ZX5 Question (Thinking about Switching to ZX7)

Bsudgolf

Well not so sure I'm gonna get to change my order. They told me other day that it would be 2 weeks to ship out. This morning I called to change order. He said he would do his best to get it changed and they would email me and let me know. Well I just get fed ex notification that my clubs has been picked up. I haven't heard anything if the got changed or not! Today's  shipping is a long way from 2 weeks.  Oh well either way I'm getting a Split Set or I'm getting all ZX5. 

14 hours ago, Bsudgolf said:

Well not so sure I'm gonna get to change my order. They told me other day that it would be 2 weeks to ship out. This morning I called to change order. He said he would do his best to get it changed and they would email me and let me know. Well I just get fed ex notification that my clubs has been picked up. I haven't heard anything if the got changed or not! Today's  shipping is a long way from 2 weeks.  Oh well either way I'm getting a Split Set or I'm getting all ZX5. 

In my experience from ordering from Srixon, if you didn’t get confirmation of the change being made then it was probably too late to make the change.

Their customer service is excellent though, and if you really wanted to return any of the ZX5’s and swap them for ZX7’s, I’m sure they would do their best to make it happen.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll love them either way!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

15 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

In my experience from ordering from Srixon, if you didn’t get confirmation of the change being made then it was probably too late to make the change.

Their customer service is excellent though, and if you really wanted to return any of the ZX5’s and swap them for ZX7’s, I’m sure they would do their best to make it happen.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll love them either way!

I didn't order them straight from srixon. I ordered them through a golf club. Who is supposed to let me know if they got it changed. But the clubs has now been picked up by the carrier so heck I don't know what I'm getting. But yes either way whatever set comes will not be a bad decision 

33 minutes ago, Bsudgolf said:

I was informed this morning that they wasn't able to change them as they have already shipped out (Shipped next day after telling me 2 weeks). So I will be getting the full 5-PW in the ZX5. 

Assuming you like the shafts, you won't be disappointed in the ZX5's.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Project X Evenflow Green 55 R shaft Fairway woods: Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 wood Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-AW, Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 and 58 degree Putter: mySpider X

3 hours ago, Bsudgolf said:

I was informed this morning that they wasn't able to change them as they have already shipped out (Shipped next day after telling me 2 weeks). So I will be getting the full 5-PW in the ZX5. 

Figured. Enjoy…hopefully they’ll be a great fit for you!

The Modus3 Tour 120’s are very smooth, and the feel and control in them has been fantastic in my experience (had them in Z785, ZX5, and ZX7 irons…great shafts)!

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Both are outstanding irons, and it probably comes down to confidence at address for most players. The ZX7 certainly isn't that intimidating at all. 

The biggest difference I have noticed overall is the ZX5 is a higher spin head compared to the ZX7 for the vast majority of people testing them. 

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

39 minutes ago, seth514 said:

Both are outstanding irons, and it probably comes down to confidence at address for most players. The ZX7 certainly isn't that intimidating at all. 

The biggest difference I have noticed overall is the ZX5 is a higher spin head compared to the ZX7 for the vast majority of people testing them. 

Really? I was under the impression the ZX 7 was the higher spin model of the two. Partly due to the weaker lofts obviously along with other factors, head design etc. I always thought the stronger, more forgiving models tend to produce higher ball speeds and lower spin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

16 minutes ago, kiwihacker said:

Really? I was under the impression the ZX 7 was the higher spin model of the two. Partly due to the weaker lofts obviously along with other factors, head design etc. I always thought the stronger, more forgiving models tend to produce higher ball speeds and lower spin. 

That is correct the ZX7 has a higher spin rate

On 12/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, kiwihacker said:

Loft or loft, I mean. If you have both at 28*, for example, we are seeing more spin with Zx5 typically. But not always. 

Of course, weaker lofts will spin more. That is not what I initially was referring to. 

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

On 12/9/2021 at 11:41 AM, Bsudgolf said:

I"m a high ball hitter and playing the ZX5s... I'm a little confused why you think stronger lofts will be bad, though... I guess if you ware worried they launch the ball higher due to the design... 

I love mine and have no issues with the launch... it's really freaking high, but that's more a factor of my swing than the irons... I hit like 5 ZX7s and immediately ordered the 5s... 

Hope they work for you!

• Like 3

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

20 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

I"m a high ball hitter and playing the ZX5s... I'm a little confused why you think stronger lofts will be bad, though... I guess if you ware worried they launch the ball higher due to the design... 

I love mine and have no issues with the launch... it's really freaking high, but that's more a factor of my swing than the irons... I hit like 5 ZX7s and immediately ordered the 5s... 

Hope they work for you!

Actually it was me being backwards and thinking the 5's was the higher spinning club which it's not the 7's are the higher spinning. Haven't gotten a chance to hit them yet as I'm waiting to be cleared (Hopefully next Thurs) by Dr from recent foot surgery. I think I'm really gonna love these ZX5’S!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bsudgolf said:

Actually it was me being backwards and thinking the 5's was the higher spinning club which it's not the 7's are the higher spinning. Haven't gotten a chance to hit them yet as I'm waiting to be cleared (Hopefully next Thurs) by Dr from recent foot surgery. I think I'm really gonna love these ZX5’S!

I think you will too. I love mine! 

• Like 1

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

13 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Hope they work for you!

what didnt u like about the zx7

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

24 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

what didnt u like about the zx7

Dispersion was noticeably worse in 5 swings... I had a couple mishits with the 5 that went approxmately where I was aiming... one mishit with the 7 was WAY off... not a huge sample size, but I liked the 5s, my launch numbers looked good with them, and so I pulled the trigger.

They replaced CMBs. I don't switch clubs a ton, and had grand plans to try everything before I bought... Hit the ZX5s and ordered them (I had tried the TMs and hated them)

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

thx for the info, only tried the zx5 so far and very impressed. Waiting to compare to the zx7

• 3 weeks later...

best way to start the new year is with new clubs that work

I posted this in the ZX long iron thread. 

Played with my new Srixon combo set.  This past year I played all ZX7 with LA golf 105S shafts. The combo was 4-6 ZX5 and 7-pw ZX7 with same LA golf 105S shafts except in black as white isn’t made anymore. First off as others have said, one cannot see the wider ZX5 irons at address. My 5 and 6 ZX5 were weakened by 1 degree to match the lofts of my ZX7 iron set. Ball flight for long irons was the same height for me and same distance but let me tell you dispersion was so much tighter. If you’re a person who likes to curve the ball a lot then the ZX5 may not be good for you as it takes a lot to curve the ball. For me I play a 3-5 yard cut shot and with the ZX5 long irons the balls went basically straight. Stopping power in the green was good for me but I generally hit a high ball. 6 iron for me is like 110 feet. I’m not long and the ZX5 6 iron with 1 degree weaker loft went the same yardage as my ZX7 at 170 yards. The long irons don’t feel clicky at all and felt the same as my ZX7. Not sure what else people are interested to know but I’ll be playing the combo set in 2022 and have my ZX7 as a backup or travel set. 

B84DBF26-4A29-4633-9C3D-4B132F9FF71A.jpeg

• Like 2

My daughter (div 1 golfer) got fitted into a blended Srixon set this year (coming from P790s).  She liked the 790s but found gapping and control in the lower irons inconsistent.  She ended up in Z-forged p-8, ZX7 7-6, and ZX5 5-4.  She absolutely loves them and says they blend seemlessly.  There were no loft adjustments and her gaps are bang on. Based on that I'd say play ZX5 as far down as you like and try the ZX7 when you feel distance control/spin control becomes an issue on the course.

What is interesting for her is she likes the ZX7/5 a lot, but the Z-forged in the shorter irons have been a revelation for her. She says her shot making from 150 in has noticeably improved and has made a significant (positive) impact on her game. 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 1:50 PM, gsrjc said:

I posted this in the ZX long iron thread. 

Played with my new Srixon combo set.  This past year I played all ZX7 with LA golf 105S shafts. The combo was 4-6 ZX5 and 7-pw ZX7 with same LA golf 105S shafts except in black as white isn’t made anymore. First off as others have said, one cannot see the wider ZX5 irons at address. My 5 and 6 ZX5 were weakened by 1 degree to match the lofts of my ZX7 iron set. Ball flight for long irons was the same height for me and same distance but let me tell you dispersion was so much tighter. If you’re a person who likes to curve the ball a lot then the ZX5 may not be good for you as it takes a lot to curve the ball. For me I play a 3-5 yard cut shot and with the ZX5 long irons the balls went basically straight. Stopping power in the green was good for me but I generally hit a high ball. 6 iron for me is like 110 feet. I’m not long and the ZX5 6 iron with 1 degree weaker loft went the same yardage as my ZX7 at 170 yards. The long irons don’t feel clicky at all and felt the same as my ZX7. Not sure what else people are interested to know but I’ll be playing the combo set in 2022 and have my ZX7 as a backup or travel set. 

B84DBF26-4A29-4633-9C3D-4B132F9FF71A.jpeg

Are the shafts from the set on the right significantly longer, or is that just the camera angle?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

14 minutes ago, vman said:

They're on steps/stairs.

Oh...Lol!! Didn’t notice that...was wondering why you were jumping to way longer shafts!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, byerxa said:

My daughter (div 1 golfer) got fitted into a blended Srixon set this year (coming from P790s).  She liked the 790s but found gapping and control in the lower irons inconsistent.  She ended up in Z-forged p-8, ZX7 7-6, and ZX5 5-4.  She absolutely loves them and says they blend seemlessly.  There were no loft adjustments and her gaps are bang on. Based on that I'd say play ZX5 as far down as you like and try the ZX7 when you feel distance control/spin control becomes an issue on the course.

What is interesting for her is she likes the ZX7/5 a lot, but the Z-forged in the shorter irons have been a revelation for her. She says her shot making from 150 in has noticeably improved and has made a significant (positive) impact on her game. 

Sounds like a killer set.  Curious...what shafts did she end up playing?  Would you mind giving us the rest of her WITB and driver SS?  

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Are the shafts from the set on the right significantly longer, or is that just the camera angle?

There’s a step that’s difficult to see. But I thought the same thing based upon the location of the LA golf emblem so I measured them. They are the same length. I think LA golf changed the design of the shafts. They no longer make the white ones. 

• Like 1

Just found this thread. Switched from the Z765s to the ZX5s last beginning of the last season. Haven’t looked back. 
I played a lot of golf this past year and obviously this was the likely cause, but I have dropped below a 10 for the most part of the past season. 
The irons have been great.  I’m not sure why I would replace them with the 7s, as they do exactly what I want from them.   

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"