The Stack System

Max21

So I just got The Stack System to try.  Giving it a go after doing Speed Sticks for a while (the lightest one snapped off at the grip). 

I did the baseline testing and my eSpeed was actually on the lower end of my actual Driver speed.  The eSpeed number is what I would call a very controlled get me out there speed.

All my 10 driver swings to start the assessment were higher than this number.  

Anyone else seen this?  Hopefully it doesn't mean I am already at my max.

2 minutes ago, joshsparham said:

So I just got The Stack System to try.  Giving it a go after doing Speed Sticks for a while (the lightest one snapped off at the grip). 

I did the baseline testing and my eSpeed was actually on the lower end of my actual Driver speed.  The eSpeed number is what I would call a very controlled get me out there speed.

All my 10 driver swings to start the assessment were higher than this number.  

Anyone else seen this?  Hopefully it doesn't mean I am already at my max.

Stick to the process.

If you get 0.5mph permanent gain every month and it sticks in 12 months that would be ideal.

I wouldnt obsess over the e-speed as a hard and fast number. Use it as a metric to measure yourself against - IE is it going up or down over the course of 5/10/15/20 workouts. 

• Like 1

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Joining the club - mine shipped. Looking forward to progress with you all. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

I sent my code to someone and it worked. He got $50 off and I got one Stack credit(year subscription.) While it looks like I can send another, I don’t want to be greedy and would like to see other current owners be able to take advantage of this. If, however, no one else is offering a code at a given time, I’d be happy to help someone out. 

Edited by Seamus_McDuff
  • Like 2

Happy to provide a code too!  Just shoot me a DM.  Very responsive!  The Stack keeps getting better and better.  Pair up the $50 referral with trading in your Speed Sticks for an additional $100 rebate ($150 total discount).  Can't beat that deal.

Edited by darom86
  • Like 2

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"

I would also recommend to others considering the Stack is to upgrade to a PRGR from the SSR.  PRGR is not only more accurate and consistent, but has the added benefit of measuring ball speed so you can track gains on the range and course.  Invaluable upgrade.  PRGR makes the SSR look like a kid's toy. 

Current WITB:

19 minutes ago, darom86 said:

I would also recommend to others considering the Stack is to upgrade to a PRGR from the SSR.  PRGR is not only more accurate and consistent, but has the added benefit of measuring ball speed so you can track gains on the range and course.  Invaluable upgrade.  PRGR makes the SSR look like a kid's toy. 

Could not agree more with this - I think it was $70 more but it is light years better than the SSR. I have tried both SSRs and they just were not consistant enough for me. I would get crazy numbers and it was just not something I was confident in - at all. PRGR is a really great tool and obviously easy enough to pack and take with you.

• Like 1

My Stack is on the way (thanks for the referral code @Seamus_McDuff!). 

If you can afford it, the Mevo+ ($2K retail, $1,700 during sales) is in my opinion the perfect swing speed measurement tool for these reasons:

1. I’ve tested it alongside both our TrackMan 4 and GCQuad, and its clubspeed numbers are dead-perfect every time

2. It has a speed training mode that will measure both clubhead speed AND clubhead path without a ball

3. It integrates with the Stack for ease of data entry

4. It’s small and light enough to throw in your golf bag

5. It’s also a full-featured launch monitor that’s accurate indoors and out, comes with a limited version of E6 Connect sim software, integrates with all popular sim software packages, gives full club data ($1K add-on, $750 during sales), and the 2023 edition of it ($2,100) includes their PC practice software for the best home studio experience ($99 upgrade for the first edition owners). 

Speaking as someone who reps all the major manufacturers, I’ll say that it’s currently the best bang-for-the-buck LM on the market. 

Edited by GungHoGolf
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lefty96 said:

Has anyone with slower swing speeds had any success with this system? Driver speed being around 90 or below? Im considering buying this for my father. Thank you for the help!

No direct experience, but I would think that slower speed players would have a higher chance at real gains than faster players - like newbies in a gym getting those massive gains the first three months or so. (Unless there are significant physical/mobility restrictions involved.)

11 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

If you go review online almost all the double digit jumps are folks under 105.

That would be logical.  If you’re already fast it’s harder to get 10mph faster

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

4 hours ago, mcmahon13 said:

Is the PRGR ok for people with slower swing speeds? I read somewhere that it is better for people with higher swing speeds, but can't for the life of me remember where I read that. 

Looking to make the leap and grab the Stack, just want to make sure I am pairing it with a good speed monitor.

Doesn’t matter 

• Like 1

I have used the SSR, SC200+, PRGR and Mevo+ with The Stack. None are perfect. My SSR was pretty accurate (compared to a Trackman), but was VERY sensitive to how it was set up. This caused some major inconsistencies in readings.

I couldn't get the SC200+ to work much at all for me (yes, it was in the correct mode). Others love it, so who knows. TSS says it gets a little wonky above 110 mph, but that was never going to be a prob for me 😆.

The PRGR was very good and VERY consistent. All of the readings were within a couple of MPH of each other. It reads a bit slow IMO. Very simple to set up and use. The other metrics it gives (at the range, for carry distance, BS, etc) are not very reliable.

The Mevo+ is really seamless, which is both a strength and a weakness. It misses more swings than the PRGR, and gives bad readings from time to time (93, 92, 68, 94...), which you have to correct in the Stack app. It also reads the slowest of the three. I think you need to be a little careful to stay in its hitting area.

I'm using the Mevo+ all the time now, but keep the PRGR to use for speed work at the range because it is so small and easy to use.

If I were getting a speed device solely to use with the Stack, it would def be the PRGR.

