Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

55 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

Hoping someone can help me. Newly purchased GC3 and played a quick 9 on The Old Course last night. Distances seemed...low. I know, I know...typical complainer and "you dont hit the ball as far as you think". I am a 3 handicap and been playing for almost 30 years and I know how far my clubs go.

Based on the "PGA Tour Averages" Trackman chart that lots of us know and love, I sit right below the Tour averages on all clubs. I knew this prior to getting my GC3 (been fit for driver on a Quad and irons on Trackman). Both of those fittings, yardages were fine so I am thinking it has to be a set up problem with my GC3. Here is a chart of 20 hit PWs and some stinkers thrown out:

image.png.019cee1d78f0755bbd610e1aa24caf54.png

image.png.cbd5e44b131bf1ef02f11ba28f389220.png

I dont understand why my distances are about 10 yards short of my typical on course shot. And its worse on wedges and as the clubs get longer, it becomes closer to what I am used to (driver around 105 club head speed, 265 carry)

To me, it seems that club head speed is accurate, but ball speed is very low which is making the efficiency super low and the carry super low. Anyone have any suggestions? And not "indoor swing syndrome". That isnt it. The club head speed seems fine.

smash of 1.22 on last couple seems in line with tour average…curious why you throw out indoor swing syndrome but if your other clubs are closer to your expectations you could likely rule that out.  Some mats will cause your strike to be a little higher compared to outdoors and have lower slightly lower ball speed. That said when you plug in your last number and the tour number you get the exact same carry of 124 yards in the flightscope trajectory optimizer.  The other question I would have is do you have your barometer on and is it reading the correct altitude for your location?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Hoping someone can help me. Newly purchased GC3 and played a quick 9 on The Old Course last night. Distances seemed...low. I know, I know...typical complainer and "you dont hit the ball as far as you think". I am a 3 handicap and been playing for almost 30 years and I know how far my clubs go.

Based on the "PGA Tour Averages" Trackman chart that lots of us know and love, I sit right below the Tour averages on all clubs. I knew this prior to getting my GC3 (been fit for driver on a Quad and irons on Trackman). Both of those fittings, yardages were fine so I am thinking it has to be a set up problem with my GC3. Here is a chart of 20 hit PWs and some stinkers thrown out:

image.png.019cee1d78f0755bbd610e1aa24caf54.png

image.png.cbd5e44b131bf1ef02f11ba28f389220.png

I dont understand why my distances are about 10 yards short of my typical on course shot. And its worse on wedges and as the clubs get longer, it becomes closer to what I am used to (driver around 105 club head speed, 265 carry)

To me, it seems that club head speed is accurate, but ball speed is very low which is making the efficiency super low and the carry super low. Anyone have any suggestions? And not "indoor swing syndrome". That isnt it. The club head speed seems fine.

Do you know have the club path/AoA data?

But these numbers are not far off, you are swinging the club slower while likely not making as clear of contact, thus shorter distance. If you play relatively fluffy fairways you might also be getting just enough grass between the ball and face to drop the spin and inflate your on course carry a bit. 

Foresight also tends to report slightly higher CHS vs trackman due to how they measure it. Ball speed is king and you just aren't getting that 102 ball speed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

Do you know have the club path/AoA data?

But these numbers are not far off, you are swinging the club slower while likely not making as clear of contact, thus shorter distance. If you play relatively fluffy fairways you might also be getting just enough grass between the ball and face to drop the spin and inflate your on course carry a bit. 

Foresight also tends to report slightly higher CHS vs trackman due to how they measure it. Ball speed is king and you just aren't getting that 102 ball speed

I think it's a mix of things here. I think my mat is causing a higher strike, causing most efficiency numbers to be low. I normally play on pretty tight, firm conditions so I must be catching most shots a hair heavy or the ball is riding up the face.

I'll do more tape work tomorrow and see where my strikes are. Also, I'll set the barometer like @kwettighad mentioned, but it definitely has to be me. 

I like golf. A lot.

