What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

Played with a co-worker today at the same 18 hole I played last week. I shot 85 and he shot 107. 

He just bought a set of TaylorMade Speed blades off of me and was playing them for the first time, so it took him a little to adjust to them at first (he shot 2 9's on the first 2 holes). 

He was coming from a box set of RAM clubs that had shiny horrid grips that were doing him no favours, and the TM's had new grips.

He's been playing for 50 years or more and always played hand me downs for years until he bought this RAM set years ago.

The look on his face when he flushed the TM's for the first time was priceless.. He must have told me15 times or more over the round what a difference it felt it made for him.

I felt like I played some of my best golf so far today, so that was nice.

•  1:      Mizuno ST190 9.5' / FujiKura Atmos Blue / Midsize Super Stroke grip

•  3:     Adams TightLies Titanium 3+ 13.5' / Bassara E55 / Mid Champkey X-Rubber (Golf Pride Z-grip replica)

•  5:     Adams Super Hybrid 19' / Matrix Ozik / Mid Champkey X-Rubber 

• ╘ :     Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 4-GW/ Dynamic Gold S300 / Mid Champkey X-Rubber

• 56º:  Cleveland RTX 4.0 10/Mid / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 / Mid Golf Pride CP2 Pro *only "brand new" club I've ever owned*

• 61º:   TaylorMade Tour 61' with Copper Insert Face / No clue on the shaft but it's step-less / Reg Golf Pride CP2 Pro (2 layers of tape)

• $$:    Odyssey 2-Ball Fang Tank / Cut down shaft / Yamato 3.0 grip

Walked 18 yesterday in chilly/windy 45 degree weather. Finished 43-40 for 11 over. Still trying to find my groove. Hit some nice shots, but experimenting with another iron set and lighter shafts which is definitely a different feel. Don't have too many expectations right now, just trying to continue improving my chipping and putting. One cool thing is that I finally have a GHIN and am 27 holes away from officially having a handicap!

• Like 1

Played yesterday and shot 101(50-51). First time out since December so was pretty pleased. Only one 8 on the card and 2 pars. Back out again tomorrow so hoping for some more consistency!

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke im10

Cobra F9 5W 18.5* Hzrdus Smoke im10

Mizuno JPX921 Fli-Hi 4H 20* Recoil ESX 460

Takomo 101 4-PW KBS Max

Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 50/54/58

Taylormade TP Collection Patina Soto

My Golf Map

88: 47/41. 55 degrees. 2 club wind. But of rain. 

Oh and the range was closed so no warm up.  Just cold the whole time. 

I also couldn’t putt a lick. Bunch of 3 putts. 

It was weirdly confidence building in a way though.  Like I feel like I know my swing now - it was one of those rounds where I could have totally lost it. 

Next weekend it’s supposed to be 85 so I’ll get a chance to actually be warm the next time I play.  

77 (37/40) last Thurs.

Edited by High Plains Driver

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

78 yesterday. Horrible front 9 (a blowup hole triple on an easy par 3), spectacular back nine (a 30 foot birdie, and a hole out from the sand). 

Golf is weird. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

41/43 - 84

Blew up on an easy par 5 with an 8 and couldn’t make a putt.

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

Got out for 9 more holes last night. Amazing weather, 60s and sunny, medium winds (that didn't last long as it's raining like crazy here for the last 10 hours).

2 birdies, 4 bogeys, 1 double. 3 of the bogeys were 3 putts. So infuriating. That hasn't been a huge issue for me this year up until last night. Actually hit some really great shots, so pleased all around. 

I really need to figure out how to make more pars (lol). It's been feast or famine with me so far this year as I've made more bogeys than pars, but par or better is exactly 50% through 36 official holes.

I need 18 more holes in to finally have an official handicap number! Looking forward to playing again here in a few days.

89-47/42 on a windy, cold, drizzly, wet front nine and high clouds and some sun on the back. Need to get a bit better consistency. I hate the cold!

Edited by Motoboss

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

Same co-worker, same course. I shot 82 vs. 85 last time, and Jim shot 98 vs. 107 last time, so improvements all around so far. Greens rolled much nicer this round.

• Like 1

•  3:     Adams TightLies Titanium 3+ 13.5' / Bassara E55 / Mid Champkey X-Rubber (Golf Pride Z-grip replica)

• ╘ :     Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 4-GW/ Dynamic Gold S300 / Mid Champkey X-Rubber

• 56º:  Cleveland RTX 4.0 10/Mid / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 / Mid Golf Pride CP2 Pro *only "brand new" club I've ever owned*

• 61º:   TaylorMade Tour 61' with Copper Insert Face / No clue on the shaft but it's step-less / Reg Golf Pride CP2 Pro (2 layers of tape)

Played 9 at a par 29 little pitch and putt par 3 course near me. They have a 263 and 210 yard par 4's and the rest are 3's. Shot a 34. Greens were in amazing shape for the time of year. 

First round of the year and I'd say I already have most of the season covered.

Ticked off the snap hook drive, the fumbled punch out, the pulled approach, the skulled chip, the shanked flop and the listless three putt, all on the first hole for a quadruple bogey.

