Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?

51 minutes ago, BEBGOLF said:

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?

We would get missed shots only if the golf mat moves due to torque from the feet loading. Is your mat pretty secure?

I asked FS guys before and they said when the GC3/BLP says “ready” it’s locked on the ball. If there is movement before hitting it won’t register. 

What we do to check is hit chip shots to see if it’s working and it does. Have you tried that?

Edited by Frank_Dux

24 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

We would get missed shots only if the golf mat moves due to torque from the feet loading. Is your mat pretty secure?

I asked FS guys before and they said when the GC3/BLP says “ready” it’s locked on the ball. If there is movement before hitting it won’t register. 

What we do to check is hit chip shots to see if it’s working and it does. Have you tried that?

This happened with me but I bought a Truestrike mat and haven't had the issue since. 

• Like 1

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

1 hour ago, BEBGOLF said:

I would venture a guess that the LM is sitting on the same mat you are hitting from & shifting just enough in your transition to miss the shot.. Have you tried it outdoors with it sitting firmly on the ground to see if it misses shots there as well?

1 minute ago, Jace_bkr said:

I would venture a guess that the LM is sitting on the same mat you are hitting from & shifting just enough in your transition to miss the shot.. Have you tried it outdoors with it sitting firmly on the ground to see if it misses shots there as well?

Ours is on a separate mat, but the mat is on top of a vinyl type flooring so it moves around. We put an anti skid mat under the golf mat to prevent it from moving.

https://www.amazon.com/Veken-Non-Slip-Gripper-Surface-Floors/dp/B07P17ZD84/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3ELGTD02VYAOE&keywords=carpet+stoppers+to+prevent+sliding&qid=1669746341&sprefix=carpet+stopp%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-5

1 hour ago, BEBGOLF said:

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3/BLP. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean/mat doesn't move) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?

Does it miss shots outside?

I have a 5x5 chunk of STI eztee poly mat and it moves around sometimes.  Still picks up all shots unless the ball visibly rolls, usually when addressing the ball.  Someday I’ll actually take the carpet tape downstairs and fix it.  I think it helps significantly to have the unit on a separate piece of old mat or anything that keeps it separate but at the same height.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, gotword not allowedn1 said:

For the people using GSPro... Do you still use FSX at all or do you pretty much only use GSPro?  I have the silver package, but really want access to the library of course on GSPro.  

I still like the FSX2020 range but I don't use use the FSX software for sim play anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 12:38 AM, kwettig said:

It’s calculated.  Something foresight could easily do as well but it’s not going to be entirely accurate and would also infringe on an expensive data point for quad.  It’s probably within a few degrees though.

From the testing we've done so far it's well within a degree of what GCQuad gives for reasonably centered strikes. It's the same underlying equations that Trackman and FS use to back out their club data although Trackman has the advantage of knowing impact location as well (and I think FS just added that on the X3 a day or two ago).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whumber said:

From the testing we've done so far it's well within a degree of what GCQuad gives for reasonably centered strikes. It's the same underlying equations that Trackman and FS use to back out their club data although Trackman has the advantage of knowing impact location as well (and I think FS just added that on the X3 a day or two ago).

Yes, X3 just got impact location and official RCT support.

21 hours ago, BEBGOLF said:

I too have a misread every now and then, seems to be the same as you...one out of ten times is about right. I have mine on its own piece of foam flooring in front of my 5x5 hitting mat. I bought some new lights to see if that helps, but my missed shots may have been on FSX Play only (most of them being on or around the green). I havent had enough time with FSX2020, but the last 2 days, I have used the range and played 18 holes and havent had a missed shot yet.

I like golf. A lot.

12 hours ago, whumber said:

I still like the FSX2020 range but I don't use use the FSX software for sim play anymore.

I agree. I also like the inside 6 feet game better than the GS Pro Skills test. With GS Pro, i'm trying to determine to go with the basic or silver. Trying to figure that out. 

For those of you using GS Pro, what FSX subscription are you guys doing or going with?

52 minutes ago, BreezeDuffer said:

Did y'all see that ALL subscriptions now include FSX Play and all the club data?  I had to do a double take when I saw that today. 

I was going to get a gc3 at the discounted price but that seems fantastic. 

Image 2022-11-30 at 11.13.57 PM.jpg

Might want to read the fine print on that asterisk.  It’s down below.  Play for unlocked, gold or silver.  But you do get all the data in basic.

6 hours ago, kwettig said:

Might want to read the fine print on that asterisk.  It’s down below.  Play for unlocked, gold or silver.  But you do get all the data in basic.

A buddy of mine is in a perfect scenario...

He got his BLP last year for $3000 when it first released, got the year of basic for free and during that year, it unlocked the club data for him...Then upon renewal like a month ago, only got charged $99. Not sure why he was only charged that, but to have a BLP that can essentially read everything a GC3 can for half the price is pretty incredible.

That and if he chooses, can get GSPro for sim play, hes got the ultimate combo.

I like golf. A lot.

16 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

A buddy of mine is in a perfect scenario...

He got his BLP last year for $3000 when it first released, got the year of basic for free and during that year, it unlocked the club data for him...Then upon renewal like a month ago, only got charged $99. Not sure why he was only charged that, but to have a BLP that can essentially read everything a GC3 can for half the price is pretty incredible.

That and if he chooses, can get GSPro for sim play, hes got the ultimate combo.

