Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

On 11/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, touch said:

Look at these numbers. It was an absolute air attack in Minneapolis today.

Aaron Rodgers 23/33 385yds. 11.7 avg    4 td's    0 int's     sacked  2-13          rating 148.4

Kirk Cousins      24/35 341yds.   9.7 avg   3 td's     0 int's    sacked 2-23           rating 128.4

and the WFT passed on keeping Captain Kirk in house a few years back.

Shameful. 

Thanks for the two winning weeks in a row for me my Michigan brother. 

My post from earlier deserves mention again.  Kirk Cousins balled once more and ended up victorious in a huge game.   Nice going #8.   Always been a fan for sure........  (outside of your anti-vacc's stance) 

You don't hear very much in the national press regarding Cousin's strong qb numbers this year do ya?

It's tough living in GOAT 2.0 Aaron Rodgersdivision I'd imagine. 

I got ya around here Kirk because a few of us..........

" like that"  

7th place in total NFL QB rankings at the end of week 11.  👍

Amazon.com: Michigan State Spartans HELMET LOGO Clear Vinyl Decal Car Truck  Sticker MSU : Sports & Outdoors

2775 7.4 374 255 0.682 21 2 106.3 126 0.337 41 5 64 14 108

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

* Remember to make a pick(either side or total) in each of the 3 Thanksgiving Day games in addition to 3 other picks for the week. 

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Thanksgiving Day

Chicago -3 1/2                     at             Detroit                     42

Las Vegas                             at            Dallas -7                   51

Buffalo -4 1/2                       at            New Orleans            46 1/2

Sunday

Tenn                                    at            New England -5 1/2   44 1/2

NY Jets                               at            Houston -3                 44

Philly -3 1/2                        at             NY Giants                   46

Tampa -2 1/2                      at             Indy                             51

Atlanta -1                            at           Jacksonville                 46 1/2

Carolina -2                          at           Miami                           42 1/2

Pittsburgh                           at           Cincy -3 1/2                 45 1/2

LA Chargers -2 1/2            at            Denver                         47

Minnesota                          at            San Fran -3                 48 1/2

LA Rams                             at            Green Bay -1               48

Sunday Night

Cleveland                           at            Baltimore -4 1/2           46

Monday Night

Seattle-1                          at               Washington                 46

• Like 2

8 hours ago, touch said:

No words pregame from Charlotte yesterday.

Again nothing following the WFT's great win against the Panthers. 

And today nada once more.

Me thinks Melon got arrested before he even got into Bank of America Stadium.

Drunks Funny GIF - Drunks Funny Falling Down - Discover & Share GIFs

I tell you what mich commish it was a little tricky getting back home

1079218989_AHMHuF12pW4b6(1).gif.64ff998514bcdac198a12de75f0baa25.gif

And you know I had to sleep one off.

U6dw7grjyMTpmiXV25.gif.c4781c5308796ab647564285c35596af.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently 30* here in the AVL. I must drive south this morning to find a touch warmer temps to golf in. 

Many will travel many miles home to be with family for Thanksgiving. Most will have 4 days off this week to enjoy togetherness with loved ones. And then there are those of us in the service industry. I will be working tomorrow straight through the week. It's ok because I am used to making other's holiday's bright.

So today is my only chance for some golf this week. I will bundle up and head to Tryon. It's to be 51* and sunny there with 10-15 mph winds. Doable.

What confidence level do I have for today's round you ask? It isn't about confidence today. Nope following my last round's score in the upper 80's today is all about REDEMPTION.  Golf in the cold is different and more difficult, but it is still golf and it still is a great time.

Lindsay Land here I come.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, touch said:

Currently 30* here in the AVL. I must drive south this morning to find a touch warmer temps to golf in. 

Many will travel many miles home to be with family for Thanksgiving. Most will have 4 days off this week to enjoy togetherness with loved ones. And then there are those of us in the service industry. I will be working tomorrow straight through the week. It's ok because I am used to making other's holiday's bright.

So today is my only chance for some golf this week. I will bundle up and head to Tryon. It's to be 51* and sunny there with 10-15 mph winds. Doable.

What confidence level do I have for today's round you ask? It isn't about confidence today. Nope following my last round's score in the upper 80's today is all about REDEMPTION.  Golf in the cold is different and more difficult, but it is still golf and it still is a great time.

Lindsay Land here I come.

Safe travels, layer up, and have fun...don't focus on your overall score and enjoy the small steps you take to get there!

Image result for zen yoda

• Like 2

2 hours ago, touch said:

* Remember to make a pick(either side or total) in each of the 3 Thanksgiving Day games in addition to 3 other picks for the week. 

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Thanksgiving Day

Chicago -3 1/2                     at             Detroit                     42

Las Vegas                             at            Dallas -7                   51

Buffalo -4 1/2                       at            New Orleans            46 1/2

Sunday

Tenn                                    at            New England -5 1/2   44 1/2

NY Jets                               at            Houston -3                 44

Philly -3 1/2                        at             NY Giants                   46

Tampa -2 1/2                      at             Indy                             51

Atlanta -1                            at           Jacksonville                 46 1/2

Carolina -2                          at           Miami                           42 1/2

Pittsburgh                           at           Cincy -3 1/2                 45 1/2

Minnesota                          at            San Fran -3                 48 1/2

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Seattle-1                          at               Washington                 46

Thanksgiving Day

Detroit +3 1/2 
Las Vegas / Dallas OV 51
Buffalo -4 1/2

Carolina / Miami OV 42 1/2
Minnesota / San Fran OV 48 1/2
LA Rams / OV 48

Standings up in more than a few

Q's Quote of the Day  "Who gives a rats butt about the top tier, the bottom tier is turning into a barnburner. 

barn-burning-scott-washburn.jpg

• Haha 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 hours ago, touch said:

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Thanksgiving Day

Sunday

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Without further ado, I will pick:

Chicago against the best winless team in the history of the NFL and give the points.

I see a pre-facelift type game from the Boys.  They stink, but so do the Raiders, its a reach, but I see the Cowboys winning by more than 7... I have no idea why.

Buffalo is on the ropes, but when you need the magic elixir, the snake oil, so what kind of guru are you?  Buffalo and giving the points please.

• Like 1

STANDINGS WK. 11            %                WK. 11          LAST 2 WKS.

P48            26-14                  65.5                    2-1                         4-3

NCL            25-15                  62.5                    3-1                         4-4

P3P            26-17                   60.47                 2-2                        5-3

DOC           20-17                  54.05                  1-2                        5-2

Q                 23-23                   500                    4-1                         5-4

CH              21-22-3              48.84                  3-1                         6-1

G-1             16-21-1               43.24                  3-3                        3-9

LP               15-20-1              42.86                   4-0                        6-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Early picks for me. Change is possible. Let 'em roll. 

Chic./Det             over 42

Dallas                       -7

Buff./N.O.            under 46.5

Houston                  -3

Philly                       -3.5

Miami                      +2

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

5 hours ago, touch said:

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Thanksgiving Day

Sunday

Sunday Night

Monday Night

What can I say?  I am a disaster, but I keep coming back.  This week feels good to me.  We have a holiday so its a short week, and since the world is in vacation mode, I have some time when I normally wouldn't.

Let's start out on the Ohio River.  The PGH team is heading down the Ohio to the Queen City.  Joe and Ja'Mar are really coming together, and truthfully, I don't know if the backend of the Steelers will be back, but I suspect Watt will be.  The Steelers figured something out Sunday night about 45 minutes into the game.  BB plays one way, and the OC has to let him call the game, and the team will put up points.  So I am going against the grain of the Steeler D and picking the over.

I like the prime time games, you live by the sword and die by the sword.  So these are both doubled up:

Baltimore has an atrocious pass defense, and Baker is the type of player who struggles against good teams, but cleans up against bad ones.  So with this thought in my head, I see the Browns covering if not outright winning the game.  I don't know if Jackson is back, but I don't care.  Plus, he will be away from the Dog Pound.  No wonder they are booing him, they are so used to winning, this must be really tough on them... C'mon Man! The Browns have sucked since Testaverde, can anyone recall Tim Couch.  Get over yourselves, your team stinks, but they still cover.

Seattle stinks.  Washington put up a bunch of points on the Panthers last week, and using the same formula, I see them doing the same thing to the Hawks.  I see the Hawks arriving in DC and thinking WWTD?  Well, Touch would frost his tips, put on his dancing shoes, and try to coax the ladies into his web of sensitivity.  The problem is, none of the Seattle players have the Bosworth mullet so it won't be exactly WWTD, but you get the idea.  I see the WFT winning this one, and the metrosexuals

head back across country despondent and frustrated.

Have a great holiday everyone.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stand by:

I promise I have a post coming about the Washington Carolina game I was lucky enough to attend to, unfortunately for the the moment I can not upload any of the picture/video that were taken to share with ya'll. 

I will continue to try and have them uploaded along with my recap of the game. If for whatever reason I am not able to have the media uploaded then I'll at least give ya'll the written recap if nothing else. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

What can I say?  I am a disaster, but I keep coming back.  This week feels good to me.  We have a holiday so its a short week, and since the world is in vacation mode, I have some time when I normally wouldn't.

Let's start out on the Ohio River.  The PGH team is heading down the Ohio to the Queen City.  Joe and Ja'Mar are really coming together, and truthfully, I don't know if the backend of the Steelers will be back, but I suspect Watt will be.  The Steelers figured something out Sunday night about 45 minutes into the game.  BB plays one way, and the OC has to let him call the game, and the team will put up points.  So I am going against the grain of the Steeler D and picking the over.

I like the prime time games, you live by the sword and die by the sword.  So these are both doubled up:

Baltimore has an atrocious pass defense, and Baker is the type of player who struggles against good teams, but cleans up against bad ones.  So with this thought in my head, I see the Browns covering if not outright winning the game.  I don't know if Jackson is back, but I don't care.  Plus, he will be away from the Dog Pound.  No wonder they are booing him, they are so used to winning, this must be really tough on them... C'mon Man! The Browns have sucked since Testaverde, can anyone recall Tim Couch.  Get over yourselves, your team stinks, but they still cover.

Seattle stinks.  Washington put up a bunch of points on the Panthers last week, and using the same formula, I see them doing the same thing to the Hawks.  I see the Hawks arriving in DC and thinking WWTD?  Well, Touch would frost his tips, put on his dancing shoes, and try to coax the ladies into his web of sensitivity.  The problem is, none of the Seattle players have the Bosworth mullet so it won't be exactly WWTD, but you get the idea.  I see the WFT winning this one, and the metrosexuals

head back across country despondent and frustrated.

Have a great holiday everyone.

You forgot about the small white gold neck chain and diamond earrings mate.  A little jewelry back then is What Would Touch Do. 

And I sometimes changed it up. I would drop the sensitive guy angle and try just barking orders at the hotties. I had success with both approaches because I wore nice jewelry.  

😅

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Thanksgiving Day

Sunday

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Week 12 Picks

Special Edition week (pick six) 

Thanksgiving 

P48                  Detroit             LV/Dal Ovr               Buffalo 

P3P                  Chicago           Dallas                      Buffalo

Q                     Ch/Det Over     Dallas                    Buff/NO Undr

G1                    Detroit              Las Vegas             Buff/NO Undr

touch              Ch/Det Undr     Las Vegas               Buffalo 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

I went 4-0 last week and am gunning for 3 winners on Thursday. I want a 7 pack of W's to move me upwards in the standings.

Can I do it? Did I indeed find a pulse last week?   

TBD

LP's Thanksgiving Day picks.

The total in the Bears/ Lions game is the lowest out of all the games for the week. Carolina / Miami is 1/2 point higher. Vegas knows. I'll take Under 42. These two teams are often clumsy so it probably figures neither one will find the end zone often. 

First Game

Under

The second game is trickiest one I believe. Giving 7 is too steep for an unhealthy Dallas team. I'll take Sin City's Silver and Black plus a touchdown. 

Second Game

Las Vegas 

The safest play that I see out of the three games is Buffalo. Laying 4 1/2 against a Saints team with a back up QB and no Kamara should be an easy cover. Add in the Bills just got embarrassed at home big time and it's  B 4 time ...bouncing back Buffalo Bills.  

Night Game 

Buffalo 

• Like 2

Week 12 Picks

Thanksgiving 

Q                     Ch/Det Over     Dallas                    Buff/NO Undr

G1                    Detroit              Las Vegas             Buff/NO Undr

CH                   Detroit              Dallas                      New Orleans 

12 Thanksgiving Movies for Kids To Enjoy This Year

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

A most wonderful afternoon it was. I drove south to my favorite course and I found sunny and breezy 53* weather. It was a solid battle between 4 of the fivesome.

Recap tomorrow.

Did I mention in a previous post something about bouncing back?   😃 

This pic captures the magic of today's Links O' Tryon.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

The birthday present (irons) from LP to touch for his 60th have easily passed the test. I have 8 rounds on them now and all systems are go. 

Love 'em.

So PURE !!   

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Picks for the weekend.  Sunday and MNF. 

Week 12 

P48        Car/Mia Ovr                     Min/SF Ovr                        LA/GB  Ovr

P3P        Pitts/Cincy Ovr                Cleveland                              Washington

Q            Houston                           Philly                                 Miami 

G1          LA Rams                           Minnesota                        New England 

Ranking The NFL Team Logos | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and  Highlights

• Like 1

First the Lego hair and now this. Derek doesn't disappoint. I got ya Thursday Mr. Carr so please come through. 

May be an image of 2 people, beard and text that says 'Derek Carr is looking more & more like Marv from the Wet Bandits with every loss'

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

Thanksgiving 2020 Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

• Like 3

Week 12 Picks

Thanksgiving 

Q                     Ch/Det Over     Dallas                      Buff/NO Undr

G1                    Detroit              Las Vegas               Buff/NO Undr

CH                   Detroit              Dallas                      New Orleans 

NCL                Ch/Det Undr     Dallas                      Buff/NO Ovr 

Vintage Ad Archive: The Drinks Of Thanksgiving! | Alcohol Professor

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

• Like 2

15 hours ago, touch said:

The birthday present (irons) from LP to touch for his 60th have easily passed the test. I have 8 rounds on them now and all systems are go. 

Love 'em.

So PURE !!   

1123211603_HDR.jpg

d9e41ca0983cff57d16d0044bb911e14.jpg

tJJQ1dD5KzWiUxIWBsGPhyuS9CGFJoxHFdCF5a41qMc.webp

• Like 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4