MEMBER REVIEWS: SeeMore Putters and SeeMore Putter Institute (SPi)! See What Members Are Saying!

My SeeMore putter arrived about an hour ago.  Putter arrived in a white box with the SeeMore putters logo;  box was oversized for the putter and the putter was loose inside, with a bag containing the putter and a triangulator.  Putter arrived in perfect condition even though it was free to move around inside the box.     

My SeeMore:   

mFGP2,  69* lie angle, 34",  black shaft, 75 gram SeeMore Grip.    Note,  this isn't the latest version of the mFGP2 since it is sold out.   John and company found a head they had in a bag and set it up to my specs.    

seemore.jpg.458597d9b5a2c2bb11b6b39fda8bbe59.jpg

Initial Impressions:

The putter is high quality with an iridescent finish when caught in the right light.    The putter itself feels head heavy compared to other 350 gram putters with lighter grips.  I have of course done some carpet putting;  the feel/sound falls nicely between click and a muted thud.  Grips size is a good mid size and while not the same size as my typical superstroke mid slim 2.0 I like the size a lot.   if I were to nitpick about the grip I'd remove the weight designation from the side as it doesn't add to the aesthetics and only would make and outsiders ask the significance.  One of the reasons I picked the mFGP2 was that it is smaller in size heel to toe and is a mid mallet shape.   Overall the putter is a good size and I wouldn't want anything any longer. 

I've have been reviewing the SPi site, the SeeMore site, and listening to the SeeMore podcasts (some great putting info packed into each episode if you haven't listened) in an effort to learn as much as possible about RST and the Seemore Philosophy.   

Next Update will be initial impressions from the putting green.

Edited by nosil
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, nosil said:

My SeeMore putter arrived about an hour ago.  Putter arrived in a white box with the SeeMore putters logo;  box was oversized for the putter and the putter was loose inside, with a bag containing the putter and a triangulator.  Putter arrived in perfect condition even though it was free to move around inside the box.     

My SeeMore:   

mFGP2,  69* lie angle, 34",  black shaft, 75 gram SeeMore Grip.    Note,  this isn't the latest version of the mFGP2 since it is sold out.   John and company found a head they had in a bag and set it up to my specs.    

seemore.jpg.458597d9b5a2c2bb11b6b39fda8bbe59.jpg

Initial Impressions:

The putter is high quality with an iridescent finish when caught in the right light.    The putter itself feels head heavy compared to other 350 gram putters with lighter grips.  I have of course done some carpet putting;  the feel/sound falls nicely between click and a muted thud.  Grips size is a good mid size and while not the same size as my typical superstroke mid slim 2.0 I like the size a lot.   if I were to nitpick about the grip I'd remove the weight designation from the side as it doesn't add to the aesthetics and only would make and outsiders ask the significance.  One of the reasons I picked the mFGP2 was that it is smaller in size heel to toe and is a mid mallet shape.   Overall the putter is a good size and I wouldn't want anything any longer. 

I've have been reviewing the SPi site, the SeeMore site, and listening to the SeeMore podcasts (some great putting info packed into each episode if you haven't listened) in an effort to learn as much as possible about RST and the Seemore Philosophy.   

Next Update will be initial impressions from the putting green.

Appreciate the input and time.  Let us know how it goes on the putting green.  Have a great week!

• Like 1

First off, I’d again like to thank the fine folks at SeeMore and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test out a custom SeeMore putter. These sort of review threads are what make GolfWRX such a unique place and invaluable resource for us golf nuts. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Now, on to the review! I’ve had the putter for about a week and a half now, which has given me a bit of time to get to know how it plays on the course, on the practice green, and on my living room carpet. I plan on coming back with a more long term review after having the putter for a few months or so.

Fitting
I did a virtual fitting with John. Prior to the fitting, I sent the team a few pictures and videos of my setup and stroke along with a couple measurements. The fitting itself was done through Zoom and an enlightening and just plain enjoyable experience. John and I walked through my putting game, strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes in putters, etc. John made some recommendations for a putter model and specs based on what I had provided and what we discussed. We landed on the Platinum FGP20 at 34 inches, 72 degree lie, and extra 5 grams of head weight to bring it up to 355 grams. Oh yes, and the all-black shaft, of course. There were a number of headcover options to choose from, which was a nice added bonus. I went with the gray floating RST with magnetic closure, which looks great in my bag.

Aesthetics
Just a few days later, a nice white box from Nashville was at my doorstep. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I was immediately BLOWN AWAY by the quality of this putter. I tend to prefer silver putter heads, and this one is the sort of lovely soft platinum color that I prefer. It’s definitely not too shiny or reflective, so it has that nice dull blasted appearance that looks great in the sun. The head is full of detailed milling work, which makes it look super premium. I decided to go with the FGP style head because I wanted to go all-in on the SeeMore experience, and the FGP just screams “SeeMore”. This style head probably won’t appeal to everyone, but it suits my eye – it has a very industrial vibe, like a steel beam (I guess that’s appropriate for me since I live in Pittsburgh). However, even if the head shape doesn’t appeal to you, the quality is undeniable. 

And we have to talk a bit more about the face. It is VERY cool. The face has this crazy diamond pattern that almost shimmers in the light. I don’t think pictures even do justice for how cool this thing looks in person. The hitting area has milled grooves, which are reminiscent of Bettinardi or Evnroll’s grooves. I don’t think SeeMore claims that the grooves have any “tech” in them, but rather they are there for sound and feel purposes (like Bettinardi’s FIT face). Whatever the case, it adds up to a very inviting, very premium package. This thing is a beaut.

I went with the black shaft, which is a stepped gloss black True Temper shaft. I also chose 75 gram midsized SeeMore grip, which is a pretty standard, no frills Winn-esque tapered midsize grip. With the headweight at 355 grams, this measured out to a swingweight in the D6-D7 range. 

Sound/feel/performance
Let’s talk a bit about how the putter plays, because that’s what matters, right? Before we get to the alignment benefits of this putter, I have to talk about the sound and feel. I really wasn’t sure what to expect here and, honestly, I’m pretty picky about how my putters feel. My preference is a putter that falls right in between soft and hard, but leaning a bit firmer. I’ve ditched some putters that I otherwise liked because they were just too mushy. In the last few years, I had to bench a Bettinardi Studio Stock with the FIT face because it felt too soft, like I had to crush the ball to get it to the hole. Same with an Odyssey Stroke Lab with the White Hot Microhinge – I just felt like the ball came off the face way too slow.

SeeMore absolutely NAILED it here. It’s basically exactly what I look for in a putter when it comes to feel. It seems to come off the face quite hot, with a meaty, pleasing “tock” sound. It’s actually very similar feeling and sounding to Bettinardi’s new Studio Stock line with the Roll Control face, but maybe a hair firmer. It feels like the ball is coming off the face with the same energy that I’m putting into the stroke. That’s exactly what I’m looking for, and makes for a putter that you can control speed with easily. My lag putting was dead on within minutes of picking this thing up. 

Let’s talk about alignment. This is, of course, what SeeMore is known for and what I was mainly excited about getting to experiment with. It works, plain and simple. It didn’t take me too long to get into a very consistent, reliable setup for each stroke. I point the top alignment line at my intermediate point, align my feet with the putter head in the middle of my stance, make sure that my shaft is hiding the red dot take a look at the hole, and start my stroke. It’s a really nice thing knowing that my setup is exactly the same every time I set up to the ball, thus removing one variable that could be causing me to miss a putt. This is the sort of thing that will absolutely pay dividends over time, even if I haven’t had the putter all that long.

Another aspect of performance, of course, is the roll that you get from the putter face. Without having access to a Quintec system or anything, I can’t give you a precise reading of the roll, but it definitely seems like the ball comes off the face with a nice, smooth, ground-hugging roll. I think you can get a good sense of the roll in the videos I posted. The roll is no doubt aided by the loft (a fairly low 2.5 degrees) coupled with the consistent set-up that the SeeMore gets you into. If you’re set up to hide the red dot, and you’re hiding the red dot throughout your stroke, then your ball should be coming off at a nice and consistent launch angle.

Now, that’s all well and good, but how’s it doing on the course Unfortunately I’ve only been able to use it in two actual rounds so far, but so far so good! Counting putts is never the best way to judge the performance of a putter as your count is subject to so many other variables outside of the piece of metal in your hands (green reading ability, difficulty of the putt, etc.), but just for reference, I’ve averaged a very mediocre 34 putts this year. In my two rounds with the SeeMore, I’ve had 34 and 32 putts, so within my expected range. However, beyond the raw numbers, I can tell you one thing: the ball seems to be going where I point it, and at the speed I want it do. And I seem to be able to aim it where I want it to go. Of course, no putter will put a ball into the hole if you didn’t read the putt correctly, so the SeeMore is doing everything I could ask it to do. I’ve had no results that were unexpected outside of those caused by pure misreads on my part (putts that went way off line from what I wanted, putts that were way short or way long). 

One small change that I did make was to replace the stock grip. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I could have easily stuck with it, but I’m constantly experimenting with putter grips (I’ve probably tried every common grip on the market in the last two years). I happened to have a Rosemark 1.25 grip in the neoprene material that I wanted to try out, so I threw that one on as an experiment. So far so good. SeeMore does sell their stock grips on their website, so if I ever want to go back that’s a pretty easy purchase.

I did want to share a couple short videos I took out on the practice green at a local muni course illustrating the two putts that I’ve struggled with for years: (1) makeable 6-10 footers and (2) lengthy left to right putts. For the former, I just want to hit more of those putts. I know that even the pros might not be at 50%, but my make percentage is probably in the single digits. Since these putts tend to be “scoring” putters (making birdies or par saves), I want that number to creep up a little higher. 

