2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k

jjfcpa

1 hour ago, 2Tall4Golf said:

Does anyone know what grip model this is based on?  Looking to re-grip another non-Odyssey putter and would like to use something similar.  I'm guessing it's a Winn model, but not sure if it's the Tour Pistol Excel, VSN Midsize Pistol, VSN Medalist Pistol, Dri-Tac Medalist or Dri-Tac Midsize.

IMG_1547.jpg.2fcacfa8b012b576baf4f1c49eb3f046.jpg

I've searched and used similar Winn grips as well.  To me, the midsize Excel and Dri-Tac are the closest.  Texture maybe Excel, but firmness closer to Dri-Tac.

The real ones are $30 through Callaway/Odyssey:  https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/odyssey-accessories/putter-grips/spr5587836.html

EDIT: Here are a few pics comparing the Tri-Hot grip on my 5K One to the Winn Dri-Tac midsize on my Sub 70 Sycamore 001.

image.jpeg.b213a3dcd8c839bd354ae67177725da3.jpeg

20230727_005534879_iOS.jpg

20230727_005617617_iOS.jpg

Edited by stuman74
Added photos
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 8:59 PM, stuman74 said:

Bummer!  Not sure about just the shaft, but maybe buy the "average" condition White Hot OG 1 or something ($117 after 25% off at the moment at CPO).  Pull the shaft and use with your Tri-Hot head (and grip too if you save and pull it).  https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/putters-2021-wh-og-1-ch-stroke-lab.html

Heck, maybe you can get a few bucks for the White Hot head too.

Appreciate the suggestion!  Was one that I was considering but ended up contacting Callaway and they're sending me a replacement putter at no charge which I wasn't expecting.  Very impressed with their customer service so far.

• Like 1

Christmas in July. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

Edited by agood3putt
  • Like 2

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Anybody know the weight of the standard pistol grip? Wanting to replace with a Super Stroke pistol but want to get the wright close so the balance isn't off. Thanks 

Callaway Ai Smoke MAx-D 10.5* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Shaft
PING G425 3 Wood w/ Alta CB 65 Slate Stiff Shaft

PING G425 19* 3 Hybrid w/ Alta CB 70 Slate Stiff Shaft
Callaway Ai Smoke Irons (5-AW) w/ True Temper Elevate 95 Shafts
Callaway CB 50 & 56* Wedges w/ True Temper Elevate 95 Shafts
LAB Golf  DF3 Putter 34", Accra Shaft, Heavy Head, 2* Pistol Grip

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Cart Bag 15-Way Top w/ Club Organizer Attachment 

Foot Joyt Pure Touch Glove Cadet M/L 
Srixon Q-Star Tour Balls

2 hours ago, falconman515 said:

Anybody know the weight of the standard pistol grip? Wanting to replace with a Super Stroke pistol but want to get the wright close so the balance isn't off. Thanks 

Yes.  I have pulled a few in the past couple months with a little solvent and grip remover tool.  After letting then dry out, they were all between 74.5 and 75.6g.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:07 AM, stuman74 said:

Yes.  I have pulled a few in the past couple months with a little solvent and grip remover tool.  After letting then dry out, they were all between 74.5 and 75.6g.

NICE! Thanks so much for the info. 

That being said how will adding a 58g SS Zenergy 1.0PT grip in place of this? I know it will obviously be 17g lighter but should I do something to compensate or will that not be a huge factor? 

I may go with a 65g (SS Pistol Tour), but not sure till they both arrive to see which feels better for my grip. 