Anyone who had signed up for the basic subscription before they changed the pricing tiers is grandfathered into the old pricing model but with the new club data. 

6 hours ago, whumber said:

Anyone who had signed up for the basic subscription before they changed the pricing tiers is grandfathered into the old pricing model but with the new club data. 

For just this year or...forever? Early adopters actually getting a good deal for once?

I like golf. A lot.

7 hours ago, Pens #1 fan said:

There’s so much to read, to get the BLP to be exactly like the GC3, you pay $3,499 (unit) + $3,500 (unlocked)? 

Which is currently -$500 of the $7499 tag.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:36 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

There’s so much to read, to get the BLP to be exactly like the GC3, you pay $3,499 (unit) + $3,500 (unlocked)? 

I would say generally most people would agree with this in regards to the BLP.....

1.  Look for a deal on the launch pro for $3,000-$3,500.

2. If you are computer savvy, you may want to use a software called GSPRO, which is $250 a year and requires at least the Basic Package (free first year, $250 after).  This may not always be supported, but the community for GSPRO is solid as of now, and there are a lot of courses.

3.  If you aren't computer savvy, you might be fine with the Silver Package, which is now $500 a year (you can compare the differences online, for gold vs. silver). 

4. There was recently a GC3 for 6k around Black Friday.  This is basically the Launch Pro with the gold subscription.  This is just for reference that you might be able to find a deal if you are just looking for a non subscription option.

5.  The advantage of the Launch Pro is that up front you are paying less, and the simulator market is moving quickly.  If you pay the $500 a year for the Launch Pro for 4 years for instance, you are out $2,000.... but there might be some better tech that you want to purchase at that time.  It is also possible these subscription prices change.  

6.  Either device is going to be fantastic, and I think most people are very happy overall with the GC3 or Launch Pro

Personally, I have the Silver Package and I am setting up GSPRO this weekend.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gotword not allowedn1 said:

I would say generally most people would agree with this in regards to the BLP.....

1.  Look for a deal on the launch pro for $3,000-$3,500.

2. If you are computer savvy, you may want to use a software called GSPRO, which is $250 a year and requires at least the Basic Package (free first year, $250 after).  This may not always be supported, but the community for GSPRO is solid as of now, and there are a lot of courses.

3.  If you aren't computer savvy, you might be fine with the Silver Package, which is now $500 a year (you can compare the differences online, for gold vs. silver). 

4. There was recently a GC3 for 6k around Black Friday.  This is basically the Launch Pro with the gold subscription.  This is just for reference that you might be able to find a deal if you are just looking for a non subscription option.

5.  The advantage of the Launch Pro is that up front you are paying less, and the simulator market is moving quickly.  If you pay the $500 a year for the Launch Pro for 4 years for instance, you are out $2,000.... but there might be some better tech that you want to purchase at that time.  It is also possible these subscription prices change.  

6.  Either device is going to be fantastic, and I think most people are very happy overall with the GC3 or Launch Pro

Personally, I have the Silver Package and I am setting up GSPRO this weekend.

Agree with this. I'm going Silver Package and have the GS Pro and BLP. I'm still going Silver package in case something with the GS Pro software acts up or can't recognize the BLP on a firmware update or software update, etc. 

GSPro has been great but have been getting some issues where the numbers are showing on the BLP accurate, but the ball react on the laptop. It's not frozen because the birds are still moving in the driving range. It has this bug so still wary about the dependability of the GS Pro was it's an Open API connect and not a direct connect to the FSX Software.

16 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Agree with this. I'm going Silver Package and have the GS Pro and BLP. I'm still going Silver package in case something with the GS Pro software acts up or can't recognize the BLP on a firmware update or software update, etc. 

GSPro has been great but have been getting some issues where the numbers are showing on the BLP accurate, but the ball react on the laptop. It's not frozen because the birds are still moving in the driving range. It has this bug so still wary about the dependability of the GS Pro was it's an Open API connect and not a direct connect to the FSX Software.

Personally, this is the best choice (going Silver and GSPro in case something goes sideways)

On the GSPro Discord, there is talk that GSPro + Foresight are getting official support. I dont think GSPro is going anywhere for awhile, but that doesnt mean the rug wont get pulled at some point when Foresight realizes that GSPro is (probably) the superior product.

FSX Play is incredibly buggy. FSX2020 is solid, but obviously looks dated. GSPro is the way to go right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like golf. A lot.

Jumped in on the Black Friday deal for a GC3, and I'm excited to get going! I upgraded from the Mevo+ (great tool, but with more of my use indoors, I figured to upgrade; I'll still use the Flightscope when I go to the range outdoors).

Quick question: I think I read somewhere, but could be completely wrong, that you wouldn't be able to use the Foresight overseas. So if I went outside of the USA on a golf trip, I wouldn't be able to use the software/Foresight apps?

Edited by theboypinoy

20 minutes ago, theboypinoy said:

Jumped in on the Black Friday deal for a GC3, and I'm excited to get going! I upgraded from the Mevo+ (great tool, but with more of my use indoors, I figured to upgrade; I'll still use the Flightscope when I go to the range outdoors).

Quick question: I think I read somewhere, but could be completely wrong, that you wouldn't be able to use the Foresight overseas. So if I went outside of the USA on a golf trip, I wouldn't be able to use the software/Foresight apps?

I think someone said that it locks you out after 30 days? So you have 30 days that it will work out of country.

• Like 2

I like golf. A lot.