Odyssey Tri Hot 5k

jjfcpa

Went in to try out some of the new putters, mainly interested in the Odyssey 11 in comparison with my current 2 ball ten.  After an hour or so I have a Tri-hot 5k Triple Wide on the way to do battle with my 2 ball Ten.  Love how consistent the roll was on the PGA Superstore putt putt greens. The weighting is really interesting and I really like the weight forward sensation compared to the 2 ball Ten.  Did not like the 11 for some reason even though I wanted to. 

Edited by Nelson.br.1515
  • Like 1

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

• 2 weeks later...

These putters are the real deal. Put a double wide into play for the first time and it help me drain a bunch of putts in line to my best round ever. The forgiveness is noticeable like a mallet, but the blade design and weighting just feels so much better. I’d highly recommend 

• Like 4

I've been gaming the double wide for past couple of months.  Still adjusting to the insert, especially on slow greens.  I was using several non-inserts before.  I am very happy and don't plan on changing anytime soon.  Says a lot since I've gone through 7+ putters over the past 2 seasons.

In the last 4 or 5 months I've been experimenting with the doublewide, I can say it's still a great putter.  I did buy a Scotty #7 a couple months ago, because I liked the look.  I've still got it, but I just don't get the results I wanted.   I'm now hitting the face balanced triple wide, instead of the doublewide.  This 5k, just seems so easy to get the ball  rolling online, and the distance control is almost like cheating.  Mishits just don't miss like I'm used to on the other putters I have.  I went 6 rounds before I had my first 3 putt.  

On 2/12/2022 at 9:39 PM, jjfcpa said:

Went to the PGA Superstore and had a chance to roll a few with the Odyssey Tri Hot 5k One .  I spent maybe 10-15 minutes rolling short and long putts.  I dropped too many to pass this one up.  I had to buy this thing so I can practice with it tomorrow and use it on the course on Monday.  I'm currently using an Odyssey White Hot OG and the one thing I don't like about it is that I couldn't get it in black.  The one thing I don't like about the Tri Hot was that it didn't have an oversized grip, but nevertheless, the grip felt really good and the balance of the putter was really good.  

Anyone else had a chance to try one?

Did you compare to a Scotty Cameron?  I agree, when I tried the Tri Hot, it was too good to pass up.... but the price point makes you question whether you'd be better off with a Scotty, which is a few bucks more.   thoughts?

2 minutes ago, ibsno said:

Did you compare to a Scotty Cameron?  I agree, when I tried the Tri Hot, it was too good to pass up.... but the price point makes you question whether you'd be better off with a Scotty, which is a few bucks more.   thoughts?

They're both mass produced.  It's not like Scotty is making every putter sold. If you like it, go for it.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:52 AM, ibsno said:

I had a Scotty (actually, still do) but I missed too many with the Scotty.  I'd vote for a couple of different putters before I'd invest in a Scotty.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered the tri-hot 5k dw and I am going to get the black and gray gravity grip installed on it. I was trying to decide between the evenroll er 2 vb and the tri-hot I found that I liked the tri-hot putter more but I loved the feel of the gravity grip on the evenroll so I figured I would combine them. I will let you all know how it comes out.

Had the triple wide and felt like it was a little too big and didn’t love the long alignment line. Recently got a tour issue Tri-hot 5k 3 which is way outside of my normal putter characteristics: narrow top line, “blade” shape, lots of toe hang but it is shockingly stable. I know one of the videos said the 3 had the highest MOI and I don’t understand how that’s possible but I am very impressed so far. 

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, Nelson.br.1515 said:

Had the triple wide and felt like it was a little too big and didn’t love the long alignment line. Recently got a tour issue Tri-hot 5k 3 which is way outside of my normal putter characteristics: narrow top line, “blade” shape, lots of toe hang but it is shockingly stable. I know one of the videos said the 3 had the highest MOI and I don’t understand how that’s possible but I am very impressed so far. 

I'm still debating buying a #3! Gamed the white hot pro version for 5 years

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ibsno said:

I bought the Odyssey TW after putting amazingly at the store where I bought it from.  Not getting the same results at the golf course unfortunately and don't understand why.  I went from a 35" on my old to a 34" on the TW.  Could that possibly be why? 