Edited by falconman515

Callaway Ai Smoke MAx-D 10.5* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Shaft
PING G425 3 Wood w/ Alta CB 65 Slate Stiff Shaft

PING G425 19* 3 Hybrid w/ Alta CB 70 Slate Stiff Shaft
Callaway Ai Smoke Irons (5-AW) w/ True Temper Elevate 95 Shafts
Callaway CB 50 & 56* Wedges w/ True Temper Elevate 95 Shafts
LAB Golf  DF3 Putter 34", Accra Shaft, Heavy Head, 2* Pistol Grip

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Cart Bag 15-Way Top w/ Club Organizer Attachment 

Foot Joyt Pure Touch Glove Cadet M/L 
Srixon Q-Star Tour Balls

2 hours ago, falconman515 said:

That being said how will adding a 58g SS Zenergy 1.0PT grip in place of this? I know it will obviously be 17g lighter but should I do something to compensate or will that not be a huge factor? 

I may go with a 65g (SS Pistol Tour), but not sure till they both arrive to see which feels better for my grip. 

Both of those will make the head feel slightly heavier, which you may or may not like. There's no way to add more counterweights since the stock counterweight is stuck in there. And I think a unique size for the shaft. 

But you could always try adding lead tape underneath the grip tape, I've done that before to get the weight exactly right. Lead tape + grip = 75 grams

• Thanks 1

Just picked up a Tri Hot 7. With it being a bigger head do the standard Odyssey mallet cover fit, or do I need to get the square spider style covers? As the standard cover is awful. 

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

On 6/25/2023 at 11:14 AM, stuman74 said:

Comparing the Tri-Hot 5K One vs Two, is there really much spec or performance difference?  Or is it just the styling (the One being more traditional Anser with the rounded back flange and the Two with a bit more square back flange like a Scotty Newport 2)?

It's just style and personal preference, like with anser vs anser2 or newport vs newport2

• Like 1

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

Went to GG the other week after reading much about a new putter. Went straight to the Odyssey putters and picked up a Tri Hot 5K Double Wide as it was not wrapped in plastic. Rolled 6 balls, about 12-15’ and holed every one of them. Put that one back and picked up a Versa Double Wide and had similar, but not the same results. Rolled many others while my wife picked out clothes ( because it’s not all about how you play but how you look like you play). I just couldn’t put any better, in the store, with anything else, so I bought the Tri Hot 5K. 

It has rolled every bit as good on the course. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2023 at 12:44 AM, stuman74 said:

I've searched and used similar Winn grips as well.  To me, the midsize Excel and Dri-Tac are the closest.  Texture maybe Excel, but firmness closer to Dri-Tac.

The real ones are $30 through Callaway/Odyssey:  https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/odyssey-accessories/putter-grips/spr5587836.html

EDIT: Here are a few pics comparing the Tri-Hot grip on my 5K One to the Winn Dri-Tac midsize on my Sub 70 Sycamore 001.

image.jpeg.b213a3dcd8c839bd354ae67177725da3.jpeg

20230727_005534879_iOS.jpg

20230727_005617617_iOS.jpg

Would ye know what weight that stock grip is?? 

Received the double wide today. Rolled it a few times on the practice mat. Initial feel is good. Hoping it's the right mix of everything I've been wanting in a putter for a while. Going to change the grip to the Jumbomax style I've been using to to keep things familiar. We'll see how it does on grass in the coming weeks.

13 hours ago, aaronpoling said:

That is my understanding, wish they had heavier weights, as I went with a SS tour 3.0 grip and it is almost too counterweighted. 

I'd call Callaway/Odyssey and ask, because they're notorious for displaying incorrect options/specs on their website. I had to contact them about the Toulon weight kit a while back, as well as inform them that the advertised specs for their Toulon Chicago was wrong and they changed it. It Doesn't make sense to offer weights that would only reduce the head-weight; plus why would they do that for the TriHot5k's kit when they offer heavier/normal weight options for their Toulon and the "Standard" kits. And if you're using the stroke-lab shaft, and play less than 35", a 365gram head is on the lighter end considering the counterweighting in the butt-end of the shaft.

I'd wager that it's a website mistake.

Also, aftermarket weights are usually good and very accurate in weight - often times more accurate than the OEM's weights. So that's another good option assuming they exist

• Like 1

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

4 hours ago, mjo23 said:

I'd call Callaway/Odyssey and ask, because they're notorious for displaying incorrect options/specs on their website. I had to contact them about the Toulon weight kit a while back, as well as inform them that the advertised specs for their Toulon Chicago was wrong and they changed it. It Doesn't make sense to offer weights that would only reduce the head-weight; plus why would they do that for the TriHot5k's kit when they offer heavier/normal weight options for their Toulon and the "Standard" kits. And if you're using the stroke-lab shaft, and play less than 35", a 365gram head is on the lighter end considering the counterweighting in the butt-end of the shaft.

I'd wager that it's a website mistake.

Also, aftermarket weights are usually good and very accurate in weight - often times more accurate than the OEM's weights. So that's another good option assuming they exist

Those are some good recommendations. It didn't make sense to me either that they wouldn't offer a lighter weight and heavier weight, than the stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dvboy said:

Can someone please chime in about the durability of the finish of these putters?Specifically the seven?Currently have a white hot versa seven,like the putter,do NOT like the way the paint easily chips off the surface,hoping the tri-hot 5k’s have more of an anodized finish that won’t chip?

Shouldn’t have an issue if you use a head-cover, the shiny finish of the aluminum “rear” portion of the Trihots might be a bit more susceptible to chipping than the black finish of stainless steel front section. But it doesn’t seem like it’d be an issue with a head-cover. But overall, yes, it should be more durable than the Versa finish

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

26 minutes ago, mjo23 said:

Shouldn’t have an issue if you use a head-cover, the shiny finish of the aluminum “rear” portion of the Trihots might be a bit more susceptible to chipping than the black finish of stainless steel front section. But it doesn’t seem like it’d be an issue with a head-cover. But overall, yes, it should be more durable than the Versa finish

Thanks,absolutely will be using a head-cover,good to hear it will be more durable than the white-hot versa.

19 hours ago, dvboy said:

Can someone please chime in about the durability of the finish of these putters?Specifically the seven?Currently have a white hot versa seven,like the putter,do NOT like the way the paint easily chips off the surface,hoping the tri-hot 5k’s have more of an anodized finish that won’t chip?

Did you use a cover on your versa? I don't want the paint chipping off mine.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:17 PM, Tilikum said:

Another good option is this grip: https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/odyssey-white-hot-pro-putter-grip-ss13odywtehtprogrp/ss13odywtehtprogrp

Best Odyssey grip produced in my personal opinion, just a simple rubber material with a nice texture - almost velvet style. Quite popular on Tour. I believe that’s what Gooch uses on his Trihot #2 as well

But that GP Red-Star is also a great option

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

11 minutes ago, mjo23 said:

Another good option is this grip: https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/odyssey-white-hot-pro-putter-grip-ss13odywtehtprogrp/ss13odywtehtprogrp

Best Odyssey grip produced in my personal opinion, just a simple rubber material with a nice texture - almost velvet style. Quite popular on Tour. I believe that’s what Gooch uses on his Trihot #2 as well

But that GP Red-Star is also a great option

Great grip.  Also like the dfx gray rubber that they abandoned in favor of the foam style.  I see dfx in black from Japan on the bay as well

Just now, So_Cal said:

Great grip.  Also like the dfx gray rubber that they abandoned in favor of the foam style.  I see dfx in black from Japan on the bay as well

I really liked the original black rubber DFX they used a few years ago (i think Poulter still uses it), but the gray  DFX that came with the initial release of WH OG’s felt a little slick to me for some reason. Great shape but a little slick for me unlike the original black DFX and the White Hot Pro

• Like 2

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

16 minutes ago, mjo23 said:

I really liked the original black rubber DFX they used a few years ago (i think Poulter still uses it), but the gray  DFX that came with the initial release of WH OG’s felt a little slick to me for some reason. Great shape but a little slick for me unlike the original black DFX and the White Hot Pro

I didn’t know that the black has more traction.  Thanks for the tip.  Will try one out