The Stack System

Max21

19 hours ago, Jlocke22 said:

Not sure if anyone follows Tre’ Mullins on Instagram but he posted about a TPI Throwing Protocol and “speed primer” as he called it and showed what he did before sessions. I did find a pack of weighted balls on Amazon and did left and right throws/holds before my stack session and shattered some PRs for 0g, 60, 120, 220g, and 195 twice. Pretty pumped and will keep working in these throws for a few weeks! 

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4906.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

IMG_4909.jpeg

what is the little stand your prgr is sitting on ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Wow, do you also know which Amazon throwing ball set you purchased? See some weights close to what he was throwing but not exact. 

https://www.amazon.com/GoSports-Plyometric-Weighted-Baseball-Softball/dp/B09MZWF4VX/ref=asc_df_B09MZWSFF3/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=564706327362&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1139575072224577207&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017504&hvtargid=pla-1652056976859&mcid=f0d0bb6789d13c70b37de52aa6e060d3&th=1 - I actually purchased two different ones. The other one just had three balls and was a bit cheaper and was just going to add in an oversized tennis ball, golf ball, and towel whip like he showed but I may return that and just go with this one. 

You could for sure feel it got the CNS firing up leading into the Stack session. 

8 minutes ago, TayTaySlam said:

what is the little stand your prgr is sitting on ?

My mini tripod stand broke a few weeks back and it's just a random small black case that props it the same height just over my mat to help prevent misreads. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

@bmrowe have not seen or heard that before. May be worth an email to Stack/Sasho. Very interesting you are experiencing that. Maybe that will change the further you get through the first program and somehow limiting yourself with two hands vs 1 arm swings. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Has anyone read any reviews of the new radar? Would like to know if its actually going to work with an old ipad that I've been using....because they wont release an android app.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

Has anyone read any reviews of the new radar? Would like to know if its actually going to work with an old ipad that I've been using....because they wont release an android app.

How old is the iPad? You need iOS 15 or later. 

Got mine yesterday and will try it tomorrow. 

It wasn’t showing in Bluetooth —> My Devices on my phone but once I opened the Stack app and hit “Continue” on the program it started searching and then connected. Of course this is after I switched my device in the Stack app from PRGR to Stack. 

Here’s the manual

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0504/4928/5314/files/Stack_Radar_User_Manual.pdf?v=1707613583

Edited by Seamus_McDuff

7 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

How old is the iPad? You need iOS 15 or later. 

Got mine yesterday and will try it tomorrow. 

It wasn’t showing in Bluetooth —> My Devices on my phone but once I opened the Stack app and hit “Continue” on the program it started searching and then connected. Of course this is after I switched my device in the Stack app from PRGR to Stack. 

Here’s the manual

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0504/4928/5314/files/Stack_Radar_User_Manual.pdf?v=1707613583

I mean its a pretty old ipad but the software and everything is up to date - as is the app.

Interesting there isnt a single thing in the manual on setting up or troubleshooting the bluetooth connection - which I would argue is its main feature.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

2 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

I mean its a pretty old ipad but the software and everything is up to date - as is the app.

Interesting there isnt a single thing in the manual on setting up or troubleshooting the bluetooth connection - which I would argue is its main feature.

Yea I found that odd and my first inclination with a Bluetooth device is to look for it in the Bluetooth settings. Took me a minute to decide to open the app to see what would happen. 

Used my Stack radar today for the first time. I’d be willing to bet it’s made for them by PRGR. Didn’t test them side-by-side but numbers are exactly what I’m used to seeing on PRGR and conversion to eSpeed is the same. No misreads like I’ll occasionally get with PRGR. Bluetooth is really nice to have. Numbers show up in the app instantaneously. For new users the bundle deal is a no-brainer. 

14 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Used my Stack radar today for the first time. I’d be willing to bet it’s made for them by PRGR. Didn’t test them side-by-side but numbers are exactly what I’m used to seeing on PRGR and conversion to eSpeed is the same. No misreads like I’ll occasionally get with PRGR. Bluetooth is really nice to have. Numbers show up in the app instantaneously. For new users the bundle deal is a no-brainer. 

I compared my Stack radar to the Quad. Ball speed was about a MPH higher. Clubhead speed was 1-3 higher than the Quad measured. The gap grew as clubhead speed went up, it seemed.

But, that was hitting balls with a 6I, not just swinging an object (like the Stack "club").

Edited by iacas
  • Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 26. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I compared my Stack radar to the Quad. Ball speed was about a MPH higher. Clubhead speed was 1-3 higher than the Quad measured. The gap grew as clubhead speed went up, it seemed.

But, that was hitting balls with a 6I, not just swinging an object (like the Stack "club").

Stack was pretty close to Trackman iO, sometimes a touch higher, sometimes lower. 

Maybe Friday I’ll do a four way comparison, Stack, PRGR, Trackman iO, GC3. 

Anyone find they swing significantly slower with the Stack than real swings with a ball?

With normal driver swings, my driver swing speed is in the high 90s to low 100s. Measured on Trackman, GC Quad, and GC3.

On the Stack, with the Swing speed radar (the blue one), I have to swing out of my shoes with the 195g to get even close to 90. Sometimes I'm at 85 on the SSR with the Stack. In real life, i can swing a 7 iron around 85 with a ball. 

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Anyone find they swing significantly slower with the Stack than real swings with a ball?

With normal driver swings, my driver swing speed is in the high 90s to low 100s. Measured on Trackman, GC Quad, and GC3.

On the Stack, with the Swing speed radar (the blue one), I have to swing out of my shoes with the 195g to get even close to 90. Sometimes I'm at 85 on the SSR with the Stack. In real life, i can swing a 7 iron around 85 with a ball. 

How long have youve been using stack?

You need some time to develop a stack swing. Over time you learn to move fast without ball. 

10 hours ago, iacas said:

The radar may of course be measuring the toe of the club and the Quad measures the dot. I’ll redo the test with the Max when I get it and a Stack with the dot on the end.

7 hours ago, Rasser75 said:

You need some time to develop a stack swing. Over time you learn to move fast without ball. 

Agreed. Hitting the ball helps you brake the club. No ball = you have to brake yourself.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 26. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

17 hours ago, Rasser75 said:

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Agreed. Hitting the ball helps you brake the club. No ball = you have to brake yourself.

Makes sense. I did a test. Made a few swings today, same "slow" result that I have been experiencing. Then I put down a harmless styrofoam packing peanut in the place I would normally put a ball. When I did that and took a swing, the swing speed on the radar was in a more normal range that I would expect. 

Question for those of you that have been  doing this longer than I have. At what point should I just stop and focus on swing mechanics or switch to another speed training regimen. 

I’ve been at this for 13 sessions and I’m really not seeing any gains. I stretch every day and do weight training on the days I’m not doing the stack system. 

I’m a 7 hcp looking for more speed and I have a fairly busy schedule between family and work. I’ve committed to doing this program every 2-3 days but with the limited time I have I wouldn’t mind working on something else if I’m not going to get any gains from this. 

I’m starting to wonder if I’m one of the golfers that falls into the category of already being maxed out with swing speed potential. Below is my progress. 

IMG_2001.jpeg

10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Question for those of you that have been  doing this longer than I have. At what point should I just stop and focus on swing mechanics or switch to another speed training regimen. 

I’ve been at this for 13 sessions and I’m really not seeing any gains. I stretch every day and do weight training on the days I’m not doing the stack system. 

I’m a 7 hcp looking for more speed and I have a fairly busy schedule between family and work. I’ve committed to doing this program every 2-3 days but with the limited time I have I wouldn’t mind working on something else if I’m not going to get any gains from this. 

I’m starting to wonder if I’m one of the golfers that falls into the category of already being maxed out with swing speed potential. Below is my progress. 

IMG_2001.jpeg

Tough to say. With being tight on time are you warming up sufficiently? That is a big one that can have you not producing solid results, especially early in the session. 

I would try and tinker with some sort of longer hand path, turn, foot lift, etc to try and get a little more stimuli/speed. 

Rest? - I have burnt myself out at times with your similar cadence + some crappy sleep. Maybe take two days or so off from everything and let your body catch up and give it another rip. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

3 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Tough to say. With being tight on time are you warming up sufficiently? That is a big one that can have you not producing solid results, especially early in the session. 

I'll spend 15-20 minutes warming up before I do Stack work. I will either do dumbbell or kettlebells to stretch the arms out, some band work and stretch bar to work on my shoulders and then I will hop on the bike for 5-10 minutes before I do the Stack. Jumping into it cold is a recipe for injury IMO.

As far as Stack vs other options? Meh at this point I've really seen no evidence that *any* of these programs are better than the other. They all require a significant amount of work and dedication so I dont think leaving one for the other is going to provide any magic gains either.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

16 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

IMG_2001.jpeg

Some things I've found true after 2 years of working with Stack:

1. Proper warm-up is critical. If your core temp isn't elevated to the point of having a light sweat going, you're going to be slower until you get there.

2. Quality recovery after doing the workouts is every bit as important as the workouts themselves. Get good sleep, hydrate and eat well, and supplementing creatine was particularly important to unlocking a steady increase in speed potential.

3. Plateaus are frustrating, but common. Keep pushing because you never know when you might see a speed spike. 

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Just finished my first time through Foundations and gained 2 mph on my baseline (121 to 123) and topped out at my highest speed ever at 127+. The app recommended another Foundations round with Full Speed next and then Heavy Hitter. I've figured from the description that Heavy Hitter is overload based. How does Full Spectrum differ from Foundations? Thanks! 

• Like 1
  •  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

On 7/13/2021 at 9:56 AM, Whiskey_fire said:

Has anybody use this that has also used superspeed in the past? I can get the superspeed plus the PRGR radar for the same price as just the stack with no radar. Wondering if it’s worth paying more or not?

IMO, the Stack app sets it well apart from SuperSpeed.

• Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

43 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Just finished my first time through Foundations and gained 2 mph on my baseline (121 to 123) and topped out at my highest speed ever at 127+. The app recommended another Foundations round with Full Speed next and then Heavy Hitter. I've figured from the description that Heavy Hitter is overload based. How does Full Spectrum differ from Foundations? Thanks! 

Nice! I was prescribed Full Speed off the start and around your speed when starting but on my 3rd round of that and did Neural Drive once. so haven’t done Heavy Hitter or Foundations. 

Full Speed normally starts off with something from 220-280 grams max, then goes to like 100-135 gram step, then a lighter 45-75 gram step, back to the original starting weight max, before ending 195 max. 

Seems to keep it fresh and bounces around. Each round after the initial bump has increased another 2 mph so far. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

16 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Nice! I was prescribed Full Speed off the start and around your speed when starting but on my 3rd round of that and did Neural Drive once. so haven’t done Heavy Hitter or Foundations. 

Full Speed normally starts off with something from 220-280 grams max, then goes to like 100-135 gram step, then a lighter 45-75 gram step, back to the original starting weight max, before ending 195 max. 

Seems to keep it fresh and bounces around. Each round after the initial bump has increased another 2 mph so far. 

That's interesting. So 5 sets vs 4? And are there any sort of step drills involved? 

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

3 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

That's interesting. So 5 sets vs 4? And are there any sort of step drills involved? 

Sample Below - this is a Phase 3 session 

IMG_4979.png

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

22 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Sample Below - this is a Phase 3 session 

IMG_4979.png

That's great. Appreciate it. Would love to get 130 and cruise around 125. Nice work so far. How long ago did you start? 

• Like 1
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

Just completed my fourth program over a year and a few months.  Hit some plateaus along the way and felt like I was getting slower at times, but glad to have persisted and fortunate that I have shown an average of 2 mph gains after each program.  I feel like this time next year I may be hitting 120 which I never thought possible.  Important to stick with things and search for every little ounce of speed/power in your swings.  The most recent keys have been a longer backswing and letting it gather at the top before swinging through as hard as I can.  

image.jpeg.16e6934c61e2a4bb5c88763519826d1f.jpeg

Edited by darom86
typo
  • Like 1

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"

1 hour ago, darom86 said:

Just completed my fourth program over a year and a few months.  Hit some plateaus along the way and felt like I was getting slower at times, but glad to have persisted and fortunate that I have shown an average of 2 mph gains after each program.  I feel like this time next year I may be hitting 120 which I never thought possible.  Important to stick with things and search for every little ounce of speed/power in your swings.  The most recent keys have been a longer backswing and letting it gather at the top before swinging through as hard as I can.  

image.jpeg.16e6934c61e2a4bb5c88763519826d1f.jpeg

Congrats! That is awesome. Sometimes I have to laugh when I am just having a day "where I don't have it" compared to newer speeds and scroll back through past sessions in the beginning where I am now swinging something 40-50 grams heavier, faster, vs back when I started

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2