PXG delivery times and customer service excellent experience

bopper53

How fast is PXG when it comes to shipping? They can bend time and space! My clubs are on a truck at 9:57am --and it's only 8:16 here

Detailed Shipment Info

12/16/2021 9:57:00 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

3 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

How fast is PXG when it comes to shipping? They can bend time and space! My clubs are on a truck at 9:57am --and it's only 8:16 here

Detailed Shipment Info

12/16/2021 9:57:00 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Lol it’s almost as if they’re located in a different time zone. Oh wait….

Edited by john myrbch
  • Haha 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

The CS folks at PXG have been great and the two orders I placed shipped quickly. As many have previously stated in other PXG threads, the primary issue is who they use to deliver the orders. FedEx is horrible. I reached out to PXG to see if there was another option when placing orders and they said no.

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

1 hour ago, pdxhak said:

The CS folks at PXG have been great and the two orders I placed shipped quickly. As many have previously stated in other PXG threads, the primary issue is who they use to deliver the orders. FedEx is horrible. I reached out to PXG to see if there was another option when placing orders and they said no.

Fedex is about as good as it gets.  UPS blows.  I've had so many items damaged by UPS I can't count them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripken08 said:

Fedex is about as good as it gets.  UPS blows.  I've had so many items damaged by UPS I can't count them all.

I doubt many will agree FedEx is as good as it gets. They are horrible.  

• Like 3

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I've had a mixed experience with PXG.

The good. I ordered a full bag of Gen 4 clubs in early November. The order was built and shipped in 2 days and delivered to Canada about one week after ordering. I've also really liked the clubs so far.

The bad. After a few sessions on GC Quad, it was obvious that a fairway wood and hybrid I'd been fitted for had almost identical carry distances. I reached out to explain this and said I'd like to return one of the clubs and get the same club with a different loft to fix the yardage issue. Per their return policy, I was expecting to pay a 15% restocking fee on the club and receive the replacement. I ended up getting a total run-around. They said they don't do exchanges, only returns, and they'd have to figure out what the value of the club was since it was part of the full bag deal, etc. They made it seem like this was the first time this had ever happened. In the end, after a couple of weeks of communication, they agreed to let me send back the club and receive an 85% refund at full retail value, and then purchase the replacement club at full retail value. It's ultimately costing me quite a bit more than 15% of what the club cost as part of the full bag promotion. It's not a significant amount of money. However, after spending $5000 on clubs, I thought the customer service experience was awful, and I was being nickel'd and dime'd on what seemed like a reasonable request. Oh, and to add just a bit more to the story, despite everyone posting about the speed of their PXG orders (including me with my initial order), it's now been two weeks since the order for the single replacement club was placed with no movement.

All in all, I think the PXG clubs are great. I absolutely love the irons. However, my post-sale customer service experience really took the shine off a set that I was very excited about. I'm not sure if I'd buy from them again.

Edited by thesloth
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, thesloth said:

The good. I ordered a full bag of Gen 4 clubs in early November. The order was built and shipped in 2 days and delivered to Canada about one week after ordering. I've also really liked the clubs so far.

The bad. After a few sessions on GC Quad, it was obvious that a fairway wood and hybrid I'd been fitted for had almost identical carry distances. I reached out to explain this and said I'd like to return one of the clubs and get the same club with a different loft to fix the yardage issue. Per their return policy, I was expecting to pay a 15% restocking fee on the club and receive the replacement. I ended up getting a total run-around. They said they don't do exchanges, only returns, and they'd have to figure out what the value of the club was since it was part of the full bag deal, etc. They made it seem like this was the first time this had ever happened. In the end, after a couple of weeks of communication, they agreed to let me send back the club and receive an 85% refund at full retail value, and then purchase the replacement club at full retail value. It's ultimately costing me quite a bit more than 15% of what the club cost as part of the full bag promotion. It's not a significant amount of money. However, after spending $5000 on clubs, I thought the customer service experience was awful, and I was being nickel'd and dime'd on what seemed like a reasonable request. Oh, and to add just a bit more to the story, despite everyone posting about the speed of their PXG orders (including me with my initial order), it's now been two weeks since the order for the single replacement club was placed with no movement.

All in all, I think the PXG clubs are great. I absolutely love the irons. However, my post-sale customer service experience with me really took the shine off a set that I was very excited about. I'm not sure if I'd buy from them again.

Perhaps posting your story here will get you some resolution.  I hope so.

I ordered some 0211DC Wednesday late afternoon.  I got the notification they shipped today (Friday) at about 11am.  

