2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

What up with Scottie?

jdl

On 4/12/2024 at 4:38 AM, Jones55 said:

What is SS doing with his swing compared to everyone else that makes him so straight and accurate with the irons. 

Maybe we all need to copy his foot movement. 

Likely has really consistent biomechanics on his takeaway and then 1ft either side of the ball. However he is returning the club has no timing aspect to it.

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

I haven't looked at all the pages in this topic to see if anyone has posted about it but I'm a bit disappointed in Scottie for not deciding to skip the RBC tourney and just stay home with his wife and be there for the birth of their first born...

He already won the Masters and I get that he made a commitment to show up but I think that this is more than a good reason to beg-off.

I also think it was disingenuous of him to keep stressing that golf was not his no. 1 priority in life in several interviews he had recently but then his action of deciding to prioritize his golf over a once in lifetime family moment to be beside his wife makes him look like a fake. 

It's a shame because I really admire him as a golfer now that he in the midst of accomplishing tigeresque records. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

2 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

I haven't looked at all the pages in this topic to see if anyone has posted about it but I'm a bit disappointed in Scottie for not deciding to skip the RBC tourney and just stay home with his wife and be there for the birth of their first born...

He already won the Masters and I get that he made a commitment to show up but I think that this is more than a good reason to beg-off.

I also think it was disingenuous of him to keep stressing that golf was not his no. 1 priority in life in several interviews he had recently but then his action of deciding to prioritize his golf over a once in lifetime family moment to be beside his wife makes him look like a fake. 

It's a shame because I really admire him as a golfer now that he in the midst of accomplishing tigeresque records. 

I don’t know any husband who takes off time from work before their kids were born. Why should Scottie be held to a different standard if they are both comfortable with the decision? Heck, my wife worked up until she went into labor. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

Blame the tour, they decided to make it an elevated event at RBC. Something tells me if he was willing to bounce from the Masters if his wife goes into labor the RBC wouldn't be any different.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wozn said:

Blame the tour, they decided to make it an elevated event at RBC. Something tells me if he was willing to bounce from the Masters if his wife goes into labor the RBC wouldn't be any different.

I don’t think there’s any question about that. If she goes into labor, he’s gone, and he should be. But first borns aren't always the most timely as it is, so it’s work as usual, though I’m guessing at this point they probably aren’t living paycheck to paycheck! 

• Like 1

If she starts contractions on the first hole then I’m sure he’ll withdraw and be on the first private jet back to Dallas. It’s only a 2 hour flight. He’s a very down to earth guy by all accounts so maybe he figures it’s better if he just continues working like the rest of us rubes until it’s actually time to stop. I imagine he will take a month or two off after the baby comes anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

What you even going on about, baby isn't even due yet. 

Him staying at home pacing up and down the house, would probably drive his wife mad. 

Probably told him go to work, if baby decides to drop early, then so be it, he not far away. 

Everyone I know and myself waited till we got the call from the wife,and went to work why should Scottie be any different. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Pops99 said:

Wife due in 2-3 weeks and guy is getting hacked on for going to work. WTF is he supposed to do, sit and stare at her? Some weird guys in here. 

I'm just pointing out the fact that he keeps beating his chest that golf is not his # 1 priority but his action of playing in the RBC tourney shows otherwise. 

I think you may have misunderstood me because I wouldn't have any issues with Scottie if he didn't claim that golf was not his # 1 priority. 

In fact, I find it hilarious that he keeps bringing up his recurring theme every time he wins that he values his family more than Golf.

For me, it's obvious that he's disingenuous.

• Confused 2

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

7 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

You are just concern trolling.  You are not adding to anything, and are being disingenuous in "evaluating" a professional athlete's personal decisions.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

30 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that he keeps beating his chest that golf is not his # 1 priority but his action of playing in the RBC tourney shows otherwise. 

I think you may have misunderstood me because I wouldn't have any issues with Scottie if he didn't claim that golf was not his # 1 priority. 

In fact, I find it hilarious that he keeps bringing up his recurring theme every time he wins that he values his family more than Golf.

Work ain’t my number 1 priority either and I’m the VP of a multimillion dollar company, and could afford to sit around and stare at my wife for a week before the due date, but I kept working until the day my wife went into labor. Have you ever heard the expression about people in glass houses?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

What would make you happy, him quitting golf completely?

1 hour ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

You are just concern trolling.  You are not adding to anything, and are being disingenuous in "evaluating" a professional athlete's personal decisions.

Again, just stating the obvious here.

If it makes you happy calling my post trolling, I hope I made your day. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in awe with Scottie's skills as we may be witnessing a new era of dominance not only in men's but also women's golf at the same time!

However, I still think it's a shame that he opted to play on even after winning 9 events, with the last 3 in the last couple of months, including one major. 

He already has over $57 million in prize money which he deserves and has obviously attained generational wealth so I'm really puzzled why he has to play in a tourney that isn't even a major. 

For the rest of us working stiffs or students who don't have a choice, Scottie has more than earned the privilege to be by his wife's side while the rest of us continue to plod on. 

Personally, I remember my experience a long time ago when my son was born, I was still studying 150 miles away and had no choice but to go through a 4 hour white knuckle trip back to my wife passing through an ash cloud from an erupting volcano. 

I know Scottie will have a less stressful trip via private plane in case he needs to fly back home and I hope he makes it back in time to witness the birth of his first born. 

6 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in awe with Scottie's skills as we may be witnessing a new era of dominance not only in men's but also women's golf at the same time!

However, I still think it's a shame that he opted to play on even after winning 9 events, with the last 3 in the last couple of months, including one major. 

He already has over $57 million in prize money which he deserves and has obviously attained generational wealth so I'm really puzzled why he has to play in a tourney that isn't even a major. 

For the rest of us working stiffs or students who don't have a choice, Scottie has more than earned the privilege to be by his wife's side while the rest of us continue to plod on. 

Personally, I remember my experience a long time ago when my son was born, I was still studying 150 miles away and had no choice but to go through a 4 hour white knuckle trip back to my wife passing through an ash cloud from an erupting volcano. 

I know Scottie will have a less stressful trip via private plane in case he needs to fly back home and I hope he makes it back in time to witness the birth of his first born. 

So a professional athlete shouldn't live their life the way they want because it is not "fair" to your experiences?  Maybe the internet is not the place for you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

He’s likely going to be playing a little less around the birth of his child so he’s trying to get his reps in while he can

Youre mad at him for doing his job

Absolutely fascinating. You gotta be some kind of special to have your takes

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

So a professional athlete shouldn't live their life the way they want because it is not "fair" to your experiences?  Maybe the internet is not the place for you.

That's your interpretation, not mine. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. 

I'm just taking his own words/principles as a "family man" first and holding his feet to the fire.

Let's agree to disagree but just a word of thoughtful advice to you, don't be too quick to label people as trolling just because you can type it without any basis. 

Also,  I think you may have totally missed my point. 

Let me put it another way,  if I was in Scottie's shoes, I would have taken this privilege - a privilege that he has earned, to be by my wife as I already know that there isn't really any significant reason to participate in this tourney that isn't even a major. 

The rest of us working stiffs don't even have this privilege and yet he keeps saying that family is his #1 priority and not golf. 

He is an exceptional golfer but trying to pass off himself as a family man first is obviously not true. 

2 hours ago, NetBogey said:

Agreed! 

i worked and played golf the day my wife went into labor. Then took leave from work and golf for a week. 

I agree with you guys, however, the designated events right after the Masters is ridiculous.  He's got to be exhausted.  Looks like he could give 2 sh&ts about playing well and just going through the motions bc he HAS to be there or gets fined.  I LOVE Harbor Town and have played it a ton, but the designation needs to be removed.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigBlue7 said:

He’s likely going to be playing a little less around the birth of his child so he’s trying to get his reps in while he can

Youre mad at him for doing his job

Absolutely fascinating. You gotta be some kind of special to have your takes

Not mad, just disappointed. Maybe he should just stop saying he's a family man first whenever he wins again and just admit that he's a golf addict like the rest of us 😁

5 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

That's your interpretation, not mine. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. 

I'm just taking his own words/principles as a "family man" first and holding his feet to the fire.

Let's agree to disagree but just a word of thoughtful advice to you, don't be too quick to label people as trolling just because you can type it without any basis. 

Let me put it another way,  if I was in Scottie's shoes, I would have taken this privilege - a privilege that he has earned, to be by my wife as I already know that there isn't really any significant reason to participate in this tourney that isn't even a major. 

The rest of us working stiffs don't even have this privilege and yet he keeps saying that family is his #1 priority and not golf. 

He is an exceptional golfer but trying to pass off himself as a family man first is obviously not true. 

This is a designated event and he will be fined a huge amount for missing(1/4th of their Player Impact Program winnings), even though his baby is due in 3 weeks.  So possibly 3 million.  3 million that could go to his children. They can skip one, but he may be skipping one once the baby is born.  So why skip this one? 

Edited by csiachos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

Your "lifetime winning percentage (golf league) 17%" with a 16.9 handicap 

is Scotty-esque and quite telling.  Lol

Edited by mosesgolf
  • Haha 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

3 minutes ago, csiachos said:

This is a designated event and he will be fined a huge amount for missing(1/4th of their Player Impact Program winnings), even though his baby is due in 3 weeks.  So possibly 3 million.  3 million that could go to his children. They can skip one, but he may be skipping one once the baby is born.  So why skip this one? 

I can think of 54 millions reasons..😆

3 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

I am reading what you are writing.

4 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

I have basis.  Look at the other thread you and I chatted in.

5 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

Nope.  You expressed your point as "holding his feet to the fire" based on your "experiences".  This is you being disingenuous as you have quickly labeled Mr. Scheffler.  He is a "family man" in his eyes, and saying that he isn't in "your eyes" is an odd (some would say trolling) argument.  Multiple people are telling you that this is not a good "opinion" to have.  Look at a mirror and re-read all of the comments and responses. 

Or just keep digging yourself in a hole because this is "entertaining" to you?!  Or are you just jealous that he has $54 million in the bank?  You keep bringing that up for some weird reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mosesgolf said:

Your "lifetime winning percentage (golf league) 17%" with a 16.9 handicap 

is Scotty-esque and quite telling.  Lol

That's inaccurate, I'm 18.7 now but that's golf. 

Anyway, thanks for bringing that up.  I'm proud of what I've accomplished the last 3 years since I came back from a 29 year hiatus as well as playing injured.

3 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

I am reading what you are writing.

I have basis.  Look at the other thread you and I chatted in.

Nope.  You expressed your point as "holding his feet to the fire" based on your "experiences".  This is you being disingenuous as you have quickly labeled Mr. Scheffler.  He is a "family man" in his eyes, and saying that he isn't in "your eyes" is an odd (some would say trolling) argument.  Multiple people are telling you that this is not a good "opinion" to have.  Look at a mirror and re-read all of the comments and responses. 

Or just keep digging yourself in a hole because this is "entertaining" to you?!  Or are you just jealous that he has $54 million in the bank?  You keep bringing that up for some weird reason.

That is an asinine observation I must say...

It is a known fact that a lot of professional golfers struggle trying to keep Tour cards or just making enough money let alone accumulate winnings over $57 million. 

Does Scottie really need to be in this RBC tourney because he needs a few more million to add to his $57 million?

I don't think so...