2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Payntr Golf Shoes

On 3/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, sharkiesj said:

I’m tempted to order these but the nubs on the bottom look like they’ll leave major carnage to nice bent grass greens like the ‘ol Adidas Adicross did a few year back. Any issues you guys notice?

This would be a concern of mine too.  Any of you early adopters have any reports on if the traction nubs leave "carnage" on the greens?  

I really liked the original Nike Lunar Control shoes, but those soles were not always the best on softer greens.  

Still just wearing them around the house at this point.  Very comfortable shoes with nice soft leather.  Toe box is a little on the small side, which has me concerned.  My biggest concern is that I have bought shoes in the past that felt alittle cramped, but not bad when wearing them in the house, but when I walked 18 holes, my toes were hurting by the end.  Unfortunately, I can't tell which shoes will stretch in the toe box and be comfortable vs. one which will be an ongoing problem.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I ordered a pair 10W which is standard for the footboys.  Had to return them they are a half size too small.

Their return process wasn't great.  Took them 4 days to say OK you can return the shoes.  It states clearly that you have to get permission.

If they fit I think they would have been great.

Got mine today. Sizing is normal; pretty close to Nikes. Good cushion, but not the best I’ve ever felt. The “spikes” are incredibly grippy! My only complaint at first wear is that halfway between the toe and the heel, the shoes push out. Lots of shoes do that and I’m not a fan. Too clownish-looking. Overall at first glance, a very quality-looking shoe. Definitely well-made.

I ordered a few pairs of socks. The low socks are a little too small for a L/XL.

11B355AA-3960-4DF6-A3CB-B281DDFE28A2.jpeg

4E3B2230-9377-4A6E-93B6-7CAFB073D944.jpeg

32366272-9FE6-46EF-B00A-47FEF6343AF1.jpeg

Edited by Holy Moses
  • Thanks 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Interesting that one of the four lace loops is beige on each shoe while the three others are gray. On the bottom of this shoe, there is a flexible soft plastic plate (almost gel-like) that is see-through. I hope it holds up and doesn’t get punctured. 

23544B90-963E-4055-AA84-7D7432B6316C.jpeg

5E8753C4-ABC1-4801-948E-DFBDBCC50F3D.jpeg

Edited by Holy Moses

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, dunkotime said:

Any update on these shoes resulting from wearing them for a round or 2.

I returned them because the toe box wasn’t wide enough. They said they do plan to make more options, like a wider version, once the company is more established and their finances look good. I will get some when they offer a wider toe box option.

LEFT HANDED

Received mine today. I was a little nervous on the sizing from other reviews and since there is not a way to try them on first. I went with my normal size 12 and I can say these fit perfect. A few of the other brands I’ve had to go up in size because it seems like they are making shoes smaller. But these are just right. Like others have said the leather is very soft feeling and they are extremely comfortable right out of the box. I’ll play my first round with them tomorrow and see about traction but I don’t feel there will be any issues. I also ordered some socks and the slides to try and I really like those as well. 

3684D28C-BEED-4781-BF3F-9BF8CCA50D35.jpeg

833DD6CA-EAF2-4A7C-AE67-0E3729165F06.jpeg

• Like 1

Played a round in them today. Very comfortable! Probably the most traction on a spikeless shoe I've owned. No issues marking up the greens compared to any other shoe. My only complaint so that is that they seem to have a big footprint. They kinda have an old-man shoe type of look to me. They just look way bigger on my feet than they actually are. 

• Like 2

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

36 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

Played a round in them today. Very comfortable! Probably the most traction on a spikeless shoe I've owned. No issues marking up the greens compared to any other shoe. My only complaint so that is that they seem to have a big footprint. They kinda have an old-man shoe type of look to me. They just look way bigger on my feet than they actually are. 

I’ve had one round in mine so far as well and I agree with everything you’ve said. Very comfortable right out of the box. They have plenty of grip for a spikeless shoe, never had any slipping issues. 

• 2 months later...

After reading reviews, I'm on the PAYNTR train, went with X 001 F. Ordered in "W", very pleased with that choice. First impressions of their comfort and quality are VERY high. It's an exceptionally lightweight offering IMO, exactly as I was hoping it would be. I'll leave a little more info on performance after I peg it up with them on...

20220623_155450.jpg

Edited by Kenny Lee Puckett
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kenny Lee Puckett said:

After reading reviews I'm on the PANYTR train, went with X 001 F. Ordered in "W", very pleased with that choice. First impressions of their comfort and quality are VERY high. It's an exceptionally lightweight offering IMO, exactly as I was hoping it would be. I'll leave a little more info after I peg it up a with them...

20220623_155450.jpg

They now have a wide version? They did not when I bought them. The toebox wasn’t wide enough, and I had to return them. Otherwise, I was impressed with them.  Is their wide version, wide throughout the shoe, or a wide toebox with a normal midfoot and heel?

Edited by Mob
update

LEFT HANDED

12 minutes ago, Mob said:

They now have a wide version? They did not when I bought them. The toebox wasn’t wide enough, and I had to return them. Otherwise, I was impressed with them.

Yep, Wide is on the menu. I found the option to be plenty roomy. And I agree bud, impressed by the quality after unboxing. Excited to go play next, and I don't usually say that because of shoes.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kenny Lee Puckett said:

Yep, Wide is on the menu. I found the option to be plenty roomy. And I agree bud, impressed by the quality after unboxing. Excited to go play next, and I don't usually say that because of shoes.

Is it just a wide toe box with a normal mid-foot and heel, or is it wide throughout the shoe?

LEFT HANDED

14 minutes ago, Mob said:

Is it just a wide toe box with a normal mid-foot and heel, or is it wide throughout the shoe?

Toe box is roomy. The mid and heel, are they overly wide? Not really my perception, no. Maybe tried on simultaneously with their regular width one would notice more? IMO the wide fit exactly right in the ways a wide should, if that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

I have the 002 LE.  

Long term user of eccos.  I've had many styles over the years and while I think they are better on aesthetics now, they lost something in fit for me.  Current eccos are the S3.  I have True Lux Knit Pros and some others, several pairs of Adidas.

These Payntrs are the best golf shoes I've owned to date.  Fit and support are really well balanced with comfort.  I'm really impressed at the stability they create while still feeling light and soft.  Grip is better than any other spike-less shoes I've had.  I have a pretty messed up pinky toes from breaking it a long time ago, making that foot sensitive to narrow toe box.  I have no problem with these at all, so I'd take the narrow comments with a grain of salt.  I wouldn't call them narrow, honestly.

Highly recommend these shoes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rfc said:

I have the 002 LE.  

Long term user of eccos.  I've had many styles over the years and while I think they are better on aesthetics now, they lost something in fit for me.  Current eccos are the S3.  I have True Lux Knit Pros and some others, several pairs of Adidas.

These Payntrs are the best golf shoes I've owned to date.  Fit and support are really well balanced with comfort.  I'm really impressed at the stability they create while still feeling light and soft.  Grip is better than any other spike-less shoes I've had.  I have a pretty messed up pinky toes from breaking it a long time ago, making that foot sensitive to narrow toe box.  I have no problem with these at all, so I'd take the narrow comments with a grain of salt.  I wouldn't call them narrow, honestly.

Highly recommend these shoes.

Can you or someone else explain their sizing to me. I looked at the size guide and it says that a 28.5 cm foot would be a size 9 1/2. My feet are 28 cm and I usually wear an 11 in almost all shoes. I’ve emailed their customer service twice about this so that I order the correct size, but I have not heard anything back. 

LEFT HANDED

First round today with the X 001 F Model. We rode around, so no comments from a "walking" shoe perspective. But, all in all, VERY impressed. Entire day comfort. These are quite light shoes BTW. Zero issues with heating up (and it was 105 out here in Arizona, as usual), assuming the tongue of the shoe is as effective as it looks. Great platform to swing off. And for a spikeless the traction was unbelievable. I'd be curious to see how it handles the wet? So now I guess the question is durability. Only time will tell.

I ordered the wide version; I hope they fit my overly sensitive feet!

This season I've bought at least 5 pairs of golf shoes and returned 3 of them. 

Payntr 002 - Really great cushion and feel but I need alittle more room in the toe box, so the shoe doesn't irritate my 5th toe, so I sent them back.

True Lux Sport- Nice shoe but the sock booty is loose around the ankle and the heel rises up in the back when walking. I sent these back as well.

G Fore MG4+ - Pretty good overall, but the cushioning is firm/hard. I kept these but regret it.

Ecco Biom C4 - Similar to MG4+. comfortable shoe, nice quality and leather but lacking a cushiony feel.  I kept these as well but regret it also.

LEFT HANDED

On 6/28/2022 at 10:35 AM, Mob said:

I ordered the wide version; I hope they fit my overly sensitive feet!

This season I've bought at least 5 pairs of golf shoes and returned 3 of them. 

Payntr 002 - Really great cushion and feel but I need alittle more room in the toe box, so the shoe doesn't irritate my 5th toe, so I sent them back.

True Lux Sport- Nice shoe but the sock booty is loose around the ankle and the heel rises up in the back when walking. I sent these back as well.

G Fore MG4+ - Pretty good overall, but the cushioning is firm/hard. I kept these but regret it.

Ecco Biom C4 - Similar to MG4+. comfortable shoe, nice quality and leather but lacking a cushiony feel.  I kept these as well but regret it also.

I'm right there with you, buying way too many pairs of golf shoes and honestly disliking them all. 

Out of the models you've tried, which ones would you say have the widest midfoot? That's where my problem is -- I've never been able to find a pair of golf shoes with wide enough midfoot areas.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

7 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I'm right there with you, buying way too many pairs of golf shoes and honestly disliking them all. 

Out of the models you've tried, which ones would you say have the widest midfoot? That's where my problem is -- I've never been able to find a pair of golf shoes with wide enough midfoot areas.

Probably the True Lux Sport, because the upper is a soft shoe like a sock. It has a roomy toe box as well, just very little stability with the soft upper. I considered keeping this one but ultimately I’ve missfired so many times that I decided not to since I wasn’t 100% sold on it.
Right now I am actually wearing my Topo trail running shoes to play golf and they’ve been the most comfortable thing so far. I’m hoping that the Payntr shoe fits me properly. Should arrive on Friday.

Edited by Mob

LEFT HANDED

3 hours ago, Mob said:

Probably the True Lux Sport, because the upper is a soft shoe like a sock. It has a roomy toe box as well, just very little stability with the soft upper. I considered keeping this one but ultimately I’ve missfired so many times that I decided not to since I wasn’t 100% sold on it.
Right now I am actually wearing my Topo trail running shoes to play golf and they’ve been the most comfortable thing so far. I’m hoping that the Payntr shoe fits me properly. Should arrive on Friday.

Gotcha, thanks! I have a pair of True Lux Sports in the closet ... definitely not wide enough in the midfoot, but since nothing is, I think I'll give them a try for a round or two. 

I've definitely thought about going the trail running shoe route, too. I just have the same struggle with trail shoes -- "wide" in that world typically means a wide toe box, whereas I'm looking for a wide midfoot. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

5 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Gotcha, thanks! I have a pair of True Lux Sports in the closet ... definitely not wide enough in the midfoot, but since nothing is, I think I'll give them a try for a round or two. 

I've definitely thought about going the trail running shoe route, too. I just have the same struggle with trail shoes -- "wide" in that world typically means a wide toe box, whereas I'm looking for a wide midfoot. 

Yeah, that’s a tough foot to fit. I have a normal midfoot and heel, so I just need the wider toe box.

LEFT HANDED

7 minutes ago, eric61 said:

You can always contact customer support or ask someone here who already has a pair. My impression from this thread and talking to customer service is that it is a “normal” midfoot.

LEFT HANDED

Just received my 002 LE shoes.  Bar none the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever worn.  I know all feet are different, but these exceeded my Ecco’s, True’s, Adidas, Nike’s, G4’s, FJ’s etc.  As everyone has said, they are well made with good materials.  The fit will be better for some than others, but the footbed and suppleness are universally solid.  If the last fits your foot, these are a no-brainer.  10/10

• Like 1

An update.  My wide version came yesterday, and it wasn't the fit I was hoping for.  Instead of a wider toe box with similar midfoot, it is really more of shoe for bigger feet, with more space/volume overall.  It's a shame, as I like everything else about this shoe, but it clearly isn't meant for my foot shape.

LEFT HANDED

• 2 weeks later...

I have two pairs of the 001s; white and black.

grip and comfort are superb.

two main problems are;

1. Sole is coming off on trailing foot (both pairs) - design fault imo

2. They are not waterproof. You can see through the tongue!

unfortunately the sole looks the same on the 003s ( I have asked Payntr - no reply).

that said I still use them in dry conditions because of the comfort and grip.

I hope this helps.

david

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this as Payntr just announced they are coming out with a spiked model and this has my attention for a new shoe as I've been kinda lost on what to buy after FJ got rid of the TourX model. I know it's the Tour Alpha now but it's mixed reviews. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

23 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Just bumping this as Payntr just announced they are coming out with a spiked model and this has my attention for a new shoe as I've been kinda lost on what to buy after FJ got rid of the TourX model. I know it's the Tour Alpha now but it's mixed reviews. 

They look promising. I like the idea of a carbon plate.

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x