For the latter, my big miss is setting up way too open and cutting across the ball horribly. This usually means a bad toe strike which causes the putt to stop way short of the hole (in dreaded 3-putt land). My hope is that, if I just trust my setup process with the SeeMore, I’ll get myself set up square to these putts. So far, I am VERY happy with how this works. My body still wants to swing open, but if I just trust the process and hide the dot, I’m making solid contact. And I have video proof!

Summary
This might be a simplistic summary, but it’s true: the most important takeaway for me with the SeeMore Platinum FGP20 is that it’s just fun to use. I’ve made it pretty far into the review without tapping into too many club review clichés, but here’s one: it’s as “point and shoot” as any putter that I’ve ever used. I’m feeling confident on the greens, and that’s all I can ask for. Couple that with the craftsmanship, quality, and feel, and SeeMore has themselves a winner.

20210612_065004.jpg

20210613_150737.jpg

20210613_150757.jpg

20210613_150809.jpg

20210613_154908.jpg

20210613_154945.jpg

20210613_154957.jpg

Edited by MaineMariner
  • Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

RST Setup Findings:

RST is the foundation of the SeeMore story;  its purpose is to assist golfers in getting a consistent setup to help them putt better.  While I was evaluating the putter I was noticing that it was difficult to really get the shaft between the two white lines to hide the dot and that if I move the putter head forward and back; which caused the shaft to lean forward and back) I was able to kind of hide the dot.  What I discovered when I switched to my glasses from my contacts was that I was able to see the lines better and able to hide the red dot.  The only conclusion I can come up with is that my multi focal contact lenses with one lens set for near and one set for distance impacts my ability to see clearly at that distance.   I also tried closing my left and my right eye to see if I can get a better view of the RST.  Unfortunately due to my right eye dominance, it caused the perspective of the shaft to change whtich impacted how I saw the RST.   I gave John at SeeMore a call to get his thoughts on what I was experiencing.  We have a great conversation and determined that I was doing everything I could do with my vision limitations.  Our plan was that I needed to train my setup and learn how the RST needs to look with my vision limitations.  Using my glasses won't help since they are bifocals and I would have to really adjust my head position to look straight down    I will probably end up with a mirror to help get the necessary consistent setup.

Practice Green Update:

Was able to myself to the practice green this evening to see how the putting actually works.  My distance control was spot on and I was able to consistently roll the ball to my desired spots.   The balls I was using for practice were half black and half white so I could easily see if the balls were rolling end over end.   Even though I didn't have the best setup I took a quick video showing the ball roll.   When I setup properly I was seeing the desired end over end roll.   SeeMore and RST is a putting system/strategy where your goal is build a consistent setup and stroke built around a putter.   I don't see this as a quick fix but more of a journey to putting improvement.  Hoping to get out on the course this week and see how the putter performs during a round. 

Edited by nosil
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MaineMariner said:

First off, I’d again like to thank the fine folks at SeeMore and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test out a custom SeeMore putter. These sort of review threads are what make GolfWRX such a unique place and invaluable resource for us golf nuts. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Now, on to the review! I’ve had the putter for about a week and a half now, which has given me a bit of time to get to know how it plays on the course, on the practice green, and on my living room carpet. I plan on coming back with a more long term review after having the putter for a few months or so.

Fitting
I did a virtual fitting with John. Prior to the fitting, I sent the team a few pictures and videos of my setup and stroke along with a couple measurements. The fitting itself was done through Zoom and an enlightening and just plain enjoyable experience. John and I walked through my putting game, strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes in putters, etc. John made some recommendations for a putter model and specs based on what I had provided and what we discussed. We landed on the Platinum FGP20 at 34 inches, 72 degree lie, and extra 5 grams of head weight to bring it up to 355 grams. Oh yes, and the all-black shaft, of course. There were a number of headcover options to choose from, which was a nice added bonus. I went with the gray floating RST with magnetic closure, which looks great in my bag.

Aesthetics
Just a few days later, a nice white box from Nashville was at my doorstep. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I was immediately BLOWN AWAY by the quality of this putter. I tend to prefer silver putter heads, and this one is the sort of lovely soft platinum color that I prefer. It’s definitely not too shiny or reflective, so it has that nice dull blasted appearance that looks great in the sun. The head is full of detailed milling work, which makes it look super premium. I decided to go with the FGP style head because I wanted to go all-in on the SeeMore experience, and the FGP just screams “SeeMore”. This style head probably won’t appeal to everyone, but it suits my eye – it has a very industrial vibe, like a steel beam (I guess that’s appropriate for me since I live in Pittsburgh). However, even if the head shape doesn’t appeal to you, the quality is undeniable. 

And we have to talk a bit more about the face. It is VERY cool. The face has this crazy diamond pattern that almost shimmers in the light. I don’t think pictures even do justice for how cool this thing looks in person. The hitting area has milled grooves, which are reminiscent of Bettinardi or Evnroll’s grooves. I don’t think SeeMore claims that the grooves have any “tech” in them, but rather they are there for sound and feel purposes (like Bettinardi’s FIT face). Whatever the case, it adds up to a very inviting, very premium package. This thing is a beaut.

I went with the black shaft, which is a stepped gloss black True Temper shaft. I also chose 75 gram midsized SeeMore grip, which is a pretty standard, no frills Winn-esque tapered midsize grip. With the headweight at 355 grams, this measured out to a swingweight in the D6-D7 range. 

Sound/feel/performance
Let’s talk a bit about how the putter plays, because that’s what matters, right? Before we get to the alignment benefits of this putter, I have to talk about the sound and feel. I really wasn’t sure what to expect here and, honestly, I’m pretty picky about how my putters feel. My preference is a putter that falls right in between soft and hard, but leaning a bit firmer. I’ve ditched some putters that I otherwise liked because they were just too mushy. In the last few years, I had to bench a Bettinardi Studio Stock with the FIT face because it felt too soft, like I had to crush the ball to get it to the hole. Same with an Odyssey Stroke Lab with the White Hot Microhinge – I just felt like the ball came off the face way too slow.

SeeMore absolutely NAILED it here. It’s basically exactly what I look for in a putter when it comes to feel. It seems to come off the face quite hot, with a meaty, pleasing “tock” sound. It’s actually very similar feeling and sounding to Bettinardi’s new Studio Stock line with the Roll Control face, but maybe a hair firmer. It feels like the ball is coming off the face with the same energy that I’m putting into the stroke. That’s exactly what I’m looking for, and makes for a putter that you can control speed with easily. My lag putting was dead on within minutes of picking this thing up. 

Let’s talk about alignment. This is, of course, what SeeMore is known for and what I was mainly excited about getting to experiment with. It works, plain and simple. It didn’t take me too long to get into a very consistent, reliable setup for each stroke. I point the top alignment line at my intermediate point, align my feet with the putter head in the middle of my stance, make sure that my shaft is hiding the red dot take a look at the hole, and start my stroke. It’s a really nice thing knowing that my setup is exactly the same every time I set up to the ball, thus removing one variable that could be causing me to miss a putt. This is the sort of thing that will absolutely pay dividends over time, even if I haven’t had the putter all that long.

Another aspect of performance, of course, is the roll that you get from the putter face. Without having access to a Quintec system or anything, I can’t give you a precise reading of the roll, but it definitely seems like the ball comes off the face with a nice, smooth, ground-hugging roll. I think you can get a good sense of the roll in the videos I posted. The roll is no doubt aided by the loft (a fairly low 2.5 degrees) coupled with the consistent set-up that the SeeMore gets you into. If you’re set up to hide the red dot, and you’re hiding the red dot throughout your stroke, then your ball should be coming off at a nice and consistent launch angle.

Now, that’s all well and good, but how’s it doing on the course Unfortunately I’ve only been able to use it in two actual rounds so far, but so far so good! Counting putts is never the best way to judge the performance of a putter as your count is subject to so many other variables outside of the piece of metal in your hands (green reading ability, difficulty of the putt, etc.), but just for reference, I’ve averaged a very mediocre 34 putts this year. In my two rounds with the SeeMore, I’ve had 34 and 32 putts, so within my expected range. However, beyond the raw numbers, I can tell you one thing: the ball seems to be going where I point it, and at the speed I want it do. And I seem to be able to aim it where I want it to go. Of course, no putter will put a ball into the hole if you didn’t read the putt correctly, so the SeeMore is doing everything I could ask it to do. I’ve had no results that were unexpected outside of those caused by pure misreads on my part (putts that went way off line from what I wanted, putts that were way short or way long). 

One small change that I did make was to replace the stock grip. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I could have easily stuck with it, but I’m constantly experimenting with putter grips (I’ve probably tried every common grip on the market in the last two years). I happened to have a Rosemark 1.25 grip in the neoprene material that I wanted to try out, so I threw that one on as an experiment. So far so good. SeeMore does sell their stock grips on their website, so if I ever want to go back that’s a pretty easy purchase.

I did want to share a couple short videos I took out on the practice green at a local muni course illustrating the two putts that I’ve struggled with for years: (1) makeable 6-10 footers and (2) lengthy left to right putts. For the former, I just want to hit more of those putts. I know that even the pros might not be at 50%, but my make percentage is probably in the single digits. Since these putts tend to be “scoring” putters (making birdies or par saves), I want that number to creep up a little higher. 

For the latter, my big miss is setting up way too open and cutting across the ball horribly. This usually means a bad toe strike which causes the putt to stop way short of the hole (in dreaded 3-putt land). My hope is that, if I just trust my setup process with the SeeMore, I’ll get myself set up square to these putts. So far, I am VERY happy with how this works. My body still wants to swing open, but if I just trust the process and hide the dot, I’m making solid contact. And I have video proof!