Fooling around a bit…I hit some shots around that speed and it was pretty much the same.  I couldn’t quite get the same efficiency, mine is lower, and my spin is a bit higher.  This is at sea level.  If I have it set at 1000’ I get about 3-5 yards more carry for similar shots.  Also temp would change carry.  I see a few yards different per 30° or so.3D788880-AEBE-4D4E-9A25-D0D0C5511AE4.jpeg.26d1647175fce65be4a21b466ae4614e.jpeg

As far as setup is concerned I would make sure the GC3 is at the same height as the ball or err slightly higher rather than lower.  Other than that there’s not much for setup mistakes that I’m aware of.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, b_Jammin said:

I mainly use the 3d foresight range and will play a few courses. Initially, club data was only available for the Gold subscription.

Looks like the Silver subscription might be the play this go round…

Same. We use the range most of the time and the inside 6 feet game. Didn’t know there was a pitch n putt. Lol. Ya I was on gold but might need to go silver this time. 

On 11/16/2022 at 10:45 PM, kwettig said:

Side note for the camera in fsx2020…I screen recorded that video from fsxLive. Pretty sweet to have an auto sync to the cloud for all of your swing videos that you can review any time with all the shot data from GC3.

That swing is super smooth. 

Thanks for sharing. That is sweet with auto sync. I didn’t know you could do that. Is the camera link on Amazon have a long enough cord. You can do face on or down the line? How do you set this up?

On 11/15/2022 at 8:07 PM, kwettig said:

Pitch and putt is the best course to own!  I play it to warm up nearly every round.  

Your battery posts got me thinking and I noticed that mine was losing % quite quickly.  It went from 80% to 35% in an hour of just sitting there.  So I thought I would try to run it all the way out.  The next day when I started it up it was at 17%.  I played about a round and it was at 0%.  So I kept playing.  I stopped after the 5th round and it was still going on 0%.  Going to try to run it out again tonight but I’m going on 4-5 hours of run time unplugged so far so I think it’s just a problem with how it’s calculating battery percentage left.

I got my replacement unit a month ago. Bushnell customer support said you can keep it plugged in but discharge it monthly. I’m kinda hesitant to have it plugged in all the time. Even my EV only charges to 80. How many of you guys use it charging plugged in Vs using the battery?

20 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Same. We use the range most of the time and the inside 6 feet game. Didn’t know there was a pitch n putt. Lol. Ya I was on gold but might need to go silver this time. 

Thanks for sharing. That is sweet with auto sync. I didn’t know you could do that. Is the camera link on Amazon have a long enough cord. You can do face on or down the line? How do you set this up?

I got my replacement unit a month ago. Bushnell customer support said you can keep it plugged in but discharge it monthly. I’m kinda hesitant to have it plugged in all the time. Even my EV only charges to 80. How many of you guys use it charging plugged in Vs using the battery?

It’s a long enough cord(10’) when I have it set up for face on as it’s relatively close to my computer but I just bought an active usb cable on Amazon to be able to set it up down the line.  I use a cheap phone tripod that came with a camera mount.

I leave it plugged in all the time.  I finally let it discharge completely a little while ago.  I’ll probably do that monthly if I think of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

I use battery 100% of the time….

Charge when it gets to about 30%, plug it in overnight and then keep it unplugged until I use it again…some times 5 days later…no issues.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if you set up a "guest account", AKA add a player to play with you, if their data is saved anywhere? Since they done have an FSX Live account, I am assuming no? My father will be over to play regularly, and I think it would be cool if I could provide him with club data when he plays/practices.

I like golf. A lot.

11 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Since they reset my battery remotely, it’s back to starting at 99-98% reading by the time I get it synced to laptop and discharges at a rate to last about 7-8 hours. Before the reset, the battery read low, but it lasted the same time. I plug it only to charge it and then put it in a case between uses. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

52 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

Does anyone know if you set up a "guest account", AKA add a player to play with you, if their data is saved anywhere? Since they done have an FSX Live account, I am assuming no? My father will be over to play regularly, and I think it would be cool if I could provide him with club data when he plays/practices.

Anyone can sign up for an FSX Live account.  Should just have to link their account when you add a player.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Anyone can sign up for an FSX Live account.  Should just have to link their account when you add a player.

Got it, thanks. I made him an account.

Boy, FSX Play is buggy. Some random stuff is always happening...Adding to favorites, even starting a game with multiple players doesnt always work properly. I had a wicked bug when attempting to take a drop where I had to ALT+F4 the software. I guess its fairly new so they have bugs to work out, but its pretty much every single time I have used it, something flakes out.

Edited by TomBomb51

I like golf. A lot.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:38 PM, b_Jammin said:

I mainly use the 3d foresight range and will play a few courses. Initially, club data was only available for the Gold subscription.

Looks like the Silver subscription might be the play this go round…

Get the basic and then get GSPRO for $250 a year. You'll have over 300 courses wuth amazing graphics and ball physics. Great practice modes as well.

19 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Another nooby question...

When reading my shots on FSX Live (website), why doesn't it show left to right? I obviously have side spin and club path data, why doesnt it show after the fact?

Not sure what you’re asking exactly.  The tracers are on there but it doesn’t display properly on mobile.  Under the club data tile you can see spin axis.  

18 hours ago, kwettig said:

Not sure what you’re asking exactly.  The tracers are on there but it doesn’t display properly on mobile.  Under the club data tile you can see spin axis.  

See attached. I didn't hit all shots perfectly straight. 

Screenshot_20221125-073315_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-073322_Brave.jpg

Edited by TomBomb51

I like golf. A lot.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, kwettig said:

They do.  To be fair I haven’t really used the range in depth on GS Pro so I don’t know what I have to offer on the comparison.  The ball physics, the table data, ability for swing cam for me put FSX 2020 on top over e6, gs pro, and fsx play.  But GS Pro has like 300 courses vs 5 with 2 terrible ones on FSX with the silver package.  That’s a no brainer if you’re going to play courses vs spend time on range with swing cam.

Dang. That’s tempting to get the FSX Silver for $499 for the range / data then and add GS Pro for 300 courses. That’s just like a Gold package essentially.

Is GS Pro pretty easy to sync up? No connectivity issues, etc.?

I assume the GS Pro subscription download for foresight would be “Other / Open API”

Edited by Frank_Dux

36 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Dang. That’s tempting to get the FSX Silver for $499 for the range / data then and add GS Pro for 300 courses. That’s just like a Gold package essentially.

Is GS Pro pretty easy to sync up? No connectivity issues, etc.?

I assume the GS Pro subscription download for foresight would be “Other / Open API”

When I first installed it I had some trouble because I tried to install it in a different directory but when I just used the defaults it worked without issue.  Open api is correct.  They have an easy way to connect it as of now in the discord and I haven’t had any problem with it.  It could always be locked down in the future so I’m a bit wary of firmware upgrades.  Some courses are fantastic looking and others are a bit behind FSX Play in terms of quality.  I think silver would be a nice sweet spot for people that really utilize the FSX 2020 range and use GSPro for course play.

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

When I first installed it I had some trouble because I tried to install it in a different directory but when I just used the defaults it worked without issue.  Open api is correct.  They have an easy way to connect it as of now in the discord and I haven’t had any problem with it.  It could always be locked down in the future so I’m a bit wary of firmware upgrades.  Some courses are fantastic looking and others are a bit behind FSX Play in terms of quality.  I think silver would be a nice sweet spot for people that really utilize the FSX 2020 range and use GSPro for course play.

Congrats on the GC3! Super helpful. Thanks so much. Yes, will get GS Pro. We use the FSX2020 range for the data then inside 6 feet game. 

Is the GS Pro range data comparable and accurate to FSX? Wondering if you can get by even just doing the Basic instead of the Silver then use the GS Pro range 

Edited by Frank_Dux