Odyssey Tri Hot 5k

jjfcpa

On 3/1/2022 at 6:14 AM, Radeon962 said:

Have a battle going on currently between my old Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line and the two newcomers, Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double and Triple Wide.

F9A304D4-0FF7-4C30-AB2F-C9B2448DD9E4.jpeg.7d1584066d3f8df9960bf66a636966f5.jpeg93FAAE99-C172-4F12-9615-44F60D5C3D3D.jpeg.00e593b6962b45da9509fac7d53dc754.jpeg667DBCB0-C792-4ABC-8939-4D21218180DD.jpeg.fa0c2d28e3d858b611c408832db4f6a0.jpegE291DD31-1165-4290-9B4A-12CB60ECA8C7.jpeg.a5938e8850457a98fbb61a5f41f5e635.jpeg9C2D20B1-7241-4F67-8D69-5EC8BCF3C018.jpeg.fd8ac78c51297d8a22dfc0bc00274460.jpeg

Any more thoughts on double wide vs. triple wide?  Curious if you feel like the feel is about the same.  The 1W Versa is still one of my favorite insert putters.  Putters are my favorite golf clubs for sure and tempted to purchase a Tri-Hot 5k.  Thanks. 

Edited by N2N2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, N2N2 said:

Any more thoughts on double wide vs. triple wide?  Curios if you feel like the feel is about the same.  The 1W Versa is still one of my favorite insert putters.  Putters are my favorite golf clubs for sure and tempted to purchase a Tri-Hot 5k.  Thanks. 

Sold the Double Wide. 

Kept the Triple Wide. 

Triple Wide is in the bag on our spring break trip to Alabama. 

I preferred the size and overall head shape of the DW but the double-bend, face balanced aspect of the TW is just better for my putting stroke.  I could move the DW around at setup and get a somewhat consistent roll.  The TW just sets up square and seems to put a good roll on the ball most every time and if not it seems to work to keep the ball on line.   They both feel about the same but the TW feels better to me and my stroke as I would imagine I just make better contact with it from stroke to stroke.

I have always preferred a White Hot insert over any of the Microhinge type faces.  

I did remove the 30g counterweight from my TW as it did not feel right and may be the overall weight more so than the counterweight as I have typically putted better with steel shafts as they just feel heavy overall and my preference.  Removing the counterweight brought back some of the overall "heft" to the putter that I felt was missing when I tried it out at stock setup.  

I have used it on a pretty rough practice green at the one course that has opened early in our area and the roll and stroke that I have been pleased with in the basement has transferred to the practice green.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radeon962 said:

Sold the Double Wide. 

Kept the Triple Wide. 

Triple Wide is in the bag on our spring break trip to Alabama. 

I preferred the size and overall head shape of the DW but the double-bend, face balanced aspect of the TW is just better for my putting stroke.  I could move the DW around at setup and get a somewhat consistent roll.  The TW just sets up square and seems to put a good roll on the ball most every time and if not it seems to work to keep the ball on line.   They both feel about the same but the TW feels better to me and my stroke as I would imagine I just make better contact with it from stroke to stroke.

I have always preferred a White Hot insert over any of the Microhinge type faces.  

I did remove the 30g counterweight from my TW as it did not feel right and may be the overall weight more so than the counterweight as I have typically putted better with steel shafts as they just feel heavy overall and my preference.  Removing the counterweight brought back some of the overall "heft" to the putter that I felt was missing when I tried it out at stock setup.  

I have used it on a pretty rough practice green at the one course that has opened early in our area and the roll and stroke that I have been pleased with in the basement has transferred to the practice green.  

I prefer the White Hot insert too vs. other Odyssey inserts.  I could see being in similar situation if I go the route of DW vs. TW.  Now if I could only type curious with the correct spelling the first time.  Ha.  Thanks again for your feedback.  I hope you have a great putting season.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommyj said:

Head weight of the 1 and 3 at 360g is a bit high for me at my 35" length, too bad at $399 they weren't able to incorporate changeable weights.  I was excited to see the 3 since it appears that Ping has no plans to include a Zing when they release new putter lines.

The Tri Hot 5k's have interchangeable front weights as per their website.

• Like 1

First round with my #1 5k was very promising!

not sure if I should put this cove4 on it or not…

0DEC153E-3CC5-4746-9BAE-5251185985D2.jpeg

• Like 2

G430 Max 9 Degrees Accra FX 3.0

G430 LST 3 Wood Ventus Red 6S

Cobra TEC 3 and 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

2 hours ago, jmc said:

have you tried to take the weights out?

nope. Sent Callaway an email asking when the weight kit will be available for purchase, here's their response;

Thank you for your recent E-mail. We appreciate your taking the time to contact us with your inquiry.

In response to your inquiry, at this time Odyssey has no information regarding a potential availability date for Tri-Hot 5K weight kits. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

LOVE the putter, i have the double-wide. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the new Toulon range and the face is too firm for me, I then tried the double wide tri hot 5k and holed 4/4 8 footers, I was blown away by the softness and forgiveness compared to the Toulon.

I find it hard to believe both the 3, the triple wide and everything in between has basically the same moi but maybe they’ve performed witch craft with the weight distribution 

have been gaming the Spider X for the past 3 seasons but we've been fighting the last few weeks. Went to the store to check out the Phantom X line today, which were fine, but not mind blowing. just picked up the Tri-Hot 5K 2 and the thing is just kept its line SO well, and the distance control felt super easy. Never liked the scotty NP2 look, but this just felt more comfortable and perfectly square with a nice top line, which was comfortable. Came home, and have been sticking the putt-out perfect putt spot every other putt. Just wild. We'll see how long the honeymoon lands, but it's exciting right now!

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54S/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any more experiences with the 5k line? 

Just ordered a 5k One and im pretty excited to put it in the bag. 

Played an anser 2 most of my younger days, then a scotty Newport 2 select. For the last 7 years some form of face balanced mallet. After lots of testing, amd hours on the putting green I've determined I aim an "anser" style putter the best. Because I play a firm golf ball (pro v1x left dash) the scotty feels a bit clicky to me. I also enjoy the stability of a mallet. So seeing what they're trying to do with the 5k line was intriguing to me. As a lefty it's also somewhat hard to find Newport or regular anser shapes. Hoping the 5k is what im looking for 😅

Would love to see a center shaft version of the double wide and/or triple wide. 

Driver:  Taylormade Qi10 Black Out 9° w/ Ventus Velocore Black 7X

3 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Tour 15° w/ Ventus TR Velocore Blue 8X

Utility: Taylormade Stealth UDI 18° w/ Nippon GOST X

4 to GW: Mizuno JPX 923 Tour w/ Nippon Modus 125X

SW to LW: Cleveland RTX 6 Tour Rack 54° and 58° w/ Nippon Modus Wedge 125X

Putter: Mack Made Tribute Notchback Midblade Center Shaft w/ 35” BGT Stability Shaft

Ball: Maxfli Tour X 

Bag: Vessel Players IV Pro DXR

Cart: CaddyTek CaddyCruiser ONE Tour w/ Club Booster v2 or Clicgear 3.5+

• 1 month later...

Anyone have updates? I am on my search for a putter still and the #2 has landed in the bag to test. I sold my Newport to go to the Phantom 5.5 since I was looking for something more stable in my stroke and at impact. That lasted all but two rounds because of my distance control issues on two different types of greens. I was constantly missing long and short on both courses. 

I’ve typically used a milled putter for most of my playing days but this has a very nice feel. I need a bit more time with it but I’m liking the weight of the putter. 

Has anyone come from a milled putter to this and seen performance gains of any sort? So far this is an improvement over the 5.5 but time will tell if I give it up and just stick with a milled putter or the Tri Hot 5k. I’ve got a drill where I go from 2-8ft and then from 8-2ft on my mat. I missed one putt out of 14 with this and three with the 5.5. I seemed to knock the 5.5 off line easier than the Tri Hot.  

3B86094F-DE23-4D4A-90BB-62DD6083A386.jpeg.db417a2b364c64ca3d98f386e77e7fc2.jpeg

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Irons TBD

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1

10 hours ago, MerryTex said:

Anyone have updates? I am on my search for a putter still and the #2 has landed in the bag to test. I sold my Newport to go to the Phantom 5.5 since I was looking for something more stable in my stroke and at impact. That lasted all but two rounds because of my distance control issues on two different types of greens. I was constantly missing long and short on both courses. 

I’ve typically used a milled putter for most of my playing days but this has a very nice feel. I need a bit more time with it but I’m liking the weight of the putter. 

Has anyone come from a milled putter to this and seen performance gains of any sort? So far this is an improvement over the 5.5 but time will tell if I give it up and just stick with a milled putter or the Tri Hot 5k. I’ve got a drill where I go from 2-8ft and then from 8-2ft on my mat. I missed one putt out of 14 with this and three with the 5.5. I seemed to knock the 5.5 off line easier than the Tri Hot.  

I bought the 1 and 2. I think they are onto something with the head. Personally hated the stroke lab shaft. Debating getting one with a ct tour installed 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, BostonWRX said:

I bought the 1 and 2. I think they are onto something with the head. Personally hated the stroke lab shaft. Debating getting one with a ct tour installed 

This stroke lab seems to be different than prior years. Going to give it a little time and may cut and insert a Stability shaft...Or sell it!!!

Distance control was pretty good today on the putting green. I was keeping them within 3 feet from 20-25 ft. I used three different locations and gave myself points based on being able to two putt from that distance or not. I only missed one missing just outside 3 feet. I'm slowly getting acquainted with this putter and it's feeling more smooth each time I use it. 

• Like 1

Irons TBD

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1

54 minutes ago, MerryTex said:

Distance control was pretty good today on the putting green. I was keeping them within 3 feet from 20-25 ft. I used three different locations and gave myself points based on being able to two putt from that distance or not. I only missed one missing just outside 3 feet. I'm slowly getting acquainted with this putter and it's feeling more smooth each time I use it. 

Did you reshaft? I’m thinking ct tour 

26 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

Did you reshaft? I’m thinking ct tour 

I have it completely stock. I like the weight of it. I think it kind of matches my stroke and tempo I like to have in my putting. I may take it with me to a fitting to see if it can be optimized and if it is matching up with my feel. I’d like to be as accurate as possible with the flat stick next season. 

• Like 1

Irons TBD

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1

17 hours ago, GolfGeekMatt said:

Going to go roll a few of these after work today.  I miss the look of a blade but putt better with a mallet, so hoping one of these will work out.

Shop had already sold the couple that they had by the time I got there yesterday.  May order one blind but I'd really like to try them out first.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:24 AM, MerryTex said:

Triple Wide user here. I have seen an improvement in my distance control over every milled putter I own (Scotty-3, Toulon-1, Ping-2, Slighter-1) with one notable exception. The Sik Flo Putter. For me, it is crazy consistent on distance control. However the Tri-Hot Triple Wide is sooooo close in that department, it wins the bag battle based on the feel in my hands. 

679B3AA3-386D-4349-8C09-E42949679271_1_201_a.jpeg.115abec84ad7b0cf6d107bb8f3cf800b.jpeg

Edited by Steelhead
  • Like 3

I bought the #2 again. It really is crazy how the face doesn’t feel like it twists at all when you miss the center. I always wanted my spider to win bc of its stability but I am much more accurate with a blade. Feels like this is finally the combo I was looking for. 

Any word on the interchangeable weights on these? Have a #2 I want to reshaft but would like to lighten the headweight up 

Edited by BostonWRX
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

I bought the #2 again. It really is crazy how the face doesn’t feel like it twists at all when you miss the center. I always wanted my spider to win bc of its stability but I am much more accurate with a blade. Feels like this is finally the combo I was looking for. 

Any word on the interchangeable weights on these? Have a #2 I want to reshaft but would like to lighten the headweight up 

Yep. This thing is incredibly stable. I wasn’t sure if this thing would live up to the hype but it has. I found on putts over 25 feet or so it really shines by keeping the ball tracking on its line well. I really enjoying mine as well. I might add a double wide to the collection as well. 

• Like 3

Irons TBD

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1