APPLY NOW! Edel SMS Iron Testing! 3 Testers Needed!

How To Apply
1. City, State? Myrtle Beach SC

2. Handicap? 4
3. Current iron set? Cobra MIM Tour Copper 5-GW
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I’m a huge feel player with loads of led tape caked on the back of my clubs. I will forever tinker for that perfect feel/results combo and these clubs would help create that opportunity. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely. 

1. City, State? West Windsor, NJ

2. Handicap? 15
3. Current iron set? Titleist T100S
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I want more precise and distance by changing weights and weight balance. I would like to find out best customized clubs.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Sure thing.

1. City, State? Bellingham, MA

2. Handicap? 6
3. Current iron set? Cobra Forged Tec (2020)
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I've been impressed with the reviews and feedback on Edel's equipment and want to see if these irons can my approach play to the next level.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

🏌️‍♂️ | Callaway Epic Max LS | Cobra Speedzone 5 Wood | Titleist TSI3 3H | Cobra Forged Tec | Cobra MIM Black | EVNROLL ER2B | Titleist Pro V1x | 🏌️‍♂️

1. City, State? Branchburg, NJ

2. Handicap? 4.7
3. Current iron set? Adams xtd forged, with kbs c taper x
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I'd love to add a little forgiveness and maybe distance to my iron game, while retaining clean lines and shot shaping capabilities. I've never been professionally fit, but used to work in golf and have down trial and error on my own, with some radar sessions.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

1. City, State?  Leesburg, VA

2. Handicap?   8.2
3. Current iron set?  Titleist TS200, 100S combo
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  want to see what all the hub bub is all about.  Plus if the weighting system in irons really works 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Of course.  I'll even use a real camera instead of my phone  

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

1. City, State?  Memphis, TN

2. Handicap?  15
3. Current iron set?  Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  First, the looks are outstanding.  My current irons have 1/2 inch extensions and it's time for me to get a set that fits and in which I have total confidence.  Used H-G Goldlines for years and recognize the value of  custom-fitted clubs.  Home course is TPC Southwind.  GM/PGA Pro of our club just got an absolutely beautiful Edel Putter after being custom-fit in TX.  He can't say enough good things about Edel.   I know the golf swing and equipment and am capable of providing meaningful insight and info.     
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes.  For what it's worth, I am a damn fine writer and should require minimal editing.

1. City, State?

• Gainesville, VA

2. Handicap?

3. Current iron set?

• APEX 21

4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?

• I currently use the SMS Wedges and would love to see if the irons provide similar feel and customization as the wedges. I believe the wedges have entirely changes my short game and I believe what Edel has going is a game changer in the iron game. 
  • I haven't been selected to do any past reviews that I've applied for but I believe this is the most ideal for me to compare my current irons with the new SMS irons alongside the wedges.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

• For sure, I do a lot of technical writing in my job and also am a photographer as a side business. I believe I'll be able to provide a great, in-depth, write up with my background in a timely matter.

1. City, State?  Saint Paul, MN
2. Handicap? 5.5
3. Current iron set?  Cobra Fly-Z+ with KBS TGI 110g shafts +0.5", Golf Pride MCC grips counterweighted for D5 swing weight
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  Because I am infatuated by club customization and the scientific aspects of the game.  Golf requires athletic skill, of course, but I believe the technological features of the golf club are dramatically overlooked by recreational players.  Length/Loft/Lie are traditional features addressed during a fitting process, but now Edel is offering not oy head weight customization, but head weight positioning customization all in one offering!  This is an amazing opportunity to me.  As a player who builds his own clubs, I would relish the opportunity to test them.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Without question.  I'm looking to upgrade my irons in the near future, and also aiming to work on my swing to learn a baby draw.  I currently hit a slight fade, and have always struggled to work the ball right to left.  I feel this SMS technology could really help my shot shaping.

Thank you for the Opportunity!

-Drew-

Current Bag Sep2022.jpg

How To Apply
1. Lake Jackson, TX

2. 10.8
3. Callaway Apex Sweet Spot Combo
4. I recently bought an Edel putter. The fitting process was amazing and the results were better. I have a wedge fitting this week at Edel HQ. After a 15 year break from the game, the technology has advanced and I think this is one of the most innovative advancements I have seen. 
5. Absolutely!

1. Anderson,SC

2. Handicap 11
3. Current iron set is Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal
4. I want to test Edel's SMS irons to compare to my current set in terms of dispersion, trajectory and distance.  They would also complement my Edel wedges which I thoroughly enjoy.
5. I am willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates.

1. Waco, TX

2. 15
3. Srixon ZX5 (5-6i), ZX7 (7i-PW) Modus 120 Stiff Shafts
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Love the concept of the weighting system in the clubhead to fine tune for the golfer. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, most definitely

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

1. City, State?  Charlotte, NC

2. Handicap?  7
3. Current iron set?  TMag P7TW
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I've always read and heard great things about Edel irons, would love the chance to test out these irons, and their new technology, against my blades and see what performs better for my game.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely!

Handicap: 7

Current Irons: Ben Hogan Apex 4-P

Why:  I’m in the market for some new sticks.   I like the idea of getting my irons fine tuned with the movable weights.  I think it’s a brilliant idea and will be copied and used moving forward.

Write up: Yes of course I would.  I want to brag to everyone that I got to hit these bad boys!

How To Apply
1. City, State? Trussville AL

2. Handicap? 12
3. Current iron set? Callaway Apex 21
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I currently play with the Edel SMS wedges. I’ve a lot about the new irons and interested to see if they change my iron game like the wedges changed my short game. I have much more control with the SMS wedges than I did with my previous Cleveland RTX wedges. I also like the idea of having my irons match my wedges. I’m a weekend golf warrior that is always interested in getting better and I understand equipment is part of that. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes very willing to do written reviews and photos rounds of golf to add to the review 

1. Athens, GA

2. 39

3. TaylorMade MB Irons

4. I'm only three months in to golfing and have fallen hard for it. I got my current irons from a family friend and hit them pretty well, but, even with lessons, I slice my iron shots 80-90% of the time. I'd love to have some adjustable faces to help correct that without butchering my swing.

5. I'd love to do a review!

1. City, State? Roslyn, New York

2. Handicap? 5.1
3. Current iron set? Pxg 0211st
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I owned the variable length Edel irons a few years ago and always loved the feel and turf interaction. Now with the new tech, im sure these are even better!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? For sure

1. City, State?  Destin, FL

2. Handicap?  3.7
3. Current iron set?  PXG 0311T Gen 4
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I've played Edel wedges in the past, but never had a full set of irons to play.  And my buddy in DC just got a set of these irons and absolutely loves them.  I can't let him play better clubs than me!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely. 

1. City, State? Monroe, GA 

2. Handicap? 1.2
3. Current iron set? Ping i210 4-pw Black Dot Dynamic Gold DG120 x100 
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I play college golf and I want to test the Edel SMS Irons because I have used Edel putters in the past and I have liked them and I would really like to see how the irons match up against my Pings that I use every day. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? I am very willing to do an in depth review and keep people posted on how they feel and all the feedback I get. I would also like to let people know how the weight system works and changes things. 

1. City, State? Fredericksburg, VA

2. Handicap? 3.2
3. Current iron set? Callaway RAZR X Musclebacks
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? intriguing how the weights can affect the flight, feel and accuracy, plus I only heard of the wedges not the irons
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? of course.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

1. Towson, Maryland

2. 5
3. Mizuno JPX 900 Forged
4. I love listening and reading about new technology.  I have listened to all of the Eden podcasts, and they convinced me to do an Eden putting fitting.  I really enjoyed that, purchased a putter, and have been putting very good since then.  I'd like to try my hand at their irons to compare with my putter process.  (Wedges are next after my Vokeys wear out a bit more.)
5. Yes. I play year round.

On 9/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply
1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current iron set?
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

-Nashville, TN

-5.5 HDCP

-Ben Hogan PTxPro 5-PW

-I have always been interested in any designs looking to advance technology or challenge traditional club construction. I am a tinkerer and I like the idea of moveable mass to accommodate different paths, strike patterns, etc. Also, edel stuff always tends to look pretty good as well. 

-Yes absolutely

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

1. Cleveland, OH

2. 3 handicap

3. I've very curious about the face control technology.  Also in the market for new irons and edel has always been on the radar for me.

4.  Yes, I am willing to do in-depth review.

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

On 9/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply
1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current iron set?

1. Hartselle, AL

2. 3.4

3. Apex Pro ‘19 4-W

4. In the market for new irons. Would like something with better turf interaction. Maybe a slightly flatter sole or sharper leading edge (playing mostly tight, firm fairways with deep Bermuda rough). Prefer to work the ball left to right and fight a high ball flight, so the adjustable weight system is intriguing. My current irons are packed with lead tape and I like to tinker anyway. Is there a heavier weight set offered to adjust for higher SW? 

5. Absolutely! 

1. City, State?  Wellington, FL

2. Handicap? 13.8

3. Current iron set?  Apex ‘21 w/ Modus 120X

As an engineer, I love to tinker with all clubs and new tech. I’ve built a lot of my own clubs and played many many different sets. The profile of the SMS irons looks absolutely perfect and movable weight technology is quite interesting in an iron. With a slight tendency to miss out on the toe, I’d be interested to see it placing more mass behind the ball would help or not. Was also considering picking up a set of the Edel SL irons to try and these look even better. 

Absolutely, yes. I’d very much welcome and appreciate the opportunity to test and advise on my experiences to benefit the GolfWRX community.