2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

5 hours ago, kwettig said:

I only play courses on Play.  I rarely start up 2020 anymore.  The graphics just make it that much more enjoyable for me.  Pitfalls: The data is better in 2020.  I have a swing camera coming so that will change as I can use the camera replay in 2020.  Some contests are not on Play yet.  

When I upgraded I received Harbor Town and Del Monte courses with the upgrade so it kind of lessened the blow of paying for an upgrade that was rumored to be free.  I’d be sure to take advantage if they have any promotions they might have for the upgrade.

If they have a GC3 it’s a paid upgrade software purchase.  Unlocked BLP would be a paid upgrade as well.  It’s included on the new subscription silver and gold tiers and they basically added it in to the new higher price of the BLP.  

This is a relatively unknown advantage to BLP subscription.

FSX Play is included, a $500 value that will turn into a $1000 value in 2024 when the next version comes along.

Its why I haven’t unlocked the unit and why I didn’t go with GC3

16 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Thanks. It says it has a PC compartment but don’t see photos showing it. Does it have a place for a laptop?

I actually bought both the 2.0 and the large and ending up keeping the large because you can fit a full size laptop in it along with plenty of accessories. I keep my GC3 in this when I am not using it in the house just to keep it protected and out of the way. It is very non-descript so it doesn't scream steal me as it looks like a normal pack. Plus it is a perfect size for air travel as it fits the personal size category and can go under a seat. 

The new GC3 sling is overpriced and really seems only to be able to carry the GC3 without too much more. 

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

4 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

I actually bought both the 2.0 and the large and ending up keeping the large because you can fit a full size laptop in it along with plenty of accessories. I keep my GC3 in this when I am not using it in the house just to keep it protected and out of the way. It is very non-descript so it doesn't scream steal me as it looks like a normal pack. Plus it is a perfect size for air travel as it fits the personal size category and can go under a seat. 

The new GC3 sling is overpriced and really seems only to be able to carry the GC3 without too much more. 

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

What he said. A regular laptop or ipad will fit fine.  A full size gaming/enterprise laptop might be a bit snug

20 hours ago, kiddoc said:

FSX Play is included, a $500 value that will turn into a $1000 value in 2024 when the next version comes along.

Yes if you got in on BLP when it was $3000 and now only pay $700 a year for gold you are ahead for 6+ years now. It also makes your BLP worth more on the secondary market.  I don’t think they’ll be replacing Play in 2 years like the previous versions.  Now that they are on the Unity graphics engine it will likely be more incremental upgrades to incorporate FSX 2020 features that it doesn’t have.  They will ultimately get rid of 2020 and Play will replace it for the $3000 that 2020 costs now IMO.  

The two things I thought pretty hard about before I decided on the GC3 was that I didn’t really understand the subscription model as it pertained to “owning” courses and also after year 5 I would be ahead of the game cost wise.  Looks like that’s been pushed back vs those that got BLP in the first 9 months. But I still don’t see the value in owning courses that you can’t play without the silver or gold subscription and I don’t believe you can transfer course ownership so if you expand beyond the 5/10 free you really need to commit to subscribing for years and years to justify the $100-$250 per course.  

On 10/19/2022 at 5:31 PM, Frank_Dux said:

Can you change the color of the shot tracer for the Range on Play? For the life of me I couldn't find how to lol

Don’t think you can change it yet that I know of.  I know you are able to select a different color for different clubs in 2020…maybe they will eventually add it to Play.

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

Yes if you got in on BLP when it was $3000 and now only pay $700 a year for gold you are ahead for 6+ years now. It also makes your BLP worth more on the secondary market.  I don’t think they’ll be replacing Play in 2 years like the previous versions.  Now that they are on the Unity graphics engine it will likely be more incremental upgrades to incorporate FSX 2020 features that it doesn’t have.  They will ultimately get rid of 2020 and Play will replace it for the $3000 that 2020 costs now IMO.  

The two things I thought pretty hard about before I decided on the GC3 was that I didn’t really understand the subscription model as it pertained to “owning” courses and also after year 5 I would be ahead of the game cost wise.  Looks like that’s been pushed back vs those that got BLP in the first 9 months. But I still don’t see the value in owning courses that you can’t play without the silver or gold subscription and I don’t believe you can transfer course ownership so if you expand beyond the 5/10 free you really need to commit to subscribing for years and years to justify the $100-$250 per course.  

My plan is to move the courses to a Quad when the next version comes out, well within the break even point, as I was in early on the BLP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catalystman said:

I presume the answer is no, but just in case, is there a way to have the BLP measure club head speed with the sticker without having to hit a ball?  Got the stack coming, but wanted to check before I get a PRGR or something.

I tried hitting a foam ball with my rypstick and a sticker.  Ball cut in half on the third swing though.  I don’t think there’s any other way.

19 hours ago, kwettig said:

Don’t think you can change it yet that I know of.  I know you are able to select a different color for different clubs in 2020…maybe they will eventually add it to Play.

Thanks. Ya it seems a little more limited vs. 2020 but it looks nicer. lol. like I don't see on the play range AOA but i'm sure i'm not looking in the right area. need to spend more time with it. 

2 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I can confirm: the Barometer now works accurately after the latest software update. Went from -300+/- feet to +264 feet and accurate temperature.  

past few updates have been great from my experience, night and day from the early days when you weren’t sure whether a new firmware will screw something up.  It’s hard to

find good tech talent these days, hopefully this means they’ve been able to strengthen their bench.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, larciel said:

Anybody used the metal sticker leftover and put in on the club face?

It reads ok but not sure if that's accurate 

I’ve done it too. You can get replacements off of the bay very cheaply. I got several sheets of them for about 8 bucks if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, kwettig said:

Updated to the new firmware.  Says improved ball lock on the notes but I saw the opposite. Seemed to take a bit longer to lock than last firmware. Last firmware didn’t show battery percentage for me when I unplugged the unit.  Just showed 0%.  Had the correct % displayed after the update though.

I noticed the same after the firmware update. I thought it was just me. It’s not a huge difference, but when quickly cycling through shots, I did some misreads. Now I know to slow down just a little more.

On 10/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, kiddoc said:

It’s included? Isn’t it just a free trial?

6 hours ago, larciel said:

I purchased at launch. So I should have fsx play until next major release? 

Yes, you should have it then. I simply had to download the software and install it. 

When you sign into your Foresight account, it will recognize you as a GC3 owner. It’s been a few months since I installed it, but if you go through the steps to purchase Play, you will see it’s free to you. From there you simply download it. I did have to reinstall all of my courses though. I don’t remember if I had to download them again unfortunately.

Edited by SollyinGA

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

If that’s the refurb special then no FSX Play is not included it is an add on.  No GC3 owners got FSX Play included with purchase that I know of unless they got it after the price increase earlier this year.

Correct, same for unlocked BLPs...even though CS reps were explicitly telling us that Play would be included.

• Like 1

Just got my BLP back from Foresight after it locked because of a bad 1.6 firmware update.

I had them update to 1.7 before shipping.

There is now a “debug” icon in a submenu that I didn’t notice before.

Do others have this? Was it added in the 1.6 1.7 update, or did they add this to my unit after service.

Of note, my device now states that I have hit 25 total shots with it since it’s birth.

They rolled back the odometer!

• Like 1