Vice pro plus

gs1184

On 8/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, gioreeko said:

Been playing the Pro plus fade lately, just a great ball, and so visible to my aging eyes. Some guy that got paired up with us kind of jabbed me a little for playing a colored ball, but after a few drives around 320 yards, he got intrigued. He's a ProV1 player. At the end I was 3 over par, while he was 13 over. He asked about the ball after we were done, so I gave him a new one to try out, and told him about all the color choices Vice offer, and some of the other models. Really love this ball.

Love those reactions ... you play a green ball ... I do see its way up there in the fairway 🤣🤣🤣

Do you like the fade over the Maxfli Green for visibility

To me performance is so close I'll play either but when my greenies run out I'm thinking of going fade balls exclusively

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, me05501 said:

I'm definitely willing to try the newer ones, but I'm not willing to buy 5 dozen of them to find out how they hold up.

I could always get a dozen at Target for $35 but at that price there's a lot more competition. For better or worse it seems like they've fully committed to the quantity pricing model. In my case, I see the price as appealing but the product as a bit risky. 

They sell a ton of these balls to plenty of happy customers. There's no risk, just excuses from some. Good grief! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

They sell a ton of these balls to plenty of happy customers. There's no risk, just excuses from some. Good grief! 

I had the lime from previous generation and the wear sucked, so I understand the hesitation from @me05501 to invest in 5 doz

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

4 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

There’s risk in buying anything.

Five dozen balls is about an 18-month supply for me so my “risk” would be disappointment and waste. 

• Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

11 hours ago, me05501 said:

Five dozen balls is about an 18-month supply for me so my “risk” would be disappointment and waste. 

You can always just buy one dozen to try them out and only do a bulk order if you like them and are satisfied with the durability.  I wouldn't advise doing a bulk order of any ball you haven't tried before unless the price is too good to pass up and that price (or availability) isn't going to last.

8 minutes ago, cardigan said:

You can always just buy one dozen to try them out and only do a bulk order if you like them and are satisfied with the durability.  I wouldn't advise doing a bulk order of any ball you haven't tried before unless the price is too good to pass up and that price (or availability) isn't going to last.

how, vice only sells with a 5 dozen minimum order. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Marty86 said:

how, vice only sells with a 5 dozen minimum order. 

That's news to me.  I just went to their web site, put 2 dozen balls in the cart and it let me go through the checkout process but I stopped at the point where you would have to enter credit card information.  It never said I didn't order enough to checkout.  There's also Walmart, Target, Amazon, eBay, etc.

You can definitely buy less than 5 dozen, and you can buy 1 dozen at retail via Target or Wal Mart (I think). 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

Right.

I get why they use the volume pricing strategy, but it can make it a bit confounding for the consumer. Is the Pro a $35 ball that performs like a $49 ball? Is it a $28 ball that performs like a $35 ball? 

It's impossible not to let price influence the perception of quality.

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

5 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Right.

I get why they use the volume pricing strategy, but it can make it a bit confounding for the consumer. Is the Pro a $35 ball that performs like a $49 ball? Is it a $28 ball that performs like a $35 ball? 

Maybe for you, but for a lot of people it doesn't. The quality and performance is there and has always been IMO. Some just have different expectations than others and that's fine, but the constant need to moan about it not living up to said persons expectations is ridiculous. If they sucked and didn't perform, they wouldn't have the sales they do and growing as a company as they are. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Maybe for you, but for a lot of people it doesn't. The quality and performance is there and has always been IMO. Some just have different expectations than others and that's fine, but the constant need to moan about it not living up to said persons expectations is ridiculous. If they sucked and didn't perform, they wouldn't have the sales they do and growing as a company as they are. 

Just curious...what do you think the purpose of a message board is? Is it not for sharing opinions?

I'm sharing my opinions and first-hand experience with the product being discussed. I don't have any agenda.

Seems like some others here feel like they need to defend Vice. 

These are inanimate objects. They don't need defending. 

• Thanks 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

Just curious...what do you think the purpose of a message board is? Is it not for sharing opinions?

I'm sharing my opinions and first-hand experience with the product being discussed. I don't have any agenda.

I'd say buy some. Or don't.

• Like 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

15 hours ago, me05501 said:

The message boards should be used to talk about the product, etc not one's philosophical views about the company in general. Happens in a lot of threads and is dumb IMO. There's enough evidence showing this generation is better than last and the product is favored. You can try it or not, I really don't care how you spend your money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So just to clarify, this thread is only for POSITIVE comments on the product in question. Propaganda, basically. 

Got it!

• Haha 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

On 6/14/2022 at 12:40 PM, markatthelake said:

As attested here, the balls must be good.  But beware of customer service.  IF you you any problem with your order, it will be a big problem.  I ordered the Pro in red.  It came in orange.  They would not exchange without me paying the postage back to Germany.  I did so regretably.  Then the balls sat in German customs for a month.  Vice did not want to send me the correct balls until they received them.  Then my balls finally come.  They only send my 5 dozen when I bought the promo 6 dozen for 5.  The 6 dozen is what I received the first time but not the replacement.  I ordered my balls in early April.  Now it is June and the order is yet to be complete. 

I ordered 5 dozen about a year ago.  FedEx said that the delivery was left in front of my door, and when I got home nothing was there.  I opened a case with FedEx, then emailed Vice.  Vice called me about an hour later to confirm the case number with FedEx and what happened and they said they would deal with FedEx for me going forward, and a new shipment of 5 dozen balls was on the way.  The new shipment got here in 3 days.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, me05501 said:

Right.

The key word in your statement is perception. You may perceive they are lower quality, but as a guy who has played them, it’s not reality. They perform just as good as any other balls on the market and independent testing confirms that as well. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

4 hours ago, me05501 said:

So you share your feelings and state you don’t have an agenda. However when others share their differing feelings and opinions you accuse them of defending something? Double standard much????

• Like 3

6 hours ago, me05501 said:

Right.

I don't think it's that confounding to consumers given there are countless examples of what Vice is trying to do across all consumer products. 

Focusing on direct to consumer channels, avoiding expensive endorsement deals and advertising, and offering volume pricing is not anything earth shattering when it comes to consumer choices.  It's not that hard for the average consumer to realize a company can plausibly offer a similar product at lower cost using one or more strategies.  It's not to say that everything that's direct to consumer or offers volume pricing will have quality, it's just not something so complex that the average consumer can't possibly understand value and quality can exist.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, tboh said:

Love those reactions ... you play a green ball ... I do see its way up there in the fairway 🤣🤣🤣

Do you like the fade over the Maxfli Green for visibility

To me performance is so close I'll play either but when my greenies run out I'm thinking of going fade balls exclusively

Thanks in advance

The yellow/orange fade is the most visible ball I play, followed by the lime green Vice. I think once fall hits and there are some orange leaves on the ground, that may limit the fade for the fall though. Hope that helps!

Maltby TSW sand wedge

8 hours ago, gioreeko said:

The yellow/orange fade is the most visible ball I play, followed by the lime green Vice. I think once fall hits and there are some orange leaves on the ground, that may limit the fade for the fall though. Hope that helps!

I consider the Pro Plus one of my top tier balls for performance although I settled on using Maxfli Tour matte green for the season

I get fantastic results from Vice when playing well & I did not notice any extraordinary wear & tear when I play them

IMO while the 5 packs are a great deal just buying a sleeve (if available) or a dozen doesn't do anything but save me 💰💰💰 anyway

Good news is in today's world its hard to go wrong w whatever top level ball you choose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tboh said:

I consider the Pro Plus one of my top tier balls for performance although I settled on using Maxfli Tour matte green for the season

I get fantastic results from Vice when playing well & I did not notice any extraordinary wear & tear when I play them

IMO while the 5 packs are a great deal just buying a sleeve (if available) or a dozen doesn't do anything but save me 💰💰💰 anyway

Good news is in today's world its hard to go wrong w whatever top level ball you choose

I was disappointed when the didn't include matte green when they came out with the new Maxfli Tour.  I continued to buy them when they popped up at discounted prices but lately when they show up there is no deal at all and I'm not paying more for a prior model than the current model.

15 hours ago, gioreeko said:

The first few leaves have fallen around here now, and some do look decivingly like th vice shade. So might be better off with the lime as autumn sets in further.

5 hours ago, Trippels said:

The first few leaves have fallen around here now, and some do look decivingly like th vice shade. So might be better off with the lime as autumn sets in further.

I find white works best in the fall.  Boring though, I know.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

6 hours ago, Trippels said:

I like the lime in the fall when leaves start falling.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, Longdriver295 said:

One thing I've noticed with vice is it sure takes their Shipping a while. I ordered 5 days ago and haven't even Recieved the tracking # yet!

yeah, you have to plan ahead, they ship from Germany

Maltby TSW sand wedge

On 9/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, Longdriver295 said:

One thing I've noticed with vice is it sure takes their Shipping a while. I ordered 5 days ago and haven't even Recieved the tracking # yet!

The last order I placed with Vice about three weeks ago took about a week to get to Virginia...  IIRC, previous orders took 3-4 days.  No big deal...  this past order I made was just to take advantage of the "6 for 5" deal.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:11 PM, hammergolf said:

So you share your feelings and state you don’t have an agenda. However when others share their differing feelings and opinions you accuse them of defending something? Double standard much????

It's not a double standard. I'm being whined at for posting my actual experience with the balls by fans of the balls. 

This isn't emotional for me, but it seems like it is for others. 

• Like 2

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS