New bag for 2021, need a new Stand bag

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, swagee said:

Love my Stitch SL2. One of the best carry bags out there. It is lightweight, extremely pretty, durable, 100% water proof and very functional.

I got tons of compliments from the cart girls, which for me is the most important thing when it comes to golf bag. 

Here's an actual photo for reference.

Cheers.

AC4CA60C-2BA2-45A1-8900-7F8F7B60A6E4.jpeg.e5115b841812abd7ab2105b84e710132.jpeg

Just got an SL2 for something a bit lighter than my Gfore Daytona. How is it with tangling? The Gfore succcccccks for club tangle. 

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

Lifetime Ping Hoofer gamer until last winter when I purchased the newest Titleist StaDry. Ugh, mistake. Although it’s as advertised on the waterproof side, the pockets are tiny and hold nothing. No rangefinder pocket, no water bottle holder and the strap system sucks. It’s pretty narrow too for clubs. I’m an Iomic Sticky gamer so that has something to do with it but just no room. Giving this thing away and going back to the ‘21 Ping Hoofer. I played Phoenix CC years ago and purchased a Ping bag from them, great item! Good luck in your search but I’d avoid Titleist bags. 

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Toulon First Run San Diego w/ KBS TourGPS

I'll jump on the vessel bandwagon and echo that they really do make quality products.  I have an all black player 2.0 and while it's not bulletproof, the leather does wear well.  The magnetic range finder pocket is so simple and so effective, kinda surprising it's not a mainstream thing found on all bags.

Customer service is great too, I ordered a small part on Friday afternoon, they were able to get it in the mail same day and since I'm in socal, it arrived the next day.  

Too bad everything is out of stock right now, but whenever they do get more stock, you can't go wrong with Vessel.  

On 1/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, VA_Astra said:

Im really digging the Vessel bags, but some great choices I havent thought of in here, thanks guys!

I just got a Vessel Player 3.0 bag.  It seems like the perfect bag for those who carry a bit, but often ride.  Quality looks excellent and it has the magnetic pocket you mentioned.

I just got a Titleist Players 4 Carbon Stand bag and I love it. I fit two sleeve of golf balls, box of tees, two gloves, SSR, and a rangefinder, and I still have room for a few more things. It's also not heavy at all and it sits well on the shoulders, perfect for walking. I use to game a TM FlexTech Lite and in my opinion, the players 4 is way better in quality and feel. I also have an SL1 which I use just to switch up my bag from time to time. It's very good quality and great for walking nine, but you have to be selective on what you bring to the course since it only has two medium sized pockets and two small ones. It also starts to get uncomfortable after a while since it only has one strap. Nonetheless, it's perfect for the minimalistic golfer and it looks beautiful paired with some neutral looking head covers. 

I’m mostly a lurker to these here parts but looking for your thoughts.

I need a new stand bag. My Hoofer must be about 10 years old and I’m going to put it into a retirement community for worn out golf bags (ie the dump).

I’m a walker, don’t use a trolly or a buggy, though I am exceedingly lazy generally.

Ideally I would just get a new Hoofer but I hate all the current colourways. Yes, I’m shallow.

I like the Hoofer Tour but it’s a bit white for the inclement weather in Northern Ireland. Plus my dad had always drummed into me his hatred for white when buying cars. “Remember son, white is sh*te”.

I like 5 way tops. I wouldn’t go down to 4 and in my opinion, anyone who uses 14 way tops is a monster.

Answers on a postcard, or alternatively, in this thread for options. 

• Like 4

I'm crying laughing at your post.  My Dad also drummed in the "White is sh*te" theory about cars, maybe it's a generational thing.  

I just ordered a Vessel Player III stand bag in white, and can't wait to get it.  

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* Graphite Design Tour AD-U 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

On 1/10/2021 at 12:08 AM, Linkkingx said:

I finally got this bad boy after preordering it in November. It's the vessel 3 bag with the 14 way top. I'm coming from a sun mountain hybrid bag I've had since 2014. Functionally I can already tell this bag isn't going to be as good. The top is smaller and the clubs stick a little coming in and out. I haven't played a round with it yet so I can't give it a full review. The up side is that it looks awesome and has a real solid feel to it. I like the magnetic pocket for my rangefinder and I like that it has a double strap for carrying. The hybrid bag only had a single strap. I don't carry often but the few times I do I think it will make a big difference. I can do a full review after using it for a round or two, but who knows when that will be here in the northeast.

