2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Nike Footwear 2022 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

Boy that escalated quickly......

Here's a quick history lesson.....the Roshe was designed to be an inexpensive ($60-$80 bucks a pair) casual/minimalist shoe to mimic barefoot running.  They were so different than anything else released prior and certainly has to be a major influence on the Yeezy/Ultraboost designs........   Calling the design lazy in and of itself is actually lazy.

After a couple of colorways mimicked the Air Zeezy's  they did become a huge hype shoe.   There's a great article on complex if you google it........

They were never intended to be a performance shoe, let alone a golf shoe.  Many of us older heads agree though that the roshe tour g's are a great re-purposing of a classic silhouette.

• Like 4

IG: @sneakers_and_greens

5 hours ago, bowhite79 said:

Here's a quick history lesson.....the Roshe was designed to be an inexpensive ($60-$80 bucks a pair) casual/minimalist shoe to mimic barefoot running.  They were so different than anything else released prior and certainly has to be a major influence on the Yeezy/Ultraboost designs........   Calling the design lazy in and of itself is actually lazy.

After a couple of colorways mimicked the Air Zeezy's  they did become a huge hype shoe.   There's a great article on complex if you google it........

They were never intended to be a performance shoe, let alone a golf shoe.  Many of us older heads agree though that the roshe tour g's are a great re-purposing of a classic silhouette.

For me, its not necessarily the silhouette, its how bland the colorways of the standard golf versions silhouettes (both tour and non-tour) blended together. Some of the nrg and le’s were pretty good though ( camo and miami vice for example). the white adg4 as an example, mostly white shoe but enough design to blend well together with a dominantly white shoe. The Infinity next% white and the black ones look terrible - to me, but the white blue and pinks pair are dope. Some colorways just dont work woth the silhouette, the basic roshe g and tours are still like camry’s to me. 

• Like 1

Nikes customer service has been trash recently.  Returned a pair of dunks and still no refund 3 weeks later. They shipped me the wrong size of the jordan royals and still no reshipment of the right size.  That return has been sitting there for a week with no updates.  Garbage customer service right now.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:58 AM, bowhite79 said:

Ahhahahahaha. “Older

heads.” I was alive for the intro of the Jordan 1. 

I’m glad some love Roshes. They did swim against the tide a decade ago. To me, they’re boring and styleless. 

The golf shoe space, if you don’t want to look like you should be wearing a seersucker suit with your saddle FootJoys to court in Alabama, is a kinda sad space right now.

For waterproofness and to be super cheap, most shoes are plastic with fake details molded in — am90, codechaos, Z1, pumas, etc. Not sure I could plunk down $160 for plastic Barbie doll shoes. 360 are really nice but $200!!! (And I don’t love the new blobby style)

AM 90 is plastic junk. Infinity Next are sad compared to ZIT. the sole is a cheap plastic plate, the midsole one boring white piece, the toe and heel details look like stickers. The upper at least still is fabric with a waterproof laminate. Colors are weak. They are comfortable. A $100 shoe + $60’for the swoosh. It’s a HUGE step down in effort and style and tech from the ZIT (and those had issues!)

Infinity pro has better style details and textures. But after a while the upper seems like a plastic bag and the liner material is really rough and Cheap. Jordan 1 are cool but I can’t imagine walking 18 in them. 

They aren’t investing at all. They just rely on die hards’ money for loyalty to the swoosh and the promise of performance and style they deliver in their other sport products (but not golf).

I mean, they do zero marketing and advertising. They don’t even have a photo shoot for their products, or an intern posting on Instagram. Adidas is at least TRYING and I’ve been looking to them more in apparel

space because of it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bsoudi said:

Ahhahahahaha. “Older

I’m glad some love Roshes. They did swim against the tide a decade ago. To me, they’re boring and styleless. 

The golf shoe space, if you don’t want to look like you should be wearing a seersucker suit with your saddle FootJoys to court in Alabama, is a kinda sad space right now.

For waterproofness and to be super cheap, most shoes are plastic with fake details molded in — am90, codechaos, Z1, pumas, etc. Not sure I could plunk down $160 for plastic Barbie doll shoes. 360 are really nice but $200!!! (And I don’t love the new blobby style)

AM 90 is plastic junk. Infinity Next are sad compared to ZIT. the sole is a cheap plastic plate, the midsole one boring white piece, the toe and heel details look like stickers. The upper at least still is fabric with a waterproof laminate. Colors are weak. They are comfortable. A $100 shoe + $60’for the swoosh. It’s a HUGE step down in effort and style and tech from the ZIT (and those had issues!)

Infinity pro has better style details and textures. But after a while the upper seems like a plastic bag and the liner material is really rough and Cheap. Jordan 1 are cool but I can’t imagine walking 18 in them. 

They aren’t investing at all. They just rely on die hards’ money for loyalty to the swoosh and the promise of performance and style they deliver in their other sport products (but not golf).

I mean, they do zero marketing and advertising. They don’t even have a photo shoot for their products, or an intern posting on Instagram. Adidas is at least TRYING and I’ve been looking to them more in apparel

space because of it. 

So you wear adidas? What else?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JMH1220 said:

So you wear adidas? What else?

CURRENT GAMERS:

Next% 22
infinity pro 22

Others

Still have a pair of incredible adipure from a while ago. Nike never made anything as good. 
360 black 2017

2 pair ZIT

Adidas ultimate shorts are awesome

nike, adidas, Travis Mathew polos

I picked up the adidas flopshots over the weekend and I must say I was impressed they are super comfortable and simple. Always been a nike loyalist but I must agree over the last couple of years there styles have been bland and leaning toward sole swapping rather than performance. Not to mention the fitment issues that nike has is crazy. Personally I loved the roshe tour g and i have about 3 pairs that I rotate, imo it was the best shoe for the money. 

https://www.adidas.com/us/flopshot-spikeless-golf-shoes/GV9668.html

On 9/17/2022 at 6:07 PM, bsoudi said:

Ahhahahahaha. “Older

space because of it. 

me too......I feel I've obtained the age to use that moniker

IG: @sneakers_and_greens

I found a pair of running shoes that I wish to goodness were made as spikes. Infinity run react flynit2 …. Huge cushion and large arch support.    Most comfort I’ve found in a shoe in ages.  And a 13 is big enough.  Roomy toe box.   But every golf shoe I buy is a size small and has concrete for a sole.  Why ?  Am I missing a model that’s similar ?  

• Like 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

46 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I found a pair of running shoes that I wish to goodness were made as spikes. Infinity run react flynit2 …. Huge cushion and large arch support.    Most comfort I’ve found in a shoe in ages.  And a 13 is big enough.  Roomy toe box.   But every golf shoe I buy is a size small and has concrete for a sole.  Why ?  Am I missing a model that’s similar ?  

That is my favorite casual shoe to wear.  I have 4 pair.  The infinity NEXT % is the closest in comfort to that shoe, imo. 

• Thanks 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

That is my favorite casual shoe to wear.  I have 4 pair.  The infinity NEXT % is the closest in comfort to that shoe, imo. 

It’s so good.  For some reason it just feels like it helps my posture , foot shape etc all at once.  Thanks for the recommendation 

• Like 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 9/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, bladehunter said:

The invincible is even better

• Thanks 1

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

9 minutes ago, ScottyRo said:

what in tarnation...Nike Japan

spacer.png

Assuming that is the all weather "boot." The 270g Shields that came out either last year or the year before go for 700-800 dollars now (depending on size). I should have never worn mine 😂. Though that edition looked better than these in my opinion. 

Edited by mci711

30 minutes ago, mci711 said:

Assuming that is the all weather "boot." The 270g Shields that came out either last year or the year before go for 700-800 dollars now (depending on size). I should have never worn mine 😂. Though that edition looked better than these in my opinion. 

True. I got the Rattan colored ones and honestly the ankles bothered me so they are just sitting on a shelf now. Plus who is actually going to play in weather requiring these type of shoes as the course will prob be closed. 

These don't look bad, but again I question when you could actually use these

11 minutes ago, ScottyRo said:

True. I got the Rattan colored ones and honestly the ankles bothered me so they are just sitting on a shelf now. Plus who is actually going to play in weather requiring these type of shoes as the course will prob be closed. 

These don't look bad, but again I question when you could actually use these

dont know where youre from, but the good golf season here is maybe 5 months. Add in two or 3 for questionable hit or miss type of days. And the other 4 or so can be cold and dreary where these type of shoes/boots come in handy. I rock the vapor storm ( have two pairs) almost exclusively come november. 

i havent had the pleasure of playing in famous bandon dune conditions in the late fall/winter but stories I’ve heard that would make these shoes “must have” equipment - and it isnt THAT cold, just sideways rain in 30mph winds. 😂 

that being said, if the bubble popping issues work themselves out, i certainly will have a pair of these. Looks easy to clean. my normal next% are on round 8 or so and no bubble issues yet 🤞

Edited by jpdx

15 minutes ago, jpdx said:

dont know where youre from, but the good golf season here is maybe 5 months. Add in two or 3 for questionable hit or miss type of days. And the other 4 or so can be cold and dreary where these type of shoes/boots come in handy. I rock the vapor storm ( have two pairs) almost exclusively come november. 

i havent had the pleasure of playing in famous bandon dune conditions in the late fall/winter but stories I’ve heard that would make these shoes “must have” equipment - and it isnt THAT cold, just sideways rain in 30mph winds. 😂 

that being said, if the bubble popping issues work themselves out, i certainly will have a pair of these. Looks easy to clean. my normal next% are on round 8 or so and no bubble issues yet 🤞

I'm in Denver..."city by the bay"....and we don't really get to play here during rain / wintery conditions. 

8 minutes ago, ScottyRo said:

I'm in Denver..."city by the bay"....and we don't really get to play here during rain / wintery conditions. 

My buddy recently moved from westminster and you guys have very (if any) limited options in the rain/winter for sure. 

trust when i say in here in oregon, these types of shoes come in handy for sure. 

• Like 2