2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What up with Scottie?

jdl

2 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

That is an asinine observation I must say...

It is a known fact that a lot of professional golfers struggle trying to keep Tour cards or just making enough money let alone accumulate winnings over $57 million. 

Does Scottie really need to be in this RBC tourney because he needs a few more million to add to his $57 million?

I don't think so...

Why does Scotty's choice make it wrong based on your life experience?

I always find it comical that someone's particular path(especially highly successful ones) is wrong based on some random person's own life experience.

It's like you want Scotty to be home for the next 2-3 months.  Now that's disingenuous.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

8 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

That is an asinine observation I must say...

Which observation?  Please share.

It is a known fact that a lot of professional golfers struggle trying to keep Tour cards or just making enough money let alone accumulate winnings over $57 million. 

You are changing the topic.

Does Scottie really need to be in this RBC tourney because he needs a few more million to add to his $57 million?

I don't think so...

No, but why do you care if he does or does not?  Oh yeah, "privilege", and to "hold his feet to the fire".  Your words.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

2 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Which observation?  Please share.

You are changing the topic.

No, but why do you care if he does or does not?  Oh yeah, "privilege", and to "hold his feet to the fire".  Your words.

Again, Scottie claims he's a family man first and golf is secondary... but decides to play instead to be by her side?

To me, that's obvious but if you don't get it,  that's OK. 

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

1 hour ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

So a professional athlete shouldn't live their life the way they want because it is not "fair" to your experiences?  Maybe the internet is not the place for you.

Doesn’t someone sitting behind their keyboard commenting and being critical of how professional athletes (famous ppl) act based on their own experiences and opinion, pretty much sum up most of what the internet is centered around. Therefore making the internet the perfect place for him??? 🤔 

*okay, off to look for new avis and post sick “hot takes”! 

🤣

IMG_6221.jpeg

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

IMO, what is asinine is criticizing a guy for not being a 'family' man when you have absolutely NO idea what is best for his family. Has Meredith called you and told you how disappointed she is that Scottie is playing this tournament? How do you know that she didn't in fact ENCOURAGE him to play? My wife absolutely would have, AND I actually do family counseling with couples/families. It is simply ludicrous to think you know what is best for the Schefflers in this instance. Money has nothing to do with it. Scottie is known to be a hard worker. Work is good. With such a tight-knit family, it is quite likely that there is nothing else that he needs to be doing at this point other than waiting, so just sitting at home probably accomplishes nothing for them. 

Bottom line, not one of us has any reason to believe that he is in any way being neglectful toward his wife. Have you seen them interact? Every indication is that theirs is a healthy relationship from what I've seen. 

Again, I'm basing my observations only on what Scottie keeps claiming whenever he wins, that he's a family man and golf is secondary but please go ahead and dive deeper into it if you want. 

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Doesn’t someone sitting behind their keyboard commenting and being critical of how professional athletes (famous ppl) act based on their own experiences and opinion, pretty much sum up most of what the internet is centered around. Therefore making the internet the perfect place for him??? 🤔 

*okay, off to look for new avis and post sick “hot takes”! 

🤣

Cannot resist to comment could you?  But please keep throwing a "laughing emoji" on your comments making it okay, and everyone will think you are "joking".

Just because "hot takes" exist does not make the internet "centered around" it.  That may be your world.  Not mine.

• Haha 1

The internet is such an interesting place to explore. You read people's opinions and ultimately come to the conclusion that, yes, I would love to have a beer with some of these people. And then once you've shared said beer, you'll realize, yup, they are just as 'interesting' as they are on the internet.

Edited by ZonaHooker
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Cannot resist to comment could you?  But please keep throwing a "laughing emoji" on your comments making it okay, and everyone will think you are "joking".

Just because "hot takes" exist does not make the internet "centered around" it.  That may be your world.  Not mine.

I could have resisted but chose not to buddy! I’ll let you get back to ur current “argument” with a member! 

*came back to add. And I’ll get back to my hot takes and “jokes”. Bcs I’m sure it’s what you’ll say. And that’s absolutely fair!

🤣

Edited by TiScape

2 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I could have resisted but chose not to buddy! I’ll let you get back to ur current “argument” with a member! 

🤣

Just don't go crying to the guys in the 19th lounge after you decided to "stir things up".  🤣

:deadhorse:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

TiScape basically: "I went into the Tour Talk section to stir things up, and people are so mean there...I wonder why?  I am infallible."

I don’t think you are mean. Ur just… well I’m sure a decent enough person in real life. Mean is calling someone gay bcs you wear joggers. But that’s a convo for a different time P 😊

*and I’m far from infallible 

Edited by TiScape

35 minutes ago, FootWedge16 said:

Good god just give it a rest

That's a great idea...maybe someone could just tell Scottie to give it a rest and stop claiming he's a family fan and just admit he's a golf nut like the rest of us! 😛

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I don’t think you are mean. Ur just… well I’m sure a decent enough person in real life. Mean is calling someone gay bcs you wear joggers. But that’s a convo for a different time P 😊

*and I’m far from infallible 

Yes, I do not condone what happened in the Master's thread. 

Deleted a comment, and walking away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, csiachos said:

This is a designated event and he will be fined a huge amount for missing(1/4th of their Player Impact Program winnings), even though his baby is due in 3 weeks. 

Not true. He wouldn't be fined at all. Playing in any of the signature (f/k/a designated) events is not required, per the PGA Tour, of any player starting this year. It was a different scenario when Rory was fined for skipping a designated event last year. SS or any other players PIP is not impacted if they skip a signture event.

image.png.8665fdce6d3db457292bfcd3b2ca0301.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NetBogey said:

Hot take. Scottie just said in his post round interview that when him and his wife made his schedule this year they did it around the due date. As long as the baby didn’t arrive early, they both knew he would be playing this week. 

Can't believe Todd Lewis didn't hold his feet to the fire and call out his obvious lies! 

/s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It looks like Scottie is going to take a well-deserved break after all and will be staying home for a while...

Screenshot_20240418_175524_Chrome.jpg.c88b1cbf2ac84eaf45942f649133183a.jpg

I'm going to give him an A+ on his report card for his golf performance, an A++ for breadwinner skillset but just a C- for his family man skills as he had admitted himself that he failed to fix  some long-standing issues at home but more importantly, failed to get the nursery completed

Screenshot_20240418_181014_Chrome.jpg.a808b8204a9da30dc44ca5a341201351.jpg

I salute Scottie for being transparent about these things so perhaps he should just say that golf is my # 1 priority next time he wins which I think will be very soon again and I'll be fine with that.

Edited by Golfbit2X
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jonsnow said:

Maybe Scottie doesn't want to be by your wife. Oh wait, I think I read that wrong!

You got me, that was an unintentional typo...lol!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jdl said:

Can't believe Todd Lewis didn't hold his feet to the fire and call out his obvious lies! 

/s

I think it's time for Oprah to take charge...lol!

34 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

It looks like Scottie is going to take a well-deserved break after all and will be staying home for a while...

Screenshot_20240418_175524_Chrome.jpg.c88b1cbf2ac84eaf45942f649133183a.jpg

I'm going to give him an A+ on his report card for his golf performance, an A++ for breadwinner skillset but just a C- for his family man skills as he had admitted himself that he failed to fix  some long-standing issues at home but more importantly, failed to get the nursery completed

Screenshot_20240418_181014_Chrome.jpg.a808b8204a9da30dc44ca5a341201351.jpg

I salute Scottie for being transparent about these things so perhaps he should just say that golf is my # 1 priority next time he wins which I think will be very soon again and I'll be fine with that.

I'm sure Scotty is going to sleep better tonight knowing he has your approval now.😁

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Just now, mosesgolf said:

I'm sure Scotty is going to sleep better tonight knowing he has your approval now.😁

Yes,  I have a hot line to Scottie... he's my best bud. 🤪 Lol!

I'm signing him up for remedial family man skills 101 course as soon as he gets back home.