New bag for 2021, need a new Stand bag

On 1/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, swagee said:

Love my Stitch SL2. One of the best carry bags out there. It is lightweight, extremely pretty, durable, 100% water proof and very functional.

I got tons of compliments from the cart girls, which for me is the most important thing when it comes to golf bag. 

Here's an actual photo for reference.

Cheers.

AC4CA60C-2BA2-45A1-8900-7F8F7B60A6E4.jpeg.e5115b841812abd7ab2105b84e710132.jpeg

Looking for a new bag, and when I read this post also, it was going to instantly buy, but it's not waterproof.

Edited by Frankensteins Monster

Have not yet loaded her up yet, but I am very impressed with the Vessel Players III offering so far. More side pocket storage, really digging the redesigned top, and love love LOVE the color options this year. The gray is 🔥🔥🔥. It was a hard inner battle between the gray, the Navy, or the Orange/Black/White combo. All three are sharp looking. Apologies for the orientation. I don't know how to rotate them to fit on the site. 

286655978_Vessel3.jpg.c47d603fd3e4085d20a777955094e05a.jpg281068925_Vessel2.jpg.f617ebd95629308aa20e9c07ce1f3cad.jpg395474803_vessel1.jpg.76d75b8116eb160dda3a4fe68ecc27f8.jpg

• Like 1

Shank's 2023 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym TD 8* +1.N/Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6X

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Epic Speed Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

-Pro V1X

14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

On 1/2/2021 at 9:55 PM, aenemated said:

I'm a big fan of the Vessel bags. I've got the Lux Cart and the Lite Lux. Simple, minimal branding and great quality. Love the little magnetic pocket for my range finder. 

I'm looking at buying a Lite Lux - how is the club tangle? I had a regular lite and had to return it because the club tangle was insane. 

50 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

I'm looking at buying a Lite Lux - how is the club tangle? I had a regular lite and had to return it because the club tangle was insane. 

It's a little tight since I switched to JumboMax - kinda expected - but I don't really remember it being anymore of a problem than with any other bag when I was still playing skinny grips. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

I got the Mizuno Tour Stand bag w/ 6 way divider from last year. Huge fan. Love the quality. It's on the heavier and larger side for a stand bag. It's been through over a dozen rain storms and many 100+ degF rounds. It's stood up quite well. Pockets stay dry and bag hasnt torn or degraded.

I use the push-cart a lot, otherwise im riding. I dont walk and carry. Bag works perfectly with the push cart setup. It feels like a stand bag when im riding. It's not so heavy that i cant carry it to the range either. My range section is about 300 yards away from the ball dispenser. I carry the bag and two large buckets for my range sessions. Bag feels perfect. Its probably too heavy to carry and walk. Definitely recommend

On 1/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, Linkkingx said:

I had the sun mountain hybrid bag which is probably the equivalent of the C130S bag. The putter spot on the Vessel is pretty big and so is the other spot right under it where I'm putting my driver. I use regular size grips and my putter grip is a 104cc golf pride tour snsr, so not too oversized. The clubs I notice sticking a little are on the sides. Might be hard to see in this side by side but the top and slots are much smaller than the sun mountain. I'll get a better idea how it works out after using it for a few rounds. 

PXL_20210110_205640780.jpg

I missed out on the launch of the Vessel Player 3.0 in that same Indigo colorway.  I'm an Oklahoma State grad, so it sung to me.  I reached out to Vessel through Instagram and they informed me that they were working on a few "glitches" from the original launch and hoped to have it back on their website sometime in March.  I signed up for the email notification as I'd really like to purchase one given all of the feedback elsewhere, but I'm hopeful they are widening those dividers on the 14 way top or I might have to go back to the 6 way.  Thanks for sharing the photos and the info on the bag...extremely helpful as I'm eyeing getting away from my Callaway Fusion 14's for the first time in 4-5 years.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:01 PM, ObiwanForAll said:

Also have Stitch SL2 in light blue....gets many comments along with Swag headcovers (Chicago hot dog in light blue to match 🙂). But more importantly the quality is tough to beat. Extremely well made and small details show up.

I've heard the pockets on the sides are tight, specifically the valuables pocket, which makes it nearly impossible to get a hand with a phone or wallet in/out.  Can you elaborate a bit on that by chance?  Thanks in advance!

On 1/12/2021 at 8:16 AM, ShankAaron said:

Have not yet loaded her up yet, but I am very impressed with the Vessel Players III offering so far. More side pocket storage, really digging the redesigned top, and love love LOVE the color options this year. The gray is 🔥🔥🔥. It was a hard inner battle between the gray, the Navy, or the Orange/Black/White combo. All three are sharp looking. Apologies for the orientation. I don't know how to rotate them to fit on the site. 

286655978_Vessel3.jpg.c47d603fd3e4085d20a777955094e05a.jpg281068925_Vessel2.jpg.f617ebd95629308aa20e9c07ce1f3cad.jpg395474803_vessel1.jpg.76d75b8116eb160dda3a4fe68ecc27f8.jpg

Great looking bag, I contacted Vessel (a few months ago) on if they still sell the single strap, at that time they said we do but the new strap is "convertible".

How would you guess the new strap is convertible to a single strap? The only thing I can see is to take off 1 strap with the clips, which then puts extreme stress on the other clips and makes the bag unbalanced.

SIM 10.5

Ai Smoke TD 18 | Apex UW 21

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

On 1/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, shoot4par said:

I have a Miura Vessel and I love it. Magnetic pocket for a rangefinder, well insulated cooler pocket. Its a little heavy. I've been thinking about a new bag for about 1-2 years. Theres a company I've been following during the same period of time called MNML golf. Their s*** is so sharp and it has an awesome tech package. I commented on a thread regarding it about 6 months on the forums. Let me dig it up for you. 

I mentioned the MNML to my wife in early December and sure enough got one for xmas. I won't have a chance to take it out for a few months but it sure fits the bill as far as looks and function for me. I had been looking for quite awhile for a clean looking stand bag. This one stood out.

It's a well thought out design with solar charge for phone or device. I like  the pocket designs. First bag in years without individual club slots. And I'm good with that. They can tangle clubs too and are a pain to keep clean at the bottom.

Look forward to using it.

182A070D-62AF-45E2-B6BD-B4CE50C0B2E3.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, ObiwanForAll said:

Also have Stitch SL2 in light blue....gets many comments along with Swag headcovers (Chicago hot dog in light blue to match 🙂). But more importantly the quality is tough to beat. Extremely well made and small details show up.

I really like the look of this bag! How would you rate it as a bag that would be used three ways...carried, push cart, riding cart? Thanks 

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

22 hours ago, mbressers said:

I missed out on the launch of the Vessel Player 3.0 in that same Indigo colorway.  I'm an Oklahoma State grad, so it sung to me.  I reached out to Vessel through Instagram and they informed me that they were working on a few "glitches" from the original launch and hoped to have it back on their website sometime in March.  I signed up for the email notification as I'd really like to purchase one given all of the feedback elsewhere, but I'm hopeful they are widening those dividers on the 14 way top or I might have to go back to the 6 way.  Thanks for sharing the photos and the info on the bag...extremely helpful as I'm eyeing getting away from my Callaway Fusion 14's for the first time in 4-5 years.

Yeah I doubt they're going to change the top but you never know. The issue is that the top is physically smaller than the sun mountain so it's tough to squeeze 14 roomy slots in there. It still could be good, I just need to get out and use it a few times to know for sure. I've had experience with the Callaway bags also and they are not very good. They do own Ogio now so maybe they're getting better, but I wouldn't buy one without seeing it first. I probably would've just got another sun mountain bag but I haven't been spending anything on golf all year thanks to this covid crap so I decided to get stupid and go all out on a completely unnecessary splurge, haha!

21 hours ago, texcellence86 said:

Great looking bag, I contacted Vessel (a few months ago) on if they still sell the single strap, at that time they said we do but the new strap is "convertible".

How would you guess the new strap is convertible to a single strap? The only thing I can see is to take off 1 strap with the clips, which then puts extreme stress on the other clips and makes the bag unbalanced.

I almost always use both straps, so I've never really thought of the extra stress on the other clips and ends. Since you brought it up I took a very hard look at my bag strap and the clips. My take- They're pretty heavy duty as strap clips go, IMO they would hold up fine long term. I'm coming out of a Player's II bag and in the two years I've had it I've carried it at least 30 times. The links on that bag show no signs of being worse off, I would expect the same from my new Players III bag moving forward.

Even if it pops on you, Vessels customer service is top tier. Two weeks into my Players 2 bag and on my 3rd round with it the clip for the cart strap on the cart I was in broke and my bag fell off driving from 9 to the 10th tee. What's so bad about that? The cart behind me with my oldest son and my father in law ran over the bag breaking the carbon fiber legs. Called Vessel to order a new bag and they sent me a replacement bag asking only that I return the broken bag to them. I left my strap on a cart in 2019 and called in to purchase another one (the website said call to order). The lady I dealt with wouldn't let me pay for it....then shipped the replacement 2-day air. Both of those stories were absolutely zero fault to Vessel, but they treated it like it was and took care of me. You get what you pay for is true. 

Here's a link from the Vessel website that shows the process of changing the combo strap to a single. 

Shank's 2023 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym TD 8* +1.N/Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6X

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Epic Speed Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

-Pro V1X

14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

3 hours ago, ShankAaron said:

I almost always use both straps, so I've never really thought of the extra stress on the other clips and ends. Since you brought it up I took a very hard look at my bag strap and the clips. My take- They're pretty heavy duty as strap clips go, IMO they would hold up fine long term. I'm coming out of a Player's II bag and in the two years I've had it I've carried it at least 30 times. The links on that bag show no signs of being worse off, I would expect the same from my new Players III bag moving forward.

Even if it pops on you, Vessels customer service is top tier. Two weeks into my Players 2 bag and on my 3rd round with it the clip for the cart strap on the cart I was in broke and my bag fell off driving from 9 to the 10th tee. What's so bad about that? The cart behind me with my oldest son and my father in law ran over the bag breaking the carbon fiber legs. Called Vessel to order a new bag and they sent me a replacement bag asking only that I return the broken bag to them. I left my strap on a cart in 2019 and called in to purchase another one (the website said call to order). The lady I dealt with wouldn't let me pay for it....then shipped the replacement 2-day air. Both of those stories were absolutely zero fault to Vessel, but they treated it like it was and took care of me. You get what you pay for is true. 

Here's a link from the Vessel website that shows the process of changing the combo strap to a single. 

Thanks for the rundown and video!

• Like 1

SIM 10.5

Ai Smoke TD 18 | Apex UW 21

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

On 1/12/2021 at 4:58 AM, Frankensteins Monster said:

Looking for a new bag, and when I read this post also, it was going to instantly buy, but it's not waterproof.

If u dump it in water then it’s not.

It’s “water resistance” if we want to be technical. 

19 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

I really like the look of this bag! How would you rate it as a bag that would be used three ways...carried, push cart, riding cart? Thanks 

Carry 10/10 lightweight, sleek minimalist design, functional.

Push cart 9/10 a few extra pockets would be nice.

Riding 6/10 due to the lack of storage space. 

On 1/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, mbressers said:

I've heard the pockets on the sides are tight, specifically the valuables pocket, which makes it nearly impossible to get a hand with a phone or wallet in/out.  Can you elaborate a bit on that by chance?  Thanks in advance!

It’s a minimalist design, so spaces are limited. However, u can comfortably fit everything u need for a round of golf.
Here’s what I carry in the pockets:

Front side (large): 2 sleeves of balls, 8 practice balls, a bag of tees/markers/divot tools, a bag of mixed nuts, an Orgain protein shake.

Back side (small): a pocket rule book, 2  game gloves, 2 practice gloves, sunscreen lotion, a pack of claritin, a bag of dried fruit.

Valuable pocket: ip, money clip, cash. I dont use a wallet, but I reckon it is probably a lil tight for both a wallet and a large phone. But u have plenty of room on the side pockets for either one. 

Water pocket: 30oz bottle of water

5 hours ago, swagee said:

Carry 10/10 lightweight, sleek minimalist design, functional.

Push cart 9/10 a few extra pockets would be nice.

Riding 6/10 due to the lack of storage space. 

Thanks! Is the 6/10 only because of the storage space? I don’t carry as much as you do so the pocket size wouldn’t be a problem for me. I’d be more curious to see if you have any issues getting clubs in and out of the top?

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

5 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

Thanks! Is the 6/10 only because of the storage space? I don’t carry as much as you do so the pocket size wouldn’t be a problem for me. I’d be more curious to see if you have any issues getting clubs in and out of the top?

I used to ride and had a staff bag with so much storage for my extra bells and whistles. So 6/10 is for the lack of storage space IF I mainly use it as a cart bag. 
It has a 4 way divider, so i group my clubs as woods, long irons, short irons, wedges and putter. The dividers go all the way down to the bottom of the bag so shafts don’t tangle up. I find it very easy to get clubs in and out even while walking. 

AC4CA60C-2BA2-45A1-8900-7F8F7B60A6E4.jpeg.e5115b841812abd7ab2105b84e710132.jpeg

On 1/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, Linkkingx said:

Yeah I doubt they're going to change the top but you never know. The issue is that the top is physically smaller than the sun mountain so it's tough to squeeze 14 roomy slots in there. It still could be good, I just need to get out and use it a few times to know for sure. I've had experience with the Callaway bags also and they are not very good. They do own Ogio now so maybe they're getting better, but I wouldn't buy one without seeing it first. I probably would've just got another sun mountain bag but I haven't been spending anything on golf all year thanks to this covid crap so I decided to get stupid and go all out on a completely unnecessary splurge, haha!

So quick update. I got out for 9 holes yesterday and I'm happy to say I had no issues with clubs snagging coming in and out of the bag. Even though it was only 9 holes I used almost every club so I got a good feel for it. The putter slot and driver slots are nice and big so there was no issue whatsoever there. I rode in a cart and the bag sat nicely without moving around. So far so good.

I think im going Mizzy 6 way top. Ping wants me to take it to a retailer and see if they will fix it somehow. I thought it would be easier than that, but might be my last Ping bag ever.

Vessel looks awesome, they are all out of stock. MNML looks super cool, but I ride in a cart too much and need the space.

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

Everyone I know that has a Stitch likes it AND complains about the pockets and lack of space/storage. 

I went the Vessel Tour Stand 3.0 that just arrived. Haven’t been out yet but LOVE it!

They also sent me a microfiber towel AND the cart sleeve to prevent wear. Thanks Vessel. 

A8FCFF30-3393-4223-9882-9EA693B04818.jpeg

2F9EF480-A7FA-46A6-BACC-6CCBE6AB2641.jpeg

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Check out MNML Golf. Just got my bag from them and couldn't be happier. 

TaylorMade SIM2 9 - Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 7X

TaylorMade SIM 5W - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 8X

TaylorMade P790 2 UDI - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 9X

TaylorMade P7MC 3-PW - True Temper Dynamic Gold X-Seven

TaylorMade MG2 50/54/58 - Nippon Modus 3 Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7

Snell MTB Black

Had the Sun mountain 14-way 4.5 stand bag for about a year and loved the quality but didn’t love the 14 slots and thought I could use something a bit lighter for walking. 

Switched to the sun mountain 2.5 stand bag and I love it! It’s the lightest bag for walking and rides great in the cart as well. High quality. Has the perfect amount of pockets (i like to keep the stuff in my bag to a minimum). If you want something a bit more substantial the 3.5 would be great for walking and would ride a bit better. Nothing but good things to say about sun mountain. And I like having a mixed bag set up so i like how Sun mountain is a neutral company

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs