Pro V1x, Tour B RXS, TP5x, or CSx

GC70

I’m gaming the V1x, but looking for spin around the green. Wounding if anyone has compared these balls. I’m looking for more green side spin, but don’t want to give up the distance I’m getting from the 1x. I liked the 2017 TP5x, but hated the 2019. I haven’t played a Callaway ball since the Tour iZ. Bridgestone I’ve never really ever gave them a shot. 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

2 minutes ago, GC70 said:

I’m gaming the V1x, but looking for spin around the green. Wounding if anyone has compared these balls. I’m looking for more green side spin, but don’t want to give up the distance I’m getting from the 1x. I liked the 2017 TP5x, but hated the 2019. I haven’t played a Callaway ball since the Tour iZ. Bridgestone I’ve never really ever gave them a shot. 

If you’re going to try a Bridgestone ball, use the comparable one, the Tour B X. You’ll see many posts about it.

• Like 3

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Of those mentioned, you’re already getting the most wedge spin. If you want more, there is one…

641CEC89-7077-4114-99A4-426C50A2B54A.png.080f8ab95d085e64f5fc870c3830faa3.png

• Like 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

You are running at the very top of the charts with 21 V1x.

On Titleist’s propriety testing chart, the only ball they list as close to Vix is Chrome Soft X.

In my personal experience, I find Bridgestone Tour BXS (Tiger’s ball) to be close… and Tour BX isn’t far behind. 

I have spent time testing 21 TP5x and Chrome Soft X LS, and neither is in the league of V1x for short game spin.

• Thanks 1

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

13 hours ago, GC70 said:

your swing is unique to you so its pointless to go off of anyone elses testing.....i just used the V1x this week and hated it around the green....I thought the V1x would be a nice combo between the AVX and left dash........the Prov1 i switched to was much much better...FOR ME......not sure how it would work for you.....

I want to try the 21 TP5X but have received mixed reviews....some saying its a lot softer but TM chat reps told me it feels the same as the 2019 ball, which i hated.....

i would go to a PGA superstore, buy a bunch of 3 packs and test them all yourself.....Im going broke on ball testing this year, but so far the Prov1 has been the best all around ball FOR ME......the BXS was a ballon ball for me.....the BX is too hard for my liking and didnt perform for me.....trying the BRX this week and the TP5x /TP5....

All i know is ioll have a bunch of balls i wont use when this is all said and done

• Thanks 1

CSX and CSX LS are both sleepers out of the bunch.  I have tested all the balls you have mentioned and for me, the CSX LS beat out all of them.  I'm a high/high player so I need something as low spin as possible.  The TP5x is a beast as well that covers everything you could possibly want and will fit a lot of high ss golfers.  It just spin a tad too much for me.  BX is solid as well, but I couldn't get the distance off the tee and it was half a club short for irons.  MTB-X is my other gamer, but irons launch a bit too high for me.  Out of the entire bunch, the ProV1x spun the most for me.   

• Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

You should try the Snell MTB-X. Has everything you're looking for.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

The VIx is among the highest spinning already. 

If you want more I think the Kirkland, seed, and mizuno spin more though I haven't tried the mizuno or seed and Kirkland is too spinny for me.

If you like the feel of the V1x the srixon XV is very similar, not sure which spins more but I change them out myself and they play the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping 430 LST 9* set to 7.5*  ventus TR blue 6x

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎3+ Kai'li 70x

Ping g425 max 7 wood set to 19* w Ventus TR blue 8X

Srixon ZX utility 23* Ventus Black 9tx

Srixon ZX-7 5-AW, Project X 6.5 LZ

Cleveland RTX mid bounce 56 and 60 DG S400

Odyssey metal x milled 2-ball mid, 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

Snell MTBX and Srixon XV are basically interchangeable for me (and very similar to the Prov1X) in real world golf round testing.  I have to say I like the MTB X off the putter the most and the V1X/XV equally off the wedges.  I game all three an love them all. From a feel of say a 7 iron I would say the XV feels sounds the softest, V1x and MTBX are identical to my subjective perspective.  Driver all three are a wash. I have not tested the Bridgestone TourX but have read a lot of great things about that ball and will test when my current stash runs low of the three balls mentioned above.  

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

6 hours ago, tsecor said:

this table is a few years old already.....this isnt an updated table is it? 

No. 2019. About time for an update if they still have the equipment and motivation.

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

On 7/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, tsecor said:

your swing is unique to you so its pointless to go off of anyone elses testing.....i just used the V1x this week and hated it around the green....I thought the V1x would be a nice combo between the AVX and left dash........the Prov1 i switched to was much much better...FOR ME......not sure how it would work for you.....

I want to try the 21 TP5X but have received mixed reviews....some saying its a lot softer but TM chat reps told me it feels the same as the 2019 ball, which i hated.....

i would go to a PGA superstore, buy a bunch of 3 packs and test them all yourself.....Im going broke on ball testing this year, but so far the Prov1 has been the best all around ball FOR ME......the BXS was a ballon ball for me.....the BX is too hard for my liking and didnt perform for me.....trying the BRX this week and the TP5x /TP5....

All i know is ioll have a bunch of balls i wont use when this is all said and done

Did you have time to try the TP5’s and X’s out?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

On 7/3/2021 at 11:19 AM, phizzy30 said:

CSX and CSX LS are both sleepers out of the bunch.  I have tested all the balls you have mentioned and for me, the CSX LS beat out all of them.  I'm a high/high player so I need something as low spin as possible.  The TP5x is a beast as well that covers everything you could possibly want and will fit a lot of high ss golfers.  It just spin a tad too much for me.  BX is solid as well, but I couldn't get the distance off the tee and it was half a club short for irons.  MTB-X is my other gamer, but irons launch a bit too high for me.  Out of the entire bunch, the ProV1x spun the most for me.   

I tried the CSX and it was two spiny off the driver for me. My SS is only at 100 so I’m not sure I’d get enough green side spin out of the CS LS?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

6 hours ago, GC70 said:

I tried the CSX and it was two spiny off the driver for me. My SS is only at 100 so I’m not sure I’d get enough green side spin out of the CS LS?

Expect 200 rpm less spin off driver with the LS to CSX.  It still has enough spin for irons for me and doesn't roll out like crazy for chips and pitches. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 7/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, phizzy30 said:

Been playing the CS LS since it came out and it might be the best ball I have ever played? It spins for me just a s much as PROV1X but less with driver...

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Been playing the CS LS since it came out and it might be the best ball I have ever played? It spins for me just a s much as PROV1X but less with driver...

Launches a little lower as well for me.  Takes all the good things about CSX and makes it better IMO. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Launches a little lower as well for me.  Takes all the good things about CSX and makes it better IMO. 

How would you rate the trajectory of the three Chrome Soft variants (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, Chrome Soft X LS) relative to Pro V1x? 

I've never hit the LS version and my experience with Chrome Soft was mostly back in 2014 or thereabouts, not sure about current versions. But the older Chrome Softs seemed to fly pretty low to me.

The Chrome Soft X (not LS) does not seem to fly as low as I remember those Chrome Softs. And certainly the CSX holds greens better. But still it's not a super high flyer like Pro V1x or at least I don't think so (full disclosure, I have very little experience with the Callaway balls so these are kind of hit-and-run impressions of mine).

6 hours ago, Stanks said:

CSX / LS > BX > PV1X = TP5X. 

The LS CSX is probably the best ball offered this year, thus far. And in yellow, to boot. It performs, is durable, looks good, and is a fun ball to play. 

Yellow as long as you can put up with those awful multicolored lines on the side of the ball. 

10 hours ago, North Butte said:

How would you rate the trajectory of the three Chrome Soft variants (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, Chrome Soft X LS) relative to Pro V1x? 

I've never hit the LS version and my experience with Chrome Soft was mostly back in 2014 or thereabouts, not sure about current versions. But the older Chrome Softs seemed to fly pretty low to me.

The Chrome Soft X (not LS) does not seem to fly as low as I remember those Chrome Softs. And certainly the CSX holds greens better. But still it's not a super high flyer like Pro V1x or at least I don't think so (full disclosure, I have very little experience with the Callaway balls so these are kind of hit-and-run impressions of mine).

They all launch lower than the ProV1x.  Over the years, Titleist has made the V1x launch higher and higher.  That and the price has led me to look else where. 

4 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

They all launch lower than the ProV1x.  Over the years, Titleist has made the V1x launch higher and higher.  That and the price has led me to look else where. 

I'm a Pro V1x "fan boy" of long standing, going back to 2013 version. I love a high ball flight and have always struggled to get that with my driver or any other club longer than a PW or GW. Low flight balls like the original Chrome Soft or the AVX just don't help me much with producing the shots that I'm picturing in my mind. 

But when I tried the 2021 Pro V1x it did seem to take that to the next level. I really struggled to get the ball to the hole with short irons and wedges if there was some wind about. I kind of thought it was because of some swing changes that are letting me hit the ball higher than I have in the past. But the ball aerodynamics may have been tweaked for even higher flight, too. 

I'd always said there's no such thing as a ball that flies too high or spins too much for my game but 2021 has been the year that proved those both wrong. I've now found one ball (2021 Pro V1x) that flies too high and one ball (Tour B XS) that spins too much, at least for the swing and equipment I have right now. 

So I've backed down a notch to balls like 2021 Pro V1 or the Chrome Soft X which seem to give me something like the flight and spin I remember from the Pro V1x circa 2013 or 2017.

1 minute ago, North Butte said:

I'm a Pro V1x "fan boy" of long standing, going back to 2013 version. I love a high ball flight and have always struggled to get that with my driver or any other club longer than a PW or GW. Low flight balls like the original Chrome Soft or the AVX just don't help me much with producing the shots that I'm picturing in my mind. 

But when I tried the 2021 Pro V1x it did seem to take that to the next level. I really struggled to get the ball to the hole with short irons and wedges if there was some wind about. I kind of thought it was because of some swing changes that are letting me hit the ball higher than I have in the past. But the ball aerodynamics may have been tweaked for even higher flight, too. 

I'd always said there's no such thing as a ball that flies too high or spins too much for my game but 2021 has been the year that proved those both wrong. I've now found one ball (2021 Pro V1x) that flies too high and one ball (Tour B XS) that spins too much, at least for the swing and equipment I have right now. 

So I've backed down a notch to balls like 2021 Pro V1 or the Chrome Soft X which seem to give me something like the flight and spin I remember from the Pro V1x circa 2013 or 2017.

Yeah I gamed the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen V1x.  After that, the ball seemed to launch higher over the years which is why I moved away.  Of course over that time, my ss kept on increasing.  I like a mid ball flight.  l never want to see a sky high ball even if it's low spin.  It gets really dicey when the wind blows.  Rather hit something that cuts through the wind even if it's a worm burner hence the CSX LS. 

2 hours ago, North Butte said:

I tried the 2021 prov1X as well and it literally balloons for me.....the Prov1 does not.....

The last version of the chromesoft worked pretty good for me so im gonna try the new one tonight.....then the new TP5 which i have really liked since the 2019 model and the Lethal before that.  I did try the BRXS and that was pretty good but have limited experience with it. 

after next week, ill have a ball decision made for the next few years....so far Prov1 is the best ball of 2020 and 2021 IMO

Havent hit the CS LS though or the X.......

14 hours ago, North Butte said:

Yellow as long as you can put up with those awful multicolored lines on the side of the ball. 

I don't terribly hate them but, I don't quite like them. They're there and that's all they are to me. I definitely wouldn't mind them being in better colors. Like blue and green, all black, etc. etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing the chromesoft the last two weeks and once again I am pleasantly suprised by the performance. Its very long off the tee for me and i have been outdriving guys the last few weeks in our league.....many of them using the Prov1x

The CS is tested to be very low spin off the driver and gradually becomes more "spinnier" as you progress through your set...i am not sure if you can call a golf ball "forgiving" or not, but this thing flies straight as an arrow. Wherever you point it, it goes...i am not seeing any balloon slices or bad pulll hooks. I can draw it slightly and fade it slightly but for the most part it flies straight. 

I am not sure i want to try any other balls because the CS has been very good. Feel is amazing too.

as a side note, the 2021 TP5x is very clicky off the putter. same as it ws in 2019.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, tsecor said:

I tried the 2021 prov1X as well and it literally balloons for me.....the Prov1 does not.....

The last version of the chromesoft worked pretty good for me so im gonna try the new one tonight.....then the new TP5 which i have really liked since the 2019 model and the Lethal before that.  I did try the BRXS and that was pretty good but have limited experience with it. 

after next week, ill have a ball decision made for the next few years....so far Prov1 is the best ball of 2020 and 2021 IMO

Havent hit the CS LS though or the X.......

This is why I've stayed with 2019 prov1x...   

12 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

This is why I've stayed with 2019 prov1x...   

I've about convinced myself that the current Chrome Soft X is "close enough" to the 2019 Pro V1x that I've really enjoyed playing for two years. Down to one dozen of the 2019's (plus quite a few in the shag bag that are slightly dinged up but playable) so at some point I'll put them back in play and see if they are still the best ball for me. But I'm fairly satisfied with Chrome Soft X right now. Doesn't have that very, very high flight like Pro V1x but still gets good hang time.

The Pro V1 and some other balls always seem like they can't wait to get back on the ground when I hit them. I mean they might peak kind of high but it's just up to the peak then immediately back down. I like balls that go up and seem to stay high a bit longer before coming down (for example Pro V1x prior to 2021, Chrome Soft X, some of the older versions of B330, the newer Tour B XS).  

I played 50+ rounds with 2021 Pro V1 and I liked it but it never really seemed like a 2019 Pro V1x replacement. And based on an initial tryout the 2021 Pro V1x was very different from the 2019 Pro V1x. Not a fan (as much as it pains me to say that).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I've about convinced myself that the current Chrome Soft X is "close enough" to the 2019 Pro V1x that I've really enjoyed playing for two years. Down to one dozen of the 2019's (plus quite a few in the shag bag that are slightly dinged up but playable) so at some point I'll put them back in play and see if they are still the best ball for me. But I'm fairly satisfied with Chrome Soft X right now. Doesn't have that very, very high flight like Pro V1x but still gets good hang time.

The Pro V1 and some other balls always seem like they can't wait to get back on the ground when I hit them. I mean they might peak kind of high but it's just up to the peak then immediately back down. I like balls that go up and seem to stay high a bit longer before coming down (for example Pro V1x prior to 2021, Chrome Soft X, some of the older versions of B330, the newer Tour B XS).  

I played 50+ rounds with 2021 Pro V1 and I liked it but it never really seemed like a 2019 Pro V1x replacement. And based on an initial tryout the 2021 Pro V1x was very different from the 2019 Pro V1x. Not a fan (as much as it pains me to say that).

Yes to everything......but I tried CSX ......no bueno.....just didn't have the pop or the feel to me ......we're pretty much in the same boat and I'll champion the 2019X for a few more years ......

No science behind this next comment but I also believe that the sound/feel of my current gear can't be replicated with other ball offerings......could be in my head but I've grown accustomed to both sound n feel and scores reflect that.