2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

3 hours ago, southpaw72 said:

Well I went back to the kai’li white. Didn’t give the trono much of a chance so I’m sure I’ll circle back to it. Playing it tour length and weights, in draw setting at 10*, fade weighted. Loving it right now. Feel like it’s an odd setting but I’m not going to argue with the results. 

This is where I have mine too. I found the LS driver and 3 wood to sit too flat for me. Put them both in the upright/draw setting on the shaft adaptor and set the weights to fade. Lie angles are now a lot closer to what I have played in the past. 

• Like 2

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, cw1209 said:

This is where I have mine too. I found the LS driver and 3 wood to sit too flat for me. Put them both in the upright/draw setting on the shaft adaptor and set the weights to fade. Lie angles are now a lot closer to what I have played in the past. 

The draw setting was a game changer. I was in the verge of benching it. Now I’m loving it 

• Like 2

Still working hard with mine up against my LTDX ls but i can't get it to beat it out yet. Many people have said they are similar but my settings for each are vastly different. I'm getting older and starting to lose distance so length is key for me. Theres always a lot to mess about with both of these drivers and just searching for that extra bit of magic dust.

The standard head is still a hammer for me.  Was 9/10 in fairways yesterday and the miss was a junk block swing

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Voyage round with the LS for me yesterday. 10.5 set to 11.5d with Ventus Red 6s playing 45” and has (2) 12g weights.
I hit 11 of 13 fwys with it and the 2 I missed (1 was just right of the fwy in short grass and the other was hit exactly where I was trying to hit it a short cut over a dog leg (not fry but short grass area).  Feels great, was long but was hard to tell how long because the course was super soft from rain the day before. Definitely can’t wait to hit it again when it’s not wet to see what kind of run out I get. I’m probably gonna get a 8g weight to swap out in the toe side and see what that does. It is more fade biased for me at the moment but it’s really what I call a 5 yd cut. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

On 9/24/2023 at 5:20 PM, southpaw72 said:

The draw setting was a game changer. I was in the verge of benching it. Now I’m loving it 

Took an entire season to get the AJ LS dialed in. 3 different shafts, multiple weight and adapter settings. Definitely the lowest spinning and highest lofted driver I have ever tried to play. I was right there with you and @Phabs, ready to move on to a more forgiving head. Put the Rad XB back into play. Didn't realize the effect that lie angle had on drivers and fairways, or that the AJ LS was flatter compared to previous lines. My miss was a huge block to the right, which I attributed mostly to the forward CG. Once I moved it to Std loft draw setting I was getting a small pull to the left, not really a draw. Flipped the weights around and now the stock shot is a tight fade. Put the AJ LS 3 wood on a draw setting too.  Cut the driver down to 45" with a 12 gram and 8 gram weight. Crazy long when you flush it, much smaller misses.

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

59 minutes ago, cw1209 said:

Took an entire season to get the AJ LS dialed in. 3 different shafts, multiple weight and adapter settings. Definitely the lowest spinning and highest lofted driver I have ever tried to play. I was right there with you and @Phabs, ready to move on to a more forgiving head. Put the Rad XB back into play. Didn't realize the effect that lie angle had on drivers and fairways, or that the AJ LS was flatter compared to previous lines. My miss was a huge block to the right, which I attributed mostly to the forward CG. Once I moved it to Std loft draw setting I was getting a small pull to the left, not really a draw. Flipped the weights around and now the stock shot is a tight fade. Put the AJ LS 3 wood on a draw setting too.  Cut the driver down to 45" with a 12 gram and 8 gram weight. Crazy long when you flush it, much smaller misses.

Glad you got it figured out.  Draw setting me for did zero good and moved all my contact further into the heel making the right and going right miss worse. 

• Like 1

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I just demo'ed the 50th Anniversary AJ LS and it's very long as the feel is amazing as that is what I'm getting used to. Between the feel and sound is what I really like as I'm just new to a driver with Low Spin and Fade biased. I have to work hard at it but I can turn it over and like Wow! beautiful penetrating flight. I have mine in the draw position and its a 10.5 but I do play the R2 GD AD IZ4 shaft but nothing gets wild on me as the shaft may add a bit of spin but everything is playable even if I do miss it slightly to the right as I'm still getting plenty of distance. I don't think this LS would be the best fit for me but it's the best fade based driver I have ever hit.

Since Im going on 68 years young and wanted to try out a premium light shaft and Cobra was offering the one I was after and with the 50th Anniversary Edition I couldn't pass it up as I think this is the best looking driver out there, or could I as Cobra makes some of the best Special Edition drivers out there. They might not be the most forgiving but it's very long and I feel as if it's very forgiving for a Low Spin driver. My spin is around 1980-2200 with a 92 mph swing speed so nothing is dropping out of the sky, I get good distance with a nice roll out for it being Fall weather. If I would have had this driver this summer I could have seen plenty of monster drivers. I hit 3 drives today playing just 9 for the 1st time with it that were my longest this year at one of my home courses and right in the middle of the fairway too. 

With winter soon to be here I may or may not get it perfectly dialed in but for now with the setting I have made I'm don't think I would change anything else as I was very impressed with what I experienced today. Now for the real test will be with the Aerojet Standard as this will be the 50 th Anniversary too as I'm curious to how many people feel that this is the Unicorn of drivers. More forgiveness and equal distance with a touch more spin might be the what will stay with me for the coming year. Cobra has always made some very nice drivers

Edited by Tiptx1122
  • Like 2

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 10/2/2023 at 7:30 AM, cw1209 said:

I need to order weights so I can play with more shaft options as I have tour length build from cobra so the heavier weights. I tried a 45.5 trono and probably need to go back to that with the draw setting to see how that is as I didn’t try that combination but sw will be much different. Maybe just need to trip the trono. I hoard most failed experiment shafts anyway, I have stuff for driver heads I don’t even own anymore lol

On 10/2/2023 at 1:30 PM, cw1209 said:

It does take some dialling in. I'm down a similar road at the moment with -1 draw setting and 14g toe side 3 in the heel. The previous shocker for me was huge high block right and it's a bit unnerving to then put everything in the fade setting. Still undecided between this and LTDXls and just as i'm getting close someone hands me an 8 degree TSR2 to throw into the mix.

Played yesterday and didn't miss a fairway with driver working it both ways.  Had three normal draw swings and hit two really nice high layover fades - never could work the LS head with any reliability.  I hit the LS again a few days ago and it made it three swings before I pulled it - nasty start right going right ball flight popped up almost immediately after not seeing it for almost two months with the standard head. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I just finished 9 holes as not playing as much due to the crummy weather but today low 60's no breeze and I was able to hit 5 out of 7 fairway actually 5 out of 6 as the one miss was with my 5 Wood.  I really like the difference I'm getting with the Standard Aerojet as the distance and feel is pretty equal and the forgiveness is a bit better as well. I hit one drive 295 as I would have hit 300 if it had been a much warmer day but I hit 2 lasers straight down the middle. Looks like I will finish the season off with the Standard Aerojet as this is after trying the Paradym X, PING SFT, Stealth 2 Plus, Tsr2 this year as all had premium shafts too as well as my Aerojet as I put in a GD AD IZ4 shaft as I'm sticking with it . The Aerojet and Stealth 2 Plus are the longest and the PING SFT is the most forgiving as the next 3 are all very forging with the Cobra feeling the best

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 4 months later...

I just picked up a AJ Max, and built a new driver. I hit my personal best in distance this week. Its a 9* Max head, 44.50" with 50g Kai Li blue stiff, D4 and 304g static weight. Really happy now. 

• Like 1

Driver... Cobra Aerojet LS, Lin-Q M40X R
Fairway... 4 & 7 TEE E722 Ventus Red R
Irons... 4-P Wilson Staff CB, UST Recoil 95 R
Wedges... 50/54/58 Cleveland RTX-6 Recoil 95 R
Putter... Odyssey White Hot Pro Super Stroke 2.0 XL Legacy