MEMBER REVIEWS: SQAIRZ Golf Shoes! See What Members Are Saying!

For those skeptical of the distance claims for Sqairz golf shoes, The Faldo Formula Show on the CBS Sports Network is having Gene Parente from Golf Laboratories on tomorrow night at 7:00PM EST. He did the independent testing that documents the 7 yards of distance gains. Might be interesting!

Christ Phil! How much do you have invested in this company? You're sure pitching them. 😅

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

14 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Christ Phil! How much do you have invested in this company? You're sure pitching them. 😅

Not a thing! I have nothing to gain. I have just found in some 60 years+ of playing golf that these are the best I've ever owned and unlike any other pair of golf shoes I feel they actually add something to my game. Just passing those thoughts along.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, Nomatter said:

Very uncomfortable shoes especially in the summer. Tore up my feet real bad. Never broke in. Wound up tossing them after 3 rounds. Don’t waste your money on Sqairz like I did

I own four pair of Sqairz, none of which needed "breaking in". If what you say is true, it sounds like a poor fit or poor socks worn with them or both.

• 2 weeks later...

SP they went with a grip lace, this is really nice. I know this from Soccer my daughter only wants grip laces so it keeps her boots snug and tight without it loosening while playing. So i can only see it as a positive for golf. 

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

• 2 months later...

I bought a pair (199.) Eight months ago. They were comfortable and felt well made. I play maybe twice a week and expected a reasonable amount of play out of these somewhat pricey shoes . Today, in   the middle of my round, I looked down and half of the sole on my left shoe had separated from the top. I've never had a Footjoy do that. I expected a little more play for that price. Footjoy here I come!

• Sad 1

I have a really narrow foot.  Makes me nervous to try these if the toe box is wide and roomy…

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80 (or Qi10 5 wood)
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Odyssey TriHot 5K Triple Wide
Titleist ProV1

• 6 months later...

After owning several pairs of Sqairz, I've found them to have a heel wear issue. I have purchased and played multiple rounds in each pair. While the shoes seem to fit well, the heel is wearing and starting to cause blisters on my heels. I have worn their socks almost exclusively, and this problem is still occurring in each pair of my shoes. Unfortunately, at an average cost of $179, I'm done with their shoes.

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is looking for these, GlobalGolf has some "used" pairs for $69.99. I was also able to use a coupon that was about equal to the shipping cost. 

My pair came basically brand new. No grass/dirt in the cleats, but looked like they had been tried on (slight toe crease). First impression is that they're heavy in my hands (as are most size 14 cleats), but they feel lighter on-foot. Plenty of room in the toe box. I had achilles surgery on my left ankle which makes some shoes too tight on that foot, but these have a little room to spare without feeling "too big". Feel stable and well constructed. I immediately noticed how non-square my putting stance is 😮.  I don't think I'd wear them to walk 18 because of the weight, but I'm looking forward to getting them out on the course in a few days for a riding round. I've read that the newer models are more lightweight, so that may be a future purchase if these work well.

20221031_152421.jpg

Edited by Mych
  • Like 1

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

20 hours ago, Mych said:

In case anyone is looking for these, GlobalGolf has some "used" pairs for $69.99. I was also able to use a coupon that was about equal to the shipping cost. 

My pair came basically brand new. No grass/dirt in the cleats, but looked like they had been tried on (slight toe crease). First impression is that they're heavy in my hands (as are most size 14 cleats), but they feel lighter on-foot. Plenty of room in the toe box. I had achilles surgery on my left ankle which makes some shoes too tight on that foot, but these have a little room to spare without feeling "too big". Feel stable and well constructed. I immediately noticed how non-square my putting stance is 😮.  I don't think I'd wear them to walk 18 because of the weight, but I'm looking forward to getting them out on the course in a few days for a riding round. I've read that the newer models are more lightweight, so that may be a future purchase if these work well.

20221031_152421.jpg

Can't wait for my 20/20 to come in from 3Balls, thanks for da tip in the DOND thread 👍

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

The 20/20s that I received from 3Balls were a tad heavier than my Adidas Boost BOAs for sure. Looks in very good shape, some creases from wear but underside & cleats are fine. Will take it to the range and try and then if that works out, I'll walk 18 in them.

I can see why the later lines of Sqairz went lighter. Not seen these heavy shoes since Footjoys 20 years ago 😀

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Last post, I got a deal on the Sqairz 20/29 shoes from 3Balls.com. Yeah, its pre-owned but I figure thats still good value versus paying full pop of $200 for new shoes. Been a long time Adidas Boost BOA guy. I love those shoes for the BOA convenience and comfort.

So I walked Sterling Hills GC, Camarillo, California in the Sqairz shoes. As the golf course name implies, it is a moderately "hilly" course and I pushed my cart loaded with beer & clubs.

My shoe size is 9.5 and the Sqairz 20/20 are a tad on the big side. <- that is excellent! I prefer shoes made on the larger side than small. No big deal, I tightened the laces a wee bit more.

579484081_ss2022-11-1114_15_51.jpg.a0ed6af9fcdb938ea0f48377738c4a59.jpg

Overall - VERY, VERY, COMFORTABLE.

It was a gamble and I brought my Adidas Boost BOAs as backup but never needed it.

Definitely can feel the extra room in the toes. Handled the steep parts of the terrain perfectly fine. I thought the shoes were heavier but I did not notice the weight of the shoes while walking or playing shots at all.

DRIVING. It took a while to get use to these shoes, extra roomy and all. The start was NOT auspicious, hooking a drive. That one, I'll put that down to 1st tee jitters with a tough course and new shoes. Rest of the day, I had some really good drives.

Sterling Hills kinda demands you hit the drives between the tree goalposts 200+ yards out. Or keep it the ball left or right of the lakes/baranka valleys that guards the fairways. There is not much wiggle room if you play military golf.

I was looking forward to checking out one of the Sqairz claim of stability = extra distance. As well, @getair23 (a GolfWRX Voxx golf sock tester) and I joked around to see what will happen if we matched the Voxx socks with the Sqairz shoes?

Will the extra distance claims be true...

I hit some good, precision drives but I did not see any wow distances. On one hole, funny enough, my playing buddy was adamant I hit a 300+ drive and got all excited but I didn't think so. Later, GPS confirmed on a 282. Sigh. But it was so funny because he was way more excited than I was...he wasn't even drinking...lol.

After the round, I reviewed my GPS driver stats and there was nothing special. I did not see any extra distance as claimed.

It just did not happen this round

However, one certainty for sure, this year has been one of my best driving and scoring years. The numbers are there with the driver/shaft combo and with the Voxx socks & Adidas Boost BOA. These Voxx socks are so comfortable & fit well with any shoes I have on, that's for sure 👍 Thanks @VoxxGolf

PUTTING. ❤the square toe for putting, this was interesting. It's only been recent that I went back to a square box putting setup. In past I've had an open stance. For sure the Sqairz were King here. Versus the rounded toes of the Boost BOAs. Did it help a lot? Hmmmh, jury is still out. Burnt a lot of edges and since the greens were micro punched, it was bumpy and making left & right turns.

So...

After all that this - I just ordered another pair of Sqairz shoes - this time, Arrow. I figured I can replace my old Boost 2 with the lace that I use for the range. I hate that shoe. The toe area is so jammed and tight and even though it is a 9.5, it's more like a 9 in size. Tried to stretch the toe area, just No Bueno. Ugh. Shoe is in pristine condition though so I may donate it.

Sqairz shoes are different. They are comfortable and let's hope durability last. I had my BOAs for many years so they are proven but I can't get them anymore in the Boost for a reasonable price.

For me, Sqairz will be on my buy list but I wish they could price them NEW at a more affordable price

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, SwingBlues said:

Last post, I got a deal on the Sqairz 20/29 shoes from 3Balls.com. Yeah, its pre-owned but I figure thats still good value versus paying full pop of $200 for new shoes. Been a long time Adidas Boost BOA guy. I love those shoes for the BOA convenience and comfort.

So I walked Sterling Hills GC, Camarillo, California in the Sqairz shoes. As the golf course name implies, it is a moderately "hilly" course and I pushed my cart loaded with beer & clubs.

My shoe size is 9.5 and the Sqairz 20/20 are a tad on the big side. <- that is excellent! I prefer shoes made on the larger side than small. No big deal, I tightened the laces a wee bit more.

It was a gamble and I brought my Adidas Boost BOAs as backup but never needed it.

Definitely can feel the extra room in the toes. Handled the steep parts of the terrain perfectly fine. I thought the shoes were heavier but I did not notice the weight of the shoes while walking or playing shots at all.

DRIVING. It took a while to get use to these shoes, extra roomy and all. The start was NOT auspicious, hooking a drive. That one, I'll put that down to 1st tee jitters with a tough course and new shoes. Rest of the day, I had some really good drives.

Sterling Hills kinda demands you hit the drives between the tree goalposts 200+ yards out. Or keep it the ball left or right of the lakes/baranka valleys that guards the fairways. There is not much wiggle room if you play military golf.

I was looking forward to checking out one of the Sqairz claim of stability = extra distance. As well, @getair23 (a GolfWRX Voxx golf sock tester) and I joked around to see what will happen if we matched the Voxx socks with the Sqairz shoes?

I hit some good, precision drives but I did not see any wow distances. On one hole, funny enough, my playing buddy was adamant I hit a 300+ drive and got all excited but I didn't think so. Later, GPS confirmed on a 282. Sigh. But it was so funny because he was way more excited than I was...he wasn't even drinking...lol.

After the round, I reviewed my GPS driver stats and there was nothing special. I did not see any extra distance as claimed.

However, one certainty for sure, this year has been one of my best driving and scoring years. The numbers are there with the driver/shaft combo and with the Voxx socks & Adidas Boost BOA. These Voxx socks are so comfortable & fit well with any shoes I have on, that's for sure 👍 Thanks @VoxxGolf

PUTTING. ❤the square toe for putting, this was interesting. It's only been recent that I went back to a square box putting setup. In past I've had an open stance. For sure the Sqairz were King here. Versus the rounded toes of the Boost BOAs. Did it help a lot? Hmmmh, jury is still out. Burnt a lot of edges and since the greens were micro punched, it was bumpy and making left & right turns.

So...

After all that this - I just ordered another pair of Sqairz shoes - this time, Arrow. I figured I can replace my old Boost 2 with the lace that I use for the range. I hate that shoe. The toe area is so jammed and tight and even though it is a 9.5, it's more like a 9 in size. Tried to stretch the toe area, just No Bueno. Ugh. Shoe is in pristine condition though so I may donate it.

Sqairz shoes are different. They are comfortable and let's hope durability last. I had my BOAs for many years so they are proven but I can't get them anymore in the Boost for a reasonable price.

For me, Sqairz will be on my buy list but I wish they could price them NEW at a more affordable price

Extra distance? Do they help with a sway on the backswing?

On 11/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, SwingBlues said:

So...

Great review SB!  You have piqued my interest.  Sqairz are on a very short list of golf shoes I haven't tried.  Great sock by the way.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

2 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

I just did not see that on my driver GPS numbers that day. I will keep testing with the Arrow shoes next Saturday...actually looking forward to that 👍

If you sway on the backswing, that's a swing issue. You sway because your  hip is not turning & although you may brace against the inside of your right inner thigh (RH golfer), your none rotating hip easy overcome that.

The extra width *may* help your brace but fix the flaw first.

@getair23  Sqairz has sale RIGHT NOW, $25 off all regular price. Pm you with a coupon code fir additional off 😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

Two things in regard to distance.

As amateurs, I doubt that our ball striking is consistent enough to notice an increase in distance on a shot-to-shot basis. Having worn Sqairz golf shoes exclusively now for a little over two years, I have seen an increase in my average distance with the driver of about 7 yards compared to pre-Sqairz.

As someone who has fallen a couple of times on a golf course wearing spikes and breaking bones, traction is extremely important to me. I have yet to have a foot slip under any circumstance! I have gone up and down steep, wet slopes and that traction and the increased balance I get with Sqairz have enabled me to apply a little more speed to my swing as there is no fear of slipping. More speed equals more distance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of the Global Golf sale and got them out on the course today.  Very impressed.  I have an issue finding shoes that fit me properly.  My one foot had bunion surgery and other ruptured my achilles.  As a result neither fit standard.  I have to say I really like Squairz.  Plenty of room in the toe box without feeling unsupported.  They are stiffer than others.  It did seem to rub the back of the leg that had the achilles issue but that is normal.  So far they feel like one of the better of possibly best I've worn in years.  We will see how things work out but really like them.