And looking back after the round I had made quadruple bogey, triple bogey, bogey, par, birdie and eagle. On top of that I had a 4" tap in for birdie on a par 3, he closest I've been an ace in years. I can't promise I'll get the ace done next week but the missing double bogey should be no problem.

And about that eagle, I think it was my longest drive in my life, 340 yards. There was a three club helping wind and good run out. I wont tell you how long my drives were playing in the opposite direction.

Then I hit a 200 yard 7 iron over the green into a bunker, and holed out from a down hill lie. On the 18th. Nothing to see here folks.

Edited by Strömsborg
  • Like 1

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17° 4-wood
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° driving iron

Dynacraft (?) 24° 4-iron
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

Played in my golf clubs event this weekend and shot a embarrassing 97. Craziest greens I ever played. 1 guy missed a 2 footer and it rolled off the green. Another guy had putted up next to hole and it ran back to his feet 3 times. However, my score wasnt because of putting. I actually made a few long putts that went past the hole and fell back in due to how crazy the greens were. Just played horrible. Topped 5 drives and was using my friends irons i couldnt get along with. Just best to forget this one and move on. 

Played my first 9 holes of league last night, came out with an uneventful 39 (+3). No birdies, three 3-putts, 8/9 GIR. Proximity to the hole was not great as I was just on the edge of a couple greens. A little disappointing, but I didn't have any big numbers - just pars and bogeys. I am using a new putter right now, so trying to get the feel for it.

Edited by -GoldenHawk-

Played 9 yesterday at my local CC. Played great, but couldn't putt to save my life. Greens were soft and slow. 

Hole 1- 330 par 4. Hit my driver about 275 and drew to the left side of Fairway. 78 yards out with the 58 and landed 12 ft. 2 putt par.

Hole 2-  489 par 5. Beautiful smoked drive leaving me about 200 out. hit my 5i and came up 2 ft short of the green. Chipping for Eagle. Chip it up about 10 ft. 2 putt for par. Even through 2

Hole 3- 139 yard downhill par 3. A foursome let me play through here so of course I pull the heck out of my PW and end up 30 yards left of the green. I chip and catch the slope leaving about 25 ft for the par putt. I 3 putt for the double.

I didnt recover on the the next hole as I doubled it. 

The rest of the round I played really good. Had GIR on every hole but also 2 putted every hole and 3 putted the last. Ended up with a 40. Not bad. I was really happy with Driver and irons. Putting was only thing that wasn't clicking yesterday. 

On 4/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, UnkleRaRa said:

Played with a co-worker today at the same 18 hole I played last week. I shot 85 and he shot 107. 

He just bought a set of TaylorMade Speed blades off of me and was playing them for the first time, so it took him a little to adjust to them at first (he shot 2 9's on the first 2 holes). 

He was coming from a box set of RAM clubs that had shiny horrid grips that were doing him no favours, and the TM's had new grips.

He's been playing for 50 years or more and always played hand me downs for years until he bought this RAM set years ago.

The look on his face when he flushed the TM's for the first time was priceless.. He must have told me15 times or more over the round what a difference it felt it made for him.

I felt like I played some of my best golf so far today, so that was nice.

I have been playing with my brother a lot the past year, but never noticed what kind of irons he had. I knew he had bought new Cobra Rad Driver and FWs, but never pad attention to his irons. I am not one who looks at other folks clubs or asks really. I don't really care. If you tell me we can talk about it, but otherwise not a concern. I knew they were an off brand. 

Well we played with one of my friends last week and my friend Matt asked my brother "Are those JR clubs?" ....Yes. He had been playing with Jr clubs. I thought they looked a little short, but as I mention I never paid much attention. I did find it odd that I hit every club about 30- 50 yards farther and our swing speeds aren't that different.  

So the very next shot of my brothers...he was in fairway about 133 yards out. He has his 7i. Matt says here hit my TM Speed blade PW. Brother says no way I am reaching with a PW...thats a 7i for me. He swung...he pured that thing so beautifully. Perfect compression. Flew the green!. Next thing you know he is in the market for TM Speed Blades or something similar. 

I coudnt believe I had not notice in 6-8 rounds with this man that he was playing Jr Irons. 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, Streetscape said:

Don’t have anyone else to share this with, but finally broke 100! Honestly thought I’d never get there, but I am stoked I was able to really turn it around on the back 9. It’s a relief to know the potential for shooting in the 90s and 80s is there!

33B360E7-61C9-4E5E-977C-00F69E7091DD.png

Congrats !! I know that feels good!!

16 y/o 2 HCP

Taylormade Sim 2 Max 9° - LA Golf Bryson Signature Series 65g Shaft 

Taylormade Sim Max 3 Wood - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75 X Flex

Callaway Mavrik 4 Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 X Flex

Mizuno MP20 4i-P  - Dynamic Gold S300

Titleist SM8 52, 55, 58 (54 degree bent 1 degree flat) - LA Golf L-Series Shaft

Black Lab BL - 1 

Sun Mountain Metro Stand Bag and Bushnell Pro X-E 

Made it out to walk a twilight 9 yesterday and shot 38, hit a lot of good irons but the greens were recently punched and couldn't get any birdies to drop. 

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x