Nippon NSPRO MODUS3 Tour 115 Iron Shafts - Regular and 10th Anniversary Verison

Diamana_Stinger

2 hours ago, vq6shadow said:

Information from insiders is that the Chrome will depend on the feedback received from the LE Black.

You started to say that the chrome version may not be released in this statement about "information from insiders".  You then contradicted yourself with the Plugged In Golf comment about the chrome version being released after the black special edition.

1 hour ago, vq6shadow said:

1) Unless you're looking at another Nippon release other than the 1 November message in which the word "Chrome" never appears, they have not said whether it will be offered.

2) We probably got the same answer from Golfworks "not available yet and no release date at this time."

3) Haven't read THP, but Plugged In Golf did a review in which they state "Once those [LE Black]are gone, the standard chrome finish with red graphics will be available." 

So there's your hope. Your availability will likely depend on 6,000 others going first. How long will that take? Who knows. We all have a choice. You will make yours based on the information you receive, I will make mine based on the information I receive. 

1. The Modus release is translated from Japanese, and may be misleading.  It mentions the 5th Modus line release, and how this special edition of the 5th modus line is limited to 2,000 sets in each flex (black version).  This is a marketing release for mostly the special edition.  The chrome version is pictured on the Nippon website.  Just because "chrome" is not listed, does not mean it is not implied.

2.  Golfworks told me, "likely early 2021" for the chrome.

3.  See above.  This contradicts your "insider information".

I am not dealing in hope.  I am looking at the facts, and will purchase a test shaft for a demo club when released.  They may fit me or not.  I do not care about this mythical 6,000 other people that may or may not be in front of me.  

It is fine if we disagree, and I just wanted to clarify statements from you about the chrome version NOT being released.  What happens from from here, we will see in 2021.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

40 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

You started to say that the chrome version may not be released in this statement about "information from insiders".  You then contradicted yourself with the Plugged In Golf comment about the chrome version being released after the black special edition.

1. The Modus release is translated from Japanese, and may be misleading.  It mentions the 5th Modus line release, and how this special edition of the 5th modus line is limited to 2,000 sets in each flex (black version).  This is a marketing release for mostly the special edition.  The chrome version is pictured on the Nippon website.  Just because "chrome" is not listed, does not mean it is not implied.

2.  Golfworks told me, "likely early 2021" for the chrome.

3.  See above.  This contradicts your "insider information".

I am not dealing in hope.  I am looking at the facts, and will purchase a test shaft for a demo club when released.  They may fit me or not.  I do not care about this mythical 6,000 other people that may or may not be in front of me.  

It is fine if we disagree, and I just wanted to clarify statements from you about the chrome version NOT being released.  What happens from from here, we will see in 2021.  Happy Thanksgiving.

1) Yes, I saw that picture as well and it could certainly imply that there will be a chrome version.

2) You got a more positive tone from GW than me

3) I'm sharing with all what I've learned. One source can say one thing, another has another piece of information. PiG reports what they've been told.  I'm sharing with the group what I've been told. Who and what sources you choose to value are up to you.

When you think about, what's the real incentive for them to produce a Chrome version? Would us 1% here love it? Sure! But the only way they would know if it is something the masses want it is by how the LE Black is received. Should they move forward if only 4K sets are sold? What are the reviews saying? Is it a game changer? At the end of the day either one of two things are true: 1) They are going to wait and see how the LE Black performs, who chooses it and what the reviews are to determine if there really is a market for it 2) They've already decided that there will be a market, the Chrome's are in production and they will build interest by not providing any additional release information until either a specific date or specific number of LE Black sales have been achieved.

For sure, we here will continue to speculate, guess and scour the internet for any morsel of information to help us decide.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Edited by vq6shadow

16 minutes ago, vq6shadow said:

1) Yes, I saw that picture as well and it could certainly imply that there will be a chrome version.

2) You got a more positive tone from GW than me

3) I'm sharing with all what I've learned. One source can say one thing, another has another piece of information. PiG reports what they've been told.  I'm sharing with the group what I've been told. Who and what sources you choose to value are up to you.

When you think about, what's the real incentive for them to produce a Chrome version? Would us 1% here love it? Sure! But the only way they would know if it is something the masses want it is by how the LE Black is received. Should they move forward if only 4K sets are sold? What are the reviews saying? Is it a game changer? At the end of the day either one of two things are true: 1) They are going to wait and see how the LE Black performs, who chooses it and what the reviews are to determine if there really is a market for it 2) They've already decided that there will be a market, the Chrome's are in production and they will build interest by not providing any additional release information until either a specific date or specific number of LE Black sales have been achieved.

For sure, we here will continue to speculate, guess and scour the internet for any morsel of information to help us decide.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

The incentive for a chrome version is sales.  Black shafts are an up charge and represent less than 1% of what they produce/sell-hence limited edition.  Majority of golfers want and purchase chrome shafts.

Only number 2 is correct.  You are the one who is speculating, guessing, and now gaslighting with your double down.  You can admit that you are wrong, or just keep digging yourself deeper.  If your source is 100% correct, please reveal the source.  

I will eat my words if scenario number 1 happens, but you have so far presented zero facts otherwise.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

10 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Standard chrome version of Modus 115 will be available in the Summer

Called Nippon HQ this morning out of curiosity and was told late Spring/early Summer 2021 for chrome Modus 115. I’m sure Nippon wants a super healthy stock pile of these shafts on our side of the Pacific Ocean before the shafts official release date so they don’t have the issue they had when the released the GOST shaft. Right around the time they announced the GOST, covid hit and shut down their product supply from Japan. It cost them sales and I’m sure they’ve learned from this situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

31 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Standard chrome version of Modus 115 will be available in the Summer

8 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

Called Nippon HQ this morning out of curiosity and was told late Spring/early Summer 2021 for chrome Modus 115. I’m sure Nippon wants a super healthy stock pile of these shafts on our side of the Pacific Ocean before the shafts official release date so they don’t have the issue they had when the released the GOST shaft. Right around the time they announced the GOST, covid hit and shut down their product supply from Japan. It cost them sales and I’m sure they’ve learned from this situation. 

More pieces of the story emerges. That's the point of the thread. We all share what we know in order to learn the truth, wherever it resides.  

They should have released the chrome alongside the limited black sets. Personally I do not like the black ones at all, I do not like the finish or look, and not to mention cringe 10th anniversary lettering, like they could have done without that as well.

JBeam J3 Tour 10.5* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
Miura Giken TC-101 Miura Craftsman World #3

Artisan MB #4-PW
(Nippon Modus 125 X Flex in 3-PW)
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

(Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*)
(Nippon Modus Wedge 125 in 55* & 60*)
Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)
Tour G 50 Rubber Round Grips On Driver;Irons;Wedges

I have one more thing to add, and this is a direct quote from nippon shaft;

Only 2,000 sets were made of this global limited version, but a standard chrome version may be offered based on the feedback.

TBD on release and as such, TBD on release date.

• Like 1

Artisan MB #4-PW
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)

1205040092_Nippon115LE.jpg.02141fc9fd50f6bc14b4c9a5578e009d.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Are these just a lighter version of the 125s? I love the 125s and have found nothing to beat them out! If the 115s are the same launch and spin but a little faster swing speed I may have to try them out!! 

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

55 minutes ago, edryer3 said:

Are these just a lighter version of the 125s? I love the 125s and have found nothing to beat them out! If the 115s are the same launch and spin but a little faster swing speed I may have to try them out!! 

Only a few reviews have been posted on the WWW however it seems with the 115,  Nippon is trying to split the difference between the 105’s and 125’s playing characteristics. 

• Like 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, edryer3 said:

I went from the 125X to the 115X and won’t be going back. I like the 125s up until the 6 iron for some reason. The 115s are great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUMM1T said:

I went from the 125X to the 115X and won’t be going back. I like the 125s up until the 6 iron for some reason. The 115s are great. 

Oh that’s good to know! What did u put in the wedge? I’m 4-PW, 50,54 in the 125X iron shaft and put the wedge 125 in my 58deg. When you switched did your feel you lost anything? Or did u gain some distance? For me I worry about spin as I was always high ball high spin. But when I switched to 125X my spin and launch were greatly reduced! 

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

3 hours ago, edryer3 said:

Oh that’s good to know! What did u put in the wedge? I’m 4-PW, 50,54 in the 125X iron shaft and put the wedge 125 in my 58deg. When you switched did your feel you lost anything? Or did u gain some distance? For me I worry about spin as I was always high ball high spin. But when I switched to 125X my spin and launch were greatly reduced! 

I play the Honma TR20Vs and they are really good at reducing spin. I typically am a higher iron spin player, but even with the Honma’s bent 1* weak I’m still 5800 with a 7 iron. I gained 3-4 yards over the 125s but I notice more in my long irons. My strike has improved drastically and my flight is better. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, noodle3872 said:

Didn't know the story about the GOST shaft... interesting. Probably a lesson learned for Mizuno to stock up, as mentioned. 

I've been wanting to try Nippon shafts (currently gaming TT DG S300) and debating what would be similar. I've swung the 120s before and felt great, but my fitter said it's barely fitting for me (I'm assuming it was the 115g weight). Would love to try this 115 model... If anyone has tried the 125/130 models, would love to know about it.

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

On 11/26/2020 at 5:50 AM, BirdieBob said:

1205040092_Nippon115LE.jpg.02141fc9fd50f6bc14b4c9a5578e009d.jpg

what is this? all this info plus more was posted in the initial post that i used to start this thread?

• Like 1

Artisan MB #4-PW
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

20 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Didn't know the story about the GOST shaft... interesting. Probably a lesson learned for Mizuno to stock up, as mentioned. 

I've been wanting to try Nippon shafts (currently gaming TT DG S300) and debating what would be similar. I've swung the 120s before and felt great, but my fitter said it's barely fitting for me (I'm assuming it was the 115g weight). Would love to try this 115 model... If anyone has tried the 125/130 models, would love to know about it.

don't quote me but I believe 125 model was smoother DG S300. I loved mine until I got injured and needed lighter shaft.

I'm tempting to go back and try this 115

57 minutes ago, Morry said:

Coming from 105-x in irons...what should one expect from the 115's in terms of flight and spin vs the 105-x?

X flex to X flex the 115 should be lower flight and spin. 

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

11 hours ago, larciel said:

don't quote me but I believe 125 model was smoother DG S300. I loved mine until I got injured and needed lighter shaft.

I'm tempting to go back and try this 115

Wouldn't be surprised if that was true given that the weight class is pretty close and how Nippon is known for a very smooth feel... 

My only problem is that the 125 / 130 shafts aren't standard shafts for almost all club head brands so there's an upcharge when ordering custom. Or, reshafting is expensive for clubs since I'd have to buy the shafts, pay for labor to remove old shaft and install new ones, then also pay for grips... sigh idk how so many ppl here have played different shafts. Haha. 

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

Just an short update: Man oh man I wanted to like these. These are the prettiest iron shafts I’ve ever seen but alas, they are not for me. I kind of knew this would be the case but was hoping this profile could fit an aggressive swing like mine. They don’t- the Project X LS beat these out by a mile and produce roughly the same spin. Data attached- tested my PXG 0311T Gen 3 with Modus 120X (gamers), Modus 115X and the PX LS 6.5. To be fair, I only tested 8 iron as I didn’t want to install multiple shafts and then end up having to pull multiple shafts. I tested on a GCQUAD, in my basement with my ball, Titleist ProV1x left dash. I hit about 20 shots with each. The 115s are just, dare I say, too smooth? On the good shots, I felt like I had to time those swings whereas the PX, I can just swing and not think. Anyway, I put them on eBay now so hopefully they wind up in the hands of someone who can benefit. The good news is, I found a new set of shafts to play after having played the Modus 120x for the last 5 years. 

49C80D28-FD54-4F88-B603-5AC06EDBBA09.jpeg

C287F727-2F7F-4238-A804-ADC9FDE8F901.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

Just an short update: Man oh man I wanted to like these. These are the prettiest iron shafts I’ve ever seen but alas, they are not for me. I kind of knew this would be the case but was hoping this profile could fit an aggressive swing like mine. They don’t- the Project X LS beat these out by a mile and produce roughly the same spin. Data attached- tested my PXG 0311T Gen 3 with Modus 120X (gamers), Modus 115X and the PX LS 6.5. To be fair, I only tested 8 iron as I didn’t want to install multiple shafts and then end up having to pull multiple shafts. I tested on a GCQUAD, in my basement with my ball, Titleist ProV1x left dash. I hit about 20 shots with each. The 115s are just, dare I say, too smooth? On the good shots, I felt like I had to time those swings whereas the PX, I can just swing and not think. Anyway, I put them on eBay now so hopefully they wind up in the hands of someone who can benefit. The good news is, I found a new set of shafts to play after having played the Modus 120x for the last 5 years. 

Thanks for sharing the info. Wish I had a basement like yours lol! Some follow up questions for you: 1) What were you prioritizing in the data to determine what was “best”? 2) Since the specs between the 120X and 115x (and I assume similar with the PX) are so similar, what differences were you expecting to see in the numbers? 3) At the end of the test, it seems the real discriminator was feel. True?

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

Interesting data.  It appears the ball speed was significantly less with the Modus and 115 compared to the LS?  So you were not able to time those shafts as well as the LS being a more aggressive swing and that is the reason for the lower ball speed?

Of course the rest of the data is all related to this ball speed difference.

The 115 had the lowest launch of the three so carry is going to be shorter compared to the Modus120 with similar speed.  The LS carry with higher speed and launch was about 4.5 yard longer than the 115.

263041648_shaftdata.jpg.fa25b43a41831113f43388334630c0a7.jpg

I have two sets of irons with both the 115 and LS but have not tried those shafts out yet.  The TW blades have the LS and the P770 have the 115.  Will be interesting to see what transpires with these.  

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

38 minutes ago, vq6shadow said:

Thanks for sharing the info. Wish I had a basement like yours lol! Some follow up questions for you: 1) What were you prioritizing in the data to determine what was “best”? 2) Since the specs between the 120X and 115x (and I assume similar with the PX) are so similar, what differences were you expecting to see in the numbers? 3) At the end of the test, it seems the real discriminator was feel. True?

I prioritized carry yards, and proximity to the hole (170yds away) that for some reason shows on the screen but not on the export data. Proximity to the hole, the LS won out, carry yards, LS won out and feel, LS won out.