2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Cabot Citrus Farms

18 minutes ago, StudentGolfer4 said:

Slightly off topic: Does anyone know if Keiser is still involved with the Cabot properties? Or maybe it just depends on which one. I know Cowan Dewar is CEO of Cabot but still see Keisers name a lot with Cabot Revelstoke and did with the original Cabot. But I don’t see it associated with Cabot Highlands or Citrus Farms. 

AFAIK Keiser is still an investor in Cabot.

Cowan Dewar runs the show, but Cabot, Bandon, and Sand Valley are all affiliated through the Dream Golf Resorts brand which links all of the Keiser affiliated properties.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

13 hours ago, ChrisATL said:

And let us know what they say....🤣

I'm headed there end of March and are on a wiating list for a cabin should any be completed. They believe there is a chance there will be some ready by this point. We booked a local hotel in case. Would imagine cabins available sometime in the spring.

9 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Mike Keiser is not involved in Cabot Citrus. He passed on being involved in that.

As best I understand things Keiser was heavily involved in the original Cabot, but since then has largely stepped back from the other Cabot properties, which have been largely funded by real estate investment groups

Bandon Dunes: Mike Keiser/Sons

Cabot: Cowan Dewar + Mike Keiser

Sand Valley: Keiser Sons

Cabot St Lucia: Cowan Dewar + Mike Keiser (minority investor) + other investors

Cabot Citrus Farms: Cowan Dewar + other

Cabot Highlands: Cowan Dewar + other

Rodeo Dunes: Keiser family

7 minutes ago, Philfil said:

There will units ready by the end of the month (February). 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Driver: Callaway Paradym 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged TEC 4-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw Plasma 50, 54 & 58

Putter:  Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Local advice…. PLAY “THE SQUEEZE”. 

It’s a 10 hole, short course, beaut! Not a dud hole on the course, and the greens are excellent. 

Here’s most of the course, tee boxes, and some fairway/green shots - I exceeded the image limit and couldn’t post the rest, and the images might be out of order for some reason. 

IMG_5205.jpeg.9a164ed71a359779359240f4272f133d.jpegIMG_5206.jpeg.6e8a97a84e16c87026afb0b01ea8e7f1.jpegIMG_5207.jpeg.1b5425c60cd1261afc2dda5b3a813675.jpegIMG_5210.jpeg.0c2aaeb42a7bd6ccb03ecfb62d0b4ef4.jpegIMG_5211.jpeg.25ecb45e6598786750bffa7feacfa564.jpegIMG_5212.jpeg.e622f89aeba8bc64580c158d508457b8.jpegIMG_5213.jpeg.59a85e33ae5ee907fdfc59729967edc0.jpegIMG_5215.jpeg.7af81ce01a4b910e4460ca8233e5c77a.jpegIMG_5216.jpeg.11e3d4fd22d42a43a0c36177fb76458a.jpegIMG_5218.jpeg.a69573b326d143bcc71bd23d9be4bf97.jpegIMG_5223.jpeg.dd450ceb19be84c89ba8f7ea31baef5d.jpegIMG_5221.jpeg.29c63276473650f69b260c243f3a2cd6.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StudentGolfer4 said:

Cabot Cliffs is 400 day guest and 315 resort guests. Given the location there’s no reason to think they won’t be at least that much. Could be more. Streamsong is 420 non resort guest and 320 for those staying on property 

Save money and go in the shoulder season it’s worth every penny!

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Woods: Taylormade Sim 3 & 5 Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Irons: Srixon Zx5(4-6)  Shaft: Nippon Modus Tour 105 

Srixon Zx7(7-PW) Shaft Nippon Modus Tour 105

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 50, 54 and 58 Mid Shafts Project X Catalyst 100

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Shaft: L.A.B Golf x TPT

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

Rangefinder:  Mileseey PFS2 Premium

Bag: Vessel VLS Lux Stand Bag

Can’t understand the complaints , it’s new, I’ve never played a bad course…some are just better than others.  I played world woods a few years ago, great,  I’m sure the new version is excellent, may never get there, but if I do I’m sure it’ll be a good day.

Too much for you? Well, the grass wasn’t  good,  so it’s a c***py course.  Really?

Just don’t go.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, sabram said:

Neither of us mentioned the prices of the items sold in the pro shop as shown in your pix. Yikes!. I did spring for a $40 hat😎

Did you save your water bottle😁 (I did)

I did keep my bottle, but I’ll be back many, many times - so it’ll find its way to the recycling bin next week. 

22 hours ago, doctor220 said:

Pricey? How much were headcovers ? Love the pics, looks great!!!

Headcovers are $95ish for the Dormie driver covers (upper level in image) and $120ish for the Seamus fairway covers (lower level in image).  

I bought a $40 American Needle hat and an $80 BDraddy t-shirt…!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Played last weekend. Karoo and Squeeze twice each and the wedge once.

Thought $160 was a fair price for Karoo. Conditions exceeded expectations based on what I had read online. Squeeze at $80 was pretty good value as well. I don't think the Wedge is worth $45/player - we opted out of playing this a second time. It was fun under the lights but not overly memorable.

Cabins should be ready by end of Spring, first onsite stay was by an owner this past Saturday. They are all owned by individuals though and availability is based on what they allow. 2 bedrooms will start at $1300/night apparently

47 minutes ago, matthew.skidmore said:

Thought $160 was a fair price for Karoo. Conditions exceeded expectations based on what I had read online. Squeeze at $80 was pretty good value as well. I don't think the Wedge is worth $45/player - we opted out of playing this a second time. It was fun under the lights but not overly memorable.

Cabins should be ready by end of Spring, first onsite stay was by an owner this past Saturday. They are all owned by individuals though and availability is based on what they allow. 2 bedrooms will start at $1300/night apparently

Good lord. Even split 4 ways that is very premium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthew.skidmore said:

wow. I want to check this place out but that is getting ridiculous 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:26 PM, Philfil said:

Local advice…. PLAY “THE SQUEEZE”. 

It’s a 10 hole, short course, beaut! Not a dud hole on the course, and the greens are excellent. 

Here’s most of the course, tee boxes, and some fairway/green shots - I exceeded the image limit and couldn’t post the rest, and the images might be out of order for some reason. 

How far do you hit it off the tee with a Driver?  I'm right around 295 carry or so and found the Squeeze ate my lunch. The landing areas if you hit it that far off the tee on the shorter Par 4's I found to be brutal and some of those greens are very difficult to chip to depending on miss/pin location.  For some of the shorter holes I found them to be some of the more challenging on the property compared to Karoo.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

When I was out there I didn't see anything resembling the size of a hotel being built, just individual cabins and houses. Not sure if thats a part of the plan or not. 

If we assume the prices are similar to Cabot Links, that is ~$300 round / ~$150 replay when they get fully open. Throw in a couple hundred per night per person, and that is a very pricey golf weekend. You are looking at $2,500 easily for a 2.5 day weekend. Thats more than (or at least equal) to a Pinehurst or Streamsong. 

2 hours ago, swgolf12 said:

How far do you hit it off the tee with a Driver?  I'm right around 295 carry or so and found the Squeeze ate my lunch. The landing areas if you hit it that far off the tee on the shorter Par 4's I found to be brutal and some of those greens are very difficult to chip to depending on miss/pin location.  For some of the shorter holes I found them to be some of the more challenging on the property compared to Karoo.

I’m a little longer than you, but driver isn’t needed on the Squeeze, that’s what made it so much fun for me.  It was a nice change to be able to hit other clubs and work on shots that traditionally I’m unable to on “full length” courses.  Mainly 5,6,7 irons off of the short par 4’s leading to full 50/56/60’s into greens.  

1 hour ago, The Milkman said:

When I was out there I didn't see anything resembling the size of a hotel being built, just individual cabins and houses. Not sure if thats a part of the plan or not. 

If we assume the prices are similar to Cabot Links, that is ~$300 round / ~$150 replay when they get fully open. Throw in a couple hundred per night per person, and that is a very pricey golf weekend. You are looking at $2,500 easily for a 2.5 day weekend. Thats more than (or at least equal) to a Pinehurst or Streamsong. 

Pinehurst is closer to 3500-4000 depending on time of the year. Streamsong is more reasonable.  Cabot does this though they don't take the bandon/sand valley approach.  Lodging is privately owned for the larger houses so those people can really make it whatever they feel is best for them. St lucia is the same way until they finish the hotel. Bottom line is top quality golf now costs 3 grand for a trip. It's sad but it the new normal. At least these places are investing in the experience and giving amenities.

6 hours ago, The Milkman said:

At least it seems like you can stay somewhat close by offsite to citrus and still just play there if you think the rates are ridiculous. At Streamsong there really isn’t that option unless you want an hour drive. I paid roughly that figure above for 3 days at Streamsong. These higher end golf resorts are expensive ! 

kinda grinded my gears to pay for a pull cart at Streamsong tbh 

20 hours ago, Philfil said:

I’m a little longer than you, but driver isn’t needed on the Squeeze, that’s what made it so much fun for me.  It was a nice change to be able to hit other clubs and work on shots that traditionally I’m unable to on “full length” courses.  Mainly 5,6,7 irons off of the short par 4’s leading to full 50/56/60’s into greens.  

That was kinda what I figured out but only after playing it once, next time I get down there I'm going to try that approach.  You really need to be able to hit full shots into a lot of those greens.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

• 2 weeks later...