Most likely length has little to do with it.  No one who ever lived putts as well on the course as they do in the store.  I think golf stores must put those holes in their putting greens in small depressions in the floor so gravity assists the ball!

21 hours ago, ibsno said:

I bought the Odyssey TW after putting amazingly at the store where I bought it from.  Not getting the same results at the golf course unfortunately and don't understand why.  I went from a 35" on my old to a 34" on the TW.  Could that possibly be why? 

Why are you missing? You always make more putts practicing than playing. Are you hitting your lines, coming up short/long, etc.

On 8/7/2022 at 3:35 PM, RCD#No1 said:

Has anyone ever cut a tri hot from 34 to 33.

Interesting that you would ask that because I actually bought a 34 because it was the only one available online.  After using it for a few weeks, I could tell that I needed a 33 and instead of cutting it down (not sure if you can even do that), I placed a custom order with Odyssey.  The 33 has been money for me.  Just love the feel and consistency I get with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 10:44 PM, drbonesvt said:

What is the grip

4096965A-0D9C-49E2-A319-C23AEF100AC7.webp

The grip is the only problem I have with this putter.  It is actually nearly a perfect size/shape for me.  Feels nice and tacky inside, but out in the humid South TX heat it gets all slimy.  And unless I want to carry a towel around on the greens it just feels gross in my hands.  I wish I could find the Odyssey black smooth rubber grip for sale aftermarket.

The putter itself (One) is great.  I have a 33" model and it still feels a bit head heavy with stock weights, which is my preference.  The insert is mushy in the sweet spot (TP5X) but overall the feeling is pleasing and feedback is much better than I can recall from any other Odyssey insert putter.  Coming from a Toulon (Chicago SL), the feel isn't quite as good for distance control but otherwise the stroke performance (balance) of the One is superb.  

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

On 3/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, spring7 said:

i really like this putter, I am having a hard time justifying that price for an Odyssey....

I hear some of you guys say I can’t justify paying that much for a Odyssey ! Their record world wide wins speaks for it self ! And really just what is so great about a Scotty ? Scotty has tried numerous times with inserts of his own including prototypes to compete with the Great white hot and hasn’t been able to do it ! Odyssey has always made a quality product . Odyssey on their white hot Pro line actually put the sight line on # 1 and 3 where the sight line sweet spot actually is closer to the hosel to help the pro and amateur alike . 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, ibsno said:

Yes I’ve played many Scotty’s and just what  is so great ? ODYSSEY makes a great product and has the world wide wins ! And Scotty know this and has tried inserts himself, but nothing has the Feel and Response that the Great White Hot has ! 

Edited by 8thman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 8thman said:

I hear some of you guys say I can’t justify paying that much for a Odyssey ! Their record world wide wins speaks for it self ! And really just what is so great about a Scotty ? Scotty has tried numerous times with inserts of his own including prototypes to compete with the Great white hot and hasn’t been able to do it ! Odyssey has always made a quality product . Odyssey on their white hot Pro line actually put the sight line on # 1 and 3 where the sight line sweet spot actually is closer to the hosel to help the pro and amateur alike . 

I am with you, how many of those world wide wins were won with a $400 Odyssey? I think the White Hot line is amazing and I think they live better in the <$200 world.

• 2 weeks later...

This season I went from Scotty mallet (X5) to Tri Hot Double wide. I feel like my putting has improved and my good days are really good. I really like this putter and it will likely stay in the bag for awhile (the X-5 was in bag for 5+ years). Is it expensive? I guess, but it’s paid for itself this year by 10x!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just had a putter fitting at Club Champion and they recommended a face balanced putter.

I tried a bunch and was making everything with the double wide and triple, but went with double as I liked the looks slightly more.

Now I get home a find it's not face balanced. Should I call back and order the triple instead? I was making everything with both but SAM said Dave so think I should change.

7 minutes ago, delfam said:

Just had a putter fitting at Club Champion and they recommended a face balanced putter.

I tried a bunch and was making everything with the double wide and triple, but went with double as I liked the looks slightly more.

Now I get home a find it's not face balanced. Should I call back and order the triple instead? I was making everything with both but SAM said Dave so think I should change.

Did you get the double bend shaft?