2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

You're a low cap guy, right? Does the ls have a big miss unit or is it stable?

The thing I’ve been most impressed with is how stable it is compared to the LTD. It doesn’t feel like the head moves at all and my misses are darn near as good as my ripped tee shots. I’ve been very impressed. Yes I play to plus 1 or 2 in my old age, driving is a strength but this driver has been hard to miss 

• Like 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

ltdx was better

• Like 1

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: Cobra Snakebite Raw 50, 54, 58 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

On 7/3/2023 at 8:18 AM, The Ultimate Hack said:

ltdx was better

For myself also, flight, dispersion, sound and feel goes to the LTDx. The Aerojet for me however is slightly longer and favors the left side (right handed). Me preferred flight is a mid flight fade.

Edited by wayne18

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party as usual.  I had the LTDx for a bit last year and it was a fine offering, but I felt I was missing something.  I demo'd the stealth2 plus and found it more to my liking but not a fan of the impact feel and the club itself feels like a chore to swing.  I dont know what the SW is, I gave my scale to a young kid who was wanting to build clubs, etc.  But it feels D5ish.  Anyhoo.....

Grabbed a standard aerojet 10.5, turned it down to 9, 4th gen hzrdus black and off I went.  Immediately felt more lively.  Ball speeds went up vs stealth2.  Nice mid high flight with my preferred baby cut.  Top tracer had me around 280 total distance.  Did not get on trackman.  Club feels fast thru the swing, unlike the stealth2 plus.  Sound is very pleasing to me.  I like everything about the aerojet.  Just might have to grab one.  Still 3+ months in the golf season here in Ohio.  

• Like 3

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

2 hours ago, Lord Helmet said:

Late to the party as usual.  I had the LTDx for a bit last year and it was a fine offering, but I felt I was missing something.  I demo'd the stealth2 plus and found it more to my liking but not a fan of the impact feel and the club itself feels like a chore to swing.  I dont know what the SW is, I gave my scale to a young kid who was wanting to build clubs, etc.  But it feels D5ish.  Anyhoo.....

Grabbed a standard aerojet 10.5, turned it down to 9, 4th gen hzrdus black and off I went.  Immediately felt more lively.  Ball speeds went up vs stealth2.  Nice mid high flight with my preferred baby cut.  Top tracer had me around 280 total distance.  Did not get on trackman.  Club feels fast thru the swing, unlike the stealth2 plus.  Sound is very pleasing to me.  I like everything about the aerojet.  Just might have to grab one.  Still 3+ months in the golf season here in Ohio.  

Same for me Lord Helmet.  Went and got fit in late Feb/early March and the Aerojet with Gen4 Hzrdus Black was the winner.  Like a true Wrx'er though I instead picked up a Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS because it was alot cheaper.  Well I've played the Triple Diamond all season, but recently got a good deal on the Aerojet so picked it up.  So far I've only had it in my backyard net, but the face contact/strikes are much more consistent, feels just as hot as the Triple and feels good too.  I do actually like the softer feel of the Triple just a touch more, but hoping the early success in practice with it translates to the course.  I've also paired it with a Hzrdus Smoke Green PVD I had sitting in the closet.

• Like 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Any one compare the blue and white kai’li in the LS head? I’ve tried a white in a stealth but didn’t like the stealth so short experiment. Never tried the blue but everyone raves on how much better it feels. Looking at reviews and such jt doesn’t seem like the blue really adds that much spin or launch. Thinking of trying the blue for the feel and experiment from there if it doesn’t work out. 

9 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

Any one compare the blue and white kai’li in the LS head? I’ve tried a white in a stealth but didn’t like the stealth so short experiment. Never tried the blue but everyone raves on how much better it feels. Looking at reviews and such jt doesn’t seem like the blue really adds that much spin or launch. Thinking of trying the blue for the feel and experiment from there if it doesn’t work out. 

I have the blue 6x and tried it with the stealth2 plus.  Was a non up charged shaft.  Its a good shaft.  Not as stable as the Ventus TR Blue 6x, not even close really.  Mid-high flight.  Does have a good feel to it (subjective) in my swing.  But for me wasnt consistent with strike pattern on the face.  The Ventus TR for my swing just seems to find the center more.

I dont have experience with the shaft in a cobra head, sorry.

Edited by Lord Helmet
  • Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

1 minute ago, Lord Helmet said:

I have the blue 6x and tried it with the stealth2 plus.  Was a non up charged shaft.  Its a good shaft.  Not as stable as the Ventus TR Blue 6x, not even close really.  Mid-high flight.  Does have a good feel to it (subjective) in my swing.  But for me wasnt consistent with strike pattern on the face.  The Ventus TR for my swing just seems to find the center more.

I dont have experience with the shaft in a cobra head, sorry.

No worries joys of buying without a lot of trying lol. I was hoping for a mid flight I could control with loft on driver and “lowish” spin. Maybe I need to give the white a shot again and maybe neither will work lmao. 

1 hour ago, southpaw72 said:

No worries joys of buying without a lot of trying lol. I was hoping for a mid flight I could control with loft on driver and “lowish” spin. Maybe I need to give the white a shot again and maybe neither will work lmao. 

Yes, being a southpaw myself its buy, try, sell, rinse and repeat too many times.

I liked the blue better than white  - the bend profile of the blue fits me better I guess.  But nothing can touch the stability of the Ventus TR Blue for my swing.  

• Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

9 minutes ago, Lord Helmet said:

Yes, being a southpaw myself its buy, try, sell, rinse and repeat too many times.

I liked the blue better than white  - the bend profile of the blue fits me better I guess.  But nothing can touch the stability of the Ventus TR Blue for my swing.  

Exactly. My idea at the moment is try and make the best choice on stock shaft and pay to play after that lmao. I’m not as good at the selling part. I have so much stuff sitting around lol 

39 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

Exactly. My idea at the moment is try and make the best choice on stock shaft and pay to play after that lmao. 

Yup.  I was lucky to pair up with another single last year who allowed me to swing his Ventus TR blue.  Otherwise, would have probably never gotten into it.  

Ive hit the stock aerojet 3x now all with Hzrdus 4th gen black and its a great combo.  I tried my Ventus TR red 6x as well and its also very nice with a higher flight.  I like those McIlroy looking bombs off the T, even at 280 they look sweet. haha.  If I get the clubhead, I will glue an adapter on my TR Blue and go from there.

• Like 2

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

5 hours ago, Lord Helmet said:

Yup.  I was lucky to pair up with another single last year who allowed me to swing his Ventus TR blue.  Otherwise, would have probably never gotten into it.  

Ive hit the stock aerojet 3x now all with Hzrdus 4th gen black and its a great combo.  I tried my Ventus TR red 6x as well and its also very nice with a higher flight.  I like those McIlroy looking bombs off the T, even at 280 they look sweet. haha.  If I get the clubhead, I will glue an adapter on my TR Blue and go from there.

I was just fit for the LS with HZRDUS Black.  Hit the Ventus as well, but dispersion wasn't as good.  Driver arrived today so hope to get it to the range and course this weekend.  I tried both Kali blue and white as well.  Didn't go well.  They seemed to have more of a kick for me and couldn't time it.  The Aerojet is a nice upgrade especially on feel IMO.

• Like 1

Tried to dump my brand new LS driver on BST, but got nothing but lowball offers, so I put a trusty AD TP in it and put it back in the rotation. Early returns have been great and I'm glad it didn't sell. Going to put it into competition play next week and see how it does under pressure. Either way, it's sticking around in the 1 or 2 slot in my rotation.

• Like 1

I have to say as much as I love the driver the 3W might be my favorite club in the bag at the moment. It sounds / feels more like an old school steel fairway wood but man it just goes off the face. For those that haven't tried it yet I would highly recommend giving it a go.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

13 hours ago, AUTIGER07 said:

I have to say as much as I love the driver the 3W might be my favorite club in the bag at the moment. It sounds / feels more like an old school steel fairway wood but man it just goes off the face. For those that haven't tried it yet I would highly recommend giving it a go.

I still have the F9 in my bag.  Nothing has beaten it.  Havent hit the aerojet 3w, but I might.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Well I was bored after the open coverage ended and must have accidentally ordered a LS 9* with the kai’li white 70 at 44.5”  can’t wait to give it a try. It’s almost like knowing my wedding is in less than 50 days has kickstarted a bag revamp so I don’t have to answer as many questions once I have more supervision 😂😂😂. Irons show up on Tuesday and this beauty hopefully by the end of the week. Wedges came yesterday 😅

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

Well I was bored after the open coverage ended and must have accidentally ordered a LS 9* with the kai’li white 70 at 44.5”  can’t wait to give it a try. It’s almost like knowing my wedding is in less than 50 days has kickstarted a bag revamp so I don’t have to answer as many questions once I have more supervision 😂😂😂. Irons show up on Tuesday and this beauty hopefully by the end of the week. Wedges came yesterday 😅

I did something similar, but I bought and entire Cobra bag setup a couple weeks ago. I used my LS 10.5 for first time today. Everything was left, I know it was

definitely me. No sure I will hit any better than the other 3 drivers have but that is what being a wrx member is. 

Have just moved from a standard LTDx to the Aerojet LS with the 12g weight in the toe and it's been great so far, had been suffering snap hooks of late, especially when hitting into wind, but not had one yet with the LS over 4 rounds, in very windy conditions here in the UK, was worried about the 'lack of forgiveness' i read elsewhere, but not seen that at all, seems to be as forgiving as the LTDx, give or take a yard or two, not seeing horrific results from the high toe spinless hits, they fall out the sky, but roll out to normal distances pretty much every time.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 1:04 PM, ae1985 said:

Guys. This hurts. 

PXL_20230702_170115311.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I actually liked the infinity face bc I was able to swing away without my irrational fear of this happening to my expensive new driver. I just ordered the Aerojet, would you say the topline is more prone to these skymarks due to the material or was this just a bad mishit?

15 hours ago, Mainehacker21 said:

I actually liked the infinity face bc I was able to swing away without my irrational fear of this happening to my expensive new driver. I just ordered the Aerojet, would you say the topline is more prone to these skymarks due to the material or was this just a bad mishit?

Just a really bad hit

Well I got my tour length LS with kai’li white 70 yesterday. Fellas I messed up bad. How could I leave my g400max. The countless strolls down the fairway we’ve had, hours spent in bliss on the range, the trips to foreign courses, the flat bombs that make the cart girls stop and stare and playing partners jealous. All gone with a click of the buy now button and a few USD. 

Played a quick E9 yesterday and to say I left confused, sad, and emotionally unstable is an understatement…

In all seriousness I regret not going with the blue to begin my experiment (because who would just go get fitted 🙄). I’ve had ballooning issues with most mid/mid shafts and am a typical low/low guy so grabbed the white. Super low piercing flight. Didn’t seem to knuckle ball out of the sky but launch needs brought up. Will continue experimenting with the head and shaft but I felt instant regret leaving the g400 at home. Now the experiment will begin. Have a Trono 65 coming already because why not lol. 

But in looks, feel, sound it destroys the ping. Just need to get that ball flight where I like it and I think the confidence will follow and we’ll see if it can make the cut 

Edited by southpaw72