Summary
This might be a simplistic summary, but it’s true: the most important takeaway for me with the SeeMore Platinum FGP20 is that it’s just fun to use. I’ve made it pretty far into the review without tapping into too many club review clichés, but here’s one: it’s as “point and shoot” as any putter that I’ve ever used. I’m feeling confident on the greens, and that’s all I can ask for. Couple that with the craftsmanship, quality, and feel, and SeeMore has themselves a winner.

20210612_065004.jpg

20210613_150737.jpg

20210613_150757.jpg

20210613_150809.jpg

20210613_154908.jpg

20210613_154945.jpg

20210613_154957.jpg

Nice review.  2 out of 3 in first video.  Keep up the great work.  Stroke is getting there.  Simple practice makes big gains on the course.  Keep us posted on the progress.  Have a great week.

Just received my new Seemore putter last night. Just wanted to post a few pics and I’ll get a full review once I get to use it a bit. This putter is beautiful and looks incredible. 
Platinum Reserve M5X Mallet

39” 120 gram 15” grip

380 headweight after 20 gram internal hosel.

67 degree lie angle

Thank you Seemore and GolfWRX again for this great opportunity. 

3CCA70BB-8CB3-4F2C-8766-D86BE4937BB4.jpeg

936AD193-FD5A-4572-AE52-AA92B4D74067.jpeg

8D080F2C-11DC-4723-A753-A3B5D3D20D73.jpeg

10CDC35C-7E14-4F40-96C1-B2C4D246D1E5.jpeg

7F3F9A57-B872-4D64-9715-655FE022ECA2.jpeg

9A2AF1D6-DEEF-411B-B2CB-980367D0187B.jpeg

27ED5B73-9F46-473C-8A77-DEB92BE8E23A.jpeg

Edited by mogc60
  • Like 4

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Another quick observation after 9-hole round with my Nashville OneSS: this is one great feature that I was not aware of when I began using my Seemore, tri-sole! Many of us tend to sole the putter too much toward the heel with toe raised off the turf. During round yesterday, noticed my center face contact improved greatly simply by the way putter was soled on turf and using RST to hide the red dot. Birdie putt from 10 feet dropped and another lag putt from fringe to tap in range led to 42, a good round for a 15 Handicap! Really starting to see good results with Seemore. 

20210604_162517.jpg

• Like 2

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

What has a guy got to do to be in a test like this?

In three days I will celebrate 16 years as a member of this site. 

I literally live 15 minutes from SeeMore HQ in Franklin, Tennessee. 

I have a SeeMore FGP. 

And I need help with my putting!!

Oh well…some day!!

(If anyone at SeeMore would like to correct this over site, based on your fitting process I measure out at 34.5 inches, 74 degree, and like a SuperStroke 2.0 grip, and love the mFGP in SS…just in case.)

Edited by texcrom

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

26 minutes ago, texcrom said:

I have a SeeMore FGP. 

Oh well…some day!!

(If anyone at SeeMore would like to correct this over site, based on your fitting process I measure out at 34.5 inches, 74 degree, and like a SuperStroke 2.0 grip, and love the mFGP in SS…just in case.)

Make the drive over there. These guys are awesome and would love to help you out. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 hours ago, texcrom said:

I have a SeeMore FGP. 

Oh well…some day!!

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Make the drive over there. These guys are awesome and would love to help you out. 

Concur with making the drive over or give them a call.  I have had a couple of conversations with them to get some questions answered and if you read through the SeeMore threads they are very customer service centric and say if you have questions to give them a call.     

The bigger question is if you own a SeeMore and live 15 minutes away why haven't you already been there?????

Seriously,  give them a yell,  great customer service. 

• Like 2

I would be interested to see if other testers agree with this. But one thing I seem to be noticing is that the ball comes off the face of the SeeMore a bit faster than my other putters. It could very well be that the milled grooves on this putter create a better roll and the ball doesn't dig as much as my other putters, giving the appearance of a faster ball. Either way, this is very much a good thing as lag putting has always been a weak point in my game. I'm notorious for leaving long lag putts well short. My speed control is much improved with this SeeMore. It's kind of the perfect combo, it feels soft/solid but doesn't come off the face like a marshmallow. 

Edited by coreyhr
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

On 6/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, mtiger10 said:

Another quick observation after 9-hole round with my Nashville OneSS: this is one great feature that I was not aware of when I began using my Seemore, tri-sole! Many of us tend to sole the putter too much toward the heel with toe raised off the turf. During round yesterday, noticed my center face contact improved greatly simply by the way putter was soled on turf and using RST to hide the red dot. Birdie putt from 10 feet dropped and another lag putt from fringe to tap in range led to 42, a good round for a 15 Handicap! Really starting to see good results with Seemore. 

20210604_162517.jpg

fantastic point!

14 hours ago, texcrom said:

I have a SeeMore FGP. 

Oh well…some day!!

Door is always open.  Send John a note at [email protected] and he will be happy to schedule a putting lesson/fit for you.  He can give you details on pricing, time and schedule.  Thanks for being on team SeeMore.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I would be interested to see if other testers agree with this. But one thing I seem to be noticing is that the ball comes off the face of the SeeMore a bit faster than my other putters. It could very well be that the milled grooves on this putter create a better roll and the ball doesn't dig as much as my other putters, giving the appearance of a faster ball. Either way, this is very much a good thing as lag putting has always been a weak point in my game. I'm notorious for leaving long lag putts well short. My speed control is much improved with this SeeMore. It's kind of the perfect combo, it feels soft/solid but doesn't come off the face like a marshmallow. 

Will hold off for now in answering this.  Will like to see what the other testers say about your question.  Appreciate it!

1 hour ago, coreyhr said:

I mentioned in my review that I felt like the putter face was pretty "hot", which feels great to me. I'm contrasting this specifically with an Odyssey with the MicroHinge insert, which had a nice feel but almost felt pillowy, like the ball was a bit delayed coming off the putter face when I hit it. With a softer face, I especially struggled with shorter putts - it seemed like I had to hit the ball harder than I normally would because the ball was coming off the face so slow.

With the SeeMore, the ball is popping off the face really nicely, which gives me this great feeling of connection with the putter head. It feels like the energy I put into the swing is the same energy that's being put into the golf ball. I love it.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Yesterday was my league play day and the first day out with my SeeMore for on course use. 

Did my typical preround warmup to get the feel of the greens and work on setup a little.  Based on my discussions with John and the feedback I received regarding my setup I have move the ball back in my stand a little so I am working on breaking habits.  This is one of the big benefits of the RST;  it drives you to have consistent setup.  If the ball starts creeping up in my stance,  I start to notice that the white lines don't look right.  For me it is how the shaft is framed by the white lines and not necessarily the red dot.  This is due to the fact that I will lean the shaft back a little which still hides the red dot.   There are several new "buzzwords" we are hearing associated with putter brands like torque balanced or lie angle balanced.  This matches up with SeeMore's  Face Balanced at Impact which is designed to keep the face square to the putters path and deliver the face square at impact.   

So how did the putter perform???  The greens on this course are a bit slower than I typically play and my miss was typically short but all my putts were well within my targeted second putt range.    All of my first putts were outside of the 10' range so I didn't get much of a chance to see if I was able to improve my 4-12' make percentages. 

1 hour ago, coreyhr said:

I would be interested to see if other testers agree with this. But one thing I seem to be noticing is that the ball comes off the face of the SeeMore a bit faster than my other putters. It could very well be that the milled grooves on this putter create a better roll and the ball doesn't dig as much as my other putters, giving the appearance of a faster ball. 

Based on my current testing and practice on course and with my ExPutt simulator (which gives ball speed),  I am going to say for me it is a no.  I do a lot of gate drills (both ball and putter) when practicing so I hit near the center of the face pretty consistently.  The ball speed and ball travel distance I am seeing is the same as the other putters in my collection.  What I will say is the RST is providing key input to make sure that my setup is consistent and the putters design (face balanced at impact) helps square the face at impact.  Both of these factors are resulting in a more consistent ball speed since I am hitting the center of the face and delivering it with the same face angle more frequently.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SeeMore Putters said:

Door is always open.  Send John a note at [email protected] and he will be happy to schedule a putting lesson/fit for you.  He can give you details on pricing, time and schedule.  Thanks for being on team SeeMore.

Thanks! I’ll do that!

(My post was actually tongue-in-cheek, so hope you found it amusing!)

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

17 hours ago, coreyhr said:

What I would say is the ball “hugs” the ground.  I’m not Hemingway, I think the roll starts quickly. 

I’m coming from an OTR Scotty and I switched to Tru-Vis golf balls for testing (I use them for all short game practice as I can see the spin a bit better). 

The first thing I noticed was a quicker roll on my line. Is that due to the grooves…. Man, I don’t work for Elon. But, it could be the loft and head position. I hit a lot more putts in the “squishy” part of the putter. 

There’s a couple of industry exclusive technology components at work here. RST, Face Balanced at Impact (test it, it’s there) or the grooves…. I personally think that grooves are an audible thing (feel)…. The performance comes from the other specifics in the stick. 

Edited by Ivyguy
  • Like 1

First 18 hole round with the SeeMore.  Can't say that it was a great putting round as I struggled with distance control on a few putts over 45'.    I did feel like I was starting the ball on my intended line even though my intended line may not have been the right one.  When putting I feel like the putter just moves through the stroke with the face staying square to the path.    Never expected the putter to be a magic wand and immediately reduce my total putts and will continue to work on recalibrating my stroke as I learn more about how the ball rolls out.  

My background

I thought I would start my review of my new Seemore M5X with a little about me. I started golf at about 15 and quickly got a job at my local 9 holer and played every day I could after that. I played Div 1 college golf and turned pro at 22. I played competitively locally the next 18 years as a club pro, have set several course records, still hold 2, and got out of golf about 8 years ago. I’m nowhere near the player I once was but still have a bit left in the tank. I’m a very strong driver of the golf ball and my putting has always been the best part of my game. Needless to say I’ve holed a bunch of putts in my time and hope there isn’t a putts made quota someday. 😂

My dad is 6’4” and I’m 5’11”. His putters were normally around 37” and if I choked it down just a bit his putters always felt best to me. I started using a 36” putter shortly after starting the game and that always felt perfect for me. One day in high school I was extending a new putter and had a piece of shaft sticking out as the extension before cutting it to length. I was messing around and started hitting putts with it and it felt so good to me. Choking down to my comfort length and I loved the feel of it. Keep in mind this was before extra length grips were available and had very few option for split type long putter grips. I cut it to length but always remembered how much I liked that feel. Fast forward several years and the belly putter became a thing and I hated the anchor feel, but I found a putter I loved the look of and just sawed right through the grip and shaft to 39” and have had that putter for 16 years now. I’ve used other putters and always extended them to the 39” length. I love the extra weight and the way my stroke feels with this setup. I probably still grip it at the 36” mark but how the putter swings feels so much better to me. I have no intention of ever changing. 

Seemore Fitting

I had a zoom fitting with John Higgins after sending him videos of my putting stroke and pics of my grip and setup. We had a great conversation and discussed my background and my putting stroke and setup. John was very complimentary of my stroke and could tell that my technique worked for me. He made some suggestions about my head movements and weight distribution that I completely agreed with and have worked on since with good results. He is very knowledgeable of their products and putting in general. We discussed my specs and lie angle and decided on the Private Reserve M5X mallet. 39”, 67 degree lie angle and with the 20 gram internal hosel that Seemore offers it brought the headweight to 380 grams which is exactly where I prefer it for my setup. It also has a 120 gram 15” putter grip. 

The Putter

My putter shipped in about 5 days after our call. I was way excited to see it and I wasn’t disappointed when I opened it up. The quality of this putter is incredible. Beautiful platinum finish and the milling is so detailed. Every detail of my putter was perfect including my request for them to close the grip a few degrees. This head has a tri sole and is 303 stainless with an aluminum insert. It’s all milled seemlessly and you can barely see the insert. The small grooves look fantastic and the head shape really fits my eye. The weight and balance of the putter is perfect. 

Performance

I have been to the putting green 4 times now and played nine holes with my new Seemore. One concern I had in ordering this head was the aluminum insert. For those who have never used aluminum, it is very soft and doesn’t make much sound. I was worried about that as I prefer a little click and clear feedback. About 3 putts in I knew my worries were no more. The feel off the face is so good. It is soft but gives great feedback of contact and there is a nice muted click at impact. The combination let’s me know exactly how I’ve struck the putt before I even look down the line. The putter sets up so square and the RST Rifle scope technology is almost a no brainer because the fit of the putter is so spot on. As long as I don’t manipulate my hands anywhere the spot is hidden and the face is square. It’s a wonderful checkpoint, and ensures consistent setup putt after putt. As others have mentioned the ball comes off the putter very clean and has a peppy feel, I wouldn’t say hot however. The ball just really gets rolling quickly and I feel it comes off very consistent. My opinion on the livelier feel. The loft is a 2.5 degrees so there is little to no lift effect, it’s just square contact. The grooves help get it rolling quicker and the shaft isn’t a pole which gives it an added little kick. The combination is the immediate strong roll the putter imparts. My distance control has been darn near perfect since my first putt with it and I love how the ball comes off so consistent. Basically there is nothing about this putter I don’t like. This whole experience has been great and Seemore is a great company. This is not my first putter from them and my experience in the past was just as great as this one has been. There customer service is amazing and they really want to help. I’ve just finally found the right head for me and the internal hosel tech let’s the putter be flat enough for my setup, which I couldn’t get to on their older models. After a few more rounds I will give more feedback of how my putter is performing. 

78D22E8B-8E79-425E-A602-70E5485E8CE5.jpeg

83065469-3393-47EF-BF53-F5B2F4BE329A.jpeg

0A0825C9-3DEB-4EB0-9C7C-64D0802C56B3.jpeg

63D82315-D800-4198-B7F4-AF8ED5F91AEF.jpeg

• Like 2

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Just left the PGA SS using the mFGP and absolutely loved it...again! Making everything. Just gets it on line perfectly. I think that style suits me well. Man I see one in my future. Loved my Seemore years ago and should have never left them. Unbelievable feel off the face with the milling.

• Like 3

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I am now a few rounds in with my SeeMore mFGP2 and overall I am pretty happy with the performance.  Not really making anymore putts than I did with other putters but the putter is definitely a solid performer.    Time to dive in deeper into the mechanics of my putting and see what is going on.  The SeeMore putter will be key in this as the RST will be critical in helping me setup consistently and the putter will now also function as a training aid.    

On 6/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, nosil said:

I am now a few rounds in with my SeeMore mFGP2 and overall I am pretty happy with the performance.  Not really making anymore putts than I did with other putters but the putter is definitely a solid performer.    Time to dive in deeper into the mechanics of my putting and see what is going on.  The SeeMore putter will be key in this as the RST will be critical in helping me setup consistently and the putter will now also function as a training aid.    