• Like 2

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

Ordered a Gen 4 0811X driver Sunday morning.  It is now in the hands of FedEx... so, I may see it tomorrow, or never.  May the odds be ever in your favor.

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

6 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

Perhaps posting your story here will get you some resolution.  I hope so.

That would be nice. It's now been a month now since I asked them to exchange the club and still no movement on my club being built. It may not be reality, but it's hard not to feel like my club build hasn't been kicked to the bottom of the queue since it's not a "new purchase". 

I've always found that most businesses can do a decent job of customer service leading up to a sale. The ones that I go back to repeatedly, and have the most praise for, are those that resolve after-sales issues smoothly and without issue. Companies like Costco and Lululemon have always stood out to me as prime examples of this.

43 minutes ago, thesloth said:

That would be nice. It's now been a month now since I asked them to exchange the club and still no movement on my club being built. It may not be reality, but it's hard not to feel like my club build hasn't been kicked to the bottom of the queue since it's not a "new purchase". 

I've always found that most businesses can do a decent job of customer service leading up to a sale. The ones that I go back to repeatedly, and have the most praise for, are those that resolve after-sales issues smoothly and without issue. Companies like Costco and Lululemon have always stood out to me as prime examples of this.

You are so right, after-sale customer service is hard to find.  I've been fortunate that I haven't had to go back after the sale.  Kind of reminds me of car dealerships... I've had great service from Audi, but not so much from GMC.  And unbelievably, I stopped buying Toyotas because of an issue with wind noise and they refused to fix the weather stripping.

Yeah the after sale service leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you buy them from a local PXG facility.  I think they purposely make it a PITA to return clubs.  

If you’re wanting to upgrade or replace clubs you just bought there, you can’t simply bring them in and get a refund (minus 15% restock fee) or apply the proceeds towards a new purchase.  You have to wait for them to contact hq for an ra#, ship the clubs back on your own,  then wait at least two weeks for the refund to show up.  On top of that you must pay another full charge for the new clubs in the interim so in essence you’re out two full charges until the refund arrives.  Not exactly efficient nor consumer friendly.

I can understand if you bought the clubs online but why make a customer jump through hoops when a local store should be able to process a simple transaction?

I do have to add this is a corporate policy and the staff was as helpful as they could be given their limited capabilities.

Edited by Frisco Kid

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

On 12/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, pdxhak said:

My clubs were built three days after an online order. Of course, they are being shipped FedEx ground and that will be the proverbial fly in the ointment. They are indeed the wrost delivery service by far in our area. The clubs sat for two days without any movement to start off. They will not use the correct town address, we share a zip code with several others, and it always screws up getting a package to me without issues. Their system defaults to a town 7 miles away with similar street names and there is no way to fix that with them. UPS and USPS are ten times better around here.

20 hours ago, subrew said:

I ordered some 0211DC Wednesday late afternoon.  I got the notification they shipped today (Friday) at about 11am.  

FYI, yesterday I also received an email from the Norcal PXG Territory Sales Leader, giving me contact info and offers for fittings at different locations etc.  to dial in my new set of irons.  

On 12/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, thesloth said:

All in all, I think the PXG clubs are great. I absolutely love the irons. However, my post-sale customer service experience really took the shine off a set that I was very excited about. I'm not sure if I'd buy from them again.

I’m curious what you were expecting them to do?

Were you looking to get the new club free after hitting the one you originally ordered? I’m not sure any other OEM would’ve done better than PXG did, although to be fair, I think Callaway might offer a full credit within 30 days if you order directly from them.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

12 hours ago, Frisco Kid said:

Yeah the after sale service leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you buy them from a local PXG facility.  I think they purposely make it a PITA to return clubs.  

If you’re wanting to upgrade or replace clubs you just bought there, you can’t simply bring them in and get a refund (minus 15% restock fee) or apply the proceeds towards a new purchase.  You have to wait for them to contact hq for an ra#, ship the clubs back on your own,  then wait at least two weeks for the refund to show up.  On top of that you must pay another full charge for the new clubs in the interim so in essence you’re out two full charges until the refund arrives.  Not exactly efficient nor consumer friendly.

I can understand if you bought the clubs online but why make a customer jump through hoops when a local store should be able to process a simple transaction?

I do have to add this is a corporate policy and the staff was as helpful as they could be given their limited capabilities.

This seems like a legitimate complaint. I don’t see a reason why one of their stores can’t handle a return the way you suggest.

I don’t have a PXG store near me, so I’ve only dealt with their website. 
I’d be very frustrated with them also if I had bought in store.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Ordered the 0811 X on the 13th came today by FedEx . My favorite mode of delivery 

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, subrew said:

Damn that’s fast!  I placed an order Wednesday as well and the only thing I’ve received is an order confirmation.  
Not even in pick /build stage.

Did you go with stock l/l/l?  I ordered mine with Cypher shafts, .5 short and 2 flat…wonder if that will add to the build time?

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

1 hour ago, Frisco Kid said:

Damn that’s fast!  I placed an order Wednesday as well and the only thing I’ve received is an order confirmation.  

Did you go with stock l/l/l?  I ordered mine with Cypher shafts, .5 short and 2 flat…wonder if that will add to the build time?

My most recent order went from “confirmation” to “shipped” without showing the “build” cycle.  But, they still were built and shipped in the time expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frisco Kid said:

Cypher shafts, .25" longer, 2 up on the 7-P with stock loft, and +1 loft on the Gap.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, subrew said:

Cypher shafts, .25" longer, 2 up on the 7-P with stock loft, and +1 loft on the Gap.    

Hmmm, basically the same components and amount of work I requested for mine although I got 9 vs 5 clubs.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

17 hours ago, Frisco Kid said:

Frisco - why did you go with the Cypher shaft as opposed to the MMT?  Just curious as I am getting ready to order and trying to decide between the Cypher and MMT shaft in senior flex.

1 hour ago, jjfcpa said:

Frisco - why did you go with the Cypher shaft as opposed to the MMT?  Just curious as I am getting ready to order and trying to decide between the Cypher and MMT shaft in senior flex.

I liked the MMTs but the Cyphers simply performed better for me…better feel, distance, height and carry.  The Cyphers are specifically designed for slower more deliberate swings like mine and I definitely saw the results.

• Like 1

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

On 12/18/2021 at 12:07 PM, john myrbch said:

I’m curious what you were expecting them to do?

Were you looking to get the new club free after hitting the one you originally ordered? I’m not sure any other OEM would’ve done better than PXG did, although to be fair, I think Callaway might offer a full credit within 30 days if you order directly from them.

I think you might have misread what I originally wrote. I was hoping that they would allow me to return the 7 wood and pay a 15% restocking fee, as is their written policy. I would then order the 5 wood at the same cost that I bought the 7 wood for. Effectively, I was asking to exchange the 7 wood for a 5 wood, and pay their stated 15% restocking fee. I didn't ask for any special treatment. They've managed to turn what I think was a very simple request that follows their own policies, into a complicated mess, that's dragged out over more than a month, and has required probably a dozen or more back and forth emails. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frisco Kid said:

I liked the MMTs but the Cyphers simply performed better for me…better feel, distance, height and carry.  The Cyphers are specifically designed for slower more deliberate swings like mine and I definitely saw the results.

Which shaft generated more spin?  I could use some extra spin.  Also, did they Cyphers feel lighter to you?  As a senior golfer, I could probably go with the lighter weight shaft.

1 hour ago, jjfcpa said:

1 hour ago, jjfcpa said:

Which shaft generated more spin?  I could use some extra spin.  Also, did they Cyphers feel lighter to you?  As a senior golfer, I could probably go with the lighter weight shaft.

Iiirc, tad more spin with Cypher. I went with 50 5.0 vs MMT 60 so I believe it’s intrinsically lighter.  The MMT is a really good shaft, but I don’t think there’s a better shaft for slow deliberate tempos than the Cypher.

Edited by Frisco Kid

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

1 hour ago, jjfcpa said:

This is just a guess, but, I imagine the soft tip would generate more spin.  It seems most of the literature says designed for high trajectory and high spin.  I know stable center and soft tip just doesn’t work for me.  

The MMT shaft has been a dream for me.

11 minutes ago, Soccerrick10 said:

This is just a guess, but, I imagine the soft tip would generate more spin.  It seems most of the literature says designed for high trajectory and high spin.  I know stable center and soft tip just doesn’t work for me.  

The MMT shaft has been a dream for me.

I agree the MMT shaft has been perfect for me. So much better feel than the Steelfibers to me.

I order a 3 wood with the Diamana White and I got the shipped email today on Sunday, PXG doing work !

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

I’d have been happy with the MMT, they would look even better in my black bag but I couldn’t argue the results and feel. I had never even heard of the Cypher until then/. I understand they were an up charge shaft at one time?

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag