2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New 2023 Linkslegend Member Bag in hand pics!

cwong014

• cwong014 changed the title to New 2023 Linkslegend Member Bag in hand pics!
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered my plate, however have not received it yet. Nice that no tools will be necessary to get the plate on.  

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.5 Kurokage Silver TiNI
Callaway X-hot 3 Wood 1st Gen
Cobra Baffler 3H 20 Degree
Ben Hogan FTX w/Nippon 1150 Shafts
Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 Low Bounce
Bettinardi Studio Stock 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, Raybklyn said:

Looking great!  Could you let me know what the bag weighs empty?  I recently had a hip replacement and looking for a great carry bag to help get my walking in.  

Hoping under 5 lbs 🙂

Wondering if you found out what it weighs? And does anyone know if its waterproof? Ive read somewhere it is.. 

8 hours ago, sven365 said:

Wondering if you found out what it weighs? And does anyone know if its waterproof? Ive read somewhere it is.. 

i put mine on the scale and it came out to 5.5 lbs.  Based on my experience at Cabot Links, the bag is not waterproof.  It is water resistant.  9 out of 18 holes were played in steady rain, and most of the pockets had some dampness.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 Ventus Blue TR
Taylormade SIM 2 Ti 3W

Taylormade Sim 2 5W
Ping G410 4 Hybrid
PXG 0311T Gen 4 5-GW, Steelfiber i95 
PXG Gen 2 Sugar Daddy 54
Titleist SM9 58T
Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport

I got my bag back in September and I can’t figure out how to order the name plate…any help is appreciated 

Titleist 917D3 ad-BB 6x
Callaway rogue 15 atmos x
Titleist 818 H2 19 atmos x
Titleist 718 t-mb 4 C-taper stiff+
Titleist 718 ap2 5-pw C-taper stiff+
Vokey Sm6 Raw 50,55,60 Tour V stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Timeless

Picked up my Navy Blue this afternoon.  Love the silver logo.  Should look awesome on my Walker Trolley.  Thanks for all the posi comments that convinced me to go this route.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 3

Stealth w/ Oban Airburst Cobalt -or-
Paradym w/ Vanquish 

Srixon MKII ZX7/5 combo w/ Axioms!
Taylormade P770 w/ MMT stiff -or-
Adams Tour-issue CB5 Satin DG S300
Paradym 16.5 4-wood Ventus Blue 7s
Miura Tour 52, 56, 60 w/ MMT 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 33" 350g 

I have the 2022 version and love walking the course with it.  It's a hefty and sturdy bag.

The updated version's four-way cuff and magnetic pocket were needed, but I'm surprised it doesn't have a single strap.

Titleist TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus VR Red 6 stiff

Titleist TSi2 16.5°and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7

Titleist T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY

Titleist 2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105, 52.12F and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron 2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone moved from a 14 slot cart bag to a Linkmaster? If so can you comment on going from a large top cuff to a small top cuff. I rarely ever carry my bag. I usually ride or use a push cart so I am concerned about the size. I really want one but I don’t want to buy one then hate it because club tangle and everything being to tight and over crowded. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Dewyj

23 hours ago, Dewyj said:

Has anyone moved from a 14 slot cart bag to a Linkmaster? If so can you comment on going from a large top cuff to a small top cuff. I rarely ever carry my bag. I usually ride or use a push cart so I am concerned about the size. I really want one but I don’t want to buy one then hate it because club tangle and everything being to tight and over crowded. Thank you for your help.

So didn't come from a 14 slot cart bag - prior to Linksmaster I played a Sun Mountain 2.5+ and a Stitch 2.0 bag, both of which had less club tangle than the Linkmaster.  I love the bag, but club tangle is something I am putting up with for all the other great features and looks.  If that is a deal breaker for you, I think you will be disapointed.  

15 hours ago, cubuffs said:

So didn't come from a 14 slot cart bag - prior to Linksmaster I played a Sun Mountain 2.5+ and a Stitch 2.0 bag, both of which had less club tangle than the Linkmaster.  I love the bag, but club tangle is something I am putting up with for all the other great features and looks.  If that is a deal breaker for you, I think you will be disapointed.  

do you have the LM version with the 4 way or 3 way top?  I have a jones trouper r and am looking to move to a 2023 links legend.  Club tangle is minimal with the jones bag, ever with midsize mcc + 4 and extra tape.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:33 PM, Dewyj said:

I own both the Linksmaster (3 way) and the Linkslegend (4 way) bags.  The Linksmaster has minor club tangle going in.  No issues with the clubs being pulled out.  The linkslegend has moderate club tangle going in, but major issues of getting caught between the dividers and other grips when pulling the clubs out.  That is my experience with regular sized grips.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 Ventus Blue TR
Taylormade SIM 2 Ti 3W

Taylormade Sim 2 5W
Ping G410 4 Hybrid
PXG 0311T Gen 4 5-GW, Steelfiber i95 
PXG Gen 2 Sugar Daddy 54
Titleist SM9 58T
Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport

I have the Linksmaster Members bag and it's probably my favorite bag of all time (and that's a LONG time!) I love the look, the materials and the attention to detail. I'm 70 and walk >90% of my rounds using a push cart but never carry (other than from car to tee!). I'm coming from a 5+ year old Hoofer that was a good bag but felt heavier to carry, not nearly as good looking and had terrible club tangle.

All I miss from the Hoofer are 1. the hidden cart strap channel 2. the way the rain hood stored and served as a hip cushion (why doesn't every bag do it that way?? and why is the LinksMaster hood so heavy and massive?) 3. Velcro to hang your glove. 

Both bags have problems with club tangle. It always puzzles me when posters here report no tangle issues with these bags. I use mid-size grips on all my clubs but my friends with standard grip report the same issues with the Linksmasters. Not anywhere near a big enough negative to cause me to change bags. The Linksmaster/Legend is the most popular bag at my club so lots of my fellow members agree.

Edited by clover
typo

I currently have a Linksmaster, and saw the Linkslegend for the first time in person yesterday at the Golf Galaxy in Downers Grove, Illinois. IF I remember correctly, they had black, navy, green and white, no logos or anything, for $410 each (not including tax). 

I love my Linksmaster, but they seem to have solved all of the real problems I have with it with this update: 

1. Funcitonal water bottle pocket that ought to be able to fit 20-ish ounce bottles no problem. 

2. Grab handle at the top. I never knew how much I cared about this until I didn't have one. 

3. 4-way rather than 3-way would make keeping irons organized and keeping the bag from getting too heavy on one side easier. 

4. Love the magnetic rangefinder pouch. Another thing I didn't realize I'd miss much until I didn't have it.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this in the Linksmaster thread and thought would copy here also:

I own both... Currently using the original LinksMaster Members with single strap as my main set bag and walking with a buggy. And the new LinksLegend with double strap and my (slightly) minamilist set (D, u500 4i, 6-PW, SW, Putter) for carrying, practice, 9 hole and range sessions.

Here's my take on them:

• Mine are both black. Leather on the Master is more of a matte suede (its not suede, but I'm not sure the term for it) compared to the Legend which is a smoother shinier leather. Prefer the Masters, but both bags look good.
  • Most of the new additions on the Legend are great and a big improvement: 4way top, Top grab handle, Magnetic rangefinder pocket, magnetic flap bottle pocket (much more functional)
  • Legend is slightly lighter... by 0.1kg 😜  Mine weighing in at 3.0kg for the Masters and 2.9kg for the Legend (both with the Double strap)
  • The new double straps are much better, connected at the crossover, as opposed to the two separate style with a plastic connection piece (straps just don't tend to twist as easy). They also seem much more comfortable, wider and slightly thicker. Just generally feels better when carrying. (Single straps basically the same)
  • The strap clips of the Master have a swivel at the base of the clip before the strap, where as the Legend are fixed with no swivel at the base of the clips. Not a biggy but it does mean you have to make sure you clip onto the hook with the strap in the correct orientation to avoid it being twisted. The Master with the swivel means you can just swivel the straps to the desired orientation.
  • I like the screwed name plate of the Master as opposed to the velcro attached on the Legend. But both nice little touches regardless. Have received name plates for both and the etching on the Master was better quality also, but that could just be a workmanship thing??  
  • My biggest drawback of the new Legend, the rain hood! Some may prefer the tour style rain hoods, and it seems all latest Titleist bags have gone this way, but I find them bulky, ugly and annoying. Both a little excessive with the press studs to keep them on, but the Legend requiring 2 more with 8 total is a little ridiculous! (my old 4up rain cover had two press studs and was very functional) i get this style is probably more functional in the rain, not having to fidle with zippers, but generally it is not effective as an everyday cover (which is most of the time!)... storing, when travelling, throwing in the trunk etc. I actually found an old nylon zipper cover that fits well enough and I use instead just for storing. It gets removed when ever I carry so perfect for the job, but I do hope Titleist go back to the zipper style... although what do I care I don't think I will need another bag for a long time, as am sure these are going to last!!😜 

Tried to capture pics of all the differences below.

Any qs' just holler. But as I say both great bags and both have their place with me...

Links 01.jpg

Links 02.jpg

Links 03.jpg

Links 04.jpg

Links 05.jpg

Links 06.jpg

Links 07.jpg

Links 08.jpg

Links 09.jpg

Links 10.jpg

Links 11.jpg

Links 12.jpg

Links 13.jpg

Links 15.jpg

Edited by wazandnic
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, wazandnic said:

Posted this in the Linksmaster thread and thought would copy here also:

I own both... Currently using the original LinksMaster Members with single strap as my main set bag and walking with a buggy. And the new LinksLegend with double strap and my (slightly) minamilist set (D, u500 4i, 6-PW, SW, Putter) for carrying, practice, 9 hole and range sessions.

Here's my take on them:

• Mine are both black. Leather on the Master is more of a matte suede (its not suede, but I'm not sure the term for it) compared to the Legend which is a smoother shinier leather. Prefer the Masters, but both bags look good.
  • Most of the new additions on the Legend are great and a big improvement: 4way top, Top grab handle, Magnetic rangefinder pocket, magnetic flap bottle pocket (much more functional)
  • Legend is slightly lighter... by an Oz😜  Mine weighing in at 3.0 Oz for the Masters and 2.9 Oz for the Legend (both with the Double strap)
  • The new double straps are much better, connected at the crossover, as opposed to the two separate style with a plastic connection piece (straps just don't tend to twist as easy). They also seem much more comfortable, wider and slightly thicker. Just generally feels better when carrying. (Single straps basically the same)
  • The strap clips of the Master have a swivel at the base of the clip before the strap, where as the Legend are fixed with no swivel at the base of the clips. Not a biggy but it does mean you have to make sure you clip onto the hook with the strap in the correct orientation to avoid it being twisted. The Master with the swivel means you can just swivel the straps to the desired orientation.
  • I like the screwed name plate of the Master as opposed to the velcro attached on the Legend. But both nice little touches regardless. Have received name plates for both and the etching on the Master was better quality also, but that could just be a workmanship thing??  
  • My biggest drawback of the new Legend, the rain hood! Some may prefer the tour style rain hoods, and it seems all latest Titleist bags have gone this way, but I find them bulky, ugly and annoying. Both a little excessive with the press studs to keep them on, but the Legend requiring 2 more with 8 total is a little ridiculous! (my old 4up rain cover had two press studs and was very functional) i get this style is probably more functional in the rain, not having to fidle with zippers, but generally it is not effective as an everyday cover (which is most of the time!)... storing, when travelling, throwing in the trunk etc. I actually found an old nylon zipper cover that fits well enough and I use instead just for storing. It gets removed when ever I carry so perfect for the job, but I do hope Titleist go back to the zipper style... although what do I care I don't think I will need another bag for a long time, as am sure these are going to last!!😜 

Tried to capture pics of all the differences below.

Any qs' just holler. But as I say both great bags and both have their place with me...

Thanks for a great write up and the pictures.

Wonder if Titleist will sell the newer straps separately for LM bag owners. I can see how the swivels would be a great benefit.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry