2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

Not a Stack subscriber, but just checking in to say I’ve listened to several podcasts with Sasho and I really really enjoy his stuff.  And who knows, I may eventually find myself all in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Been stuck at 103 for a month in the middle of the full speed spectrum and was having a middling session today, but somehow hit 105 in 3 of my 5 195g swings at the end of the session today - had to grab my driver afterwards (I swing it 2-3 mph faster than my e speed in the app) and was able to hit 119!

I think what unlocked it was watching Wolff today and trying to implement that loop even if it looked nowhere near it on video - but excited to hit some balls and see if I can hit 170+ ball speed!

20240210_214317.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, biglefthander said:

Been stuck at 103 for a month in the middle of the full speed spectrum and was having a middling session today, but somehow hit 105 in 3 of my 5 195g swings at the end of the session today - had to grab my driver afterwards (I swing it 2-3 mph faster than my e speed in the app) and was able to hit 119!

I think what unlocked it was watching Wolff today and trying to implement that loop even if it looked nowhere near it on video - but excited to hit some balls and see if I can hit 170+ ball speed!

20240210_214317.jpg

Glad for you; jumps like this are why it's so important to keep going when the plateaus get a bit discouraging.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Im going to try the ground spreader feel tomorrow and let you know if it helps. Everyone make sure to give feedback on each feel/drill, I will be tinkering each set now lol

Titliest TSR4 Driver 9.5 Tensei 1K Black 75 TX

Srixon Z F85 15 HZRDUS Black  6.5

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

Mizuno MP4 3-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM6 50*/54*/58 Vokey Design Steel Shaft

Cleveland Frontline Elevado Putter 

So have been hitting weights hard and keeping diet on track. However, last night was wife’s birthday and went out and had some fun, drinks, all the food, etc. I didn’t have the best sleep + a bit sore from yesterday’s workout. 

However… 

I did also watch some of the new videos with the ground spreader and ground turns the hips. So I don’t know what exactly contributed to what but set records in dang near every weight I did + fastest 195g set and swing. Plus finally hit my 130 espeed goal! 

IMG_4722.jpeg

• Like 4

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

15 hours ago, Jlocke22 said:

I did also watch some of the new videos with the ground spreader and ground turns the hips. So I don’t know what exactly contributed to what but set records in dang near every weight I did + fastest 195g set and swing. Plus finally hit my 130 espeed goal! 

Wow! Congratulations!! I'm excited to play around with the "ground spreader" video as well. I had similar progress jumps yesterday with the "lead heel lift" video. For whatever reason, something really clicked when I started initiating my downswing transition by "stamping" my lead heel down - which makes me think I was starting my downswing with my torso, not lower body before. I saw a 4mph jump and my joint fastest eSpeed (111mph) of all time with a Max swing.

I'm only 5 sessions into Neural Drive, and the last time I hit 111mph was my penultimate session of the Foundation program. I'm playing tomorrow so I'll be very interested to see how that heel drop feel translates onto the course.

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

59 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Wow! Congratulations!! I'm excited to play around with the "ground spreader" video as well. I had similar progress jumps yesterday with the "lead heel lift" video. For whatever reason, something really clicked when I started initiating my downswing transition by "stamping" my lead heel down - which makes me think I was starting my downswing with my torso, not lower body before. I saw a 4mph jump and my joint fastest eSpeed (111mph) of all time with a Max swing.

I'm only 5 sessions into Neural Drive, and the last time I hit 111mph was my penultimate session of the Foundation program. I'm playing tomorrow so I'll be very interested to see how that heel drop feel translates onto the course.

Huge Jump! Congrats! 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

I am down 6 mph with my broken radar until Friday, quite depressing. Haha

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

This has probably been addressed in the 30+ pages of this thread, but has anyone found that the Stack sessions, warmup and training, is a decent substitute for gym sessions?  Not looking for a complete substitute, but trying to gauge how much of a "workout" this is.  

How long are the sessions?  Does anyone elevate heart rate to cardio range?  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, dunkotime said:

This has probably been addressed in the 30+ pages of this thread, but has anyone found that the Stack sessions, warmup and training, is a decent substitute for gym sessions?  Not looking for a complete substitute, but trying to gauge how much of a "workout" this is.  

How long are the sessions?  Does anyone elevate heart rate to cardio range?  

Thanks!

It's different and I wouldn't say a full substitute. After the first 4 sessions or so, you are max swinging heavy and very light weights as hard as possible and inducing some sweat and elevated heart rate. You could choose a flex program that is lighter and around 8-10 minutes, some special sessions are designed for pre-round, or in addition to on-ball practice can be 10-15. Full program sessions can range 20-30 minutes not including warmup. It's not your traditional "pump" of a normal workout but if not well rested or also pushing yourself in the gym you will feel fried as you are taxing your central nervous system and maxing out swings as hard as possible. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

5 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

It's different and I wouldn't say a full substitute. After the first 4 sessions or so, you are max swinging heavy and very light weights as hard as possible and inducing some sweat and elevated heart rate. You could choose a flex program that is lighter and around 8-10 minutes, some special sessions are designed for pre-round, or in addition to on-ball practice can be 10-15. Full program sessions can range 20-30 minutes not including warmup. It's not your traditional "pump" of a normal workout but if not well rested or also pushing yourself in the gym you will feel fried as you are taxing your central nervous system and maxing out swings as hard as possible. 

Agree with this. It’s not a substitute for strength training, more of a compliment.

its more similar to interval cardio training and plyometrics.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:01 PM, jas0nmacisaac said:

Im going to try the ground spreader feel tomorrow and let you know if it helps. Everyone make sure to give feedback on each feel/drill, I will be tinkering each set now lol

Some excellent content. Tried the ground spreader. Results inconclusive, but I'm not sure if I disengaged properly on the lead leg. The Ground Turns Hips isn't as intuitive. Actually feels like my hips act the opposite way from that feeling of moving the ground backwards. 

Really like the Lead Shoulder Stretch concept. Some concepts can be hard to feel, but this one was comfortable to implement. 

Edited by Earleybird
  • Like 2

How are you guys seeing Driver espeed correlate to actual Driver SS?  I hit a new personal best 131 espeed today, and hit 120 while hitting real golf balls today (ive hit this previously before starting the stack system).  I’m not quite through with the foundation so I’m not worried or anything, just curious.  

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

17 minutes ago, KC4441 said:

How are you guys seeing Driver espeed correlate to actual Driver SS?  I hit a new personal best 131 espeed today, and hit 120 while hitting real golf balls today (ive hit this previously before starting the stack system).  I’m not quite through with the foundation so I’m not worried or anything, just curious.  

That is a massive difference, I’d start doing some bridging drills to get used to hitting something.

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

2 hours ago, KC4441 said:

I usually find the estimated speed to be a couple mph fast but not nearly as big of a gap as you. For me I usually swing driver about 9 mph faster than the 195 g speed. 

3 hours ago, KC4441 said:

What’s driver ss no ball?

My driver ss no ball is just over espeed and with ball is just under espeed. 

24 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

What’s driver ss no ball?

My driver ss no ball is just over espeed and with ball is just under espeed. 

Driver SS no ball is about equal to espeed, with ball is what I stated.  Tops out at 120.  But it’s in play.  Now my speed work is on a SSR.  My Driver with ball is on a GC3.  Could have something to do with it . 

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

4 hours ago, jas0nmacisaac said:

That is a massive difference, I’d start doing some bridging drills to get used to hitting something.

Bridging drill?  I didn’t see that in the learning tab 

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

5 hours ago, KC4441 said:

General problem is that people (and encouraged by the Stack app) have way too much focus on stack speed and driver ss no ball.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to ball speed with driver! Nothing else. 

I also have a 10 MPH gap between espeed and driver CHS with ball.

Its not clear from the app/programme if I should keep pushing stack ceiling or try and close the gap by using more time on driver and ball….

Personally my focus is less on stack and more on strength/mobility and driver with ball. Don’t know if I’m taking the correct direction.

Edited by Rasser75
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rasser75 said:

General problem is that people (and encouraged by the Stack app) have way too much focus on stack speed and driver ss no ball.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to ball speed with driver! Nothing else. 

I also have a 10 MPH gap between espeed and driver CHS with ball.

Its not clear from the app/programme if I should keep pushing stack ceiling or try and close the gap by using more time on driver and ball….

Personally my focus is less on stack and more on strength/mobility and driver with ball. Don’t know if I’m taking the correct direction.

I've been noticing the same thing and.have started incorporating more swings with a ball at the end of sessions. 

I think I'm going to start bringing my mevo+ to the range to work on hitting the ball hard but also making sure it's not going off the planet. 

I've definitely seen the floor of my speed increase quite a bit after session and a half of the Stack. But I feel like this stuff is sort of a missing piece in it all. Anyone else have any tips for taking the gains to the course or range with a ball?  Guessing it's just a matter of more reps in that mode

15 hours ago, KC4441 said:

Bridging drill?  I didn’t see that in the learning tab 

Start smashing a headcover with your driver taking max swings

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

GST-7 is in! Finally no second guessing my broken radar.

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

15 hours ago, KC4441 said:

Driver SS no ball is about equal to espeed, with ball is what I stated.  Tops out at 120.  But it’s in play.  Now my speed work is on a SSR.  My Driver with ball is on a GC3.  Could have something to do with it . 

@KC4441  I was having the same issue re: eSpeed massively exceeding what I was actually producing when hitting balls.  I was training Stack with blue SSR and my reference point for ball swings was on range was with Trackman.  Obviously I put much more stock in the validity of the TM readings.  I started to suspect that my SSR was either faulty or just reading consistently high, so I ordered a PRGR.  I started a new Stack program upon receipt of the PRGR and find that it is giving me much slower (and likely more realistic) measurements on my speeds.  I hit balls with the PRGR as well and find it very close (though maybe a couple mph slower) than my typical speeds on TM.  I think it's possible to "trick" the SSR or maybe it just consistently reads high.  But it seems my readings both on hitting balls and in Stack training or much closer to TM with PRGR.  What sent me down this rabbit hole was a 12+ mph difference in eSpeed on Stack (when measured with SSR) vs. what I was seeing on max effort ball swings, and I think that was all due to my SSR just reading very consistently high.  My eSpeed currently on Stack with PRGR is about 1-2 mph slower than my actuals with ball on TM, though the current eSpeed is based only on "Full" effort swings, as I haven't gotten any Max effort sets yet in the new program.

I’m ok with what’s going on right now, mostly because I was stuck this offseason with not nearly getting to my numbers from middle of last.  At a minimum the Stack has unlocked more speed and I’m ahead of last year at this point.  My cruising speed has definitely increased 

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

Yupiteru GST-7 is very accurate for CHS and as I thought, SSR was damaged and under reading. Back to 126 ESpeed and hit 129 E-Speed on one swing. Hard to

mentally give it your all when you know it dropped 6-7 mph. 

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

On 2/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, KC4441 said:

18 hours ago, Shizeman said:

I've been noticing the same thing and.have started incorporating more swings with a ball at the end of sessions. 

I think I'm going to start bringing my mevo+ to the range to work on hitting the ball hard but also making sure it's not going off the planet. 

I've definitely seen the floor of my speed increase quite a bit after session and a half of the Stack. But I feel like this stuff is sort of a missing piece in it all. Anyone else have any tips for taking the gains to the course or range with a ball?  Guessing it's just a matter of more reps in that mode

I don't have a SSR but from what I have seen from others/read there could be some slight variations in speed. 

However, I would make sure you are a bit rested, have some carbs, and test out that driver warranty! Just rip away, stop thinking about technique, and increase the number. Our bodies/minds are smart and even if you are ripping it off the planet, just like any other drill or technique, you will become faster, more efficient, and straighten it out. 

I agree that the 6-ball or whatever it is on ball sessions needs to be greater. You see long drive guys + Bryson like 80 balls plus on sessions. I have started adding in around 30-40 and you can see it climb and once it falls off, I stop for a few, start ripping again, and repeat until just know I can't do anymore. Last week, I finally broke through some mental barrier and got my on-ball speed to the highest ever multiple times and within one of e-speed and blew the face off my Stealth. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2