YMMV.

Yeah I'll be honest, for purposes of swing/speed training, I dont even put the Mevo+ in the same class as the PRGR. Its 8x the price - it should be better. But to just measure swing speed and ball speed, I think the PRGR does a great job.

3 hours ago, DLiver said:

The Mevo+ is really seamless, which is both a strength and a weakness. It misses more swings than the PRGR, and gives bad readings from time to time (93, 92, 68, 94...), which you have to correct in the Stack app. It also reads the slowest of the three. I think you need to be a little careful to stay in its hitting area.

Interesting - I've never seen the Mevo+ miss a swing or misread (compared to TM) with driver air swings. Perhaps it's not as good at reading the head of the Stack? Don't know, as I don't have my Stack yet. But I'll test. Definitely do have to stay in its hitting area.

I find the clubhead path data of the Mevo+ to be very useful when speed training with driver - it's easy to unintentionally groove an OTT path when going max speed.

5 minutes ago, GungHoGolf said:

Interesting - I've never seen the Mevo+ miss a swing or misread (compared to TM) with driver air swings. Perhaps it's not as good at reading the head of the Stack? Don't know, as I don't have my Stack yet. But I'll test. Definitely do have to stay in its hitting area.

I find the clubhead path data of the Mevo+ to be very useful when speed training with driver - it's easy to unintentionally groove an OTT path when going max speed.

You won't be able to look at path data when using the Mevo+--at least I couldn't. The unit is either connected to the FS Golf app or the Stack app. The Stack communicates directly with the Mevo+ and your swings are automatically entered. I guess you could read the data on the FS app and manually enter it into the Stack app, but the would defeat the whole seamless integration thing.

I think some units do have some trouble with the smaller Stack club. The SC200+ would pick up my driver every single time, but would miss the Stack stick a lot. In fairness, I didn't spend a ton of time screwing around with it. I really liked that unit though==it seemed like a very high quality build.

• Like 1

Interested to hear about stalls or regressions people have had on the stack. Back in December my 195g sets were averaging about 105, and I was seeing some swings over 110. This correlated closely with real driver swings - I clocked my first 117 mph driver swing in a very long time.

I had a two week break around Christmas and I am really struggling to get close to that since - I can’t seem to muster anything over 102/103 in the past month. On course is fine, but I’m hanging around 109-111.

My numbers trend up and trend down. The trending down numbers are frustrating--really frustrating. But my numbers on the course never trend down. Never. When I am doing the Stack religiously, my numbers on the course either stay the same or go up. Sometimes they go up significantly.

You just need to do the work--and stay with it--and the gains will come.

Edited by DLiver
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chief Penguin said:

Interested to hear about stalls or regressions people have had on the stack. Back in December my 195g sets were averaging about 105, and I was seeing some swings over 110. This correlated closely with real driver swings - I clocked my first 117 mph driver swing in a very long time.

I had a two week break around Christmas and I am really struggling to get close to that since - I can’t seem to muster anything over 102/103 in the past month. On course is fine, but I’m hanging around 109-111.

Here’s a good video about expectations with examples. Made me feel better about stalling and/or regressing. 

https://www.thestacksystem.com/pages/speed-increase-expectations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, Lefty96 said:

Has anyone with slower swing speeds had any success with this system? Driver speed being around 90 or below? Im considering buying this for my father. Thank you for the help!

If he sticks with he will for sure see gains. I was bare cracking 100. No my speed no ball is 110’ish

I’m almost done.  Besides a 4 day break I’ve stuck to it.  
My last driver fitting I was 95 mph driver swing.  Started the stack right around there 94.   My goal is 105.  I’m there consistently right now.  I played only 18 holes and hit a bucket of golf balls and the speed is real even with on course swings.  My accuracy changed, but it’s because I’m spinning the ball more.  I’ll lower that with a shaft change.  

F699AD31-69A8-40FA-9A85-35C7A70473DD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

After 7 sessions and the baseline testing, the app is telling me I've gone up from 100 eSpeed to 109 eSpeed.  Grit is at 98% so I've been sticking at it religiously so far.

I was unsure if I've had any real gains that would translate to a ball, etc.;  I had a driver fitting in Nov. 2022 and was at 108 swing speed and 161-162 ball speed.

I thought my gains in the app were simply due to getting comfortable swinging without hitting a ball; the FAQs say a lot of golfers swing a lot slower at first without a ball, but get acclimated and up to their normal speed after a few sessions.  After my seventh session, I had returned just about to that fitting club head speed.

Well I was finally able to hit the range and hit some balls on Saturday morning.  For reference, I have never been able to swing it faster than 107-110 mph and low 160s ball speed.  This includes a college career in the 2000s until now.

With the PRGR out, I did a speed priming with balls session.  When hitting driver with a ball, I hit 111-114 mph consistently with 164 ball speed with beat up range balls (smash was 1.44 on super center solid hits).  A little algebra has me closing in on 170 ball speed with premium balls.  That is a game changer for me.

After only 7 sessions, I am really impressed and encouraged to keep at this.  I am readjusting my goals to a max 120 chs and 178 ball speed.  Would love to cruise on the course at 115 chs and 170 ball speed (and have it carry on through the bag).  I think that is legitimately in the cards. 

I had tried the super speed sticks in the past, but found them too hard on the body and tough to know if I had any gains.  The Stack app makes me feel like I am in a human video game competing against myself.  It is very engaging and addictive. 

I feel Sasho has bio hacked speed and it feels so efficient - only a handful of swings per workout, less than 20 minutes, and no opposite hand swings.  EZ PZ.

• Like 3

Current WITB: