Da 2023 college fooball 🏈

bscinstnct

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

I love Beamer  ball ! 

Great win for South Carolina tonight. Rattler finally looked like he did his freshman year at Oklahoma. What a stomping. Beamer ball LOL c'mon (14-10) so far as SC head coach. 🤣 Crazy day today. All of the top 4 CFP teams had tough games today. Top 4 shouldn't change next week. The Vols can pick up their parting gifts. Hard to look at LSU as a possible top 4 team. UT beating them at home by 27 looks worse today with SC housing the Vol's. That said If UGA beats LSU in the SEC Championship game that boots them out of contention. Will be interesting next week to see what happens with the UM/OSU game. Love CFB. Wow is Miami bad. Less than 100 yards total offense against Clemson. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grm24 said:

Great win for South Carolina tonight. Rattler finally looked like he did his freshman year at Oklahoma. What a stomping. Beamer ball LOL c'mon (14-10) so far as SC head coach. 🤣 Crazy day today. All of the top 4 CFP teams had tough games today. Top 4 shouldn't change next week. The Vols can pick up their parting gifts. Hard to look at LSU as a possible top 4 team. UT beating them at home by 27 looks worse today with SC housing the Vol's. That said If UGA beats LSU in the SEC Championship game that boots them out of contention. Will be interesting next week to see what happens with the UM/OSU game. Love CFB. Wow is Miami bad. Less than 100 yards total offense against Clemson. 

Beamer ball is gamecock fan speak for we love his offensive scheme.    

we’ve been watching a defensive coordinator try to call offensive plays for years ( muschamp ) and screaming at our tv the whole time.  We finally have a Guy who thinks in terms of scoring.  Think of the defenses we had under spurrier and muschamp.  We graduated more top nfl defensive players than anyone.  And yet we couldn’t score and win.  Because spurrier was stuck in 1956  , and muschamp couldn’t get over himself and let someone else call plays.  

Beamer is our Dabo.  Wait and see. It’s going to happen.  Once recruiting catches up , and we have real players. It’s going to be fun.  They are scoring with the smallest receivers I’ve ever seen. Tiny running back core and a  QB that is still in question.  If he shows up against Clemson , I’ll brand him arrived.  And the 14-10 comment ?  I scoff at you !  Scoff scoff.😂  You don’t know how bad Carolina football is !  We are glad to have 14-10.  Especially with glimmers of offensive hope.  It’s been 30 years since we saw that.  

bottom line is this is the first coach that the kids are bought in with.  They  feared spurrier.and he used his celebrity  to bully guys ( Stephen Garcia ) and ruin others ( Marcus Latimore ) in a bud Kilmer style of authoritarian coaching.  They didn’t respect him.  And they plain old hated muschamp.  There are stories of cuss fights between him and players from day one to the day they fired him.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

we’ve been watching a defensive coordinator try to call offensive plays for years ( muschamp ) and screaming at our tv the whole time.  We finally have a Guy who thinks in terms of scoring.  Think of the defenses we had under spurrier and muschamp.  We graduated more top nfl defensive players than anyone.  And yet we couldn’t score and win.  Because spurrier was stuck in 1956  , and muschamp couldn’t get over himself and let someone else call plays.  

Beamer is our Dabo.  Wait and see. It’s going to happen.  Once recruiting catches up , and we have real players. It’s going to be fun.  They are scoring with the smallest receivers I’ve ever seen. Tiny running back core and a  QB that is still in question.  If he shows up against Clemson , I’ll brand him arrived.  And the 14-10 comment ?  I scoff at you !  Scoff scoff.😂  You don’t know how bad Carolina football is !  We are glad to have 14-10.  Especially with glimmers of offensive hope.  It’s been 30 years since we saw that.  

bottom line is this is the first coach that the kids are bought in with.  The feared spurrier. But didn’t respect him.  And they plain old hated muschamp.  There are stories of cuss fights between him and players from day one to the day they fired him.  

Yes I figured the SC faithful just a little ways down the road from me were still feeling gleeful today. Enjoyed your post Blade. I'm happy the the Gamecocks football program has started to turn it around. There's been too much Orange Tiger chatter in the AVL for too long. 

Spurs UP ! 

Spurs-up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

1 minute ago, touch said:

Yes I figured the SC faithful just a little ways down the road from me were still feeling gleeful today. Enjoyed your post Blade. I'm happy the the Gamecocks football program has started to turn it around. There's been too much Orange Tiger chatter in the AVL for too long. 

Spurs UP ! 

Spurs-up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thank you !  Every soccer mom in the area wears Dabos brand on her mini van !  And it’s time to correct that!    15 years ago you saw no tiger paws unless it was the odd iptay sticker for a donor.  Now the bandwagon is full.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Beamer is our Dabo.  

So SC is co-opting Beamer Ball from Virginia Tech where Shane's dad was the long time very successful VT head coach? That's pretty funny. SC will be lucky Shane achieves 1/10th of what his dad did. As for Beamer being your Dabo I would certainly hope Shane isn't the same type of insufferable hypocrite that Dabo is.🤣 SC deserves better than that.

6 hours ago, grm24 said:

So SC is co-opting Beamer Ball from Virginia Tech where Shane's dad was the long time very successful VT head coach? That's pretty funny. SC will be lucky Shane achieves 1/10th of what his dad did. As for Beamer being your Dabo I would certainly hope Shane isn't the same type of insufferable hypocrite that Dabo is.🤣 SC deserves better than that.

Man. You really don’t know how bad South Carolina football is do you ?  Hope- a sliver of hope. We’re humans of course we will cling to it.  It’s the first that’s been seen.  We’re the Cleveland browns of the sec.  Only Vanderbilt is lower. And they simply pay for the sec monicker for clout.  

im well aware of the elder Beamers record.  And you’re probably correct , but Shane is young  yet , and he’s in a program where money isn’t an issue.  So it’s possible. That’s all I’m saying.  The Ingredients are present.  

as far as Dabo.  I said it then and I still believe it.  When I heard his first press conference- I said “ I wish we had him “.   I don’t know what you mean by hypocrite.  If I don’t hate him , and he wears that orange crap , then nobody should.     But I’ll re-air my prediction- then moment saban retires or is fired.  Dabo will pack up and go back to Bama.  Because that’s the top of the heap.  If he coached cow college to titles , he can coach anybody to one.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Today good early fooball games on da fooball field 🏈😃

Undefeateds! Michigan/Ohio State

And SC vs Clemson. I’m seein a 14.5 spread. Is that right?

Are you going to stand for that @bladehunter ?!

🤣😊 cheers ; )

Lol. Considering we didn’t score against them last year. Yes.  When you play Dabos cult in their den , you have to beat the crowd. The refs and the team.   It’s tough.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Well. I know what I’m having for dinner - a fat steak and a tall glass of tiger tears !  

Beamer Ball!  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Lol. Considering we didn’t score against them last year. Yes.  When you play Dabos cult in their den , you have to beat the crowd. The refs and the team.   It’s tough.  

Ha! Have yourself a beer 🍺!

Like our coach always said,

Offense wins you fans 

Defense wins you games 

Special teams win championships

And I assume this win is as big as it gets 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Ha! Have yourself a beer 🍺!

Like our coach always said,

Offense wins you fans 

Defense wins you games 

Special teams win championships

And I assume this win is as big as it gets 😃

Biggest two weeks of football for me.  Ever.  I have never been as optimistic as a fan.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Michigan putting The Definitive Beat Down on The Ohio State university.

Also glad to see that! 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So happy for the Wolverines and the Gamecocks! 

And in their opponents houses makes it even sweeter. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This born and raised Michigander will be playing this one a good bit for the rest of the weekend! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, bladehunter said:

Man. You really don’t know how bad South Carolina football is do you ?  Hope- a sliver of hope. We’re humans of course we will cling to it.  It’s the first that’s been seen.  We’re the Cleveland browns of the sec.  Only Vanderbilt is lower. And they simply pay for the sec monicker for clout.  

im well aware of the elder Beamers record.  And you’re probably correct , but Shane is young  yet , and he’s in a program where money isn’t an issue.  So it’s possible. That’s all I’m saying.  The Ingredients are present.  

as far as Dabo.  I said it then and I still believe it.  When I heard his first press conference- I said “ I wish we had him “.   I don’t know what you mean by hypocrite.  If I don’t hate him , and he wears that orange crap , then nobody should.     But I’ll re-air my prediction- then moment saban retires or is fired.  Dabo will pack up and go back to Bama.  Because that’s the top of the heap.  If he coached cow college to titles , he can coach anybody to one.  

@bladehuntercongrats on SC beating Clemson in your rivalry game. Great couple of weeks for your guys. Well done and well deserved. Always great to beat your biggest rival especially on their home field. What makes it sweeter is destroying what chance Clemson may have had for the CFP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grm24 said:

@bladehuntercongrats on SC beating Clemson in your rivalry game. Great couple of weeks for your guys. Well done and well deserved. Always great to beat your biggest rival especially on their home field. What makes it sweeter is destroying what chance Clemson may have had for the CFP.

Yes sir.  Thank you.  

It’s a really big deal here.  I’m most excited because this will absolutely effect recruiting in this state.  And I’d love to see the program taken out of joke status in my lifetime.  With all the money the program gets , there’s never been a palatable excuse as to why it stayed in the dumps.  This coaching staff truly feels different.  

• Like 3

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Well, no one is more surprised than me.  The idiot Aggies look like they are going to upset LSU and remove them from the CFP picture. Crazy. 

What happened to TCU today? Didn't know they could win a game by more than one score LOL! 🤣 Shaping up to be an interesting final 4 for the playoffs. UGA, UM, TCU and USC. If TCU makes the playoffs Dan Jenkins, rest his soul, will be grinning ear to ear.

1 minute ago, grm24 said:

What happened to TCU today? Didn't know they could win a game by more than one score LOL! 🤣 Shaping up to be an interesting final 4 for the playoffs. UGA, UM, TCU and USC. If TCU makes the playoffs Dan Jenkins, rest his soul, will be grinning ear to ear.

Surprised they scored against IS so well.  Turnovers played a huge role.  Two pick 6s plus fumble recovery just outside the red zone.  Just those 3 scores win for TCU.  Going to be a tough Big-12 championship game. K State is a very good team. 

Funny that both OSU and Alabama are whining already for a CFP spot.  OSU with only 1 loss isn't crazy, but Alabama making a big deal out of beating Auburn is hilarious.  Auburn couldn't beat an egg this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Surprised they scored against IS so well.  Turnovers played a huge role.  Two pick 6s plus fumble recovery just outside the red zone.  Just those 3 scores win for TCU.  Going to be a tough Big-12 championship game. K State is a very good team. 

Funny that both OSU and Alabama are whining already for a CFP spot.  OSU with only 1 loss isn't crazy, but Alabama making a big deal out of beating Auburn is hilarious.  Auburn couldn't beat an egg this year.

TCU beat K-State earlier this season. Should be able to do it again. I can sort of understand OSU since they only have one loss and it was to the #3 team in the country. However they aren't playing a title game. 'Bama has nothing to whine about. Two losses and struggles in a couple of other games. No SEC title game. Lost to one of the teams in the SEC title game. Even if UM and TCU would lose their conference title games they will still be in the CFP. IMO if USC loses to Utah, who somehow made it to the Pac 12 championship, Ohio State likely gets the 4th spot.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Yes sir.  Thank you.  

It’s a really big deal here.  I’m most excited because this will absolutely effect recruiting in this state.  And I’d love to see the program taken out of joke status in my lifetime.  With all the money the program gets , there’s never been a palatable excuse as to why it stayed in the dumps.  This coaching staff truly feels different.  

Well hopefully SC can keep it up. Nobody saw this coming after SC losing to Mizzou and getting smashed by Florida before the Tennessee game. 

While recruiting is still important, NIL and the transfer portal are now crazy important. i.e. Spencer Rattler for SC. Also see TA&M on the flipside. Number one recruiting class last season with all of the built in advantages money and booster wise they have. First team in NCAA history to have the number one rated recruiting class and have a losing record in the same season.

With the NIL and transfer portal as it is today it's more hit and miss than ever for success from one year to the next. 

6 hours ago, grm24 said:

Well hopefully SC can keep it up. Nobody saw this coming after SC losing to Mizzou and getting smashed by Florida before the Tennessee game. 

While recruiting is still important, NIL and the transfer portal are now crazy important. i.e. Spencer Rattler for SC. Also see TA&M on the flipside. Number one recruiting class last season with all of the built in advantages money and booster wise they have. First team in NCAA history to have the number one rated recruiting class and have a losing record in the same season.

With the NIL and transfer portal as it is today it's more hit and miss than ever for success from one year to the next. 

Yep agree. I hadn’t considered the portal …. Maybe a couple 6-5 receivers will magically head down our way !  

the Missouri game I can halfway see.  They are though always. No matter how bad a year they’re having.  But the Florida game is the one that is just hard to understand.  It’s like they all showed up hungover.  

I truly believe that somehow that game was the catalyst for the last two wins though.   I have no inside knowledge.  But it had to have been some sort of breaking point for all.  Like hitting rock bottom and saying “ blank it.  We’re going to throw it and who cares what happens “.    

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

It’s going to be UGA TCU Michigan and southern cal.     It has to be the committees ideal situation.  They have the county cornered so to speak.  Tv numbers will be way up with a west coast  team.   They’ve been trying to make this happen since the playoff started. 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

18 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Well. I know what I’m having for dinner - a fat steak and a tall glass of tiger tears !  

Beamer Ball!  

I didn't watch any games yesterday because they rarely turn out the way I would like. When I was checking scores late last night I thought it was a mistake. Then I tried to find a replay on espn or the acc network and of course there wasn't one. It was getting real tiring hearing about the home field win streak and I'm giddy that SC ended it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

If USC plays Utah they could get knocked off.  I don’t think OSU has a leg to stand on, they got smoked by the team the committee has said has the worst schedule of those in the top 10.  Alabama has a case, they lost 2 games 1 on the final play with their QB just returning from a shoulder injury, and 1 in OT, by a total of 4 points, both on the road.  Alabama is still 1 of the 4 best teams in the country.

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

My Wisconsin season has been an absolute nightmare... but the hiring of Fickell made it all worth while... 

Ready for 2023 

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

USC.... Thanks for playing. No CFP for you. Unless one of the top 3 get the 1916 Georgia Tech-Cumberland beatdown (222-0) or the 1940 Bears-Redskins beatdown (73-0) in their respective conference championship games the top 4 should be UGA, UM, TCU and likely OSU. 

Has to be a boat load of top level lobbying from the B10 and SEC going on right now. 'Bama should not jump over OSU after a weekend where neither of them played. My guess is that since ESPN/ABC is losing the B10 tv contract to Fox/CBS/NBC in 2023 that 'Bama is magically ranked 4th in the final CFP rankings. Wouldn't be surprised that behind the scenes ESPN/ABC/Disney make that happen. 

Solution..... /s No team is ranked 4th come Sunday. UGA gets a bye to the championship game and the TCU/UM winner plays UGA in the CFP finals.  🤣😂🙃

• bscinstnct changed the title to Da 2023 college fooball 🏈