MEMBER REVIEWS: SQAIRZ Golf Shoes! See What Members Are Saying!

I don't know what the equivalent size should be. I'll just point out it is very easy to tell if a shoe is the wrong size if it fits too tight. Unfortunately, a shoe a 1/2 size too big may feel great and comfortable but if the foot moves around in the shoe blisters will occur and the shoes will get the blame for being lousy shoes. Correct size is so important in golf shoes.

• Like 1

I went against my hard fast rule of never buying shoes, without trying them on, based on some of the feedback here in this thread. My feet are wide and it's often difficult to find shoes that fit right regardless.

These shoes are as comfortable as any shoe I've worn. Despite playing in the hot humid conditions here in central NC, my feet didn't get hot or feel 'swampy' at all. They are very well cushioned and I didn't have to adjust the shoelaces at all throughout the round which is a nice perk.

I have to admit that I felt the square toes was somewhat gimmicky at first but found them giving me great feedback. Several times on long iron shots they really helped me making sure I was lined up correctly. As the round went on I became more aware of where I naturally tend to set up and then adjusted my line trusting the shoes. The grip was great as well providing a solid base to use the ground and they are super stable. When it came to putting, the alignment was much easier for me to visualize being square to my line helping me have my first ever back-to-back birdies.

Overall I think the value of the shoe is very well built in and I'm looking forward to the next round.

• Like 2

Since they have black, white and gray, what other colors other than perhaps two-tone could they be? Anxious to see!

Also, I found something else to like about these shoes. With the square toe they are great for kicking back with great accuracy that gimmie putt you're giving your opponent in match play! LOL

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, echotribe said:

Waiting weeks for mine, they don't return calls and email are sent with this reply ""Your message to [email protected] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information."" Not sure what to think at this point...Actually I do but I'll keep it nice

That is unfortunate. When did you place your order?

There was an issue where a very large shipment got held up in customs. They finally received them only to have been experiencing some computer issues coupled with a high volume of sales.  As to the emails to customer service not going through that could be tied to the computer problems on their end as well. I'd try calling. 

I've seen a lot of skepticism about the added distance claims Sqairz makes in regard to these shoes. Well, the last couple of rounds I've experimented. Instead of using my typical, 73-year-old-body-friendly controlled swing, I decided to try to take advantage of the better traction that these shoes offer and swing "more aggressively". I didn't swing "out of my shoes", not that one could even do that with these shoes  and the way they fit and are secured with the Sta-Put laces. I can't quantify any added distance with the driver as course and weather conditions vary on a day-to-day basis. What has definitely been noticeable are two things, absolutely no slippage of the feet despite swinging faster / more aggressively, and approach shots that have gone much longer than anticipated! - such to the extent that I've actually either clubbed down or choked down to take the added distance I am seeing into account. More of my approaches are missing the green long these days!

If you just put these shoes on instead of your FJs or Addidas or any other golf shoe you might wear, and swing as you always have, then, "No" you won't see any added distance. If you are someone who is already swinging at your max speed, you won't necessarily see anything added either. However, if you use the greater ground connectivity and traction to your advantage and swing a little faster than you normally do (still staying in control!) then you might just realize the claimed distance gains. I have.

Look really, really nice.  I have really wide feet up front and narrow heels, connected to what my dad calls "oak tree" legs.  I've been buying shoes too big for a long time, and can't wait until I can get into something more comfortable.  Here's a cool little foot fitter I used up in Umeå, Sweden this past Christmas.  Hoping to try it again with both feet, but haven't seen one of these units anywhere else.  IF the Sqairz guy look on this thread, maybe can you look at my left foot dimensions and make a recommendation?

IMG_3546.JPG

I am still playing in them as well. My Adidas and Foot Joys have not been worn for months. 

• Like 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

I have a question about size.  I've been wearing 10.5 sized shoes for a very long time.   This year I had to go for the size 11 Footjoys to get something that didn't pinch my toes and even the 11 is slightly tighter than I would prefer.  The 10.5 no longer fit, due to the width of my foot getting larger (another problem of getting old!).  I just went from 10.5 Sketchers to 11 to get the proper fit for my toes.   For these Sqairz shoes,  would I order the 10.5 or the 11?  Or is the front box wide enough that a 10 would be better?

1 hour ago, NevinW said:

I have a question about size.  I've been wearing 10.5 sized shoes for a very long time.   This year I had to go for the size 11 Footjoys to get something that didn't pinch my toes and even the 11 is slightly tighter than I would prefer.  The 10.5 no longer fit, due to the width of my foot getting larger (another problem of getting old!).  I just went from 10.5 Sketchers to 11 to get the proper fit for my toes.   For these Sqairz shoes,  would I order the 10.5 or the 11?  Or is the front box wide enough that a 10 would be better?

I had to size down from 10 to 9.5. I usually wore 10 in everything but for these shoes with the increased toe box area, 9.5 is perfect. 