PXL_20210108_014756592.PORTRAIT.jpg

I too just got a player III that is replacing a sun mountain hybrid. I really love the vessel, if I had one complaint it would be the opening size. That 10.5” on the hybrid is/was awesome. I tried the new 4.5 ls 14 way and took it back. Just didn’t feel as well made as my old hybrid. I’m looking forward to getting some rounds in with the vessel. The straps are super comfortable. 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, ShankAaron said:

Have not yet loaded her up yet, but I am very impressed with the Vessel Players III offering so far. More side pocket storage, really digging the redesigned top, and love love LOVE the color options this year. The gray is 🔥🔥🔥. It was a hard inner battle between the gray, the Navy, or the Orange/Black/White combo. All three are sharp looking. Apologies for the orientation. I don't know how to rotate them to fit on the site. 

286655978_Vessel3.jpg.c47d603fd3e4085d20a777955094e05a.jpg281068925_Vessel2.jpg.f617ebd95629308aa20e9c07ce1f3cad.jpg395474803_vessel1.jpg.76d75b8116eb160dda3a4fe68ecc27f8.jpg

I bought the black one, but was really torn- that orange, white and black looks so good too! They all look good! The white getting dirty/dingy looking is what stopped me. I love the bag. The straps are so comfortable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bailman said:

I bought the black one, but was really torn- that orange, white and black looks so good too! They all look good! The white getting dirty/dingy looking is what stopped me. I love the bag. The straps are so comfortable. 

1 month, two frozen rounds, and 20 range/sim visits later and I'm still loving the Players 3. Such an improvement over the 2. If I HAVE to find something I don't like about I'd have to go with the bottle pockets could be a little bigger. Other than that, Vessel got this one right. 

Shank's 2023 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym TD 8* +1.N/Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6X

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Epic Speed Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

-Pro V1X

14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

On 1/24/2021 at 10:00 PM, MattGolfs said:

Had the Sun mountain 14-way 4.5 stand bag for about a year and loved the quality but didn’t love the 14 slots and thought I could use something a bit lighter for walking. 

Switched to the sun mountain 2.5 stand bag and I love it! It’s the lightest bag for walking and rides great in the cart as well. High quality. Has the perfect amount of pockets (i like to keep the stuff in my bag to a minimum). If you want something a bit more substantial the 3.5 would be great for walking and would ride a bit better. Nothing but good things to say about sun mountain. And I like having a mixed bag set up so i like how Sun mountain is a neutral company

Interesting, I just got the SM 4.5 LS non 14 way divider and really miss having 14 way.  It's kind of strange only having 3 rows of slots vs. the 14 way which has 4 and keeps the clubheads off each other.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 6:59 AM, meliaant said:

I'm crying laughing at your post.  My Dad also drummed in the "White is sh*te" theory about cars, maybe it's a generational thing.  

I just ordered a Vessel Player III stand bag in white, and can't wait to get it.  

I am looking to make the switch to a vessel bag (the VLX one, same material as the players 3), and really like the look of the white. My main concern is durability and how it will hold up. Can you share how your the white players 3 has held up so far? Is it easy to clean being the synthetic leather material? Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, Linkkingx said:

So quick update. I got out for 9 holes yesterday and I'm happy to say I had no issues with clubs snagging coming in and out of the bag. Even though it was only 9 holes I used almost every club so I got a good feel for it. The putter slot and driver slots are nice and big so there was no issue whatsoever there. I rode in a cart and the bag sat nicely without moving around. So far so good.

After a full season, are you still loving it?  Walking with it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, BoomShakalaka5 said:

After a full season, are you still loving it?  Walking with it?

Yeah it's pretty good. It still looks great and is holding up well. It's very easy to clean with just a wet cloth or wipe. Compared to the sun mountain hybrid bag I had before it's not as spacious but is definitely higher quality. I really like the magnetic pocket for my rangefinder. I find that clubs tend to snag a little more when the bag is standing with the legs deployed, which is a little annoying when I'm at the range. I use a push cart when walking and that hasn't been an issue. When mounted on a cart or push cart the clubs don't get caught up. I have carried it a couple times this year and the straps are comfortable but it's obviously not the lightest bag in the world. Overall I'd say if you're looking for a great looking bag with a nice build quality then go for it. Might not be the most functional bag in the world but it's not bad. 

• 8 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, swagee said:

Love my Stitch SL2. One of the best carry bags out there. It is lightweight, extremely pretty, durable, water resistant and very functional.

I got tons of compliments from the cart girls, which for me is the most important metric when it comes to golf bag. 

Here's an actual photo for reference.

Cheers.

AC4CA60C-2BA2-45A1-8900-7F8F7B60A6E4.jpeg.e5115b841812abd7ab2105b84e710132.jpeg

Referral link to your headcover? It is awesome!!!