Feel free to contact John anytime to help with any questions.  Send him a short video or text.  Happy to help.  Keep up the solid work.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, mogc60 said:

My background

I thought I would start my review of my new Seemore M5X with a little about me. I started golf at about 15 and quickly got a job at my local 9 holer and played every day I could after that. I played Div 1 college golf and turned pro at 22. I played competitively locally the next 18 years as a club pro, have set several course records, still hold 2, and got out of golf about 8 years ago. I’m nowhere near the player I once was but still have a bit left in the tank. I’m a very strong driver of the golf ball and my putting has always been the best part of my game. Needless to say I’ve holed a bunch of putts in my time and hope there isn’t a putts made quota someday. 😂

My dad is 6’4” and I’m 5’11”. His putters were normally around 37” and if I choked it down just a bit his putters always felt best to me. I started using a 36” putter shortly after starting the game and that always felt perfect for me. One day in high school I was extending a new putter and had a piece of shaft sticking out as the extension before cutting it to length. I was messing around and started hitting putts with it and it felt so good to me. Choking down to my comfort length and I loved the feel of it. Keep in mind this was before extra length grips were available and had very few option for split type long putter grips. I cut it to length but always remembered how much I liked that feel. Fast forward several years and the belly putter became a thing and I hated the anchor feel, but I found a putter I loved the look of and just sawed right through the grip and shaft to 39” and have had that putter for 16 years now. I’ve used other putters and always extended them to the 39” length. I love the extra weight and the way my stroke feels with this setup. I probably still grip it at the 36” mark but how the putter swings feels so much better to me. I have no intention of ever changing. 

Seemore Fitting

I had a zoom fitting with John Higgins after sending him videos of my putting stroke and pics of my grip and setup. We had a great conversation and discussed my background and my putting stroke and setup. John was very complimentary of my stroke and could tell that my technique worked for me. He made some suggestions about my head movements and weight distribution that I completely agreed with and have worked on since with good results. He is very knowledgeable of their products and putting in general. We discussed my specs and lie angle and decided on the Private Reserve M5X mallet. 39”, 67 degree lie angle and with the 20 gram internal hosel that Seemore offers it brought the headweight to 380 grams which is exactly where I prefer it for my setup. It also has a 120 gram 15” putter grip. 

The Putter

My putter shipped in about 5 days after our call. I was way excited to see it and I wasn’t disappointed when I opened it up. The quality of this putter is incredible. Beautiful platinum finish and the milling is so detailed. Every detail of my putter was perfect including my request for them to close the grip a few degrees. This head has a tri sole and is 303 stainless with an aluminum insert. It’s all milled seemlessly and you can barely see the insert. The small grooves look fantastic and the head shape really fits my eye. The weight and balance of the putter is perfect. 

Performance

I have been to the putting green 4 times now and played nine holes with my new Seemore. One concern I had in ordering this head was the aluminum insert. For those who have never used aluminum, it is very soft and doesn’t make much sound. I was worried about that as I prefer a little click and clear feedback. About 3 putts in I knew my worries were no more. The feel off the face is so good. It is soft but gives great feedback of contact and there is a nice muted click at impact. The combination let’s me know exactly how I’ve struck the putt before I even look down the line. The putter sets up so square and the RST Rifle scope technology is almost a no brainer because the fit of the putter is so spot on. As long as I don’t manipulate my hands anywhere the spot is hidden and the face is square. It’s a wonderful checkpoint, and ensures consistent setup putt after putt. As others have mentioned the ball comes off the putter very clean and has a peppy feel, I wouldn’t say hot however. The ball just really gets rolling quickly and I feel it comes off very consistent. My opinion on the livelier feel. The loft is a 2.5 degrees so there is little to no lift effect, it’s just square contact. The grooves help get it rolling quicker and the shaft isn’t a pole which gives it an added little kick. The combination is the immediate strong roll the putter imparts. My distance control has been darn near perfect since my first putt with it and I love how the ball comes off so consistent. Basically there is nothing about this putter I don’t like. This whole experience has been great and Seemore is a great company. This is not my first putter from them and my experience in the past was just as great as this one has been. There customer service is amazing and they really want to help. I’ve just finally found the right head for me and the internal hosel tech let’s the putter be flat enough for my setup, which I couldn’t get to on their older models. After a few more rounds I will give more feedback of how my putter is performing. 

78D22E8B-8E79-425E-A602-70E5485E8CE5.jpeg

83065469-3393-47EF-BF53-F5B2F4BE329A.jpeg

0A0825C9-3DEB-4EB0-9C7C-64D0802C56B3.jpeg

63D82315-D800-4198-B7F4-AF8ED5F91AEF.jpeg

Looks very nice! 

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I have a buddy that just got a new SM.  Seems apparent that they are a quality product at least from a milling/fit/finish perspective.  

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black