15 hours ago, NevinW said:

Most of my shoes are a size 9 but I have had to go to 9.5 in certain golf shoes. It isn't even consistent within a brand for me but can vary by model within a brand. I stuck with the 9 in Sqairz and they fit perfectly. I feel they are "true to size". Shoes too large will lead to blisters. I would suggest that you get your 10.5 size. Get them, try them on in the house and see how they feel. Don't play in them if they  feel too tight. If so I  think returning them for the larger size would be no issue.

I did own a pair of Sqairz and returned them. Feedback is below:

I wear a 10 in Nike, 9 or 9.5 in Adidas / Puma and usually an 8.5 in FJ. I ordered the white/red Sqairz in 8.5. The shipment was fast and the presentation of the box and inside contents was well done. I like that it included socks but I didn’t take those out of the package. 

First impressions were ok. Not great, not awful by any means. They seemed to fit well. Some shoes I leave looser the closer I get to my toes or they will pinch the middle part of my foot. I had no issues lacing the full foot snugly. My foot felt stable in them. Toes were a perfect distance from the front. Not brushing the front of the shoes but pretty close to the end there. 

I played 18 in them riding. Performance was good. I definitely felt like I had more of my foot touching the ground and could get a more stable base. I had actually forgotten about that so I wasn’t letting a purchase bias influence my thoughts. I just recall standing on the 2nd tee box and thinking I don’t normally have this feeling of the ground underneath me like this. That did inspire a level of confidence. Hard to explain but I could just feel it. 

comfort wise they were ok. I think my Nike Reacts from last year are one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. There is no where near the React or Cloudfoam padding present in Sqairz. But they are far from feeling like you are standing barefoot on concrete. It’s a firm feeling underfoot and the shoes are heavier than all recent shoes I’ve purchased. Not a deal breaker by any means for either observation. 

Traction I didn’t think was great. The removable spikes were kind of recessed to where they align with the built in sole traction. If this makes sense I didn’t feel the shoe bite like you would normally experience from a spiked shoe. Best way I can explain my thoughts is that it felt like a non-aggressive spike less shoe. And I did slip out on one shot. Not a full blown tire blow but my feet definitely moved. I’m no pro (6 handicap) so it certainly could have been too aggressive / or just a poor swing. 

Unfortunately on the back 9 of that first round I started to get a blister on my left heel. I always wear Kentwool socks and if I didn’t have those on I think it would have been much worse. I got more of a hotspot / mild blister compared to something worse.  It was enough though where I had to wear flip flops the next few days. 

played another 18 in them 4-5 days later. Same feelings. I played with the lacing a bit to try and eliminate blistering. Unfortunately I was still getting that hot spot on left heel. So I sent them back. 

Overall I like the concept. I have no issues with spending $$$$ on golf. I think stability wise - feeling ground underfoot - these are the best shoe out there. I definitely noticed a difference there. But comfort and traction wise I thought were average / below average respectively.

For their price point, fact I have to speak with someone to get an RMA number, pay return shipping and restocking fee, I would not order again regardless if new products come out. Don’t get me wrong, customer service was nice but it’s time out of my day to play phone tag and have to defend your reasoning for return on a product that is sold exclusively online.

I think the price point is 2x where it should be. There’s nothing revolutionary about the product at all. Callaway had a similar shoe I purchased from Golf Galaxy in 2008 I believe. It was just super ugly and looked like a bowling shoe. I would score overall a 6/10. Slightly above the midway point for the nice feeling of more ground underfoot. That is not a high enough score to get me to spend $200 (or in my case about $40 I’m out (for return process). 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blazman11 said:

I did own a pair of Sqairz and returned them. Feedback is below:

I wear a 10 in Nike, 9 or 9.5 in Adidas / Puma and usually an 8.5 in FJ. I ordered the white/red Sqairz in 8.5. The shipment was fast and the presentation of the box and inside contents was well done. I like that it included socks but I didn’t take those out of the package. 

First impressions were ok. Not great, not awful by any means. They seemed to fit well. Some shoes I leave looser the closer I get to my toes or they will pinch the middle part of my foot. I had no issues lacing the full foot snugly. My foot felt stable in them. Toes were a perfect distance from the front. Not brushing the front of the shoes but pretty close to the end there. 

I played 18 in them riding. Performance was good. I definitely felt like I had more of my foot touching the ground and could get a more stable base. I had actually forgotten about that so I wasn’t letting a purchase bias influence my thoughts. I just recall standing on the 2nd tee box and thinking I don’t normally have this feeling of the ground underneath me like this. That did inspire a level of confidence. Hard to explain but I could just feel it. 

comfort wise they were ok. I think my Nike Reacts from last year are one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. There is no where near the React or Cloudfoam padding present in Sqairz. But they are far from feeling like you are standing barefoot on concrete. It’s a firm feeling underfoot and the shoes are heavier than all recent shoes I’ve purchased. Not a deal breaker by any means for either observation. 

Traction I didn’t think was great. The removable spikes were kind of recessed to where they align with the built in sole traction. If this makes sense I didn’t feel the shoe bite like you would normally experience from a spiked shoe. Best way I can explain my thoughts is that it felt like a non-aggressive spike less shoe. And I did slip out on one shot. Not a full blown tire blow but my feet definitely moved. I’m no pro (6 handicap) so it certainly could have been too aggressive / or just a poor swing. 

Unfortunately on the back 9 of that first round I started to get a blister on my left heel. I always wear Kentwool socks and if I didn’t have those on I think it would have been much worse. I got more of a hotspot / mild blister compared to something worse.  It was enough though where I had to wear flip flops the next few days. 

played another 18 in them 4-5 days later. Same feelings. I played with the lacing a bit to try and eliminate blistering. Unfortunately I was still getting that hot spot on left heel. So I sent them back. 

Overall I like the concept. I have no issues with spending $$$$ on golf. I think stability wise - feeling ground underfoot - these are the best shoe out there. I definitely noticed a difference there. But comfort and traction wise I thought were average / below average respectively.

For their price point, fact I have to speak with someone to get an RMA number, pay return shipping and restocking fee, I would not order again regardless if new products come out. Don’t get me wrong, customer service was nice but it’s time out of my day to play phone tag and have to defend your reasoning for return on a product that is sold exclusively online.

I think the price point is 2x where it should be. There’s nothing revolutionary about the product at all. Callaway had a similar shoe I purchased from Golf Galaxy in 2008 I believe. It was just super ugly and looked like a bowling shoe. I would score overall a 6/10. Slightly above the midway point for the nice feeling of more ground underfoot. That is not a high enough score to get me to spend $200 (or in my case about $40 I’m out (for return process). 

Sounds like your shoes were too big and disagree on stability, as I haven't had any slippage yet. 

No sorry they were not too big. I explained in detail how the shoes fit. My toes were the perfect length from the front of the shoe. Not brushing the tip of the shoe (which is too small) but right there on the edge. It wasn’t like I could press my thumb down between the toes and the front of the shoe. 

I’m now 46 years old.  Off the top of my head I own 6 pairs of work shoes, 8 relatively new golf shoes, 10 pairs of sneakers and a handful of hiking / hunting boots.  I think I know if a shoe is too big or small. It just didn’t work for me. And I gave a full detailed review as to my thoughts on the product. I’m not upset about the fact it didn’t work. Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last time. You could have read the part though where I described the fit before making the comment as you obviously did not. 

the only argument that could have been made is perhaps they needed a break in period. Which could have been the case. Their price point is at the higher end of golf shoes and for that price I wasn’t willing to go that route. Especially since all the other golf shoes I own are between $1-180 that don’t require break in. I didn’t feel as though this shoe offered anything heads and shoulders above any other product out there to justify the cost of an ill fitting (for me) shoe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazman11 said:

No sorry they were not too big. I explained in detail how the shoes fit. My toes were the perfect length from the front of the shoe. Not brushing the tip of the shoe (which is too small) but right there on the edge. It wasn’t like I could press my thumb down between the toes and the front of the shoe. 

I’m now 46 years old.  Off the top of my head I own 6 pairs of work shoes, 8 relatively new golf shoes, 10 pairs of sneakers and a handful of hiking / hunting boots.  I think I know if a shoe is too big or small. It just didn’t work for me. And I gave a full detailed review as to my thoughts on the product. I’m not upset about the fact it didn’t work. Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last time. You could have read the part though where I described the fit before making the comment as you obviously did not. 

the only argument that could have been made is perhaps they needed a break in period. Which could have been the case. Their price point is at the higher end of golf shoes and for that price I wasn’t willing to go that route. Especially since all the other golf shoes I own are between $1-180 that don’t require break in. I didn’t feel as though this shoe offered anything heads and shoulders above any other product out there to justify the cost of an ill fitting (for me) shoe. 

Ok blazer man. I said sounds like they were too big not a definitive statement. 

I called the company yesterday to inquire about sizing and got routed to voice mail and was advised to leave my name, number, etc.  No one called back.  Not a great first impression.

I usually wear 9.5 in a wide - so I was looking for input on the size.  I also wanted to understand the 30 day return - are you allowed to wear them and return them?

I’m hesitant to purchase these for my next pair of shoes. The thread in the golf style section suggests that something is going on with the company. Maybe they got too big too fast. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

1 hour ago, jas904 said:

I’m hesitant to purchase these for my next pair of shoes. The thread in the golf style section suggests that something is going on with the company. Maybe they got too big too fast. 

Yeah I am not sure what is going on right now customer service wise. I will say that for me, these have been very quality shoes. The looks and weight might not be for everyone but they do the job fine for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, ASN21 said:

Yeah I am not sure what is going on right now customer service wise. I will say that for me, these have been very quality shoes. The looks and weight might not be for everyone but they do the job fine for me. 

You are right about both the weight and looks not being for everybody. For me, however, the weight translates to "sturdy", golf shoes that are going to last for a long while and outlast a lot of other golf shoes, even those of equal price. The looks? I like that little bit of "non-conformity" that the square toe gives me. Overall, I still find these the best golf shoes I've ever worn as the additional balance and stability they give me are unquestionable!