eBay Suspension

Holy Moses

I’ve been an avid eBay user for 20 years. Never had an issue. For some reason my account became restricted. I uploaded my license and a copy of my bank info right from my bank according to their message in the app. Today eBay emailed me saying my account was permanently suspended. No reason given. I am not allowed to fight it and they won’t call me. They also have $150 of my money that they won’t send me. Any idea what happened? eBay just having some suspension errors? 

Edited by Holy Moses
  • Sad 2

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

First off, did you make sure you received the notice directly and that it wasn’t a spoof, by logging into your account at eBay.com and checking your messages?

If so, and it was a legit message, chances are someone tried stealing your account and do something like change the registered email or phone number by providing just enough personal details to eBay to make them suspicious. Once that happens, the only way to claim an account back is to verify personal information. 

• Like 1

Never heard of this before - as mentioned above you sure it was ebay and not a scammer? Ebay would never ask you for that info unless you were setting something up within the ebay system.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / AI SMOKE 21° + UB7 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SC PHNTM7.5

I talked to someone from eBay. They confirmed my account is permanently suspended and they won't tell me why. I don't use eBay as a business and have never bought or sold anything shady. In 72 days they are going to mail me a check for my payout that is sitting on my account. A supervisor is supposed to call me back, but this is very weird. 

• Sad 1

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

5 hours ago, larciel said:

been an eBay seller for 20 years as well. My account has been suspended and restored couple times. They used to hold money for 6 months.. so 72 days is not bad..

What was the reason yours got suspended and restored? I think mine has something to do with them trying to verify my identity, but as I said they won’t tell me the reason so I don’t know. Someone from eBay called me bc a few days ago and left a message, but they called at midnight.

Edited by Holy Moses

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

On 5/10/2022 at 2:53 PM, Holy Moses said:

I’ve been an avid eBay user for 20 years. Never had an issue. For some reason my account became restricted. I uploaded my license and a copy of my bank info right from my bank according to their message in the app. Today eBay emailed me saying my account was permanently suspended. No reason given. I am not allowed to fight it and they won’t call me. They also have $150 of my money that they won’t send me. Any idea what happened? eBay just having some suspension errors? 

I just logged into eBay a little bit ago and mine is restricted as well. I haven’t sold anything in a year or so and haven’t bought anything in at least 6 months so I’m confused as well. Was about to list some stuff on there but I don’t like eBay anyway so I’ll just let them have their fun restricting my account. The stress of dealing with their “customer service” is not worth it IMO.

• Like 1

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

6 hours ago, larciel said:

I had overdue invoice for few months. I paid them and got restored after ALOT of calls and begging. Gluck to you

3 hours ago, Stinger82 said:

I just logged into eBay a little bit ago and mine is restricted as well. I haven’t sold anything in a year or so and haven’t bought anything in at least 6 months so I’m confused as well. Was about to list some stuff on there but I don’t like eBay anyway so I’ll just let them have their fun restricting my account. The stress of dealing with their “customer service” is not worth it IMO.

How did you guys ever find a phone #?  I had an issue with a buyer a few months back and wanted to talk to somebody.  Every # I found was “no longer in service” and the chat with a bot was super helpful, I’m not even sure I found an email address.  

Their customer service was impossible to get ahold of. 

4 hours ago, Stinger82 said:

I don't remember the specific timeline, but about a year ago or so there were some updates sellers had to do when ebay started doing direct payouts.  If you didn't make those updates that could explain the suspension.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

7 hours ago, Bigjim1022 said:

How did you guys ever find a phone #?  I had an issue with a buyer a few months back and wanted to talk to somebody.  Every # I found was “no longer in service” and the chat with a bot was super helpful, I’m not even sure I found an email address.  

You can get the bot to have them call you or search for a number online. But now that my account is suspended they will accept my call at first, but once they realize who I am then they say my account is suspended and the call ends.

• Sad 2

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

5 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

You can get the bot to have them call you or search for a number online. But now that my account is suspended they will accept my call at first, but once they realize who I am then they say my account is suspended and the call ends.

What a mess.  

i found some #’s online but all said they weren’t in service 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I don't remember the specific timeline, but about a year ago or so there were some updates sellers had to do when ebay started doing direct payouts.  If you didn't make those updates that could explain the suspension.

That’s probably it, it’s why I stopped selling on eBay I refuse to add my bank info on there. 

• Like 1

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

13 hours ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I didn’t even attempt to call anyone, I don’t care enough. I stopped selling there anyway. I haven’t even sold on here in years and I used to buy and sell nonstop. Had a lot of luck on fb marketplace surprisingly lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stinger82 said:

I didn’t even attempt to call anyone, I don’t care enough. I stopped selling there anyway. I haven’t even sold on here in years and I used to buy and sell nonstop. Had a lot of luck on fb marketplace surprisingly lol

I've done ok on FB marketplace also, but ebay still results in best payout and faster sales in my experience 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

37 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I've done ok on FB marketplace also, but ebay still results in best payout and faster sales in my experience 

Not really after they take their cut. I don’t take payment through fb only take payment through PayPal. I live in the sticks in Pa but a lot of the time I’m working up near Scranton or Binghamton so I can sell there without having to ship which saves a ton too

25 minutes ago, Stinger82 said:

Not really after they take their cut. I don’t take payment through fb only take payment through PayPal. I live in the sticks in Pa but a lot of the time I’m working up near Scranton or Binghamton so I can sell there without having to ship which saves a ton too

I meant apples-to-apples after all fees.  I've found on average I sell things faster and for slightly more on ebay.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• 6 months later...

Not too sure either brother. I got permanently suspended when I haven't sold anything in several years. I had 5 star feedback. Asked support if I had any disputes - they said no. Asked support if I had any fees owed - they said no. They just refuse to tell me - verified paypal. Business paypal card. Only found out now because I wanted to sell a $1,000 microphone I've sold plenty of expensive items in the past with no issues. Guess Ebay doesn't want my $100 seller fee for my microphone. 

12 hours ago, oblivion53074 said:

Not too sure either brother. I got permanently suspended when I haven't sold anything in several years. I had 5 star feedback. Asked support if I had any disputes - they said no. Asked support if I had any fees owed - they said no. They just refuse to tell me - verified paypal. Business paypal card. Only found out now because I wanted to sell a $1,000 microphone I've sold plenty of expensive items in the past with no issues. Guess Ebay doesn't want my $100 seller fee for my microphone. 

Have you linked a bank account to your profile?  They no longer move your proceeds to PayPal, you must link a bank account to be able to sell.  Maybe that's why your selling account was suspended?

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

Have you linked a bank account to your profile?  They no longer move your proceeds to PayPal, you must link a bank account to be able to sell.  Maybe that's why your selling account was suspended?

This ^^^. They suspended my account as I didn't reply to their constant requests for bank account details. 

• Like 1