2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Vice pro plus

gs1184

I bought a dozen of the Pro Plus to try out since they were so cheap. Definitely not a good fit for what I like on course which is the Pro V1. VPP flies higher but spin seems similar. Much firmer feel to me which seems somewhere in between a V1x and left dash. This ball basically turned into my practice balls in the garage off the mat and I'll have to say the durability is quite impressive. Probably continue to buy these for a mat/practice ball because I wanted something firmer and the durability has been great. Pro V has good durability but definitely chewed up the cover a ton as a practice ball when I have had minimal of that for the VPP.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:55 AM, kevata said:

Has anyone tried the Vice line of golf balls?  They look very intriguing to me, I just wanted to see if anyone on here has tried them or even use them regularly.  I currently switch around golf balls pretty often depending on what people give me as gifts and also what I just impulsively buy at Golfsmith.  I've bounced from the Taylormade Burner, to ProV1s, to ProV1xs, to NXTs, and Nike RZNs lately.  I really want to try and settle on a consistent ball to hopefully get more consistent results out of my game.

Like IndyArcher said you should probably start with reading the entire 6 pages about them 😂, but yes at the current price of $29.99 per dozen when you order 5+ at a time the Vice Pro Plus is one of the best deals out there.  They also frequently give 5+1 free deals from the site or free personalization if youre into that.  Tbh I put the VPP right up there against the prov1 and will take anyone's money with it haha. I've exclusively moved over to VPP for any balls I purchase, I'll play proV's if theyre gifted to me or i win them but won't spend double for them.  It's also easy enough to pick up a dozen of vice balls on amazon prime to try out.

Edited by Wettyb
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:55 AM, kevata said:

Has anyone tried the Vice line of golf balls?  They look very intriguing to me, I just wanted to see if anyone on here has tried them or even use them regularly.  I currently switch around golf balls pretty often depending on what people give me as gifts and also what I just impulsively buy at Golfsmith.  I've bounced from the Taylormade Burner, to ProV1s, to ProV1xs, to NXTs, and Nike RZNs lately.  I really want to try and settle on a consistent ball to hopefully get more consistent results out of my game.

Pro Plus and MTB-X are the DTC balls I rotate and they are as good as any tour ball out there in terms of performance and durability IMO.  My ADHD doesn't allow me to just stick with one ball for more than 3 months at a time so like you, I have a bunch tour balls both OEM and DTC sitting around, haha.   

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Pro Plus and MTB-X are the DTC balls I rotate and they are as good as any tour ball out there in terms of performance and durability IMO.  My ADHD doesn't allow me to just stick with one ball for more than 3 months at a time so like you, I have a bunch tour balls both OEM and DTC sitting around, haha.   

Same here!  I just went crazy with 10 dozen Vice.  I'm sure Snell will be on the list when they release their new model.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm right there with you, and I've stocked up on Pro Plus, and have been holding onto my MTB X for dear life, not sure when they'll really be available again. I've had so many players want to try them after they see me hitting them a long way, the way they stop on the greens, and how workable they are. Awesome balls, especially the lime green and yellow/orange fade for these aging eyes.

• Like 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

• 4 weeks later...

Played Maxfli Tour for the last 2 years, but with rising prices, and no yellow balls, I went looking for something else.
Liked the Shade color of the Pro Plus, so bought 6 dozen on Black Friday. Played one for the first time yesterday, and was very happy with it.
I had played MTB-X in the past and found it too firm for my liking. The Pro Plus felt a little better, and less clicky off the putter. Perfomance was very good.
If you hit any cartpaths, the Shade color will come off, but I used one ball for 18 holes, and it held up well except for the two cartpath bounces.

• Like 1

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

I got a dozen Pro Plus & put them up against my XVs

Pro Plus is as good as the XV. Only quam is that it's not as durable if the ball happens to catch a cart path where it will blemish easily compared to the XV which will tough it out.

Even if blemish, the balls still flies and checks pretty true. It just looks crap, that's all.

I think I will be investing in the Vice Pro Plus in the neon red. They are so easy to see in the air compared to the XV yellow. Unfortunately, my eyes ain't getting any better and yellow balls are kinda hard to see against the smog/gray sky line of Los Angeles

Very impressed with the Vice Pro Plus ball. Very.

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

4 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Pro Plus is as good as the XV. Only quam is that it's not as durable if the ball happens to catch a cart path where it will blemish easily compared to the XV which will tough it out.

Even if blemish, the balls still flies and checks pretty true. It just looks crap, that's all.

I think I will be investing in the Vice Pro Plus in the neon red. They are so easy to see in the air compared to the XV yellow. Unfortunately, my eyes ain't getting any better and yellow balls are kinda hard to see against the smog/gray sky line of Los Angeles

My eyes aren't the best, either, and I love the Pro+ Shade for tracking/seeing in the grass, too. The only time I had issues with it was in the fall when I hit into rough where maple/oak leaves had fallen to the ground. Ball blends a bit too well with fall foliage! spacer.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Only quam is that it's not as durable if the ball happens to catch a cart path

Yeah, the Shade I played for 18 holes hit the cartpath twice, and had a couple nice white spots on them. No performance difference, though. And I promptly lost it on the first hole of my next round.

• Like 2

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

18 minutes ago, Ger21 said:

Yeah, the Shade I played for 18 holes hit the cartpath twice, and had a couple nice white spots on them. No performance difference, though. And I promptly lost it on the first hole of my next round.

from what I've read, the balls are painted as opposed to the color blended into the cover

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

I played V1-x for a few years. Then I migrated to softer and softer balls Cally Supersoft and Srixon Soft Feel for the past 3 years. Tried a Pro Plus 6 months ago. Now I have found my perfect ball!  I have a lime green one with about 20 rounds on it!

After Nike stopped making the Tour D, I never thought I'd find happiness in my balls.....errr, golf balls.....uhh, nevermind

• Haha 1

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 50R

Ping G430 5W 

Callaway Edge 24* Hybrid R
Mizuno JPX921HM w/Recoil 780S 6-LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Vice Pro Plus

15 hours ago, jmtbkr said:

I played V1-x for a few years. Then I migrated to softer and softer balls Cally Supersoft and Srixon Soft Feel for the past 3 years. Tried a Pro Plus 6 months ago. Now I have found my perfect ball!  I have a lime green one with about 20 rounds on it!

Holy moly. Where do you play in Palm Beach Gardens? Every course I know of is built on swampland with plenty of water! Must be a straight knocker! 

I really like the Pro Plus too. It does hold up very well. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:58 PM, SwingBlues said:

Good news is that it's raining this morning so the air quality will be a lot better than it usually is here in LA.  I like the red, but my go to is shade.  If you can't see it in the air or in the grass, you need to have your eyes checked, lol. 

• Haha 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 4/30/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ger21 said:

I noticed the white spots too when one appeared on the gold VPP I was using last year.  No performance issues though.  I like to think of it as building character when the balls get beat up. 

On 5/2/2023 at 4:43 PM, IndyArcher said:

I have said for some time that Vice balls are more durable than people give them credit for, but 20 ROUNDS??!! spacer.png

spacer.png

The 1st gen Vice balls in general had horrible durability but they've come a long way in fixing it. 

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

The 1st gen Vice balls in general had horrible durability but they've come a long way in fixing it. 

I know they weren't what they are now, but I played them then as well and they played just fine. If you can get a good deal on them, then there's no reason to not buy them. If it's someone who doesn't get much more than a round per ball, then a good deal is a good deal. 

I have a question… I’ve played a case of the pros since I started playing again. I like them. I’m all aboard the Vice train especially since there’s no Costco for me to try the new ball. However I’m finding that some of my shorts irons and especially wedges seem to go super high every now and then, and then just fall like a rock. Sometimes even my 6-7 iron. My driver swing does “tops” out around 107-108. However  that’s measured inside and I have more in the tank, but that’s the high end of my “usual” driver swing. But I’d say that I’m averaging around 260-270 ish carry, with the occasional long outlier ( ~300 total) and the occasional spiny short outlier (250ish) total. The website says the plus is for over 110+ mph ss, but it also says it’s for over 250 carry, which I think I’m hitting on a good drive. Which ball do y’all think I should be playing? I’m wanting to order directly from them before the deal goes away, and the target near me does not have any plus models in stock.

thanks 

Edited by Goober8

32 minutes ago, Goober8 said:

I have a question… I’ve played a case of the pros since I started playing again. I like them. I’m all aboard the Vice train especially since there’s no Costco for me to try the new ball. However I’m finding that some of my shorts irons and especially wedges seem to go super high every now and then, and then just fall like a rock. Sometimes even my 6-7 iron. My driver swing does “tops” out around 107-108. However  that’s measured inside and I have more in the tank, but that’s the high end of my “usual” driver swing. But I’d say that I’m averaging around 260-270 ish carry, with the occasional long outlier ( ~300 total) and the occasional spiny short outlier (250ish) total. The website says the plus is for over 110+ mph ss, but it also says it’s for over 250 carry, which I think I’m hitting on a good drive. Which ball do y’all think I should be playing? I’m wanting to order directly from them before the deal goes away, and the target near me does not have any plus models in stock.

thanks 

I'd recommend figuring out which spin profile you think you'd prefer around the greens and go with that model.  The Pro and Pro+ are similar enough that it won't make or break your game going with one vs the other (just like any brand's X vs non-X), and the ball isn't responsible for the occasional 'super high' shot.

Another approach is feel/sound.  If you prefer a bit more 'click'/firm feel, go with the +.  If you like softer feel, Pro.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

9 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I'd recommend figuring out which spin profile you think you'd prefer around the greens and go with that model.  The Pro and Pro+ are similar enough that it won't make or break your game going with one vs the other (just like any brand's X vs non-X), and the ball isn't responsible for the occasional 'super high' shot.

Another approach is feel/sound.  If you prefer a bit more 'click'/firm feel, go with the +.  If you like softer feel, Pro.

Okay thanks. I think I’m just going to stay with the pro as I think I prefer a softer ball. And yea my swing is still kind of all over the place, I didn’t know if the plus would maybe make those shots end up in better spots though. 

5 hours ago, Goober8 said:

Okay thanks. I think I’m just going to stay with the pro as I think I prefer a softer ball. And yea my swing is still kind of all over the place, I didn’t know if the plus would maybe make those shots end up in better spots though. 

They are very similar. I am in the same boat trying to figure out which one I like better. The Pro Plus is firmer and more to my liking, but not by much! It seems just a little longer for me off the tee and mid irons with plenty of short game grab. I only swing up to 106, but I have hit some low spin bombs. I have a few of each left so I need to make a decision before the deal is up but right now it would be Pro Plus. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

13 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

They are very similar. I am in the same boat trying to figure out which one I like better. The Pro Plus is firmer and more to my liking, but not by much! It seems just a little longer for me off the tee and mid irons with plenty of short game grab. I only swing up to 106, but I have hit some low spin bombs. I have a few of each left so I need to make a decision before the deal is up but right now it would be Pro Plus. 

I’m actually going to try to find some plus’s in stock to try them. Only way I will find out for sure 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:02 PM, fjk said:

1. Agree with above posts: the paint is not durable. But I end up losing balls by then anyway.

2. The green color is by far the most visible color out there on my course anyway - Srixon yellow almost seems hard to see in comparison.

2. I think the shade color is the most visible.  This coming from a guy who's considered legally blind.  My prescription is -12.  I normally wear hard contacts but you should see how thick my glasses are, LOL. 

On 5/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, Goober8 said:

thanks 

Iron and green side spin are the big differences between the two balls.  The plus for me spins less in general and has a firmer feel which I like.