  I have a bob- tailed Siamese cat named taco !    But I do love green in general. Looks nice !  But does it have goat 🐐 mode !?!?  ( joke just like the bronco 😂)

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Malachite green is my Porsche’s colour, love green cars, old Jag’s anyone ?

image.jpeg

Edited by cardoustie
  • Like 3

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this because i love my new truck. There literally aren't enough dirt roads around my house that i can do at like 80km/h. My wife the other day when i was driving my daughter to horseback riding lessons "Jeff are you aiming for the potholes?" (in my head---yes)

These Fox shocks, great stuff!

Taco Pro.JPG

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique